The Days of creation and days of week

Moderator: Brother Christopher

Erich

The Days of creation and days of week

#1 Postby Erich » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:22 am

Greetings to all , Shalom ...

I was hoping to do meditation on some previous research i found unfortunately i can no longer find the material ... I think one reason is it might have been somthing added into existing topic ...
If anyone can direct me to our willing to share the meaningful correspondence of Days of creation with the days of the week i would be most grateful . In the research I found it explained how and why Hesod as first day of creation had Monday/yesod assigned to it etc .... and gave a meaningful teaching about Malkut haveing Tifert assigned to it !

Any help would be appreciated ...
Thank You ,
Erich A. Webb

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Re: The Days of creation and days of week

#2 Postby Elder Gideon » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:54 pm

Shalom Erich:

Glad to hear your question. There are many places in our forum that discuss nuances between the days of the week and the Days of Creation. If you use google to search our forum, it's much more precise. Simply type: site: sophian.org: your topic and you'll see a variety of writings. One that I found for you is here for your consideration.

It's extensive and a large essay on its own. Keep on all the way through and you'll find many rich points for your research. Hope this helps.

Elder Gideon

Erich

#3 Postby Erich » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:37 pm

Shalom Elder Gideon ,

Thank you for the good words and information ... lots of good treasures to be found therein , i feel like a pirate digging for treasure ! It was not the same info i was hoping to find nevertheless many good treasurers to contemplate ....
The one i was hoping to find gives all days creation from Hesed to Malkut and days of week monday to sunday ..... If i remember Hesod is the first light from creation and is Good , this light has correspondence to yesod/monday and the tzaddik . Of course there was more to it , i just dont remember it all ... then Gevurah as second day of creation corresponding to Gevurah/Tuesday ! I will just keep digging and pray .....
I did like the reference to the straight path and extending the Sabbath through all the days of the week ....
As for the search suggestion ... i used it and only brings up what i've found before , that was the way i usually attempt find information ...

In the Light of the Holy Mother ,
Erich A. Webb

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:40 pm

Greetings and blessings in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

I vaguely recall the teaching you are inquiring about, but do not recall where it was written in the forums; perhaps, though, using the search method Gideon has shared you will find it again. I pray that is so!

Although I’m not inclined to venture into that teaching again here, because it has a larger context within which it makes sense, one too involved to rebuild here, I can share a few thoughts that might help your contemplation, as well as help you understand teachings we have on days of creation and days of the week.

First, there are the days of creation as the days of the week according to teachings of Ma’aseh Bereshit - Works of Creation, in the Kabbalah. Taking “Saturday” as the seventh day, the Shabbat, corresponding with Malkut/Binah, “Sunday” would correspond with the first day of creation, and the days of the week would follow in the natural order of decent through the Tree of Life; hence, Sunday would be Hesed-Tzedek, Monday would be Gevurah-Madim, Tuesday would be Tiferet-Shemesh, Wednesday would be Netzach-Nogah, Thursday would be Hod-Kokab, Friday would be Yesod-Levanah and Saturday would be Binah-Shabbatai manifest as Malkut. These are the correspondence of the days of creation to the days of the week in their natural order as taught in the Works of Creation, and this is the order often followed by initiates of the Christian Kabbalah in their continuum of prayers, meditations and sacred ceremony, drawing upon the spiritual power and mysteries of the revelation of creation (Bereshit).

When the days of the week are contemplated as the days of creation, generally speaking this is how they are contemplated.

There is, however, another set of attributes given to the days of the week, based upon the Roman Calendar, and we see this, for example, in the Art of Solomon. Instead of days of creation there is an association of the celestial spheres with the days of the week, and within and behind there is a theurgic correspondence of Sefirot drawn from teachings of Ma’aseh Merkavah - Works of the Chariot, rather then Ma’aseh Bereshit. The attributes are as follows: Sunday, Shemesh-Sun, Monday, Levanah-Moon, Tuesday, Madim-Mars, Wednesday, Kokab-Mercury, Thursday, Tzedek-Juptier, Friday, Nogah-Venus and Saturday, Shabbatai-Saturn. In that the celestial spheres are the manifestation of the spiritual powers of the Sefirot in Asiyah, so the corresponding Sefirot would be associated with days of the week as given in this order.

At times there have been teachings given in the tradition about the intersection of these two orders of the days of the week, and those teachings have been used to reveal certain mysteries to initiates with understanding; however, they are distinct and individual teachings, and the natural order of the days of the week as the days of creation is the principle one used in the tradition, the one based upon the Roman Calendar being used as a theurgic device, and often as a “blind” or “veil” before the uninitiated. Interestingly enough, though, there are profound teachings of Ma’aseh Merkavah given with the order based on the Roman Calendar, so even something used as a “blind” may prove to be secrets hidden in plain sight, though that context might be quite concealed.

Perhaps this might be of some help in your research and contemplation.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Erich

#5 Postby Erich » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:57 pm

Shalom Tau Malachi ,

Much appreciation and thank you for the additional good words upon this subject . Always good to learn more and flesh out other treasured aspects of our tradition , even though iam not an initiate of the order with hope someday i will be asked to take the initiation . Well , can i even call the Sophian Tradition my tradition without proper initiation ? I have done my own personal work to align myself with the teachings and I do currently attend the chat services provided on tuesdays ...
These teachings are always a blessing and yes challenging for me at times nevertheless
... they will give me much to contemplate and deepen my understanding of the our Sophian Path ...

In the light of the Holy Mother , L.V.X.
Thank You
Erich A. Webb

Erich

#6 Postby Erich » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:32 am

Shalom to All ,

You all have so far brought valued teachings and different means for me to approach my quest , thank you. Yet I'm still looking for the teachings , if anyone has anything to share please do ...
In the teaching i also found it helpful that there is talk about the sabbath which to some should be celebrated on the saturday which would correspond to Malkut ... in the teaching it holds to the 7th day of creation as Malkut-Saturday yet goes on to say that with the redemption and coming Messiah Tifert corresponding to sunday finds it expression in Malkut , hence the Sabbath is/can be celebrated on the sunday . I found this meaningful on different levels ... perhaps this is why most Orthodox Churches and Catholics celebrate the sabbath on sunday , i doubt they have any understanding why .... I hope and have faith i'll find it , thanks for any help you can provide ...

In the Light of the Mother ,
Erich A. Webb

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#7 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:50 am

Erich wrote:

Much appreciation and thank you for the additional good words upon this subject . Always good to learn more and flesh out other treasured aspects of our tradition , even though iam not an initiate of the order with hope someday i will be asked to take the initiation . Well , can i even call the Sophian Tradition my tradition without proper initiation ? I have done my own personal work to align myself with the teachings and I do currently attend the chat services provided on tuesdays ...
These teachings are always a blessing and yes challenging for me at times nevertheless
... they will give me much to contemplate and deepen my understanding of the our Sophian Path ...
b

Shalom Brother!

If an aspirant is taking up the teachings and practices, whether having received initiation or not, then indeed, they are a practitioner of our tradition - an independent practitioner. If an aspirant seeks initiation then, as you have in your post, they need to reach out to us, let us know of their interest and pursue mentoring and initiation. For those who live at a distance we have companions in circle who can mentor them by phone and email. If that's something you would like to do, please send me a private message with your contact information, your email and phone number, and I'll pass it on to a companion of my circle and ask them to take up a cycle of spiritual mentoring with you, discussing teachings and practices with you.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Erich

#8 Postby Erich » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:28 pm

Shalom Tau Malachi ,

This is very good to hear and a blessing to actually begin mentorship . It is one of my deepest desires to become an Initiate of the Sophian Tradition and begin mentorship .I have sent you a PM with contact info . unfortunately i believe i live too far up north in Idaho for person to person meet , yet beginning via. the phone and emails would be good start .... i could even fly out to meet up with my mentor if the opportunity ever arose , as i believe would need be the case at some point . That all said , yes this is very much somthing i would like to pursue ... looking forward to the journey ...

Thank you and Blessings to you in this New Year ...

Erich A. Webb

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#9 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:02 am

Shalom Erich,

I've passed your contact information to a companion and he will be in contact with you soon. Yes, indeed, at some point, after some time in mentoring, you will be welcome to come out and visit our circle to receive initiation and teachings in person, and to experience some of the spiritual work in our circle. That's what our companions at a distance do from time to time if they are able to, they come and visit us for a few days.

You will be in my heart and prayers.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Erich

#10 Postby Erich » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:31 pm

Shalom Tau Malachi ,

Much appreciation for the good words and the welcoming into the Mentoring Cycle ...
Yes that is my hope to someday after having acquired the appropriate teachings to then receive
inition and deepen knowledge and experience of the Sophian Path of Enlightenment ...

Thank you Brother ...
Erich A. Webb

Erich

#11 Postby Erich » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:02 pm

Shalom to All ,

Blessed be the holy Shekinah .... The information I have sought after i found .
It was hiding in the " The Art of Prayer and Way of the Navim - Prophets "

It is esoteric association and reveals one set of kavvanot ...

Hesod as first day creation has esoteric relation with yesod-monday and Holy Tzaddik
Gevurah as second day has esoteric relation with gevurah-tuesday and evil is subjugated
Tifert as third day has esoteric relation with hod-wednesday and healing-redemption
Netzach as fourth day has esoteric relation with hesed-thursday and spiritual illumination
Hod as fifth day has esoteric relation with netzach-friday Divine filling all dominion
Yesod as sixth day has esoteric relation with binah/malkut-saturday Shekinah above and below
Malkut as seventh day has esoteric relation with tifert-sunday and Christos and deliverance from darkness , sorrow and suffering ...... day of pure joy !

Thought i would share this and give my thanks to Tau Malachi for bringing much treasured wisdom to facilitate and illuminate us along our spiritual path ....

May I ask if these attributes apply to the simple single tree and extended tree as well .... and if i could use these while meditating on the seven directions ?

Thank you and Shalom ...

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#12 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:48 am

Shalom,

Thank you for your kind words brother.

Any correspondences, as such, will generally apply to the single Tree of Life or Great Tree of Life glyphs. If an initiate were taking this up as a meditation of the seven directions they would use the straight application of the days of creation - Sefirot, to the days of the week per the Works of Creation, and consider the correspondence of the directions with the Sefirot as given in the Sefer Yetzirah and Zohar, as shared above - Hesed to Malkut in their natural order. The esoteric teaching on the intersection of the two ways of attributing the days of the week to Sefirot your've quoted would be a distraction and complication in contemplation of the directions, it would also tend to limit or obstruct the flow of energy, light-power, in the practice.

As I shared above, typically initiates will work with one or the other set of correspondence of days, depending upon the intention of the spiritual work they are taking up.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Gnosis and Gnosticism”