What is our shabbat day and why ?

Moderator: Brother Christopher

Erich

What is our shabbat day and why ?

#1 Postby Erich » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:55 pm

Hello to all and Shalom ,

I pray that someone can provide little insight into the day we celebrate Shabbat and why ?
What im curious about is from the time of old testament and Torah the Shabbat is always celebrated as Friday
sundown to Saturday sundown , and Saturday is traditional day of Shabbat ..... If i understand correctly we
celebrate our Shabbat on Sunday , the Holy day of Jeshua and St.Mary resurrection from their death which
took place on a Friday after the last supper . My apologies if i have missed this information from our topics , i
have looked for the information and can not find it ...... If i may ask while i brought the time of Resurrection
on Sunday into this topic i would like to ask is it safe to say our Pentecost is celebrated on the 7 Sunday or 49
days following the Resurrection .....
I thank you and appreciate any information bringing me closer to remembering and keeping the Shabbat ....

Praises and Blessings to Lord Jeshua and Lady Mary Magdalene ,
Shalom to All

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: What is our shabbat day and why ?

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:40 am

Greetings and blessings in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

When we have actually gatherings in Shabbat in community naturally we must agree upon a day, and generally speaking it will be Saturday or Sunday. Today, in this generation, the Fellowship celebrates Shabbat together on Sundays. In the generations of Tau Miriam and Tau Elijah their assemblies celebrated Shabbat on Sundays. In those times the Gnostic circles of our lineage functioned very much like a 'secret society,' concealing their activities and initiates would attend services at exoteric churches while privately practicing Gnosticism and Kabbalah. Today that's not the case, so we celebrate on Sunday in remembrance of the Risen Messiah. If an initiate is not able to attend Shabbat on Sundays because of the demands of their work, then they will choose another day in the week when they are off to remember and keep Shabbat. Other than for the purposes of an actual meeting for communal celebration it really does not matter which day is chosen, but rather it's all about the devotions of Shabbat, a day to turn to God, to worship, pray and meditate, and study and contemplate, and have fellowship, deepening our spirituality and honoring the call from God, the Most High.

In our tradition there are eight holy feasts. We do not follow the calendar of the Roman Church, but rather we follow the path of the sun and the natural seasons that the Creator has made. We celebrate the feast of the crucifixion at spring equinox, the feast of Magdalene then follows on May 1st, and the feast of the pentecost and ascension is celebrated at summer solstice. So we have our own cycles for essential celebrations in community and don't take up those of the outer and unspiritual churches. Of course, as I shared from our past, things were meant to be offset from events in exoteric churches to allow initiates to attend church along with their neighbors, concealing the activities of the Gnostic circles.

May the Holy One bless you and keep you! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Marion

#3 Postby Marion » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:25 pm

Shalom Erich,

This is a good question! First we must understand: “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is lord even of the Sabbath.” Mark 2:27. In the midst of our busy lives, and all the demands of the world, it is good to set aside a day to dedicate to the Holy One. For us, it is not so much a duty, but truly a meeting of our Beloved—who is God and no other. On Shabbat, whatever day that is for us, we may wear special clothes, we may eat good foods, and we may engage in special practices; it truly is a very creative affair! I have gone on long hikes before, and taken a contemplation with me, or put on some music and dance. It all depends on what works for the person and the community.

As Tau Malachi has said, Shabbat could be any day, and Sunday has special meaning for us as it is associated with Christ. Along with this, we remember and keep Shabbat from sunrise to sunrise, rather than sunset to sunset as in Judaism. This is in remembrance of Yeshua Messiah as the Sun of God.

A good way to search for a topic is to input in your search engine: sophian.org:your search topic.

I wish you well in your journey,
Shalom,
Marion

Erich

#4 Postby Erich » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:58 pm

Shalom to all ,

I would like to thank you for taking time and effort to reply to my question ,
Thank you Tau Malachi and Marion and any others that may comment .
Also sorry for my late reply , computer at times will not let me log into my
account.
I appreciate the good words and also additional info about the May 1st
celebration of St. Mary Magdalene I look forwards to her celebration this May 1
and also deeper wisdom . I ask my self if there could be connection to
any stars at this time as well and to milky way .... i guess possibly some
connection to Milky Way might be there ? I also iam thankful to learn we
celebrate Shabbat sunrise to sunrise and not sundown to sundown i assume that
is for reasons progressing from old covenant to new covenant .

Shalom

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:55 am

Blessings to you in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

The celestial or astrological correspondences with the eight holy feasts are the obvious. The solstices and equinoxes each correspond with a time of transition of the sun between two zodiacal signs, such as in winter solstice, the feast of the holy mother and child, when the sun transits from Sagittarius into Capricorn. The remainder of the holy feasts are celebrated when the sun is in the ‘fixed signs,’ Aquarius, Taurus, Leo and Scorpio. Understanding that the twelve zodiacal signs correspond with the twelve tribes of Israel, twelve holy apostles - the various emanations of the Human One of Light within the generations of humanity, and understanding the ‘path of the sun’ passing through all of them each year, the sun being a symbol of the Messiah, so the fullness of spiritual humanity is implied, and more so a new humanity, supernal and divine.

Shalom Aleichem
!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Gnosis and Gnosticism”