The Power of Mind: Faith

Moderator: Brother Christopher

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:00 am

At the heart of the teachings of Master Yeshua is the awareness of the immanence of God, that we are all quantum manifestations of the Holy One and the presence and power of the Holy One is within us. In other words, we are all sons and daughters of the Light (God) and we are all co-creators with the One. God is within, yet ever beyond - for that which God is precedes creation and shall continue beyond creation, and yet God is everywhere within creation and creation exists in God.

We may often speak of God in anthropomorphic terms in order to contemplate God in the context of our human experience, however God is the One Being-Consciousness-Force, the Mind, according to Gnosticism and Kabbalah. By Mind is meant something more than merely our mental consciousness - it is All Consciousness, mental, vital and physical, as well as spiritual and supernal; hence the All in All. Thus we may say that everything is a Thought in the Mind and that the whole of creation transpires in the Mind - we live and move and have our being in Mind (God).

Indeed! Our lives flow forth from the Mind and we are quantum manifestations of Mind, having the full presence and power of Mind in us - the Force of the Mind being that which we call the Holy Spirit. Though in the dualistic condition we might be inclined to project responsability for ourselves and our lives upon the circumstances, situations and events that transpire outwardly, as though dominated by some kind of "fate," or else we might project responsablity upon the concept of "God" external and apart from ourselves, in truth, it is our own thoughts in Mind that determine the reality of our experience. When we seemingly get stuck in certain patterns it is only because we are living in reaction rather than consciously responding and that we tend to limit our vision of possibilities. You see, we are not seperate from this universe or reality of our experience, but rather we are intimately interconnected and interdependent - we are all part of this great weave and we are all the weaver, the Mind.

We may marvel at the wonder-working performed by Master Yeshua. Many believe it was all about him proving that he alone was the son of God. Yet the message is far more profound - the message is all about the Power of the Mind and what becomes possible when we awaken and recognize the Power of the Mind, and learn how to focus and consciously direct this great Creative Power. Truly, anything becomes possible!

Frequently, after healing a person, Yeshua would say to the person, "Your faith has healed you." Isn't the faith that heals or performs wonders the Power of Mind? It seems as much as faith in Yeshua, we must have faith in ourselves; as much as faith in God transcendent, we must have faith in God immanent - we must become aware of the Real Power of Mind and seek to master the Mind.

This may reflect why self-knowledge is praised in the Gospel of St. Thomas and why it is central to Gnosticism. After all, to truly know oneself is to know the One.

A stream of thoughts in contemplation...

Blessings & shalom! :)
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Rebekah

#2 Postby Rebekah » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:57 pm

Shalom Malachi!

Having gnosis of the Mind, the All in All, Yeshua performed many miracles. By his demonstration of the Power of the Mind, we are learning to focus and direct this power. Yet while we are all quantum manifestations of the One, constantly creating through the Power of the Mind, certainly not all are learning to focus and direct this power. While it would seem that the Power of the Mind focused and directed by one is more powerful than the unfocused, undirected power of many, I'm curious about this interplay.

It brings to mind Matthew 13:57-58 And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household." And he did not do many mighty works there, because of their unbelief.

Could you shed some light on this?

Blessings,
Rebekah
Sophia Fellowship
O.S.G.

reddesert

#3 Postby reddesert » Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:49 pm

Shalom Tau Malachi:

Your message alights in me and causes me to reflect upon what I know is the divine begotten, Light upon Light. We are co-creators along with the One that exists beyond time and space and this elevates and blesses us. My heart leaps with joy and freedom because your letter is both an annunciation of this non-dualistic and purposely perfect entwinement with the One Light, Holy One. Simultaneously and marvelously it contains an invitation to the elect, to race with the wind across the landscape of the collective Mind.

(Pardon me why I catch my breath and shake nebula dust from my sandals.)

Faith. Not lost within all of this is Faith. Might you be suggesting that Faith can be an action verb? We act in, with, and of faith, when we join the collective consciousness-Force with full awareness as light bearers. This consciousness as you explain; is more than human cognition, because the consciousness-Force of the One Being is All in All. [that is a lot to fathom] We limit ourselves if we merely think of All Consciousness as the thought generated by our subjective thinking, rather than Thought in the One Mind.

We live quite small, do we not? Failing to live in fullness with God as both the creator (transcendent and beyond our full comprehension) and immanent (wholly and Holy resident within the creation - us). [Another deep contemplation.]

I wonder if each time that Yeshua proclaims “your faith has healed you”, if he may be telling us that it is through our co-operation with the Holy Spirit that the healing (or unification) becomes fulfilled because we have embraced that we are God manifest.

Let me also offer my not fully developed reflection about living with the expansive Power of the Mind. I have been visiting The Gospel of Phillip and it contains a passage that seems to provide a bridge for me concerning your exploration of the power of mind and our understanding of faith.

Phillip writes:

“Faith receives, love gives. No one will be able to receive without faith. No one will be able to give without love. Because of this, in order that we may indeed receive, we believe, and in order that we may love, we give, since if one gives without love, he has no profit from what he has given. He who has received something other than the Lord is still a Hebrew.”

I offer my thoughts: We are here to gather up, to re-member ourselves in unity before we were here. Not only must we remember, we must stand and walk as children of our Father, the Light, and God. Perhaps, this faith of our holy being with God is our knowledge. When we reach in, we reach out and the secret knowledge cannot be contained. The fountain (Faith) flows abundantly and spills into an emptiness that is expansive. Faith explodes a rainbow of what we understand as Love. I understand it as Love because it is this humanness that translates the Faith outward and inward as Love.
For what can I do with Faith alone? Merely as an abstract understanding that there is God, and it is a start. But when we have Faith in God immanent, the earth and the heavens rejoice. We assume our destiny. We break the limits, we rip off the habits, and we join in creation. Talk about Creative Power! This has meaning for me because faith of our Father becomes love of our brothers and sisters. Perhaps it is when we act through Faith and in Love that we no longer live small; as you said: “we live and move and have our being in Mind (God)".

For so many reasons,
for many yearnings,
and even greater for the dreams that were not dreams at all.

Blessings
& Respectfully submitted :

Rose
8-29-2004

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The Power

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:05 am

Hello Everyone!

The Force of Mind is present in everyone, whether conscious or unconscious it is essentially the same. Every person is manifesting themselves and their lives by the Force of Mind, and everyone is affecting their environment and others by the Force of Mind - All is Mind. However, when individuals are unaware of the Force of Mind, the Light-power in them, and this great power is manifest unconsciously, what is manifest follows the habitual patterns of thought and emotion of the past; hence karmic conditioning. What is the power of the Great Beast in the Apocalypse but this Force in the collective consciousness bound to the past and resisting the quantum leap of conscious evolution?

There is a great power in each and every individual, but an even greater power in groups of individuals laboring together with one mind and heart, knit together in the bonds of love. We can merely imagine the power of twelve true adepts focusing the Force of Mind together in harmony, let alone a larger group of Christed individuals - amazing wonder-working would be possible!

The question is: How to direct this Force to get out of the box/matrix, out of the dominion of the law/demiurge? Faith is that in us which inuits greater possibilities, hope is that which actively aspires towards them and love is the fruition of our aspiration - the realization of Sacred Unity and actualization of that power fully in us. This, of course, brings gnosis, understanding and wisdom, and the breakthrough to supernal or Messianic consciousness.

Indeed! Faith is an action word, a verb, in that it is an active power through which we align ourselves completely with the Anointed and Holy Spirit. We can rightly say that faith is the beginning of everything, just as True Gnosis is the fruition of all things - one can't help but recall what Kabbalah says: The end is in the beginning! This, of course, is also said in the Gnostic Gospel of St. Thomas.

You see, it is not that we become something we are not already, but rather that we realize and actualize that which we most truly are, here and now. It is not that we will become quantum gods and goddesses, or sons and daughters of God, but that we presently are quantum manifestations of the One. This is why Kabbalah teaches us that the completion and perfection of creation will come through human beings - because we are co-creators with God, we merely need to generate the presence of awareness necessary to recognize and realize the Truth and Light within us.

In this process, obviously, there is a difference between potential and actual, and there is a divine labor to be performed - work to be done. That is why we are here, for this Great Work. Yet, to access and actualize our potential, first we must have faith in this divine potential (Christ in us). This to Gnostics is what faith in Yeshua Messiah and Kallah Messiah means - faith in our Light-indweller, which Yeshua and Mary Magdalene reveal to us, along with the apostles who have lived in every generation since.

Indeed! We must learn to live large and dream big, and dare to expand our expression of the Mind into Mochin Gadlut, the Big Mind or Mind of Christ. Obviously by this we do not mean clinging on to the ego, but rather a process of transcending the ego to be and become the person of Light ("become" in the sense of recognition and realization).

Speaking of living large and big dreams - in terms of the Second Coming and what shall come to pass, we must learn to raise our expectations and to expect something wonderful! Right now there is an advent of a New Consciousness underway, and rather than the doom and gloom ideas of fundamentalism we need to envision something more wonderful and luminous, and take action to manifest it in our own lives. After all, God does not judge us and there is no judgment apart from our creating one in the Mind! How odd that the word Apocalypse, which means Revelation, should have come to mean judgment or something so negative as it connotes in modern language. This perversion must be recognized as from the demiurge (cosmic ignorance) and not be accepted as true! We need to dream big for ourselves and for all humanity - is that not the meaning of true spiritual hope? Is that not active love and compassion?

So no one is out of the loop here, it is only than many remain completely unconsciousness and their greater potential has not yet been actualized. For our part, however, it seems important that we envision this actualization and realization in everyone, as well as for for ourselves. This is what it means that the spiritual or elect are to labor for the sake of the psychic or faithful, ever seeking to uplift them.

Ah the delights of love, indeed! :D

Blessings & shalom! 8)
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Gnosis and Gnosticism”