Second coming of Christ in Glory

Moderator: Brother Christopher

Joyce

Second coming of Christ in Glory

#1 Postby Joyce » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Greetings in the Light of the Messiah!

Contemplating what has been written about co laboring with Christ and the Holy Spirit and the alleviation of suffering I am reminded of what was said in a recent post from Tau Malachi on Facebook:
[The Second Coming of Christ in Glory is the restoration of the direct experience of Christ and the Holy Spirit, but it is more than a restoration, it is a progression, for with the Second Coming there is a greater outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Thus, in the Second Coming there is a new revelation of Christ, a new Gospel, and there is a greater embodiment of the Christ Spirit – a greater spiritual illumination.
I find this fascinating for this seems that there is greater potential for releaving suffering. I would like further comment on the new revelation, and new Gospel of Christ.
Blessings,
Joyce

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

A few starting thoughts...

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Greetings and blessings in the light of the Messiah!

When we speak in Sophian teachings of the advent of a new and higher consciousness beyond the mental consciousness, the Supernal or Messianic Consciousness, we are speaking of the Second Coming of Christ in our experience. The first to experience the full Supernal Influx in our lineage was Tau Miriam, and it has continued with the Sacred Tau after her, now for three generations of Sacred Tau. The very nature of the breakthrough to Supernal Consciousness is a most intimate experience and knowledge of the Risen Messiah, the Living Christ, and a full reception of the Christ Spirit, in essence a full unification with the Christ Spirit, or the Light-presence and Light-power.

The Second Coming of Christ, however, did not begin in the world with Tau Miriam, though she was joined with the matrix of realized souls, living tzaddikim, through whom it was transpiring; the beginning, however, is very early in the 17th Century, and we mark the beginning by the appearance of the Mother God to an Aztec man, and appearance joining the Virgin Mother of Christianity with the Mother God of Aztecs, and the prophecy of the “Age of Flowering,” or what we would call the Second Coming of Christ in Glory. If we look into this event, shortly thereafter a revolutionary movement of reform and revival lights off in Christianity, with the emergence of many deeper spiritual and mystical currents, as well as many that were more fundamentalist in nature, along with the “Rosicrucian Enlightenment” in Europe. This “flowering” was not isolate to the Christian stream, however, but, for example, in this same period the Jewish Hassidic Movement comes into being, among others in various wisdom traditions. Interestingly enough, according to the oral tradition the first appearance of our own lineage and tradition happens in this period with Tau Daniel.

The greater outpouring of the Holy Spirit is not only witnessed by radical shifts in religion and spirituality, however, but so also in the radical leaps of psychic and material developments throughout humankind; at no time in history has such radical progress occurred in all areas of human endeavor and study than in the past several hundred years or so – clearly, there has been an influx of Fiery Intelligence, an acceleration of consciousness within humanity!

In terms of our own lineage and tradition, while there was a spiritual light transmission within it before the time of Tau Miriam, along with profound teachings of a Christian Kabbalah and the Magdalene, it is as though the two generations before Tau Miriam were a time of “waiting upon the Spirit of Yahweh,” or Supernal Influx, and was a time of the generation of a lineage and community to be a holy vessel of reception. The very nature of the Supernal Influx is that it is not an individual alone who receives it, but an entire matrix of individuals, a community, each individual receiving according to their desire and capacity to receive. Thus, in order to invoke this Supernal Influx there needed to be a spiritual labor for the generation of lineage and community, the vessel of reception.

When Tau Miriam received the Christ Spirit, the Supernal Influx, in full however, and it rayed out to her companions, she set about transforming the teachings and practices of the tradition to express and facilitate the Supernal Realization, and in so doing she began to preach the “Gospel of the Second Coming of Christ in Glory,” essentially teaching new revelations of Christ and Sophia. On the one hand, there is a very different knowledge and understanding of the Holy Scriptures that comes with the full reception of the Christ Spirit, or Supernal Influx, but on the other hand, at the same time, there is an entirely new Gospel, and even greater revelation of Christ. These two streams of knowledge, wisdom and understanding, of course, are woven together, and we may say that the entire body of teachings and practices of the Sophian Gnostic Tradition, or our Christian Kabbalah, is the Gospel of Christ in the Second Coming that we have received.

The nature of the Second Coming, though, is not something fixed or static, but rather it is an ongoing event; it is a perpetual revelation of a Living Presence and Power among us.

The Holy Scriptures are inspired by the Word of God, but the Word of God transcends the Scriptures – with the Second Coming direct experience of the Living Word is restored, and therefore the revelation of a new Gospel is constantly ongoing; we are not bound to teachings of the past, but there are constant new revelations and teachings generated, and from one generation to another there is a progression, an evolution, of revelations and teachings. Naturally so, for the very foundation of our lineage is the Light Transmission, the direct experience of the Risen Christ and Holy Spirit; hence, ours is a living, growing lineage and tradition, and the Word of God is continuously being communicated, in spoken word and in written word. In our view, whatever is spoken or written that is inspired by the Word of God today is equally holy as ancient Scriptures, and, in truth, what is spoken or written today may express an even greater revelation of Christ and God, the True Light.

These are a few thoughts I’m inclined to share at the outset of our conversation. The subject of the Second Coming of Christ in Glory is vast, and there is much that can be shared, but before going any further I’m inclined to wait and see where other sisters and brothers might be inclined to take this contemplation and conversation.

In the Name of Adonai Yeshua Messiah may all be blessed this day. Amen.

Peace be with you!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Joyce

reception of the Holy Spirit

#3 Postby Joyce » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Greetings in the Joy of the Messiah!
Indeed there are many beautiful branches to this post. There is much to consider. I was contemplating the mystery of the Wedding Feast in connection with the reception of the Word of God and the Holy Spirit and I wondered about the high state of mind one might be in to receive. Yet there seems to be a balance that one must achieve, for the words"Lo, I come as a thief in the Night" occurred to me. Perhaps I misinterpret, but I take this to mean that the influx of the Spirit comes in an unexpected manner. A sudden occurrence when we least expect it. There seems to be a balance that is maintained with invoking and yet if one is too expectant, one might actually block the reception of the Spirit. Perhaps in the purification, intoning and unification of the wedding feast, we come to this balanced stillness which allows receptivity.

May all be blessed in the reception of the Holy Spirit!
Joyce

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

An Evolving Perfection in Christ

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:29 am

Greetings and blessings in the light of the Messiah!

Yes, truly, the reception of the Holy Spirit, or Supernal Influx, or moments of Light Transmission, are unexpected blessings, gifts of the Holy Mother-Bride; “I come as a thief in the night” is an exact expression of our experience with the Christ Spirit, a sudden awakening so that what was thought to be “day” is recognized as night. From the perspective of the person in this world, this life, there can be no expecting it, for it is beyond our comprehension to conceive or imagine apart from the direct experience, it is too amazing, to incredible, awesome and wonderful. Yet, it must be said that the inner aspects of our soul anticipate the “coming of the Lord” and “wait upon the Lord with eager expectation,” and the truth and reality of the Spirit of Christ is the very nature of the inmost part of our soul; on an inner level, within and behind the outer person of our incarnation, when we enter into incarnation destined to receive the Christ Spirit, the Supernal Influx, there is a longing, a yearning, a seeking with expectation. As to exactly when this destined moment will occur, however, only God knows; for our part we seek until we find, and we wait upon the Spirit of God, we wait upon God’s good grace.

There is something that must be said that is very important, and it reflects the necessity of preaching the Gospel of the Second Coming so that souls may listen and hear, and believe. In just the same way that faith in Adonai Yeshua as the Messiah is essential for the reception of the Messiah and our salvation, so is faith in the Second Coming of Christ in Glory, and faith in the greater outpouring of the Christ Spirit, the greater revelation of the Cosmic Christ. There needs to be faith in the Light-presence (Christ) and Light-power (Holy Spirit) embodied in Tzaddik and Community, and faith in the Light Transmission that flows through the Living Body of Christ in this world; having faith, we need to believe that the direct experience of the Living Christ and Holy Spirit is possible for us, and that through Divine Grace we, too, will receive the Christ Spirit in full. Having faith we need to pray and meditate and seek this full reception, or full anointing, co-laboring with the Mother Spirit in faith, in an active and dynamic self-offering and surrender.

The outward form of the Threefold Rite of Initiation is an invocation, an initial self-offering and opening to the Holy Light from above, and then we labor in the Mother Spirit for our full rebirth in her, seeking the fulfillment of our initiation represented by the inner form of the Threefold Rite, a moment of Light Transmission, a greater reception of the Christ Spirit. Once there is a reception of the Holy Light from above, then the influxes of the Christ Spirit, the Holy Light, will continue and increase, our experience of the Living Christ and Holy Spirit will progress and grow from one fullness to another without end – we will be living in Christ and the Gospel, and so when we depart this world we will be awake, alive, in Christ and the Gospel.

As St. Paul teaches us, however, joined with faith there needs to be hope and love.

On one level, spiritual hope in the Risen Christ is an eager expectation for the fulfillment of God’s promise, that we will experience conscious unification with Christ in God, the True Light; and love implies a passionate desire, longing, yearning for this fulfillment, this reintegration, but free from vital demands, egoistic attachments and aversions – a true abiding in the righteousness of faith and hope.

You are perfectly correct sister, vital demands, or egoistic attachments and aversions, are obstructions to the flow of Divine Grace and prevent this Light Transmission, or if in some way something of the Light Transmission happens, then these things will distort or corrupt our experience of the Holy Light. There is a need for an ongoing self-purification and self-offering, a continued clarification, a growing openness and sensitivity in love and faith; it is through this that the full spectrum of the Light Transmission and most intimate knowledge of the Risen Christ becomes possible.

The most essential key is passionate faith and devotion. Faith and cleaving to the Risen Messiah, faith and cleaving to tzaddik and community as the Living Body of Christ, joined with passionate hitbodedut (secluded prayer) and charismatic worship; joined with this there are good works, acts of loving-kindness and charity. As followers of the Way in the Second Coming, this is the Way.

In the midst of this we strive always for a greater perfection in Christ, a greater embodiment of the Christ Spirit; but this striving, this yearning, needs to be founded upon fullness, not the delusion of lack, or illusion of separation. Already the Christ Spirit is in us, we need only let that Holy Light shine from within us; hence there is a dynamic play of spiritual humility and spiritual self-worth in this labor of conscious evolution in Christ.

Ours is a Union of Grace, and all shall be accomplished by Divine Grace, the Mother Spirit; we need only be open to Divine Grace in faith, hope and love.

Whatever we have received, let us give thanks and praise to God, and celebrate our spiritual illumination in Christ and Sophia, the Messiah and Shekinah of Messiah; joined with this gratitude and appreciation, let us go forth with eyes of awe and wonder, seeking to be and become the evermore we can be in Christ. Believe in your innate perfection in Christ, and believe in a growing, evolving perfection in Christ, and ever-greater perfection or realization in the Risen Christ!

The Holy One is Ain Sof, the Infinite and Eternal, and therefore there is no end to the revelation of the Holy One and no end to the influxes of the Holy Light – this Holy Light of the Messiah is Ain Sof Or, Endless Light. Aware of this truth, always we are open to the greater influxes of the Supernal Light, greater revelations of the Truth and Light of the Messiah.

If anyone says that they have found “the end,” then what they have found is spiritual death; life is growing, moving, evolving, and in Christ there is no end to life – there is Eternal Life!

The misconception that there is some “end” to enlightenment assumes a separation of Being and Becoming, but in true enlightenment there is recognition and realization of Being and Becoming inseparable from one another, or completely interdependent and interconnected – there is an awareness of non-dual truth (Amet).

Here we may say, the god of old time religion, or the demiurge of religion as we have known it, is, indeed, “dead”; in the direct experience of the Living Christ and Holy Spirit, or Light Transmission, religion is seen to be a corpse, and when seen for what it is we will let go of it. If we listen and hear Adonai Yeshua in the First Coming, he denounces religion and teaches a spirituality of direct experience; and so it is in the Second Coming, a spirituality of direct experience is restored, and more than restored, it is progressing, evolving, growing with us.

If in the First Coming the Gospel is called “good news,” in the Second Coming the Holy Gospel can rightly be called “better news!”

We do long, yearn, for a greater and greater revelation of Christ, but we do so in fullness and joy, like little children playing upon the lap of Mother God, or lovers dancing with the Holy Mother-Bride at a wedding feast!

In the Second Coming it is not the cross of wood that is our focus, but rather, the Cross of Light within and beyond it; when Yeshua Messiah instructs us to “take up our cross and follow him,” it is this True Cross we are called to bear, we are called as Light-bearers.

In this, perhaps, we may contemplate what is said in our ceremony of the wedding feast for Shabbat in the offering of the bread and wine: “I am the Human Being of Light, this is my Body and my Blood, my Body is Light and my Blood is Fire; take and eat, take and drink, and you will be as I Am.” If we look into teachings on this sacred ceremony, the ceremony itself is a teaching of the Gospel of the Second Coming, the essential points of the Holy Gospel are expressed within it, and the very nature of the wedding feast is a vehicle of Light Transmission and Union.

When we eat and drink the bread and wine it is a holy remembrance of our innate perfection and union with Christ in God, the True Light; the remembrance of our true being as the Human One of Light, Christ.

It is to invoke this holy remembrance that Christ has come and is coming, and we may say that Christ is this holy remembrance – Christ becoming embodied in the Adonai Yeshua and the Magdalene, and in us.

These are some thoughts the Mother Spirit would have me share today.

O Adonai, Elohim, we pray for the full reception of the Holy Bride, the full revelation of God the Mother among us; and so we pray for the raying out of the Light of the True Cross to all living spirits and souls. Amen.

Peace be with you!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Joyce

Wedding feast of union and ascension

#5 Postby Joyce » Thu May 03, 2012 10:18 am

Greetings in the Light of the Messiah!

Thank you so much for your posts. They have helped me in response to an urge towards deepening the practice of Light. You said:

The Second Coming of Christ in Glory is the restoration of the direct experience of Christ and the Holy Spirit, but it is more than a restoration, it is a progression, for with the Second Coming there is a greater outpouring of the Holy Spirit. Thus, in the Second Coming there is a new revelation of Christ, a new Gospel, and there is a greater embodiment of the Christ Spirit – a greater spiritual illumination.

In this I hear "Behold, I make all things new." It is interesting to see a bit of the history of this Transmission in various parts of the world in the 17th century and to know all the changes on all levels that occurred. Similarly, it is interesting to see what is transpiring today. It occurs to me that the Gospel may also be spoken without words even in the raying out from what has been received in the various feasts and particularly this great act of unification in the Wedding Feast in which we are made new, masculine giving and feminine receiving are joined. and all things are transformed.

You said:
vital demands, or egoistic attachments and aversions, are obstructions to the flow of Divine Grace and prevent this Light Transmission, or if in some way something of the Light Transmission happens, then these things will distort or corrupt our experience of the Holy Light.
I wondered what is meant by vital demands?

I came upon this very important post:
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:58 pm Post subject: Gnostic Wedding Feast: The Holy Eucharist
http://sophian.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ight=#1604

In it I see that this feast is the cornerstone of the Great work linking us with the Holy Spirit, and establishing us in the Resurrection and Ascension as conscious agents of the Second Coming. The Interior and Gnostic Church is present whenever there is awareness of the Holy Shekinah.
This is an act of creation bringing together both Genesis and the Revelation in the here and now unifying the opposing elements which make up our being.The masculine and feminine elements joined in the olamots, also, the masculine represented by the Way of the Priest, being joined to the Way of the Prophet is a great mystery.
We see the union of time-eternity and timeless-eternity, the union of Being and Becoming unifying in the Middle Pillar, which must be the realization a realization of "I am". There is the unification of Giving and Receiving, Logos and Sophia, fire and light all in divine love. There is much to be drawn out.

In awe and thankfulness,
Joyce

PaulKruse

#6 Postby PaulKruse » Thu May 03, 2012 12:41 pm

What a blessing and a joy to be able to read a discussion like this.

I am reminded of my conversation with Sister Anna yesterday, in which I came to say, “The only reason that I don’t progress faster is that I’m still too attached to myself.” And so I’m reminded of that again in this reading.

I came from many years in fundamentalist orthodoxy, so I’m still wrapping my mind around this understanding.

sheryl
Site Admin

Vital Demands

#7 Postby sheryl » Wed May 09, 2012 10:05 am

Shalom Brothers and Sisters!

Thanks be to the Mother Spirit who gifts us with this understanding of the Second Coming!

In considering the obstacles to the flow of Divine Grace and Light Transmission, Tau Malachi shared in his post:

On one level, spiritual hope in the Risen Christ is an eager expectation for the fulfillment of God’s promise, that we will experience conscious unification with Christ in God, the True Light; and love implies a passionate desire, longing, yearning for this fulfillment, this reintegration, but free from vital demands, egoistic attachments and aversions – a true abiding in the righteousness of faith and hope.

Our vital body is also known as our emotional or feeling body. And so vital demands are what arises in our feeling body based on our attachments and aversions - this grasping at self that emanates as desire for self alone and aversion. We might experience this as fear and anxiety - both fear of getting and fear of not getting for oneself.

I find that when vital demands move through the body, we want and we don't want at the same time! These sorts of energies keep us from simply abiding, from connecting with Being - the state in which Divine Grace and Light Transmission can move. Self grasping is a good picture, for in such states we will find the feeling body trying to grab at and hold onto shadows, for this self, or this false identity which we are grasping at, does not substantially exist.

It takes awareness to see this grasping-at-shadows self, which will come as we develop the ability to enter states of abiding in our daily practicing.

Also, there is a recent post by Elder Gideon detailing the kavvanot for the Wedding Feast - points of focus that we abide in during the ritual. His post can be found following the full Wedding Feast ritual posted by Malachi at this link.

May our obstructions to the flow of Divine Grace be revealed and shattered, according to the Wisdom and Love of El.

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Adding...

#8 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed May 09, 2012 12:24 pm

Greetings!

I might add that we also have a discussion of the Wedding Feast and Second Coming ongoing in the "Gnostic Path: The Spiritual Life and Practice" forum; in fact, I just added a post to that discussion this afternoon concerning this sacred ceremony as an expression of the Gospel of the Second Coming.

Shalom,
Malachi

Return to “Gnosis and Gnosticism”