Living Body

Moderator: Brother Christopher

gregor

Living Body

#1 Postby gregor » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:42 pm

In Tau Malachi's writings I often find the word 'Living Body of Christ'. I am interested more in the meaning of this word. When I am reflecting on it - it means to me interconnectedness of all people who are connected with the Christ spirit. Is this also some kind of collective energy field which is created through spiritual community? How to become part of Living Body?

Shalom,
Gregor

malochim

#2 Postby malochim » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:30 am

Shalom Gregor,

The term Living is used through out the bible to connote something that is in contact with the Source. For instance Living water is water that is connected to a source of fresh water, it is constantly refreshed and can be used in ritual etc. If the water is not living the flow of fresh water will stop and the water will become putrid and undrinkable and unfit for sacred cermony. My interpretation of the Living father and the Living Christ, is that it refers to the Light Continuum (Yahweh) and the Risen Christ. The Living Body of Christ would then be the faithful and elect and the members of the interior and secret church. Those individuals who have integrated something of the upper Ruach and the Neshamah in this incarnation, being in contact with the indwelling Christ and beyond. As such they become part of the Living Body of Christ, brothers and sisters in Christ. I'm reminded of the following passage:

"While he was still speaking to the crowds, his mother and his brothers were standing outside, wanting to speak to him. Someone told him, ‘Look, your mother and your brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.’ But to the one who had told him this, Jesus replied, ‘Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?’ And pointing to his disciples, he said, ‘Here are my mother and my brothers! For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.’" (Matthew 12:47-50)

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned." - (John 15:1-6)

I would also recommend that you read the following topic:

http://www.sophian.org/forum/viewtopic. ... fc9a277d31

Blessings,
Jonas
”Only love has meaning, it raises the smallest action into infinity.” , Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Anna

#3 Postby Anna » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:08 am

Blessings and grace in the Light of the Living Messiah!

Ah, lovely contemplation here, brothers! It comes to mind that there is an energetic body that forms around any gathering as the combination of energies brought by each person. In a body moving in the Christ Spirit, connected to the Source, these energies nurture all participants and also ray out for all beings. As we gather in a group we are anchoring light.

This is why it is important to be mindful of the energies we bring to our gatherings, why we want to come "walking in beauty and holiness" to such gatherings, with open heart and belly. We come walking in sensitivity to each other's needs and the needs of all beings, in full knowledge that whatever transpires, whatever energy is anchored, rays out to all. It is quite the adventure to grow in a group devoted to each other's growth in Christ, coming together to serve each other as midwives to the Christ Spirit within each of us!

In this age of technology and this time of the opening of Sophian teachings to all the world, we are presented with some wild options for gathering in the Living Body. We have groups that meet in person, and groups that meet by chat and skype! How wild! So, the energies in these last two groups is gathered and focused visually or aurally.

With skype groups there is the gathering through voice, which brings to mind part of the vision of Melchizedek: the arising of sound vibration in purity. Here we are given a beautiful opportunity to come together and contribute energy through this means, our voice both individual and collective. In this moment I'm hearing the use of sound, our combined voices, and silence, pauses in speech that open us to Mother's insights and each other's voice, as a larger wave to invite the Light from above, anchor and ray it out. What an intriguing contemplation!

Each gathering is part of a larger body that is gathering in continuum, as rainbow waves of light coming together and raying out. So there is this weave of communities in the Christ Spirit contributing to this Greater Living Body. I would enjoy hearing what insights of Living Body are arising for others at this time.

May the Light of the Living Yeshua shine within and ray out for all!
Shalom!
Anna

Brooke

#4 Postby Brooke » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:35 am

Shalom!

Sister Anna, I'm inspired by your comment that "Each gathering is part of a larger body that is gathering in continuum, as rainbow waves of light coming together and raying out. So there is this weave of communities in the Christ Spirit contributing to this Greater Living Body."

Those attending last week's Skype session were reminded of precisely this "raying out" to a beautiful fruition -- or beginning, really -- at the end of the Wedding Feast. We actualize our potential best as we work and move together within the Body of Christ. It's like we're "super-charged" by the sacred discourse and discussion in these gatherings -- in circle meetings (in person), in Skype, in chat. This refuels us for the Great Work ahead and reminds us that the journey is about us working together as a collective to ray out these purified, blessed energies for All sentient beings.

When we contemplate the circles around the world, as well as the ways we come together in chat and on Skype, we contemplate the Body of Christ moving together with one heart and one mind in the great matrix. This is why positive, holy energies are so crucial for such gatherings.

Praise God for giving us so many opportunities and avenues to come together in order to Uplift !

Brooke

Anna

Community Practice

#5 Postby Anna » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:02 pm

Shabbat Shalom!

What a time we are in, and such a great time for moving in a variety of practices, both communal and individual!

In contemplating development of community and the Living Body, what is arising is the notion that moving in community is also a type of practice. Like our individual practices we experiment and move in a continuum, growing in wisdom, understanding and knowledge of the mysteries of the Living Body, maturing in the Christ Spirit. While we can experience some struggle, ebbs and flows, we learn to walk in faith and trust. We learn to relax into the process, making the path the goal, and embodying the blessings we receive together.

At some point in our practices, the Spirit begins to take us up and we experience new levels of progress on the path, perhaps even communal experiences of Lightning Bolt Illumination! It seems that our company expands on the dis-incarnate level, too, which can prove rather surprising at times!

We are on quite an adventure together, all in the beautiful lap of Our Mother. Halelu-Imma Gadol!

May we dance in the Sacred Heart, Sacred Circle together!
Shalom!
Anna

gregor

#6 Postby gregor » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:35 pm

Thanks for your responses. Some thoughts that arise: Every gathering of people creates some kind of energy field of the whole group. Probably the nature of the group determines also with which kind of forces it connects. So some groups connect with more divine forces and some with almost opposite. So when a spiritual community develops it probably evokes the spiritual forces that are connected to the energy of the whole group. So there probably must be labour of the group so that it becomes part of the Living Body and that it reaches to the world of supernal light. My question is - is the Living Body something that was in existence from the time of Jeshua on - or even before? Or is it something that it is created a new each time and is only reflecting the attainment of certain spiritual tradition - such as Sophian? Is the Living Body some kind of universal life field which is connecting all spiritual traditions or only the Christian stream? Is baptism necessary to become part of the Living Body, or we can participate in it even before - if our eyes and hearts are turned toward the Supernal Light?

Shalom,
Gregor

Martina

#7 Postby Martina » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:36 am

Greetings and blessings in the light of the Holy One!

These are very interesting questions, Gregor. We often speak of the community of Israel and this refers to those who are connected to the source beginning with Abraham and Sarah, the first patriarch and matriarch until today. The Living Body of Christ is connected to the true apostolic succession. Between the prophets of the old testament and God there was still a subtle division. Lord Yeshua completely united with God. He often spoke about doing what he sees his father (Abba, God) do. From his attainment a succession of true apostles flowed forth. Mary Magdalene was the first and inmost apostle of the Lord and the Sophian Tradition is said to come from her knowledge and understanding. True apostles are those that are seeking gnosis in faith and seek to embody their gnosis or knowledge. They form the Living Body of Christ.

This is something that is also true of other spiritual traditions like the Buddhist tradition.

If we open to the light we can become part of the Living Body of Christ. The outer baptism reflects this inner baptism and can help initiate it. It is talismanic. There even is a practice of self initiation on the Sophian forum. You can find it here

http://www.sophian.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=728

I think you made a very important point in saying that there must be a labor of everyone in a spiritual community to uplift the energies of the group. We are members of the Living Body of Christ from the beginning, but what can be shared in a community depends on how much light we can receive and how far our capacity has grown. Part of it is our labor and surrender, but there is also Grace that takes us up.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Shabbat Shalom,
Martina
Martina

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Initiation & the Living Body

#8 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:33 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

The mystery of the Living Body of Christ runs very deep, and as with all spiritual mysteries it is endless, an infinite depth; whatever might be said of it, and whatever has been manifest, there is always more that can be said, more that can be actualized and realized, and so manifest. Often we want to “boil down” spiritual mysteries to some simplicity we can possess, but true spiritual mysteries are multi-layered, multi-dimensional, and are not so simplistic; they are in truth, quite complex, and as such, they require a higher, more expanded consciousness, and greater intelligence, to understand – hence, they are revealed by the Holy Spirit, the Fiery Intelligence of God (Ruach Elohim).

There must be a manifestation of the Living Body before Adonai Yeshua, and so also with him, and after him; and if a Living Body (Hayyah Guph), as “living” implies there must be movement, growth and maturation, ongoing development and evolution, for such is “life.” If and when this ceases, this is called “death,” or a “dead body,” a “corpse.” Here I shall say, life is in heaven, and death is in hell. In this regard, consider religion, and especially fundamentalism, “orthodoxy,” that is so resistant to change, growth and evolution, resistant to new teaching and new revelation, or new discovery; it is “dead,” and as one man said, It’s “God is dead!” This is true. If, though, there is ongoing revelation, and new teaching, if there is movement, change, growth and evolution towards a greater maturation, a greater realization and embodiment, this is a different matter, it is not dead, but “living,” and so the Spirit of the Living God (Hayyim Elohim) is in it, and it is the manifestation of a Living Presence and Living Power – so it is a Living Body.

If we consider Enoch, Moses and Elijah, each of whom are said to be taken up in ascension by God through one means or another, and something similar is said concerning the soul of the prophet Miriam, there is clearly something of the manifestation of this Living Body before the appearance of the Messiah; likewise, the assembly of prophets (navim) manifest something of this Living Body, and we may say the true Community of Israel, tzaddikim of every generation, manifested something of this Living Body before the coming of the Messiah. The manifestation of this Living Body is of one grade before the coming of the Messiah, however, and is of an entirely different grade after the coming of the Messiah; this again is true from the First Coming to the Second Coming, for the Second Coming represents another radical evolution of the Living Body.

This Living Body, in truth, corresponds with the realization and embodiment of a universal and primordial Order – universal and primordial truth, or enlightenment, and as such, this Living Body transcends the Judaic stream and Christian stream of Light Transmission, and has many different manifestations. As an example, while we may speak of the “Living Body of Christ, “we may also speak of the Living Body of Buddha, though understanding the truth of the Primordial and Universal Christ (Divine, or Enlightened Being), we are speaking of One Living Body, regardless of name, form and appearance – the Body of Enlightenment, or the Great Ascension. Wherever there is a realized individual (a living tzaddik) and community, so this Living Body is manifest; whenever one embodies this Light-presence and Light-power, this “Christ-Spirit,” so it rays out to others, and others receive this Holy Light, and are taken up by this Holy Spirit. Often this happens in the physical presence of a living tzaddik, but if and when there is a strong heart connection, and so true faith and love, it may also happen at a distance through contact in inner dimensions, or dream and vision. It is all about an energetic transmission, Light Transmission, which facilitates the Gnostic experience, the Enlightenment experience – the reception of the Spirit of Truth that reveals all mysteries.

Essentially, through the experience of Light Transmission consciousness expands and a greater intelligence dawns, and consciousness opens to new dimensions, inner or metaphysical dimensions, and there is direct spiritual and mystical experience of Christ and God, and therefore, there is not only faith, but gnosis, and this gnosis transforms consciousness, our person and life, and generates the Sacred Heart, love and compassion. The fruition of this Gnostic experience is an experience of conscious union with Christ and God, and so full embodiment of the Christ-Spirit.

The outer form of the Threefold Rite of Initiation can be a vehicle of this Light Transmission, but it is the inner form of the Threefold Rite that is essential, and that is true Initiation; hence, the communication of the “mystic word,” “radiant holy breath” and “laying on of hands” – in a word, Light Transmission, or the communication of the Christ-Spirit. Basically speaking, the outer forum of the rite means nothing apart from the inner form, and likewise, the inner form means little if we do not take up the Life Divine and labor for the full embodiment of the Christ-Spirit, the Supernal Light; if we receive the Light Transmission, we will likely be driven to seek the outer form as a holy seal and completion of the movement, laboring for full embodiment, and likewise seek further engagements of Light Transmission with a living tzaddik and in community. If that is not possible, however, we will labor with the Holy Light we have received, laboring to progress in the Gospel, cooperating with Divine Grace to bring our self-realization in Christ to its fruition.

In that we have new tools of communication, phones, internet, and so on, although we may live at a distance, we can be in community; and so there is a vehicle and support for Light Transmission at a distance. If at a distance, a person must simply have a strong heart connection, and true faith and devotion, and cultivate their sacred friendship, and so Light Transmission becomes possible. I’ve watched this happen with many aspirants over the years.

Elsewhere I’ve taught the “Six Essentials” – if they are attended to by an individual practitioner who lives at a distance from physical community, and the individual participates in online community, the Holy Spirit will move, and something of the Light Transmission will transpire in their experience; hence, something of the Gnostic experience will arise for them.

We must learn how to wait upon the Spirit of the Lord (Yahweh), however, and learn to live within, open to the Holy Light from above; hence, waiting on the Holy Spirit in faith, never doubting we will receive the Spirit, but knowing it will happen all in Mother’s good time.

The Light-presence and Light-power is embodied among us, and there is a greater outpouring of the Holy Spirit in our times; more and more centers of this Divine Action are appearing, and the Holy Spirit, the Holy Light, is raying out and moving among us in powerful ways. If anyone opens to the Holy Spirit, the Holy Light, in full faith, and in love, so they will receive, and receiving they will be joined to the Living Body. Truly, our God is a Living God, and so we experience a Living Presence and Power that indwells us, and moves with, in and through us; this is the manifestation of the Living Body of Christ.

The more we are aware of this, the more we have direct experience of this, the deeper our communion in the Living Body. As perhaps you might imagine, a greater awareness of this, a greater experience of this, is always possible; hence, an ever deeper communion with the Living Presence of Christ and God, the True Light.

These were a few thoughts about the Living Body I was inclined to share today; and now it is time to pause and recline with the Queen of Shabbat.

Shabbat Shalom, Yahweh Shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Gnosis and Gnosticism”