So, I had an odd experience.

Moderator: Brother Christopher

Heavymetalgamer

So, I had an odd experience.

#1 Postby Heavymetalgamer » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:23 pm

Greetings and Shalom.

So while I was done reading some Gnostic scriptures, I was contemplating on what I had just read, I closed my eyes, got in a meditative state and just tried to clear my mind. All of a sudden I heard a...voice, I guess. It sounded so quiet, but I knew it was a voice, it made me actually open my eyes and look around the room to see if anything was there with me but there wasn't but me and my dog.

But the voice, even though it was quiet, it was distinct, I can't remember, but I think it sounded both male and female, my mind was thinking about the scriptures, so I could be looking too much into this, and that's what I thought too, but the voice said "know thyself". And that can be found in the Secret Book of James, I wonder if I should be pondering on what this could mean, maybe I'm looking too much into it, who knows. Any thoughts on what I had just experience, or am I, like I said, thinking too much into it? Would love to hear responses.

Brother Brian

Re: So, I had an odd experience.

#2 Postby Brother Brian » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:14 pm

Shalom Heavymetalgamer!

I just cant stop thinking of how beautiful of an experience you had. These simple things of getting alone and just being are hard for us as human beings! It sounds like to me you are walking upon the path! Simply beautiful dear brother! All I can think of is keep on getting alone with Mother Spirit and just listen to her voice! Make time for her brother!

Shalom
Brother Brian

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: So, I had an odd experience.

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:03 pm

Shalom,

If we do not have self-knowledge, how can we propose to have knowledge of our source, God? From a Gnostic perspective, to acquire knowledge of God, we need to meditate, and seek self-knowledge, understanding that in the inmost part of our soul we are inseparable from Christ and God, the True Light.

As an example, in speaking about Ain, Ain Sof and Ain Sof Or as the nature of the Divine and nature of our mind, consciousness or soul, in "Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ" I've pointed out how we can recognize these three qualities of our divine or enlightened nature through contemplation and meditation; this corresponds with knowledge of the self, as well as knowledge of God.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Gnosis and Gnosticism”