Incarnation

Moderator: Brother Christopher

Yonah

Incarnation

#1 Postby Yonah » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:10 pm

Greetings & Blessings in the Name of Yeshua Messiah!

Over the last few weeks there have been several occasions where the importance of incarnation has come up.
The first experience was someone in correspondence wrote that they are “ready to get out of here” in relation to the world. I explained to the person how it’s never about “getting out of here”. Incarnation is where we do our work toward enlightenment and liberation. It is during our incarnations that we first become individuals and then work through the breaking of klippot and eventually conscious unification. It is then important to understand that no enlightened being would ever want to depart until they could take all other beings with them. The process of coming into being necessitates that one cultivates love and compassion. Doing so begins to open one up to the innate unity of all. This means that abandoning all others for one’s own benefit would be an abomination.

The second time that embodiment came up, was in my recent Zohar study in Be-Reshit. In this section there is a discussion of the creation of a certain type of demon called the Shedim. The passage describes that souls that were intended to be incarnated as human were created on the first Shabbat Eve. When the Shabbat began bodies could not be created for these souls so they were deficient. After the Shabbat is over the Shedim erupt from where they are held in the abyss roaming in every direction. What is fascinating about these beings is that they were created to be human souls, but without incarnation they were deficient. This points to the idea that without an incarnation, these souls had no process for shedding their klippot and coming into realization. This shows exactly why we need incarnation and the chance to evolve spiritually.

The third discussion was on Interior Stars. During the discussion, the initiate I was talking to came to the realization that the energy of the Sefirot are embodied in our physical body through Interior Stars. Part of our work during incarnations is to balance the stars and tie them all to the heart (bringing us into a place of unity and loving kindness). This is also something that cannot be done outside of incarnation.

I wanted to share this and see where the discussion leads since it is something that has come up several times in the last few weeks and seemed to be what is happening!

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Incarnation

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:41 am

Greetings and blessings in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

The passage of the Zohar that you mention that teaches about disembodied spirits that become demons, perhaps they would have become human, perhaps another life form, but what is most significant in this passage is the teaching that they are neither complete below or above, in the material world or spiritual world, and therefore are caught perpetually in between, in the midst, unable to ascend into the heavens. Thus, they are in great bondage, something like a continual purgatory, and are tormented spirits, fierce and angry spirits like hungry ghosts. According to the tradition these fierce spirits are part of the shedim ruled by Ashmodai, the order of demons or wrathful spirits subjugated by King Solomon to help with the building of the first temple. These, of course, are distinct from the “angels” of Satan, which are more typically what is thought of as arch demons and demons, the great powers of evil in the universe and world.

Essentially, not having bodies, not being able to incarnate, these spirits are incomplete, and in this we learn that spirits and souls need to incarnate and need physical bodies to become actualized and realized, complete on earth and in heaven. Thus, until a soul is realized and fully embodied, and so transcends the need for physical incarnation to continue its evolution, there is a need for incarnation and it is a blessing.

Souls incarnate to acquire knowledge, to learn and grow, or evolve, and likewise they incarnate to love others, and to uplift humanity and complete God’s creation; the nature of this love is the desire for a self-offering, to serve others and uplift others in return to God, or enlightenment, and when a soul becomes realized and embodied in full this holy desire, this love and compassion is innate – the desire for the enlightenment and liberation of all. If and when a soul is realized, enlightened, unified with God, quite naturally they will uplift many others in return to God, and they will no longer desire salvation for themselves alone, but they will have a passion for the salvation of others, or service to the kingdom of heaven and God. Thus, when a soul is realized, so long as God wills it and they remain incarnate, they will love and serve others, and labor to uplift others in return to God; then, when it is God’s will, and the hour of their death comes, they will indeed be ready to depart this world, surrendering to God’s will and embracing it, cleaving to God and God Alone.

There are, in fact, ascended masters, great tzaddikim and perfect tzaddikim, who engage their labor to lead souls in the Great Ascension through inner planes or inner dimensions, who no longer have the need for physical incarnation and who do not continue to incarnate. These, however, are great holy and enlightened ones who, when needed, have the capacity to generate pure emanation bodies to appear in material worlds for a time, much like that of many of the angels of God. Along with these, naturally, among the great holy and enlightened ones there are many that continue to incarnate with the desire to enact the Great Gesture again and again. It is all a question of the spiritual labor for the harvest of souls that is given to them by El Elyon, the Supreme, all as ordained by the Supreme.

The thought, “I’m ready to leave here,” however, while in the unenlightened condition and incomplete, apart from the will of God, and with little or no concern for the plight of others, this is the ego, self-cherishing and self-will, and represents a fixation on oneself alone, and one’s own suffering; in a word it is a state of ignorance, and complete selfishness, quite the opposite of realized or enlightened souls. Basically speaking, this unwillingness to take responsibility for oneself and one’s energy, and unwillingness to do one’s work, inner work and good works, is a great klippah, or barrier, to enlightenment and liberation, and is a cause of continued bondage, continued sorrow and suffering.

The truth is, “You have to get in to get out,” and one must do their work, accomplish their mission, enacting a full and complete self-offering, active love and compassion; it is through full embodiment, living the truth and light revealed, that souls become realize on earth and in heaven, and are able to enter into the Great Ascension.

At the end of life, when it is time, the sentiment “I’m ready to leave” is just fine, and when it is time it is good; until that time, though, it is not good and not true, but rather is a powerful ignorance, or darkness and falsehood.

If, however, there is a recognition of the unenlightened condition, and the sorrow and suffering that pervades creation in the unenlightened condition, and there is a desire arising to seek enlightenment and liberation, a desire for the kingdom of God, and its righteousness, then thoughts such as “I’m ready to leave here,” or “I want this to be my last life,” can be transformed into something good and true, or godly. As much as we do not wish to leave before it is time, so we do not wish to be intoxicated by the desires of the flesh and cleave to this world, or the things of this world; thus a desire for enlightenment and transcendence, or the realization of the kingdom of heaven, is good and is needed.

The truth is that incarnation, this life, is a precious opportunity for the evolution and realization of the soul, and this is especially true in a life within which faith and the desire to return to God has dawned, and we encounter living tzaddikim and Light Transmission, the Anointing; and given that it can take some time to acquire wisdom, understanding and knowledge (Habad), generate love and compassion (the Sacred Heart), and progress in spiritual realization (Mochin Gadlut) to be of greater service to others, once Habad, the Sacred Heart and Mochin Gadlut are in place, given that it is usually later in life, every single day of life when one has become empowered to do the Great Work is priceless. There is a desire for length of life to serve and uplift others, to do one’s work and fulfilled one’s mission, naturally so!

Consider this. Generally speaking, most often the greater realization of a soul occurs in midlife, or later in life, and therefore the time in life when the greater knowledge and power is embodied to uplift souls in return to God is relatively brief; by the time there is Habad, true wisdom, understanding and knowledge, and the corresponding spiritual power, the end of life is drawing near and the time of the full engagement in the Great Work is usually short. Understanding this, until it is time and God wills it, who would want to leave this world, or be distracted or taken away from their spiritual work, when they have been fully anointed, fully empowered with the Spirit of God to fulfill their soul’s mission and uplift many spirits and souls in the Great Ascension? A soul has sojourned and labored through many lives to have the chance to fulfill it greater purpose and mission, and given the opportunity a man or woman of God is going to take it up with great zeal, great passion, and relish ever day, every hour, every moment that they can serve the kingdom of heaven and uplift others in return to God. They will rejoice in the life God has given to them!

This is why I have little, or no use at all for some classical schools of Gnosticism that are extremely dualistic and take a very negative view of incarnation and this world; they do not reflect the Mochin Gadlut of my experience, or true God Consciousness as I understand it, and do not teach the true Path of Return, or Enlightenment – full embodiment of the Messiah and Holy Spirit.

When you mention the interior stars as the spiritual power of the Sefirot, the Divine Attributes in us, understand: when the serpent power is awakened, uplifted and redeemed, when all of the interior stars are opened, when the body of light is generated in full glory, and there is unification with the Sefirot and Yahweh, Messianic or God Consciousness, so there is the tikkune, or realization, of the World of the Sefirot. Thus, influxes of Atzilut are received, embodied and transmitted in this world, and the kingdom of heaven is manifest on earth; there is a completion and perfection of creation, the action of a conscious co-creator and co-redeemer in the Messiah.

Quite literally, as we engage in our works here in this world, new angels and new heavens are being created, new light realms are being generated, the kingdom of heaven is being realized and expanded, and the influence and power of angels, divine beings, in this world is increased. At the same time, the influence and power of archons and demons is being diminished, and there is a pacification, enrichment, subjugation and destruction of these spiritual forces of the Other Side. Thus, we have every good reason to labor for a greater embodiment of the Light-presence (Messiah) and Light-power (Holy Spirit), and to engage our spiritual works as long as we can in this world.

It is true, ascended masters, great tzaddikim and perfect tzaddikim, can and do engage their spiritual works through inner planes or inner dimensions, but given that countless spirits and souls are bound up in the gilgulim, potentially endless rounds of transmigration, many holy and enlightened ones continue to incarnate with them for the sake of outreach, or active compassion. Engaging in their spiritual works through inner dimensions or through incarnations is, in truth, no different to them, it is all a question of what God wills and ordains, the work God gives to them and where they are sent by the love of God.

The completion and perfection of a holy tzaddik, of course, is becoming the Messiah, the Christ, to a world-system and enacting the Great Gesture in full; hence, full embodiment and full self-offering. This can only be accomplished through incarnation, and those we call “ascended masters,” or perfect tzaddikim, such as Messiah Yeshua, have accomplished this; hence his ascension, unification and enthronement as a “high priest” of the Order of Melchizedek, a perfect tzaddik.

Here it is given for me to pause and wait upon the Holy Spirit; but these were some thoughts that I was inclined to share.

May we take up the dance of the Divine Incarnation as God wills and ordains, and may the kingdom of heaven be made manifest on earth! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Yonah

#3 Postby Yonah » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:21 am

Greetings Tau Malachi!

Thank you so much for this reply and the continued dialog on incarnation. Your entire post was extremely rich and hit at exactly what I was trying to explore. There were two passages that I feel led to comment on at this time.

If, however, there is a recognition of the unenlightened condition, and the sorrow and suffering that pervades creation in the unenlightened condition, and there is a desire arising to seek enlightenment and liberation, a desire for the kingdom of God, and its righteousness, then thoughts such as “I’m ready to leave here,” or “I want this to be my last life,” can be transformed into something good and true, or godly. As much as we do not wish to leave before it is time, so we do not wish to be intoxicated by the desires of the flesh and cleave to this world, or the things of this world; thus a desire for enlightenment and transcendence, or the realization of the kingdom of heaven, is good and is needed.

Thank you for this reminder. When I first wrote the post that you responded to, I was a bit frustrated by the dualistic view of “getting out of the world”. Your reminder points to me the idea of uplifting the evil inclination. I now see how this desire when tied to love and God could turn into the desire for both enlightenment and liberation and the desire for others, also. So, if we take those thoughts and desires and uplift them to be used energetically for our transformation (while tied to the heart), it could be a very lovely movement.

Quite literally, as we engage in our works here in this world, new angels and new heavens are being created, new light realms are being generated, the kingdom of heaven is being realized and expanded, and the influence and power of angels, divine beings, in this world is increased. At the same time, the influence and power of archons and demons is being diminished, and there is a pacification, enrichment, subjugation and destruction of these spiritual forces of the Other Side. Thus, we have every good reason to labor for a greater embodiment of the Light-presence (Messiah) and Light-power (Holy Spirit), and to engage our spiritual works as long as we can in this world.

Thank you also for this contemplation. I had not thought of this when discussing the need for incarnation. This is really the crux of why we need to stay until it is time for the rolling up of our cosmic cycle. Without “humans” to engage in this great work, how would this transformation occur? This is an incredibly exciting universe! I know, for me, there is no thought of leaving incarnation (until it’s time) – there is just way too much to do and experience.

Thank you again for such beautiful contemplations.

Aleichem Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:51 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

We can take this contemplation a bit further, and consider the power of incarnation, embodiment, generating new light realms, creating new angels and new heavens, actualizing and realizing the Holy Sefirot.

Yeshua Messiah teaches his disciples, saying, “I go to prepare a place for you” – a place in the kingdom of heaven. This divine action, however, is not isolate to Adonai Yeshua, but it is a spiritual labor of all apostles and disciples of the Messiah, the Anointing, for in the Acts of St. Thomas we hear of the apostle enacting charity on behalf of an Indian king, and through it generating an immeasurable and beautiful palace for the king’s soul in heaven. Although this was not the original intention of the king in giving the apostle great sums of money, but rather his intention was the building of earthly palaces, nevertheless through the embodiment of the Messiah and Holy Spirit Thomas was able to accomplish this on behalf of the king, and in the end, uplifted the soul of the king in return to God.

The story of St. Thomas preparing a place in the kingdom of heaven for this fellow teaches us that this is our spiritual labor as well, and that through the indwelling Messiah and Holy Spirit we are empowered to this Great Work.

St. Paul teaches us, “always seek a better resurrection,” and we may say, a “greater ascension of the soul.” In that we understand that the true kingdom of heaven is the Messiah and Yahweh Elohim, Shaddai, a better resurrection, a greater ascension, corresponds with greater nearness to the Messiah, and ultimately unification with the Messiah in El Elyon, the Supreme.

The generation of supernal light realms, or light palaces, greater nearness and unification, this all corresponds with our thoughts, words and actions in this life, in this world – inner works and good works, the embodiment of the Holy Light and Spirit of the Infinite in this incarnation, here and now.

We are generating, creating, our experience of the afterlife, and next life, here and now in this life, today. Understand, what we are doing today, what occupies us the most today, if we were to die tonight would shape our afterlife experience and next life – our next life, perhaps, looking much the same as how we live today.

Here, in this life, in this world, in incarnation, is where souls are able to become realized and progress in the resurrection and ascension – enlightenment and liberation; and here, with the possibility of progress, so also regress, God forbid. In this we may understand our incarnation, our life, as a place of great power, and great opportunities – a vehicle through which wonderful things can transpire, the realization of the kingdom of heaven, or enlightenment.

Through what Adonai Yeshua teaches, and through what Apostle Thomas does, however, we understand that our labor is not for the salvation of ourselves alone, or a better resurrection and greater ascension for ourselves alone, but rather, it is for the sake of others, the uplifting of others in return to God – the labor of the harvest of souls.

Look and see! Thomas built a palace for the king through charity and self-offering, and in this he had no thought or concern for his own salvation, or building his own heavenly palace, but rather his thought and concern was for the welfare and well-being of others, the salvation of others, and creating their place in the kingdom of heaven; hence, uplifting souls in return to God. In this, though, he unifies himself with the Messiah, and therefore with Yahweh Elohim, Shaddai, and he is uplifted into such lofty heights that no mortal is permitted to speak of them, and generates an immeasurable light palace of supernal glory, such that no mortal can comprehend. All of this was realized and accomplished through his spiritual labor in this world, in incarnation; hence, through embodiment.

Understanding this, it is ignorant or foolish to seek to remove oneself from life, or depart this life too swiftly, for in the afterlife one might find things unfinished, incomplete and imperfect, and swiftly need, and desire, to incarnate and start all over again, having made little or no progress, or even experiencing a regress, God forbid!

We are co-creators of the reality we experience, whether on earth or in heaven, and it is wise for us to remember and understand this, and to learn to use this Divine Power in us with wisdom, understanding and knowledge, and with love and compassion for ourselves and for others.

This is what I wished to share.

O Adonai, please bless and empower us to realize the union of heaven and earth, the Pleroma of Light and the Entirety! Amen.

Messiah Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Yonah

#5 Postby Yonah » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Greetings and blessings in the Spirit of Messiah!

We are generating, creating, our experience of the afterlife, and next life, here and now in this life, today. Understand, what we are doing today, what occupies us the most today, if we were to die tonight would shape our afterlife experience and next life – our next life, perhaps, looking much the same as how we live today.

From this teaching I’m reminded of Lengthening of Days – making all our days holy days and days that are part of the World to Come. What we do now seems to determine what we are able to take with us as part of our neshamah into the next incarnation? This means that abiding in the continuum and acts of loving kindness are the only thing that really matter.

Through what Adonai Yeshua teaches, and through what Apostle Thomas does, however, we understand that our labor is not for the salvation of ourselves alone, or a better resurrection and greater ascension for ourselves alone, but rather, it is for the sake of others, the uplifting of others in return to God – the labor of the harvest of souls.

What a beautiful reminder. This past weekend, a Christian friend of mine who is part of a semi-fundamentalist church said, “I can’t wait for Jesus to return so we can leave and not have to suffer. Don’t you?” I decided not to argue the theological premise that I don’t believe, but my answer was “I don’t want to leave if I can help take suffering from others.”

I’m not relaying this to cast judgment on my friend. I understand that her paradigm is one that doesn’t understand that we are all in this together. Her comment did make me ask myself – what am I doing right now to assist others in their ascension? Your words and this conversation give me a feeling of urgency because nothing else truly matters except the enlightenment and liberation of ALL beings.

The generation of supernal light realms, or light palaces, greater nearness and unification, this all corresponds with our thoughts, words and actions in this life, in this world – inner works and good works, the embodiment of the Holy Light and Spirit of the Infinite in this incarnation, here and now.

I have seen and read many teachings on the creation of supernal light realms (or light palaces) based on our thoughts, words, and actions, but I would love to explore this in more depth. There seems to be many mysteries that could be explored in the nature of these realms, their aspects, and more about our interactions with them.

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

It Is Finished

#6 Postby Elder Gideon » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:35 am

Solstice Shalom, +Yonah:

When Jesus had received the wine, he said, ‘It is finished.’ Then he bowed his head and gave up his spirit
(John 19:30).

I too have long been fascinated by meditation practices which focus upon a partzuf-personification of the Divine. They all begin from an empty, horizonless space in which their visualization emerges. That, or they commonly spring like a ray from some energy center such as our heart star, and swiftly, directions begin unfolding: before, behind, right, and left, with corresponding beings-forces per each direction. I'm enamored how there's a dissolution in which to abide and, in more advanced practices, the entire display re-arises again for another cycle of work, to dissolve within us as we consciously dissolve at last into emptiness.

For one new to this kind of meditation work, it might seem strange or irrational, all of this emptiness, arising, and dissolving back to emptiness, until they realize they're training their neuronet for the simplest truth of all: They too arise from nothing, abide, and will dissolve back to nothing. Also, they're preparing for conscious dying, for this is how all returns to its root in Ain-emptiness. The degree to which we one can identify with emptiness while in life is the degree to which we can identify with emptiness while transitioning from the body in death. To be conscious through such physical transitions isn't death, but merely a shift in view. Though I do not remember dying in former lives, I have experienced awareness beyond the body and am confident that consciousness doesn't have to lapse, but can remain awake and alert through all states, even in physical death.

This rehearsal of Partzuf meditations and their palace makes conscious what is largely unconscious, habitual, and karmic for most souls. It is like faith or prayer, which even the most atheistic zealously practice. Every being is oriented by deeply held faith in something. All are praying without ceasing to something. Likewise, every being engages a palace meditation waking, dreaming, and dying by their mentality in this life. It is inevitable. All are oriented by something. All commune and exchange their energy with something. All move inside a palace-mentality. Instead of seeing these internal phenomena of communion, orientation, and structure as exotic, let's see their ordinary inevitability and why, through meditation with partzuf in a light palace, we consciously imagine a reality far greater than the one to which we often unconsciously default.

As Tau Malachi has said of channeling, in the name of Tau Elijah: It's not if we're ever channeling, but always what we're channeling. Perhaps we could say the same for embodiment: It's not if we're ever embodying, but always what we're embodying. What this has to do with our incarnation is everything, for only by way of a physical experience may we actualize the remembrance of our root, our emptiness.

There are so many points in Kabbalah that affirm this very mystery. Elohim is seeking to remember Herself through our incarnation. Until we recognize and realize this empty nature of our self and life-display, who we are in Elohim is not complete. Completion, fulfillment, and tikkune are immense principles in Kabbalah, properly associated with the Hebrew letter ת. Souls actualize their unique spark only here in the physical plane. I believe it was Rabbi Eleazar who even said in Zohar that actualization ceases at the moment of death. While I've looked many times and failed to find where he's said that, I can specifically cite another proof of this emphasis in Kabbalah. In Zohar's discussion of Bo (Come), Rabbi Yose ponders why YHVH needed a sign of lamb's blood on the lintel and doorposts to pass over the children of Israel:

YHVH will pass through to strike Egypt (Exodus 12:23). It has been taught: Rabbi Yose said, "This verse is difficult. Did He see the blood and then pass over? This would imply that He made a sign. And if you say that it was because of the blood, which is a mitzsvah, then why outside, and why on three places on the door? [...] Well, as has been taught, it is written: YHVH saw and He spurned (Deuteronomy 32:19), and similarly: God saw that the evil of the human creature was immense on earth (Genesis 6:5). And we have learned: Providence above does not appear unless an action pertaining to it appears below, enacted. Until such an act is actualized, no attention is given to inflicting harm--except for the thought of idolatry, as is written: Take care, lest you heart be seduced (Deuteronomy 11:17). Once an act is performed, providence above arouses; so all, whether good or evil, depends entirely upon action." [2:35b]

If you hear what Rabbi Yose's really asking, "Why did YHVH need all of this to spare the children of Israel from the Destroyer?" then you'll see how this relates in every way with incarnation and why it is precious: for action. Here, and throughout Zohar, above does not arouse unless aroused from below. The Destroyer passed over every house that had been physically marked with lamb's blood for the action of having done it. This symbiosis between above and below depends upon action, upon what we do with our bodies. I delight in the Hebrew verb for making, עָשָׂה asah, being the root of the word Asiyah, עשיה. Get it? God (Yah-יה) makes (asah-עָשָׂה) through us in Asiyah.

This mystery of action becomes even more critical for us who cleave to Messiah. For in what was the Word made? Flesh! When something is enacted below, then it is so in other olamot above. Meaning, like a million good ideas anyone might have, few are those which are acted upon, manifest. When they are fully so below, then they are so above. This mystery is explicit in Pistis Sophia, for it's unusual to learn what happened in realms and universes of beings-forces above in response to all that Yeshua accomplished in and for the world with his body. We learn that only after the Resurrection did he merit the return of this three Light Vestures, which, when put on, caused great agitation throughout all realms of archons, even altering astrological movements. Why? Because their dominion was changed forever after the completion of his ministry on earth, with a body below:

That Vesture then I left behind in the last mystery, until the time should be completed to put it on, and I should begin to discourse with the race of men and reveal unto them all from the beginning of the Truth to its completion, and discourse with them from the interiors of the interiors to the exteriors of the exteriors and from the exteriors of the exteriors to the interiors of the interiors. Rejoice then and exult and rejoice more and more greatly, for to you it is given that I speak first with you from the beginning of the Truth to its completion [Pistis Sophia I:7]

Such mysteries he can now only speak because of the completion on earth below, for this is where the completion occurred. We also can only know what may be known while here below. To glimpse something above by Grace is neither known nor ours until actualized and shared with another below. I realize this might sound so simple and elementary, but the entire mystery of our journey in this life depends on what we're doing with this life.

From our flesh may we see God.

Elder Gideon

Return to “Gnosis and Gnosticism”