inner smile link to soul?

Moderator: Brother Christopher

Mark

inner smile link to soul?

#1 Postby Mark » Thu May 12, 2016 5:17 pm

Shalom Tau Malachi,
If Primordial Meditation activates an inner smile, would that be a characteristic of the soul coming through into consciousness? There are Taoist teachings regarding an inner smile being an expression of the soul. Is there anything corresponding to that in the Sophian Gnostic tradition?
With thanks for the practices that bring inner and outer peace,
Mark

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: inner smile link to soul?

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri May 13, 2016 9:19 am

Blessings to you in the Holy Name of Adonai Yeshua Messiah!

The phrase “inner smile” indicates the experience of the subtle and sublime peace and joy innate to our inner being, or to inner aspects of our ruach that reach towards our neshamah. There is a “secret center of peace and joy” within us, which is present regardless of movements in the outer being or surface consciousness, whether happiness or sadness, pleasure or pain, good fortune or ill fortune, wellness or illness, living or dying, or appearances of light or darkness, or good or evil; and this subtle peace and joy is called an “inner smile” by some mystics because regardless of what transpires on the surface, in the outer being and life, in the experience of this peace and joy there is calm abiding, unmoved by whatever is happening, and one is able to smile upon whatever arises or transpires, aware of its innate emptiness, transcendent of what’s happening, even though in the experience of it.

If we engage in daily prayer and meditation, something of this will arise during our sessions of meditation, and it can be very healing and empowering; if we learn to integrate this presence of awareness with our daily living, the spiritual healing we will experience will go much deeper.

In this we may consider what it means to live from within - it is living from our inner being and the indwelling Messiah, and it is integrating the presence of awareness of our inner being with our thoughts, words and actions, our daily living; hence, living the Life Divine.

In closing we can also say that the phrase “inner smile” also indicates the generation of compassion, and leads to active compassion in spiritual maturation.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Yonah

#3 Postby Yonah » Mon May 16, 2016 9:52 am

Greetings!

Thank you for this explanation and example. My experience is that this inner peace is difficult to explain since you may be grieving over a loved one or in the middle of a difficult situation, but there is still an inner joy and peace that abides.

I believe that Philippians 4:7 is describing this:
"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

I know, for myself, that this peace from the Christ Spirit is what has gotten me through some very difficult times. Situations or health issues can be causing distress, but this inner joy and hope can keep one moving forward.

Aleichem Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Mark

#4 Postby Mark » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:02 pm

The phrase “inner smile” indicates the experience of the subtle and sublime peace and joy innate to our inner being, or to inner aspects of our ruach that reach towards our neshamah.
Shalom Tau Malachi and thank you for what you shared in response to my question. Since it is taught that ruach has the quality of intelligence I was wondering if it is ruach that also is being expressed when the inner smile automatically generates openings to the flow of energy within in a way that is much more intelligent than anything my ordinary intelligence could accomplish through personal effort.
With appreciation for any moment that feels like any doing is being guided by inner being,
Mark

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:03 pm

Shalom,

The inner ruach, which reaches into neshamah, corresponds with a greater awareness, a greater intelligence, the outer ruach corresponding with our ordinary human intelligence, the inner ruach corresponding with our divine intelligence - an intelligence of the heavens. Thus, understanding this subtle peace and joy in our "secret center" to correspond with our inner ruach, it is inseparable from perceptions of this greater, divine intelligence in us, perceptions from experiences of the heavens, or remembrance of heaven; with this, naturally, greater influxes of the spiritual powers of the heavens and Sefirot may be received and integrated, true power of heaven bringing spiritual knowledge, understanding and wisdom (Habad) - hence the Holy Kabbalah taught by tzaddikim and initiates.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Gnosis and Gnosticism”