The Astrological Signs of the Zodiac

Moderator: Brother Christopher

Cathy_Z

The Astrological Signs of the Zodiac

#1 Postby Cathy_Z » Wed May 18, 2016 6:00 pm

Shalom all,
I wanted to share some of the basics from my studies on the signs of the Zodiac, beginning with Aries, the first sign of the Zodiac. I hope this will be helpful to others.

ARIES

CARDINAL, initiating
FIRE, energizing
MARS, ruling planet,
SUN, exalted
Spring equinox
The Ram
Rules the head

"I AM" is the statement of Aries

Keywords:
Action, energetic, enthusiastic, self motivated, independent - the pathfinder

The symbol of Mars as ruler is the Cross of matter above the Circle of Spirit..... The material is dominate... The ego is challenged to be transformed.

Aries is the emergence of Life, an awakening of life. In the cycle of the sun, this is the Spring Equinox, the time of balance of light and darkness, a turning from the darkness of winter to the light of summer. This is a time of initiating new movements of energy, of realizing the infinite possibilities.
Aries is full of energy, ready to move forward into each new venture. Initiating is what Aries do best, with an activating outgoing energy that is full of vitality and enthusiasm. They are independent, spontaneous and curious, eager to explore with a sense of wonder and excitement, to experience life in its fullness. They have a true pioneering spirit. They are the pathfinders and explorers in this world, with a sense of adventure, seeking ever new horizons. They are courageous and fearless with the heart of a warrior. They are not afraid to take on a challenge, one who is truly heroic, the giving of oneself with full force. On a personal level, there is the potential to face one's fears and challenges with courage, and to transform one's weaknesses into strengths.
All signs of the zodiac have a polar opposite to which it is associated. The sign which is the polar opposite to Aries is Libra. Libra is all about the awareness of others (relationships) and harmony, beauty and refinement. Aries is all about the initiating, energetic emergence of the self. When there is a swing to one extreme in the polarity, the challenging (negative) aspects of the sign become apparent. Because of the fiery, energetic, independent nature of Aries, it can become all about "me", losing sight other's needs and desires. Aries do not want to be held back, like a race horse at the start gate. They can lack patience and becoming irritated and angry, lashing out. Aries are the warriors of the zodiac. This can be carried to the extreme, becoming ruthless.
As practical example of imbalance, Aries may notice that they are becoming irritable and impatient with others. They can shift in focus from what they want right now, towards being inclusive of needs others; Patience, Harmony and empathy might need to be developed and integrated into their life.
By understanding the strengths and challenges of the signs of the Zodiac, there can be an awareness of when there is an imbalance, and a realignment to harmony.

The Holy Letter He - the Zodiacal sign ARIES

He is pathway between Hokmah and Tiferet.
The symbol for He is the window, which lets in the Light , illuminating the interior, as well as letting one see what appears outside, enabling true sight.

Sight is attributed to He.
This reminds me of what Yeshua said, "I do what I see my Father doing." This seems to speak of identifying with the truth of our Being, as we are in God, with that awareness, we move in faith, confidence and boldness of Spirit, because the Spirit moves through us, taking up what needs to be done. It is no longer about me being the doer.
I can see this as being associated with the truth of Aries. And seems to be the key to healing of the challenges aspects of Aries.

In the Great Name of YHVH, He is the Letter of the the interior Shekinah, Binah, and the exterior Shekinah, Malkut.
It seems that the total giving of oneself is key to integrating the inner and outer aspects of Being, and seems to be speaking of sacrifice. I am reminded of the story of Abraham, when he was about to sacrifice his only son Isaac. The Angel of God appeared to stop him. At that moment, Abraham saw a ram was caught in a thicket. He sacrificed that ram (symbol of Aries) in the place of Isaac. This seems to be prophetic of the the great sacrifice of our Lord Yeshua..
" For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

These are a few contemplations that I had on the Letter and pathway of He. Any insight that others can offer, would be appreciated very much and be very helpful in drawing out understanding of how the Holy Letter is associated with Aries.
Of course, I would appreciate any corrections.

Shalom,
Cathy

Martina

Re: The Astrological Signs of the Zodiac

#2 Postby Martina » Sun May 22, 2016 6:09 am

Shabbat Shalom Cathy!

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful contemplation and praise to Imma for inspiring it!

“This is a time of initiating new movements of energy, of realizing the infinite possibilities. Aries is full of energy, ready to move forward into each new venture. Initiating is what Aries do best, with an activating outgoing energy that is full of vitality and enthusiasm. They are independent, spontaneous and curious, eager to explore with a sense of wonder and excitement, to experience life in its fullness. They have a true pioneering spirit. They are the pathfinders and explorers in this world, with a sense of adventure, seeking ever new horizons. They are courageous and fearless with the heart of a warrior. They are not afraid to take on a challenge, one who is truly heroic, the giving of oneself with full force. On a personal level, there is the potential to face one's fears and challenges with courage, and to transform one's weaknesses into strengths.“

I am reminded of the the Hebrew word Hineini, which means “Here I am” and begins with a He. “Here I am”, Hineini, Moshenu answered to God at the burning bush. When God called him he was immediately present without wavering or being distracted. It seems this energy of being present in the moment is connected to what has been shared about Aries.

Then Moshenu took of his sandals because God explained to him that he was standing on holy ground. In this moment he seems to move into a direct spiritual realization face to face with God and this resonates with Aries great potential to “to face one's fears and challenges with courage, and to transform one's weaknesses into strengths.“ When I contemplate the burning bush as the Tree of Life there is the possibility of a bold movement into greater and greater union with the Holy One when the strong vital energy of Aries is uplifted through spiritual realization.

I am grateful for any additions and corrections.

In gratitude,
Martina
Martina

Return to “Gnosis and Gnosticism”