The Poor, the Outcast and the Oppressed

Marion

The Poor, the Outcast and the Oppressed

#1 Postby Marion » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:37 am

I was contemplating the meaning of outcast. A few points in scripture and the teachings struck me in this regard. One being the vow of the templars:

Do not fear in the face of the Enemy;
Do not lie, but live by the Spirit of Truth,
even on the pain of death;
Love the Holy One,
with all your heart and soul,
mind and strength;
Love Wisdom;
Defend the orphan and widow,
the poor, the outcast and the oppressed;
Cultivate love and compassion,
and stand as a righteous warrior;
Guard the Holy Grail,
and the Order of the Grail;
Bring peace;
Do not do what you hate.

Especially the line: “Defend the orphan and widow, the poor, the outcast and the oppressed.”
I was thinking about, who did Jesus teach and defend? Lepers and tax collectors, and adulterers and prostitutes. The lowest of the low in that society. I was also thinking about how we need to learn how to defend these aspects in ourselves before we can defend them in others. We have probably all had the experience of being persecuted in some way, and it really hurts us. So that we’re kind of a mess for a while. What does this mean? Number one, we believe what the person said, and also, we are not defending the poor, internally. We have also all had the experience of someone persecuting us and it does not effect us in the least bit, maybe it is a stranger, or what they are saying is so not in our experience.

I was also contemplating the beatitudes.
The beatitudes start with “Blessed are the poor in spirit for there’s is the kingdom of heaven.” This is associated with Keter on the tree of life. Could this have the implication that if you are completely empty of yourself, you will experience Keter? Because Keter is the Sefirot that we cannot speak about, cannot think about. The aspect of God that is un-namable, un-knowable, un-thinkable. How could it be any other way? The Beatitude associated with Malkut is: “You are the light of the world, a city built on a hill cannot be hid...” (Matthew 5:14) This seems to imply that If you become a beacon in this shadow land, you will experience persecution. However, If you are empty of yourself, so as to be filled with the Holy Spirit, you will experience the kingdom of heaven. Another thing about “Blessed are the poor in spirit for there’s is the kingdom of heaven” strikes me. the scripture says, “for there’s IS...” not you will experience it etc... This seems to imply a realization and embodiment of the kingdom of heaven. This is exactly what Yeshua and Mary Magdalene accomplished that no one else before them could. Which is why these teachers are so special and why they changed to world. So let us not fear persecution. Because how could it be any other way while we are in this shadow land?

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.” (Matthew 5:38-42)
i.e make yourself poor in spirit. “do not resist an evil person” That is, no not resist what God has given you. and do not make yourself evil on account of another. But take on this thing, do not resist it and transform it within yourself. “Turn the other cheek” I am hearing this as using the method spoken of in templar tradition where an adept or master will take on the being and transform it within themselves. Do not refuse the being the opportunity for healing. Because it may be that running into a light bearer that the possibility will be able to come to fruition at some point. Yeshua says that we should rejoice and be glad when people persecute us, for great is our reward in heaven. Perhaps being persecuted in this shadow land is a good thing and a symptom of being not of the world so that shadow beings see this. Also, if people persecute you, think of the master. Wherever he went people wanted to kill him! how much greater is that light?

Susan

The Outcast Bride

#2 Postby Susan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:13 pm

Greetings!

Thank you for this post, it is very serendipitous for a number of reasons.

The topic of being an outcast, or outsider, or fringe-dweller etc, comes up in our Circle conversations pretty regularly; it is really a great topic for discourse as we have found it leads to so many new discoveries of expanded meaning and understandings. Any of these terms are useful for reclaiming and redefining their meaning in our own Sophian way. As you have shown above, this is the way of extracting the sparks of light from within the shades and shadows we come across in our everyday lives here in this world. It is indeed a way of transformation, of transforming darkness into light, both inwardly and outwardly, for the benefit of each individual soul and that of all souls.

I often open the bible having read a particular post, but this time I turned to my copy of "The Cosmic Christ." It fell open at page 335 where we find the following:-

"Yeshua promises her (Lady Mary) that she will be received, saying, 'I have come, most beloved, and I am coming; and I will come again in you and you will be received, even as the Son of Adam has been received. And you will bear twice the power of the Son of God, for you are the Daughter of the Most High who shall give birth to the holy ones in the end of days.'

When Lord Yeshua speaks this promise, Lady Mary is said to have responded with a holy vow, saying, 'I will run and return, and continue to incarnate in a woman's form until the end of days so that all things might be fulfilled. Few are those who embody the person of light in the woman's form, yet it is woman who gives birth to the new generation and until she is known in her fullness, surely the light of the human one shall not be manifest in full. May it come to pass as my Lord speaks.'"

With thanks to the Holy Shekinah for all things!

Susan

* Now I have written these words I feel there is so much to talk about and develop further from these verses; however, with respect to the flow, till then, shalom to all!

Marion

Binah and Malkut

#3 Postby Marion » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:34 am

It seems that a discussion of the the Poor and Outcast leads to so many other things in part because it is such a huge part of our experience here in this world! I think every companion in circle that I have ever talked to speaks of feeling that way in one way or another. So this has got to be something that is inherent. A contemplation has recently come to mind of the Poor in relationship to Malkut. I was thinking about how it is said that Malkut has no light of her own, but becomes filled with the Rahoniyot and Shefa of the other sefirot, namely Yesod. I was also contemplating how Binah is black. Like the Song of Solomon says “I am black and I am beautiful!” The full verse reads:

“I am dark but beautiful,
O women of Jerusalem—
dark as the tents of Kedar,
dark as the curtains of Solomon’s tents.
Don’t stare at me because I am dark—
the sun has darkened my skin.
My brothers were angry with me;
they forced me to care for their vineyards,
so I couldn’t care for myself—my own vineyard.” (Ch. 1:5-6)

“Dark as the curtains” This seems to speak to a secret place, a bedroom. Where only a few are allowed in? Because a curtain is something that hides and conceals. Also, darkness hides and conceals. To me this is also saying, she hides herself from the things of the world, in the way of being in the world but not of the world.

The next part: “The sun has darkened my skin” I was wondering if this has to do with the relationship of Binah to Tiferet, or Malkut to Tiferet. Which would be Mother to Son or Bride to Groom? Where the sun is tiferet?
“They forced me to care for their vineyards...” Is it not Solomon who says in Eccesiasties “So I saw that there is nothing better for a man than to enjoy his work, because that is his lot.” (3:22)
work in inevitable in this world. The fact that she is made dark through the sun in very interesting to me. Almost like as she became close to the Holy One, the Holy One made her dark to the world, i.e made her hidden. How did this happen? through her work. We toil in the fields of this world all the days of our lives. This makes us grow stronger, in body and character and presents us with the opprotunities to grow, this is the path.

Of course this also brings us to a discussion of Mary Magdalene. Who was empty of herself, so as to become the perfect vessel for the Lord to pour himself into. She became the prism through which light shone forth into rainbow rays. As is said of Binah on the tree of life, who is the prism through which the supernal life force is poured through and becomes the rays of the seven sefirot of construction. Without Binah, the prism where would the light of Hokmah the Father go? How could it manifest itself? It would be like Enoch who lives for 365 years in this world, and was no more because God took him. With no vessel to pour forth his wisdom, no retinue. His realization could not yet manifest on this earth, so it went back to the Father from which it came.

Perhaps we feel poor, because that is our ultimate destiny, and the reason we are in this world. Yeshua says we are all destined to become vessels of light in this world. This is our destiny, it is inevitable, we only have to enjoy the work.

Susan

The illusion of separation

#4 Postby Susan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:36 am

Greetings!

I have been mulling over these verses you presented Maid Marion for days now; they are really packed full of so many meanings. And over the time I have certainly ranged over a number of different understandings.

But just today, after participating in our Chat discourse lead by Sister Sarah, I have been hearing just one recurring verse:-

"A holy person will gain heart." (Job 11:12)

In this verse we are reminded where to find rest, repose from the voice of the great deceiver, who tries to constantly draw us away from our innate understanding and experience of Oneness. In Hokmah ha Ain, the wisdom of emptiness, all is one, there is no us and them, no insiders and outsiders; no-one is on the fringe, we are all in the middle, centered.

From this new place of understanding, we could say from Makom, The Place, we now hear Solomon's verse begin:-

"I am dark and beautiful." No buts about it anymore! Light and darkness, all one, all holy, all Divine!

With thanks,

Shalom Sister.

Susan

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”