Seeking the word in Faith and Love

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

Seeking the word in Faith and Love

#1 Postby Elder Sarah » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:17 am

Shabbat Shalom!

May the Mother Spirit bless and empower us to seek the Word of the Holy One of Being!

This week in the online chat session we looked into a verse in the Gospel of Phillip that has continued to spark many provoking thoughts. In this Gospel we hear,

“Faith receives, love gives”

This leads first to ask about the word Faith. In Hebrews 11 we hear this word defined as,

“Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Indeed by faith our ancestors received approval. By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was made from things that are not visible.”

Essentially what we read in Hebrews is that Faith is the trust, the knowledge that what we witness in the material manifestation of reality has its roots beyond what can be seen. This verse also defines the “root” of all that can be seen as the Word of God. This leads of course to the verse in John 1:

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. What has come into being in him was life, and live was the light of all people. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it”

With this in mind, we could say of “Faith receives”, that it is the seeking of the Word that receives. By seeking of the Word is meant, to always maintain that which appears has its roots in what cannot be seen. By,” what cannot be seen” is meant, by what appears beyond the surface. Hence, Faith is an act that sends us to look beyond the surface of all that we can witness. The act of receptivity can only happen whenever we are open to an open-ended conclusion, or the bottomless end. We say, to receive we need to be empty, in other words, we could say, to receive we need to be without end. This idea is stated in Yeshua’s heart advice he gives Our Lady, he says, “Seek to be know nothing and be nobody”. Simply put we could say the love of the mystery receives, the Love of God receives,. What is received is love, which is the only way to give. This leads to what the Gospel of Phillip says, “Love gives”.

In the tradition we say, we can only truly receive what is in turn given. So, here we can say, unless we love, we cannot receive. We have to love the endless quality of the mysteries in order to give them. We have to tend what is received because we love what has been received.
Here we can draw out a beautiful verse in the Secret Book of James,

“Be eager for the word, The first aspect of the word is faith, the second love, the third works, and from these comes life.”

It appears as though what is being stated in this Gospel is that life is created from the equal exchange of giving and receiving. We could hear, first, receive in faith and because of reception in faith love arises. In the arising of love, all one can do is give because this is the nature of love. In the equal exchange of receiving and giving, faith and love, the act of “works” arises. “Works” in this sense would be the reciprocity of giving and receiving. “Life” is this equal exchange; hence, eagerness for the Word creates life!

May all beings receive the fullness of Faith and Love, receive the fullness of life through giving in Love!

Many Blessings and Shalom!
Sarah+

Yonah

#2 Postby Yonah » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Thank you Sister! This is a beautiful contemplation.

Without faith we have no starting point; no point of ground to seek experience. So, we start with faith so that we can receive, once we receive we are able to give, and true giving can only be through love.

So is Gnosis the totality of receiving in faith and giving in love? Creating that circuit that then gives us the ability to trully experience the Light and bring our consciousness to that of the Light Kingdom?

Shalom, +Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Fruition

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Perhaps instead of totality, gnosis is the fruition of faith and love, receiving and giving.

Peace be with you!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Phillip

#4 Postby Phillip » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:27 pm

Shalom Everyone!

What exactly Faith is has changed so much over the years in my understanding. I must confess, my original ideas of Faith were pre-conceptions. The more I go on the path, the more mysterious Faith becomes. It becomes awe-inspiriting, in fact, the depth of the mysteriousness of faith, ever pregnant with meaning, seeming always to be pregnant with revealation yet ever mysterious. In fact, what has baffeld me more and more over the years, is that the more Faith reveals itself, the more mysterious it becomes! Baffling! So I resonante deeply with your teaching here, Elder Sarah.

I wonder if there is something in works, in living our Faith, which is akin to love. I wonder how much of my ideas of love have been sentimental in nature, and I wonder now if in living, acting from this mystery of Faith, this Faith, we are expressing Love?

Shalom!
Phillip

sheryl
Site Admin

Understanding Knowledge

#5 Postby sheryl » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:41 am

Greetings Brother Phillip!

Understanding Knowledge came to mind in regards to the play between faith and love, Understanding being giving form to Knowledge.

Can we say that if Knowledge (Da'at) is the fruition of faith and love, then Understanding (Binah) would be the manifestation of that fruition, what flows from that Knowledge?

Shabbat Shalom!

Sheryl

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

True Reciprocity

#6 Postby Elder Sarah » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:17 pm

Shalom!

Your insight here Yonah, Tau Malachi’s response and then the question Phillip is asking has continued to spark much contemplation!

As Tau Malachi states;

“Gnosis is the fruition of faith and love, giving and receiving”

This insight leads to an exploration of the word Gnosis, which leads to look into the Sefirah of Daat on the Tree of Life. Daat, or Knowledge, is the point on the Tree in which knowledge comes into being. Hence, we can say, it is through Daat that Gnosis dawns. Daat, being Keter revealed and Tiferet concealed, acts as a linking point of Keter, Tiferet, Malkut and Yesod. In Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ, Tau Malachi asks a great question, “When Keter turns toward the Tree and Daat disappears, where does it go? He goes on further to describe Daat goes into another dimension, specifically to the Yesod of the Olam above. For an example, Daat of Asiyah becomes the Yesod of Yetzirah. We learn that when Keter turns toward the Tree a movement of Grace is happening, the law is no longer in effect. In other words, the apparent disappearance of Daat in one dimension and the appearance of Yesod in the next, appears to be the way in which we may access higher levels of consciousness.

We also learn in Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ that,

“In relationship with Hokmah and Binah, like its relationship with Keter, Daat is also external. Hokmah and Binah are a completely internal processes, the radiant awareness of the mind and the thoughts and understanding formed in the mind……..Thus Daat is the revelation of a person’s intelligence to others.”

Hokmah is the head of the pillar of mercy, the pillar of loving kindness, while Binah is the head of the pillar of severity, or restriction. Hokmah is all giving to Binah, a continuous flow of force, while Binah takes the flow of force and creates form. If we consider the movement of giving and receiving we can see that the ability to receive depends upon the emptiness of the vessel who is receiving. You could not add water to an already full jar. Giving, on the other hand depends upon the flow, the willingness to move force. Such that one vessel cannot be filled unless the other vessel had the force to move the water. Being the head of the pillar of loving kindness, Hokmah can be seen as the pure flow of force, as pure giving, while Binah, the head of the pillar of restraint can receive that force. Daat, knowledge then becomes the fruition of the movement of pure giving and pure receiving. Rabbi Nachman teaches,

“Hokmah is potential intellect; Binah is the logical intellect; Daat is the actual wisdom acquired”.

By this we can see, the ability to come into knowledge, Gnosis, is dependent upon the balance of loving kindness and restraint.
Now, what is curious here, is that in the fruition of giving and receiving there appears to be a heightening of consciousness. As Yonah points out, this circuit leads to a drawing of consciousness into the Light Kingdom. The heightening of consciousness appears to happen when Keter of one Olam appears and Daat disappears becoming the Yesod of the Olam above. Yesod is the Sefirah of reciprocity, which is the true balance of giving and receiving. This begs the question regarding the fruition that you point out Tau Malach, is the Gnosis that dawns the vehicle of Light Transmission, in which the giver and receiver become as one? This would say the Love of Faith, and the Faith of Love as one movement.

This leads to the insight you draw out Phillip regarding works and living from the knowledge gained from experience. If we take into consideration the dialog above, we have concluded the knowledge gained is a result Faith and Love, of the completion of the circuit in giving and receiving. On the Tree of Life, we learn Malkut is the vessel into which the Shefa and Ruhaniyot pours from all the above Sefirot, and we define Malkut as the realm of action or manifestation. Malkut receives this influx from Yesod. We learn that Yesod can only give unto Malkut what can be received in her, that Yesod modulates the amount of influx pouring into Malkut. It is as though in order for Malkut to receive from Yesod, our actions have to match the measured influx pouring fourth. It takes matching actions, actions done in loving kindness along with measured self restraint In order for the fruition of knowledge, the reciprocity of giving and receiving to dawn.

The Tree of Life accords with this idea. As stated above, when Keter turns toward the Tree and Daat disappears into the next Olam, Daat becomes Yesod of the next dimension.
For example, Daat of Asiyah becomes Yesod of Yetzirah. Now, drawing Malkut into the contemplation, we learn the Malkut of one Olam is the Tiferet of the Olam below. For example, Malkut of Yetzirah is the Tiferet of Asiyah. So, if we transition by way of Daat, by way of Knowledge from Daat of Asiyah to Yesod of Yetzirah, we have also drawn Malkut of Asiyah into Tiferet of Asiyah because Malkut of Yetzirah appears to act as the vessel for Yesod. By Malkut becoming Tiferet, ones actions are no longer a result of law, or karma, but instead of compassion, the balance of mercy and severity. In other words, one’s actions are no longer based upon ones own selfish desires and needs but instead are done with others in mind. The shift of action and manifestation in this way appears to be how we might actualize what has been received and therefore given. In this way, Faith combined with Love becomes Gnosis and Light Transmission dawns across the face of this great earth!

May the dawn of Light Transmission be nutured and enacted amidst the people and the land!

Amen and Amen!

Sarah+

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

movements in Ma

#7 Postby Elder Sarah » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Shabbat Shalom Sheryl!

Praising Ma and her congruent movements!

It appears we were both absorbed in the same contemplation this morning.....I just saw your insight after posting. Indeed, the play and interaction of Binah, Hokmah and Daat is appears to allude to much in this line of thought.

Many Blessings and Shalom!

Sarah+

Yonah

#8 Postby Yonah » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:45 pm

Perhaps instead of totality, gnosis is the fruition of faith and love, receiving and giving.

Thank you +Malachi! I like that much better!

I wonder if there is something in works, in living our Faith, which is akin to love. I wonder how much of my ideas of love have been sentimental in nature, and I wonder now if in living, acting from this mystery of Faith, this Faith, we are expressing Love?

Very true, Brother Phillip - without works what really is faith? I've never quite understood the "falling out of love" concept. I see love as a verb and not a state of being. It's all about action. I believe very much in making a commitment to love and then living that. This isn't to say that relationships don't end or that we should never divorce. Unfortunately in this world things happen and people leave, but that doesn't stop love. Love may change circumstances, but I don't think real love just "goes away".

Can we say that if Knowledge (Da'at) is the fruition of faith and love, then Understanding (Binah) would be the manifestation of that fruition, what flows from that Knowledge?

Sheryl - Nice!!!

Awesome Sarah that you & Sheryl were on the same page. Excellent contemplation!

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

sheryl
Site Admin

Re: True Reciprocity

#9 Postby sheryl » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:53 pm

Shalom everyone!

Your words above, Elder Sarah, coupled with the teachings from Sunday evening's chat, have brought on much contemplation.

My mind is still playing with all the levels of speaking within the Divine Name YHVH!

I have a difficult time fathoming speaking at the level of Yod, but when Tau Malachi said: Thus Daat is the revelation of a person’s intelligence to others I thought of speaking at the level of the first Hei.

I could then not help but think of the shape of the Tree of Life, the three triads beginning at one point and then ending at one point, and so perhaps we might say that mind, thought, speech, and action flow from one point, being potential in Keter, and are eventually 'collected' in one point, or the fulfillment in Malkut.

Two thoughts you shared bring this, for me, into the realm of practicality:

It takes matching actions, actions done in loving kindness along with measured self restraint In order for the fruition of knowledge, the reciprocity of giving and receiving to dawn.

And

By Malkut becoming Tiferet, ones actions are no longer a result of law, or karma, but instead of compassion, the balance of mercy and severity. In other words, one’s actions are no longer based upon ones own selfish desires and needs but instead are done with others in mind.

I cannot help but think of karma as thick clouds blocking all sunlight, and so when we are driven by karma we are always looking at the brewing weather and how to move and turn and even run and hide as the weather changes. When our actions are no longer driven by the law, it is as though the sun is always shining. We might find that the wind blows, the rain falls, but we see that the sun is also shining, so the weather no longer drives our movements.

Perhaps this is what Yeshua meant when he said:

Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.

In this one declaration, we can feel the mystery of the Divine Name YHVH, as mind, thought, speech, and action move from potential in Keter, to fulfillment in Malkut!

Your post is rich and I look forward to additional contemplations that might flow on this thread.

Shalom and may the blessings of fulfillment pour out on all the people and the land.

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The I Am Speaking - Atzilut

#10 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:29 am

Greetings and blessings in the Light of the Messiah!

If we were going to address a speaking from the level of Atzilut it would be the speaking of the Divine I Am, a speaking in conscious unification with God; but naturally there are various gradations of this experience, as represented by the Sefirot of Atzilut.

Such speaking is, in effect, a direct utterance of God.

This is the power we see with Adonai Yeshua – the power of “God come down.”

Peace be with you!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

sheryl
Site Admin

The Direct Utterance of God

#11 Postby sheryl » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:38 am

Shabbat Shalom Tau Malachi!

When we speak of the Divine I Am, are we also speaking of Logos, which also has been called Perfect Thunder Mind?

This morning, I have been reading the Origin of Life and cannot help but think of the stories within stories within stories through out the realms and universes of creation - worlds within worlds - when I think of the direct utterance of God.

Can we say that this utterance is what drives and compels all that arises from the Source? And so the Divine I Am is experiencing, playing, within all the stories through out creation?

Lately, the word Eternal has been popping up in contemplations. The outer church interprets this word to be speaking of an Eternal resting place for a soul - either Eternal punishment or Eternal life. This word seems to have a different meaning though, referring, instead of to an end, to this ongoing everlasting play, arising as and through the direct utterance of God, unfolding as stories being played out, stories of becoming, in all the realms and universes. And so joining with Eternal Life is joining in full awareness of these stories as they arise from their Source, able to play in them fully awakened, realizing it is only play, very important play, for the play does not stop until it is 'resolved into its root.'

Eternal punishment then would be ignorance within the play, bound to the play, stuck to the ongoing never ending cycles.

Something you posted on facebook this morning seems to fit right into this contemplation:

‎"Those who have gone astray are those born of the Spirit, and they are usually lost because of the Spirit. So from one single breath the fire blazes and is blackened" (Gospel of Phillip)

Those who have gone astray feels to be speaking of those who are no longer bound to the everlasting play. And might we call the one single breath the direct utterance from God, the speaking at the level of Atzilut? The fire that blazes and blackens, is this not the fires that Yeshua, as the Logos, the Divine I Am incarnate, this utterance of God, came to set ablaze, revealing this world's temporal nature, freeing those bound to its klippot?

This also seems to touch on the power of God come down. When this direct utterance is grounded at this level of creation, it opens the Way, creates a thread of consciousness by which Light, Hua, might be manifest through out the worlds within worlds, affecting, illuminating the play at all different levels.

Thank you for stirring these thoughts this day.

May your Shabbat be abundant with blessings.

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

I Am & the Word

#12 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Yes, the I Am would seem to be the Christos, Logos and Sophia, the Perfect Thunder Mind being the realization of the Divine I Am.

There is a saying from the Gospel of Thomas concerning the Lord and fire.

Yeshua said, “I have thrown fire upon the world, and look, I am watching till it blazes.” (10)

This fire is the Holy Spirit, the gift of the “fiery intelligence” the human being receives.

The Divine I Am, which is Eheieh, corresponds with Keter. Keter is the first emanation from Or Ain Sof, and as such represents the will of El Elyon in creation – the will or desire from which all creation comes into being, and which, conscious or unconscious of it, all creation strives to fulfill. All other emanations flow from this, all may be said to abide in this, and all will return to this – in this play of running and returning, souls, beings, become realized, illumined, awakened.

In the end we may say that all is the utterance of the Divine I Am, though in the midst there is a play of divine, archonic and demonic forces, and all are by no means divine, and so all utterances are not divine.

The utterance of the I Am, however, is understood as the incarnation and revelation of Christ in a world – it is then that the I Am speaks directly; until that time all is, to some degree, indirect or reflective.

May we attain the wisdom of the Divine I Am, amen.

Peace be with you!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Yonah

#13 Postby Yonah » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:19 pm

Greetings!

What I'm hearing is that when the Christos enters a world system - the direct "utterance of the I Am" is finally available. Before that there is only echoes of this. The Christos being incarnation gives creation the ability to find the conscious purpose of creation so that they can trully strive for God's true will.

The Christos brings the Fiery intelligence to the sentient beings of the world and once this flame is set forth it will eventually take hold and blaze. When the world is consumed in this holy fire, the world-wide apocalypse occurs and all that are realized find unification.

Just trying to reword for my own understanding...
Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The Incarnation,The Son of God

#14 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:14 am

Yes, indeed, until the advent of the Messiah there is no direct revelation of God, or Supernal Being, upon the earth, but rather all revelation is indirect, through various intermediaries, such as through angels and luminous spirits. Truly, it is as echoes and reflections, and naturally there is distortion, taint, or corruption, from the influence of klippot, archonic and demonic forces. When the Messiah comes into being and speaks as the Divine I Am, in effect God, Supernal Being, “comes down” and speaks directly to us. Thus, full revelation of the will of God occurs in this way – Gods speaks it, and because God speaks it directly there is no distortion, no taint or corruption in the speaking of the Word.

The Soul of the Messiah is an emanation from Adam Kadmon and Atzilut, the realm of Yichud, and it passes through Beriyah, Yetzirah and Asiyah, the realm of Perud, extending the Supernal Light into all dimensions of creation. At the same time, running and returning, the Messiah draws out this Holy Light from within creation, uplifting sparks and reintegrating them with the Light Continuum. In effect, the Fiery Intelligence the Messiah brings and gives to us is already within us – receiving the gift of the Fiery Intelligence from the Messiah, that Divine Power is awakened and redeemed in us, uplifted and drawn into repose.

This Divine Power is set into motion in order to be brought into repose.

When the Messiah appears in the world there is a vehicle, a conscious agent, to receive and impart Supernal Influx, hence there is a vessel for Supernal Malkut (Kingdom) to pour herself into, so that reaching and reaching-not, finally she reaches, giving of herself in full and becoming realized. The Messiah in turn transmits the spiritual influxes to his Divine Consort and to his disciples, and so the kingdom of heaven and Continuum of Light Transmission are made manifest.

We are also meant to become a vehicle or conscious agent in this way. This is what it means to receive the Word and the Holy Spirit, we remember the Divine I Am within us and so are empowered for a conscious unification.

Moses and various prophets in the Old Testament draw near to this self-realization, but none are able to attain and embody it – only with the coming of Adonai Yeshua is it embodied, the Perfect Master opening the Way and manifesting the Way.

Who else but a Perfect Tzaddik could accomplish this mystery?

Here we may remind that just as Yeshua became the Messiah to this world, so as we pass into this self-realization will we become the Messiah to other worlds – this is the fruition of a conscious agent in the harvest of souls, serving as the Light-bearer, Christ, to realms and worlds of sentient existence. This corresponds with the teaching that to receive in full we must give in full – as we witness with Yeshua Messiah, implanting the Light Seed and setting the world ablaze there is a complete offering of oneself, a complete giving of oneself in whole.

Let us say Hallelu Yah! Praise the Lord for the coming of the Messiah and our salvation! Amen.

Peace be with you!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

sheryl
Site Admin

Giving fully and transparency

#15 Postby sheryl » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:10 pm

Tau Malachi wrote:This corresponds with the teaching that to receive in full we must give in full – as we witness with Yeshua Messiah, implanting the Light Seed and setting the world ablaze there is a complete offering of oneself, a complete giving of oneself in whole.

Greetings my brothers and sisters!

A question arose in reading Tau Malachi's words above.

To be completely transparent, would we not have to give fully what has been received?

Shalom!

Sheryl

Phillip

#16 Postby Phillip » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:17 am

I wonder if this "giving in full" is a giving fully in surrender to what is. Perhaps there are many ideas, and meditations that can be given to portray this, and I think the traditions answers what this is in various interesting ways.

One way that makes itself know in my own experience is the miracle of giving oneself in surrender to the moment, a release of expectations, dreams, hopes and desires in a situation, and simply being in response to what is in the moment, each moment, without resistance, nor with attachment.

I go here with this because I have become aware of how often my fantasies and "good ideas" and "dreams" that my mind enjoys entertaining about myself are really a means of escaping the truth of what is in the moment, and lead to a desire or need to change something of what is to make it "fit" the fantasy. I begin to actually pursue manifesting the fantasy, the ideal, rather than simply abiding in what is and responding to what is naturally and spontaneously happening, utilizing the imaginative capacity for the sake of relating to what is, rather than as a means to change, influence or alter it to fit my fantasies, expectations or desires.

All is the arising of my own energy, my own mind and heart, thus, I can't help but consider, what if my mind and heart are empty? What might arise in this, and how does one abide in this emptiness, even while the midst of forces and movements that seek the manifestation of somtimes strange dreams from all around you? In watching this play it is a practice of purificataion to remain empty and not fall to attachment and aversion and become caught up in these movements of energy, that then become personality, and personal experience and I WANT, and all the activities that flow forth from this.

It may seem that remaining empty in the midst of a play of forces is not a giving, yet I wonder, could it be an awaiting? Awaiting the energy that gives in full, from the fullness of emptiness, letting these plays of energy act to help us to purify our mind and heart, so we can relax more fully into the emptiness that contains this dance of myriad energies

What if I don't have any expectations or intentions for what arises, but simply await a spontaneous arising from this Divine that gives all, resolves all, and perfects all in a natural, spontaneous arising? Is this a surrender that can receive and then give?
Phillip

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”