The One Authority

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

The One Authority

#1 Postby Elder Sarah » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:11 pm

Shalom

In recent examination into the mysteries of the Crucifixion and Resurrection I found a certain contemplation having to do with the word “authority”. In the mysteries, the Christ Bearer is crucified by the governing ‘authorities’, from the outset it appears that these ‘authorities’ gain power through this. Though, we all know, as the mystery plays out, it is through this act of crucifixion by which the resurrection comes about.

When looking into the word “authority” and how it is used in scripture, It seems we can hear two different contexts of this word, one that points to the authority of heaven and God and one that points to the authority of the world. The most intriguing example of the use of the word was found in Romans, where the ‘authority’ of God and the worldly ‘authorities’ are combined as one authority.

Romans 13:1

“Let every person be subject to the governing authorities; for there is no authority except from God, and those authorities that exist have been instituted by God”

This is saying we must regard worldly authorities as the authority of God! This becomes very intriguing and leads to a further insight into what is ‘crucified’ and what becomes ‘resurrect’.

It seems what must be crucified within us has much to do with that which would rebel against the establishment. By rebel is meant that which would condemn the world and its ways as not being of God. A curious dichotomy appears here, on one hand we need to maintain this sense of reverence toward the world and on the other hand we cannot not fall too far into the ways of the world. This balance speaks much of what must be ‘suspended’ upon the cross. In other words, we must be “in the world but not of the world”.

Yeshua gets at this in Matthew 22:21, where the authorities are questioning him about taxes and his response is, “Give therefore to the emperor the things that are the emperors.”

Also,

In Matthew 27:11, where Pilate is questioning him after his arrest;

“Now Yeshua stood before the governor; and the governor asked him, “Are you the King of the Jews?” Yeshua said, “You say so.”

In both these cases we see an example in the Master were he doesn’t fight against, yet he doesn’t fall into at the same time.

In this way, it would appear, if this in us that would ‘fight against’ or ‘fall into’ becomes suspended upon the cross, then what is righteous in us may rise up. What rises up, what resurrects, becomes the Christ within, that which maintains the awareness that there is One Authority, the Holy One of Being. This awareness touches into the awareness that everything is sacred as it is. What an intriguing balance this awareness takes!

Praying to you, Holy One of Being for the awareness of One Authority to dawn across the face of this Great Earth!

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

Anna

Identity in Christ

#2 Postby Anna » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:23 am

Blessings in the Living Yeshua!

Thank you for this contemplation, Elder Sarah. I am hearing a play of Divine identification here, non-attachment and non-aversion. Truly all is sacred as it is, as we hear in teachings, and all is to be received as from our Mother. I love that you draw out this teaching with the use of the word, "authority," for in this world there is much pain and suffering caused by worldly authorities. I am reminded here of Yeshua's conversation with Pilate in John 19:

10Pilate therefore said to him, ‘Do you refuse to speak to me? Do you not know that I have power to release you, and power to crucify you?’ 11Jesus answered him, ‘You would have no power over me unless it had been given you from above; therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.’

Again we are confronted with this idea of authority given by the Father. Here Yeshua is neither identified with the world nor with who he is in himself. He is walking in complete surrender to God's Will, neither attached nor averse to what is transpiring in his life at the moment. He astonishes Pilate by the peace in which he accepts where he is in the moment and what lies ahead. But he also walks aware of the Resurrection, the Great Wonder yet to be enacted in God.

For me this brings out fresh nuances of the verse in Thomas,

Be passersby.

Here is one who is powerfully embodying this teaching! No matter where we find ourselves, it is in our identification with the Christ Spirit that we find the peace and love to abide in submission. This is sounding like a very active "passing by," one which draws us out of identification with who we are in surface consciousness and into the world of Spirit, where there is no suffering or death, where there is only God.

May all beings be drawn into surrender to the Holy One of Being, into our identity in Yeshua, the Light Continuum!

Shalom!
Anna

Phillip

#3 Postby Phillip » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:31 am

I too have struggled with this same contemplation of authorities of the world, for sometimes, as we all know and often have experienced, the authorities of the world behave unrighteously, and often their laws are unjust or at least draw large bold, crude lines that make little sense when looking at individuals. There was a period in my life when I would get an anxiety attack if I watched the news for too long. Not because of all the “bad news” but because of the sheer untruth of it all. Society was a big lie, and it caused me great consternation!

In a sense society and culture and its archons are akin to a cement roller, like those huge trucks that “level out” humanity according to arbitrary standards. Indeed, many individuals are crushed unfairly under the mediocritizing cement roller that is society and culture’s laws and rules. Indeed, those rules are laws are often oppressive and arbitrary, and are often more about affirming the individuals in power than about working for the good of humanity.

Yet as unjust as this is in terms of many individuals, I have also seen the other side of the coin. Thieves, criminals and con artists who thrive on chaos and uncertainty utilize the very same ideology and arguments we would use to critique society. Yet they only want to use those arguments to create bigger gaps in the system so they can exploit and harm more people for their profit.

While it may be accurate to describe social norms, laws and authority as being arbitrary and more akin to stagecraft than statecraft, it is still a very important production, one that participates in the evolution of humanity. I may know that the role I serve as “English Teacher” in society is phony, that the degree I hold is merely a piece of paper and truly holds no special standard of measurement with regards to my intelligence, knowledge or qualifications. I may know that my position and its effectiveness as an “English Teacher” is not defined by any piece of paper, or worldly criteria, yet the production that all of these contexts society has engineered, the College Diploma, the Office of Teacher Credentialing, the District that hires me and it’s Hiring Policies, the Laws and Rules for teachers, schools and students all co-conspire together to generate a certain affect within every classroom. That affect is in essence the generation of a psychic stage.

That stage may be arbitrary, many other possible stages could exist by generating different criteria, but it is crucial that it exist and that there be one, because that stage and how each individual relates and interacts on and with it becomes a location on which human evolution transpires. We can look at the details and elements of the stage, can call many of these details unjust, arbitrary, phony or unfair. We can call the people who monitor and critique activities on the stage (archons) and who generate its rules of behavior arbitrary and unfair, and we can even point at the fact that it’s really only a stage that everyone is treating as though it’s real in a way it isn’t. But without the stage there would be no framework for these discussions, no frame to come to awareness of there being a frame so that its boundaries could be seen and known and overcome. In this sense, it is of the utmost importance that I fulfill my role on this stage with the utmost integrity, for the sake of the evolution of humanity, in service to humanity, yet as a soul of light it is of the utmost importance that I remember myself as merely an actor on a stage and communicate the nature of this insight to those who would hear and know and evolve. Without the stage, however, I believe these discussions and transmissions are impossible on this plane. There are too many competing forces that converge on this plane of being, as seen by the huge variety of people that inhabit it. The archons, as strange and unjust as their leveling, mediocritizing and power grabbing are, seem to generate the “middle ground” on which humanity and spirits can and do evolve, by allowing these diverse forces and individuals to interact on this middle ground.

The purpose of said archons may be to create such a stable “middle ground” because it helps them profit and gain power, but the end that is achieved of this “middle ground” appears to be valued by souls of light for a different reason. But that doesn’t mean that the end achieved isn’t valuable, only that the archons have a different intention in their relationship with the ground they generate than the souls of light do.

So, this is the thinking that helps me remain sane in the play of this world and its stagecraft. I hope it carries some light and truth. Praise the Lord! Amen.
Phillip

Anna

Parental Authority

#4 Postby Anna » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:32 am

Ah, many thanks, Elder Sarah, Brother Phillip, and Ma, for the healing contemplations coming out with this thread on Authority given by God.

It is coming up for me that, when we are children, our parents have this God-given authority over us. However they exercise it, it is usually our first experience of measured love, restricted love, in this world. This is where we likely begin to form protective husks around the heart, the seed hull that guards the Inner Person of Light until its time for development and birth in an incarnation!

Surrendering to this process in faith and love, rather than resisting what is unpleasant among the countless blessings of God- including this life and opportunity for growth- is possible when we come into contact with greater love than we had experienced before. This also can play out with religious and educational authorities in our youth, or any person who is given authority over us at any time in our lives. But it seems, in my life, that the authorities have had the most influence in my most vulnerable times.

I am seeing the husk as not only protecting, but also pushing us out on a mission for the tikkune of our soul, searching for love- and often for me, anyway- in all the wrong places! Without this push, this idea that there is love out there for each of us, how would I or any of us have begun the spiritual search? If I had been satisfied with measured love how would I have been led to a Lineage of Light Transmission, where I am discovering love without measure? Praise God for all that has transpired in my life! It seems every shade and shadow has pointed to its opposite, Light and Love Immeasurable!

I see my worldly family, the church in which I was raised, the schools in which I was educated, the institutions in which I have worked, very differently today. I see a pattern that has woven me into who I am in myself, so that I might seek who I am in God. In this Light of gratitude and Love, forgiveness is the way into deeper experiences of the Christ Spirit. Letting go of fear and resentment seems the ultimate act of Spiritual Selfishness! And as I am empowered by the Spirit to let go, is there not also liberation for those who have been bound with me in this play? I pray for the tikkune of all souls bound up in negativity, that all may know the Boundless Love in Messiah! Amen!

Shalom!
Anna

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Divine Heirarchy, Authority & Power

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:35 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

I’m taken by this contemplation on authority, and the lovely insights that have been posted. To some, words like “authority,” “hierarchy,” and such, have negative connotations for various reasons, whether because the power indicated is abused and used in an unjust and oppressive way, or because of the envy and jealousy of the ego of one who wants that power but does not have it. In either case, interestingly enough, if it is negative, it is on account of the ego and self-grasping, not the power itself, for the abuse of power, or jealousy because of another has power, is all a play of the ego and self-grasping. Authority, hierarchy, and such, can be completely positive, as with any power, material, psychic or spiritual, it is all a question of whom it serves and what is done with it. Is it used to serve the desire to receive for self alone, or to serve the desire to give? Is it used to benefit oneself and others, and to serve the kingdom of heaven and God, or not? Authority, hierarchy, or any power, in and of itself, is neither positive nor negative, but rather what it becomes is determined by what is done with it and whom it serves.

I find it very interesting when individuals approaching Christian Gnosticism, propose that “Gnosticism,” or a “Gnostic community,” should be ruled by “anarchy,” and that there should be no recognition of authority or hierarchy whatsoever. That is a very severe misconception, and does not accord with True Gnosis (Enlightenment). It is interesting, because anarchy corresponds with the rulership of the demonic realm, and is the path to chaos, darkness and destruction; it is the rally cry of servants of the Other Side, not Christ and God, the True Light. The truth is, there is God given authority, or knowledge and power and dominion, and there is a metaphysical structure, or hierarchy, in creation, though by this I do not mean the klippah, or husk, of “patriarchal hierarchy,” which is an impure or distorted manifestation of authority and hierarchy. If we study and contemplate Gnostic texts, this becomes very clear, and more so, as we progress in the Gnostic experience, and so progress in knowledge and understanding of the Gospel of Truth.

In terms of the metaphysical hierarchy, let us contemplate the Tree of Life and the manifestation of the Sefirot, Divine Attributes, through the Olamot, Universes. To begin with, there is an inmost and outermost, or “highest” and “lowest,” Sefirah, with eight gradations in between. At the level of Atzilut, the Sefirot manifest as Names of God and Partzufim, direct emanations of God’s glory and power – Or Ain Sof, the Light of the Infinite. At the level of Beriyah, the Sefirot manifest as archangels, and at the level of Yetzirah they manifest as orders of angels, and at the level of Yetzirah they manifest as celestial intelligences and spirits, and elemental intelligences and spirits. This is the metaphysical structure, or hierarchy, of the Divine within and behind creation, or that forms the Great Matrix of Creation, and it is through this that all comes into being and becomes realized.

This Divine Hierarchy is in harmony with Ain Sof, the Infinite, and expresses Ratzon Elyon, the Will of the Supreme, and serves El Elyon, God Most High. Thus, it labors for the fulfillment and realization of all as it is in God, or for the enlightenment and liberation of all, for its root and its action is in the Pleroma of Light and God, the True Light. In this hierarchy, at each level, there is righteous authority, knowledge, power, and dominion, that are God given, and that serve the kingdom of heaven and God.

This same Great Matrix of spiritual beings-forces, or powers, also has impure and distorted manifestations, which correspond with the dominion of the klippot, the Other Side; hence, the realms of archons and realms of demons, or undivine and anti-divine spiritual forces. In general, the archonic, or undivine, corresponds with the manifestation these powers in the service of self-interests and selfish ambition, and at times may serve the divine, at others facilitate the demonic, or neither, all as serves its own self-interest. Then there is the demonic, the manifestation of these powers for the generation of pain and hatred, and destruction – in great madness or insanity, as we witness with great evil.

Look and see, and understand! There is one source and begetter of all authority or power, Ain Sof, the Infinite, and the manifestation of the Infinite as El Elyon, God Most High; and all authority and power is the manifestation of the Divine Authority and Power represented by the Holy Sefirot, but in the dominion of the klippot, the archonic and demonic realms, that authority and power is manifest in impurity or distortion, out of phase, or out of harmony, with the Divine Will. The fundamental cause of this is the illusion of separation, the ignorance, which gives rise to self-grasping and self-will, and the play of desire and fear in self-grasping. Nevertheless, though, all authority and power, and dominion, comes from the Most High and is derived from God, the True Light; the authority and power of all has its root in God, the One Being-Consciousness-Force, whether manifesting as divine, archonic or demonic.

All authority and power is God given, and the hierarchy of authority, knowledge and power, and dominion, is established in God; the question is, having authority, knowledge and power, and dominion, what will souls or sentient beings do with it and whom will they serve? The very same authority and power that is given can be manifest in a divine, archonic or demonic way, and when given authority and power, so we also have free will and we must choose whom we serve and what we do with it.

As spirits and souls, or sentient beings, are in God, they are all equal, but as they are in themselves, and as they are in the Matrix of Creation, they are not equal, but rather they exist in a hierarchy of authority, knowledge and power, and dominion, clear so! Who, for example, would argue that a flea and an angel have the same authority and power? Clearly, at this point in space and time, and evolution, they do not! And so it is from one spirit or soul, or sentient being, to another; all have different authority, knowledge and power, and dominion, all as ordained by El Elyon, all according to the karma, or evolution, of that spirit or soul, or sentient being. Such is the nature of the Great Matrix, and in a certain respect, this is also true in the Pleroma of Light, for as we know and understand, there are countless gradation of Supernal Consciousness, expressing the truth of Ain Sof, the Infinite.

Aside from the question of what we do with the authority and power given to us, so there is the question of how we relate with and interact with the authority and power given to others, and how we move within the hierarchy of authority, knowledge and power, and dominions. The more conscious and skillful we are in how we relate and interact with the authority and power given to others, and the more skillful we are in how we move within the hierarchy of authority, knowledge and power, and dominions, the more we will find our own authority and power increasing as it becomes joined with that of others, and the greater our prosperity and success and happiness will be. Although in the Living Body of Christ we serve in the Divine Hierarchy, so in this world we must interact with the archonic hierarchy in the wisdom of skillful means, but as we do so we seek to uplift and restore archonic powers to the service of the Kingdom of God. In a similar way, in this world we will also encounter the demonic powers and need to respond with skillful means.

Our aim in all of this, however, is to be conscious agents of Christ, or Christ-bearers, Light-bearers; extending the Light of the True Cross, according to the authority and power given to us, through all our interactions and movements within this Great Matrix, or “Great Hierarchy.”

Essential to this is learning to live within and the generation of the Sacred Heart, the love and compassion of the Holy Mother and Christ, for it is through love and compassion, and the desire to give, and to facilitate the prosperity, success and happiness of others, that this Holy Light is made to shine for all to see.

If authority and power is used in love and compassion – the desire to give, and with wisdom, it is good and true, and it is very luminous.

The principle of Divine Authority is, in fact, a significant teaching among Gnostic Christians, for our authority and power comes from Christ and God, and through Christ very often we are given the authority to move great power in the Matrix, drawing upon those Divine Powers that are within and beyond the Matrix of Creation. In order to engage in great revelations and the movement of great power in the Matrix, however, we must receive divine authority and divine permission; in other words, it must be God’s will, ordained by El Elyon, otherwise we will abide waiting upon the Holy Spirit, until the authority and permission, or call to action, is given. When there is a true call to action, so we know we will be established in it, and the knowledge and power will be given to us to accomplish it.

The truth is, our aim is not authority and power of this world, or in this world, but rather our aim is the realization of the Divine Authority and Divine Power of Christ and God, and the manifestation of the Kingdom of Heaven on earth. Whatever authority and power is given to us of this world and in this world, with it we will seek to manifest a greater good in this world, and will seek to serve the Kingdom of Heaven and God. In that all authority and power comes from God, with whatever authority, knowledge and power, and dominion, that might be given to us, on any level or of any kind, we will offer it to God and seek to serve and glorify God. In this, whether authority and power of heaven or earth, spiritual or material, it is all the same to us – it’s authority and power given to us by God, and we will serve the Kingdom of Heaven and God with it.

These were some thoughts that arose that I was inclined to share.

Peace be with you, and God bless you – May the blessings of God rain out upon all!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

BrandonLw

Hierarcy

#6 Postby BrandonLw » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:13 am

“Yeshua said, Let a person of wealth rule, and a person of power renounce it.” Thomas 81

After reading and being with the contemplations within this post, I am beginning to see how authority and hierarchy are the matrix in with blessings flow to reach all beings. Surely, there is righteousness in order. In my time as a classroom teacher, I have witnessed that it is my charge and responsibility to lead the class, most specifically by tending a guardianship to the tone and activity in the room. When this leadership is accomplished correctly, the classroom takes on a safe feeling and then an exploratory atmosphere arises as the students are willing. Without this tending, I find the tone of the room will default to the lowest common denominator, and students will isolate themselves from the classroom matrix and instead withdraw or vie for power in a new pecking order. I recall this experience as a student as well; it is anxiety-making to be in a space in which the assigned leader does not lead. This is simply an example of wordly authority in education, but I imagine it shines some insight into the phenomenon of hierarchy.

When Yeshua speaks to let a person of wealth rule and a person of power to renounce it; it hear a message to allow authority to exist, and to allow it to shift and change. There is good in letting an unwilling leader step down from power, and there is good in recognizing the responsibility and efforts behind any good leadership. Any matrix is a co-creative act, so surely any hierarchy. When we are on both sides of any position of authority, we see how truly co-creative the dance is, and rather non-personal.

May we find our heart open in the midst of all things.

Shalom!

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The Divine Heirarchy

#7 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:02 pm

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

“Let a person of wealth, and a person of power renounce it.”

Ah, in this there is great wisdom! First, whatever wealth we have, and whatever authority and power we have, let us understand that its root is in Keter, the Supernal Crown, and that it comes from El Elyon, God Most High. If we understand this, we will give praise and thanks to God for all that we have received, and we will bless and consecrate all that we have received, uplifting it and offering it to God. When we uplift and offer what we receive to God, so it is restored to the Kingdom of God and to the Holy Crown, and it belongs to God, and is set into the service of all; it belongs to God, and is taken up by the Spirit of God, and so whatever we receive is received for all and benefits all, not just ourselves alone.

If we know authority and power are given by God, and belong to God, then we will hold and wield them in sacred trust, loving God and loving our relations with all that we receive and have to offer. This is righteous authority and power, and righteous hierarchy, one that is not rigid and linear, and bound up on the ignorance, but one that accords with the kingdom of heaven, which is to say accords with unity and love, not divisiveness. The example of a classroom is perfect in this, for the purpose of the teacher, and their authority and power, is for the sake of their students, not themselves, and this reflects divine authority and power, for its purpose is the deliverance of souls from sorrow and suffering, and their enlightenment, it is not simply authority and power for oneself. When authority and power are used as Christ teaches us it is righteous, but as you point out, in faith and love others must agree and give way, and it is a co-arising, for agreeing and giving way, so authority and power can be shared by all together, if and when there is faith and love, and unity.

When we speak of the Divine Hierarchy, it is not the archonic hierarchy so common in the present darkness, or ignorance, that rules this world, but rather it is a hierarchy founded upon the awareness of the Sacred Unity underlying all, and founded upon the awareness of the Pattern-That-Connects (Christ) and the complete interdependence and interconnection of all; hence, it is a hierarchy of love and service, and self-offering. In this regard, consider the seven heavens and how souls are established in them. As the soul ascends, from one heaven to another there is an experience of greater light and love, and the greater the love and service, or self-offering of a soul, the further that soul is able to ascend through the heavens. This is the expression of the Divine Hierarchy, and in this we may understand the teaching of Adonai Yeshua, the “one who is the servant of all is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”

This is reflected in the Perfect Tzaddik, Messiah Yeshua, who washed the feet of his disciples and who gave his life for his disciples, renouncing his authority and power, offering it to the Living Father, and later giving that authority and power to his disciples in the upper room in the resurrection. Having received full Divine Authority and Power, but humbling himself and bowing down, and offering it up, so he is exalted, and so to the extent that his disciples bow down and engage this self-offering they are also uplifted with him through Divine Grace.

With whatever wealth we receive, of any kind, or whatever power we receive, of any kind, this is our aim and noble ideal – it is our intention in Christ. It is not always easy in this world, however, for with the influence of the archons and demons so prevalent in this world there is much divisiveness and strife, a struggling or battling for authority and power in self-cherishing and self-will, at times even among those who call themselves “spiritual.” Thus, having authority and power there are always those who wish to take from it or assault and rebel against it, and likewise, in the midst of the fray there is the great danger of the misuse of authority and power, or some sort of intoxication with it. The solution, though, as Christ teaches us, is in the offering of all wealth and power, or authority and power, to God, and letting the Spirit of God take it up; in this the ignorance and strife is brought to and end, at least within us.

There is much to be said of the Divine Hierarchy, which is established in love and unity, for as we see with Adonai Yeshua, if and when there is full faith and love, and full self-offering (a renouncing, or giving of one’s wealth and power), then the authority, knowledge and power, and all of the dominions of the Divine Hierarchy, are gifted to a soul; whatever authority, knowledge and power is needed for a soul to fulfill its mission, so that soul will receive it from God and the angels. If one becomes acquainted with tzaddikim and maggidim, or “saints and angels,” and entertains their communion in the Living Body, one swiftly discovers that it is their desire, and purpose, to share with us whatever knowledge and power is in them; in our communion with them, if we abide in the love of Christ, we will find that their knowledge and power becomes our own, and that they walk with us – God is with us.

The Divine Hierarchy does not exist to keep all knowledge and power to itself, but rather for the sake of blessing and empowering, and giving knowledge and power, and all spiritual and material bounty, all for the sake of the enlightenment and liberation of souls, and the glorification of the Most High (Elyon).

With whatever wealth and power, or authority and power, we receive and have, can we serve one another and love one another with it, and so love God in this way? In so doing we will live like the angels of God, for that is what the angels do with their authority, knowledge and power, and dominion – they serve others and serve their God.

These were a few thoughts that arose in contemplating your insights you shared dear brother.

O El Elyon, in the Blessed Name of Yeshua Messiah we pray, may the Holy Intention of Your Divine Hierarchy be fulfilled, and may all living spirits and souls be gathered into You, Atoh. Amen.

God bless you!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”