The True Vine

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

The True Vine

#1 Postby Elder Sarah » Sun May 18, 2014 9:28 am

Shabbat Shalom Tau Malachi and friends!

In studying the teachings of Yeshua on the True Vine found in the Gospel of John a certain pattern of contemplation can be noticed.

I am the true vine and my Father is the vinegrower. My Father removes every branch in me that bears no fruit. Every branch that bears fruit he prunes to make it bear more fruit. You have already been cleansed by the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me. I am the vine and you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing. Whoever does not abide in me is thrown away like a branch and withers; such branches are thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask for whatever you wish and it will be done for you. My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit and becomes my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; abide in my love"

In the beginning of this verse there is a difference made between the branch being "removed" verses "pruned". The branch that bears no fruit must be "removed" while the branch that bears fruit must be "pruned". To remove the branch is to take it back to the vine completely, while to "prune" is to take the branch back to the most reliable place it might shot forward more growth. These two movements and there difference speak much of the knowledge of what must be "removed" in us, and what must be "pruned" in us. I am curious to hear what more may be said of the these two words, "pruned" and "removed"?

The Master makes it clear that the whole point is to bear more fruit, not take from the vine without giving back. In saying, "You have already been cleansed by the word I have spoken", it feels as though he is getting at the cleansing as the pruning. Saying, the pruning is essential to the journey. He also makes it clear the pruning is to "Abide in him", that without this abiding, there can be no "pruning", perhaps only removal?

The sequence noticed in this verse becomes intriguing. It seems three essential statements are made, "I am the true vine and my Father is the vinegrower", "Abide in me as I abide in you" and "I am the vine you are the branches". To feel the flow of these three together begins to paint a beautiful picture. The Father as the vinegrower says all is in the Father, the Father is cultivating this creation, this evolution. The direction to "abide" in the vine says, the intention of this creation is to come to the awareness of the inseparability of the vine and the branches, our source and the out flow of the source. The Messiah as the "vine" speaks a way has been opened, one only needs to surrender and walk that way, join in the great work of the vine. Become the vine.

May the Light and Love of Yeshua Messiah be received this day!

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

Brother Brian

Re: The True Vine

#2 Postby Brother Brian » Mon May 19, 2014 6:20 am

Shalom Elder Sarah

With this contemplation that has been brought up one cannot help but to think what this would look like as it manifest in God’s children. It brings to mind the story in Numbers where God tells Moses to lift the serpent up on the poll and all who will look will not die.

It brings to mind how miserable we can become when we orient our desire and energy toward things outwardly that we come to believe will give us peace, hope and satisfaction but in the end we just want more and never satisfied.

To those in the scriptures that did look inward and upward they experienced the utmost peace and joy. I think of Yeshua and all the times he was ridiculed and made fun of and those on the outside thought he was having the most terrible time ever but we know Yeshua had this presence that was oriented inward, upward and that no matter what kind of hell we was suffering he stayed connected to this presence within to this vine. All the pain and trials he went through seem to be the pruning that brought him closer and closer, one with Abba.

I think of John the Baptist as well. He proclaimed this message of going inward and upward and found himself to be locked up in prison which seems only magnified this energetic message of returning to God. I wonder if this experience brought John ever so closer even as being one of the greatest Tzaddik’s ever to walk on this earth?

The story of those in numbers that fell because of their stubbornness to look up at the serpent on the pole seems to be an example of removed. Their own misdirection of desire and energy removed them from the vine. These things come to mind and I can’t wait to see what more can be shared from Malachi and others.

Shalom
Brother Brian

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

#3 Postby Elder Sarah » Tue May 20, 2014 9:08 pm

Shalom Brother Brian,

I am enjoying the ideas you mentioned regarding "removed" and "pruned". I hear in what you are saying that pruning always leads to a greater becoming. Interesting to draw upon Yohanan and his experience of persecution. Yohanan was a character certainly not afraid of where his passion would carry him! We see this passion expressed again and even more with Yeshua and the whole movement of the crucifixion. It is curious, a branch that is continuously pruned and tended over time becomes the vine, so too, we can see these Holy Ones, who take up the work in full force and in passion experience much pruning. I am taken to where Yohanan speaks to the Pharisees, "Bear fruit worthy of repentance." If we can hear "repentance" as a "return", perhaps we can hear the word "prune" synonymous with "repentance". In this way, a statement that one must be worthy of pruning. In this we can hear something spoken in Hebrews (12:5-6);

"My child, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, or lose heart when you are punished by the Lord; for the Lord disciplines those whom the Lord loves, and chastises every child whom the Lord accepts"

The story in Numbers of the Bronze Serpent and the re-direction of desire energy is very applicable to all of us in the movement of coming into being. Desire that goes haywire, outward and not directed toward God this does need pruning, and if it is something that does not have a founded root in the Divine Life, perhaps then it needs a full removal. In other words, there are some things worthy of pruning while others need removal, though, at the same time, there are some things we try to remove that simply need pruning. Perhaps this speaks of the growth and development of self-knowledge. As we see in the Master and in other Holy Ones, it seems this self knowledge ultimately leads to a complete self offering, where, what is removed and what is pruned is done so in accord with the Will of God. Yeshua says,

"No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven, the Son of Man. And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up."

While I have heard different interpretations of this verse, here perhaps we can interpret the descending as venture into this exact mystery of pruning and removing and through this venture an ascent is made possible.

These were a few thoughts that came up upon contemplating the insights you shared.

May we be willing to your pruning Holy One of Being!

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

Brother Brian

#4 Postby Brother Brian » Wed May 21, 2014 1:36 am

Shalom Elder Sarah

I really am enjoying this especially what was stated when it was wrote “The story in Numbers of the Bronze Serpent and the re-direction of desire energy is very applicable to all of us in the movement of coming into being. Desire that goes haywire, outward and not directed toward God this does need pruning, and if it is something that does not have a founded root in the Divine Life, perhaps then it needs a full removal. In other words, there are some things worthy of pruning while others need removal, though, at the same time, there are some things we try to remove that simply need pruning. Perhaps this speaks of the growth and development of self-knowledge. As we see in the Master and in other Holy Ones, it seems this self knowledge ultimately leads to a complete self offering, where, what is removed and what is pruned is done so in accord with the Will of God.”

The development of self-knowledge brings to mind the teaching on the Four Servants. Those things within each of these four servants. (Fire, Air,Water and Earth in consciousness). How we must actively engage and co-labour to manifest positive character traits with each servant for if we do not engage they will overtake us.

It brings to mind the saying if there is not an dominant dog in the pack then one will try to become that dominant energy. That is why it is so important to be connected to this vine (indwelling Messiah) that teaches and baptizes these energies (branches) into something useful for the Kingdom of Heaven and why we must co-labor to prune or shift these energies into something positive.

It comes to mind something I experience that must be pruned. When arising every morning during the work week my first experiences of the morning time are dear to me and very energetic but as soon as I start my morning venture of going to work and arriving at work it feels like I have no sleep and become very tired and sluggish. This could very well be something that needs pruned or shifted. Can this very sluggish (Earthy) energy be pruned into something that is very energetic and used for the Kingdom of Heaven? I think so, for it leads me to start with the mentalities that arise when going to work and witnessing what these mentalities do to energetic, physical being.

This is just one example of many things in the garden that need cultivated and worked, pruned for progress in the gospel. The more pruning we witness and engage in the more this Light can spread and have its full effect upon the people and land. May we all actively co-labor and go upstream against the current so this Light of Messiah within may shine so bright to all beings.

Shalom
Brother Brian

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Daughter Branches

#5 Postby Elder Gideon » Wed May 21, 2014 7:33 pm

Shalom Elder Sarah, Brother Brian!

I am the vine and you are the branches.
(John 15:5)

I'm astonished by all the places your contemplations are running. Quite wonderful!

As I prepared a post for another topic, I could not believe the synchronicity, discovering a mystery upon which Rabbi Shim'on plays in Zohar. The double-meaning of words in Hebrew don't translate in English, one unbelievable example of which is בָּנוֹת, banot, daughters, which also means branches. If I was a Hebrew-speaking person hearing Yeshua's teaching preached, I might hear another sentence: "I am the vine and you are the daughters."

Where daughters go in Kabbalah is endless. Daughter personifies us, Malkut, before becoming aware of the Indwelling Messiah, Tiferet. Meeting and uniting with Tiferet is the reception of the Light Transmission, the Bridal Chamber, when Daughter becomes Bride and Bridegroom becomes Son. The consummation in our soul is by way of Yesod, an extremity of Tiferet. I hear the Master teaching, "I am Yesod and you are Malkut."

From the Vine is generated all fruit, made more fruitful by the Vinedresser: the Father. I'm hearing that what is unreal, klippot, the Father cuts off. What is real and coming into actualization, the Father prunes to cultivate and refine. When the fruit is understood in feminine, birthing terms as the harvest of souls of a growing community of light, then branches-as-daughters takes this verse from John to places I've never heard before. Praise be She!

May we bear your good fruit, Holy Vine, we who are your branches, Daughters of New Jerusalem.

Elder Gideon

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

#6 Postby Elder Sarah » Sun May 25, 2014 8:02 am

Shabbat Shalom!

Elder Gideon and Brother Brian, I hear much synchronicity in what both of you are drawing up, a very beautiful swirl!

In the mention Brother Brian of the dominate dog I am taken to an experience I had when I hired a dog trainer for my new puppy. The trainer expressed the need to enact the role of the "Alpha" with my puppy, that, a dog needs a master, and without a master the dog will automatically take up that role. He also expressed that really and most commonly a dog doesn't want to be alpha but will take up that role when nobody else is willing. This experience astonished me as I heard it as a teaching to ourselves and our ego. Perhaps, ego doesn't really want the role to be in charge, though, will take it up if we aren't guiding and directing where we want mind, thoughts, and actions to go? The conscious direction and guidance feels like nothing more than a gentle reminder of what we truly desire.

What a beautiful connection Elder Gideon regarding "branches" and "daughters"! I hear so much in this. To begin, and connected to the dog analogy, I hear, the "branches" who are "daughters" could be the automatic arising of desire energy. In meditation we can see and endless swirl of arising without end, perhaps connected to the teaching of Ain Sof, "the infinite without end". This can be seen in the endless nature of thought, that it arises continuously, one thought after another. This is completely natural and endless. Perhaps we can contemplate this endless arising as "branches" and the endless quality of growth. To hear this also as "daughters" says a new mystery of Nukva. This feels as the dog without an alpha, a branch with no awareness of the connection to the vine, a wave on the surface of the ocean not knowing it is connected to the whole of the ocean.

I am drawn to Song of Solomon with the contemplation of daughters. Throughout the song a continuous play between The Beloved, The Bride and the Daughters can be noticed. Perhaps we can hear this as The Vine, The Branches aware of the connection with the Vine, and the branches unaware. With this in mind I can hear some of the verses in a different way;

I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, if you find my Beloved, tell him this: I am faint with love" (Song of Solomon 5:8)

"His speech is most sweet, and he is altogether desirable. This is my beloved and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem." (5:16)

In both of these verses there appears to be a guidance to the daughters from the Bride directing toward the Beloved. This raises a new question, Can we say the Daughter must become first the Bride in order to join with the Beloved? In the union then, pruning would be akin to cleaving, a cleaving toward the beloved that both directs toward and cuts away what is not useful.

Perhaps, in this Brother Brian, a new way can be heard in working with energy. As you shared in your example going to work, maybe, it is simply a matter of breaking down the walls of compartmentalization we can tend to build. Seeing all energy as the Beloved, seeking to join with the Bride who knows this and relaxing the "branches" or "daughters" into the yearning for union. This yearning is perfectly stated in "His speech is most sweet, and he is altogether desirable". What if all thought, all desire is directed toward this? In this way, what is work and what is home, what is our spiritual life, and what is our material life? All of these are in the vine!

On this Holy Day of Shabbat may all who are moved arise to desire the Beloved!

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

sheryl
Site Admin

#7 Postby sheryl » Sun May 25, 2014 5:59 pm

Shabbat Shalom, dear Brothers and Sisters!

I pray that this is a day of delights for all!

Something new is being heard in reading what has been shared, something that perhaps we can say is speaking of transcendence. Praise to Abba Imma for these delights.

Elder Sarah taught saying:

What a beautiful connection Elder Gideon regarding "branches" and "daughters"! I hear so much in this. To begin, and connected to the dog analogy, I hear, the "branches" who are "daughters" could be the automatic arising of desire energy. In meditation we can see and endless swirl of arising without end, perhaps connected to the teaching of Ain Sof, "the infinite without end". This can be seen in the endless nature of thought, that it arises continuously, one thought after another. This is completely natural and endless. Perhaps we can contemplate this endless arising as "branches" and the endless quality of growth. To hear this also as "daughters" says a new mystery of Nukva. This feels as the dog without an alpha, a branch with no awareness of the connection to the vine, a wave on the surface of the ocean not knowing it is connected to the whole of the ocean.

In reading this, it comes to mind that we are speaking of consciousness. Perhaps we can even say that desire is not something that we have, but something that we are? Ratzon, Will. I believe elsewhere in teaching about the Bride and Bridegroom, the Bride is called Awareness and the Bridegroom, Energy? And so our true self is the joining of Awareness and Energy, consciousness?

What is so striking in this thought is that it is without name and form. Daughters are the branches of awareness throughout creation. And so when we speak of purification, of walking the path, it is not name and form walking the path, being purified, but the consciousness that is embodying the name and form. This may seem like a trivial thought or distinction, but it is shifting all contemplations.

And so the vineyard is matrixes of consciousness, each plant representing a singular community of budding tzaddikim around a Holy Light, the complete vineyard being the Matrix of Light.

I will be grateful for any adjustment or correction to these thoughts, as Mother Wills.

May all branches connect with the True Vine!

Sheryl

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

#8 Postby Elder Sarah » Tue May 27, 2014 7:28 am

Shalom Sister Sheryl!

I think you are correct in saying "perhaps desire is not something we have but is something we are". We are indeed bundles of desire energy pouring fourth from the Razon of El Elyon. If I have heard the teaching correctly we attribute Bridegroom to awareness and Bride to energy. Bridegroom being the awareness within and behind all that arises and Bride being the dance of energy arising. In a state of separation, energy arises without awareness, I believe this can be contemplated as Nukva, Daughter. When energy is joined to awareness, this is Bride, for a Bride is really not a "Bride" unless there is the Bridegroom.

I can share an experience that once brought much understanding of this mystery. There was an experience in Light Continuum, where while in ceremony there was a noticing of energy, that all that was being witnessed was energy and specifically barriers and walls were broken down. Where one body began and where another ended was indistinguishable. In the room, one particular "section" of the energy stood out, and this was the "section" where Tzaddik was. In and around the presence of Tzaddik was a different kind of energy or swirl of arising. Not as though Tzaddik was separate from all others in the room, only the swirl in and around Tzaddik arose at a much faster vibration. What was different? was the question that arose. It became clear,what was different was this "swirl" of energy was AWARE of all that was arising and was actually participating in a conscious way with what was arising, hence joining Bride to Bridegroom, Daughter becoming Bride. This was stunning to me and Praise God to witness this presence!

I share this to point to this great mystery, that, most of the time, beings are not aware of the energy that is arising, hence, a branch that just grows and grows taking from the vine though, not aware of the connection to the vine. Where Yeshua says in this verse, "Abide in me as I abide in you", he is teaching, to become aware of the Light Presence that is within and express this without, hence become a conscious co-creator rather than an unconscious co-creator. All that arises is a result of where our thoughts, minds, speech and action goes, become aware of this and perhaps the will of the Most High, Razon El Elyon can be expressed within and through!

May we come to you, and know our abiding within you Hayyah Yeshua

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

sheryl
Site Admin

#9 Postby sheryl » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:59 pm

Shabbat Shalom, Dear Elder Sarah,

Much gratitude and praise to She who gifts us with this sharing!

We are all blessed in the telling of your vision.

Yes, as I was reading your post, I could see the swirls of energy, without awareness, as the branches of the tree which are cut off. It is so simple! Be aware! Yet it is so easy to remain asleep - even fall back to sleep - in the psychic energy of this world.

Something Apostle Paul teaches comes to mind:

"...but everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for everything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says,

'Sleeper, awake!
Rise from the dead,
and Mashiach will shine on you'”

Hallelu-El!

May all beings know the True Vine. Amen.

Gratefully,

Sheryl

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”