Rega

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

Rega

#1 Postby Elder Sarah » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:12 am

Shabbat Shalom,

Greeting in the dance of the Holy Shekinah!

Wanted to share a stirring contemplation that has arisen over the past couple weeks regarding the opportunity to pause, the opportunity to re-direct and the opportunity to turn toward God.

The teachings speak of a quality called Rega, which means pausal moment, suddenly, instant or space. Rega is spoken of as the smallest possible measurement of time, being but a fraction of a second. This is a quality found is the material realm which allows a duration of time for things to play out, a pausal moment before actual materialization occurs. Within this duration of time souls are allowed the opportunity to turn and repent, therefore causing a different outcome than would have otherwise arisen. Rega has both positive and negative attributes in the way it plays out in the material realm. On the positive side, as has just been said, it allows space and time for beings to change their minds and turn, which can potentially shift the outcome. On the negative side, because of this time span, beings here can have the tendency to forget the original intention.

Rega shows up in scripture in a number of ways, following are examples of just a few;

Psalm 30:4-7

Sing praises to the Lord, O you faithful ones, and give thanks to the Holy Name. For the Lords anger is but for a moment; the Lords favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with morning.

Isaiah 54:7-8

For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with great compassion I will gather you. In overflowing wrath for a moment I hid my face from you, but with everlasting love I will have compassion on you says the Lord, your Redeemer.

Ezra 9:8

But now for a brief moment favor has been shown by the Lord our God, who has left us a remnant, and given us a stake in the Holy Place, in order that our eyes may be brightened and we may be granted a little sustenance in our slavery.

Psalm 6:10

All my enemies shall be ashamed and struck with terror; they shall turn back, and in a moment be put to shame.

Looking into Psalm 30 a certain dynamic involved in Rega can be seen. Notice the mention, "The Lords anger is but for a moment". While, "The Lords favor is for a lifetime."This brings up a teaching of Rega that points to the Mercy of the Lord, and that really, all is Mercy. We may experience moments of hardship, but in the bigger picture we abide in the Mercy of the Lord. What if we can see all experience here as a series of moments put together? In this way we can see a very fluid and flowing reality capable of shifting moment to moment day to day. This fluid flow is all predicated upon what is happening in the smallest increments of time, Rega.

The example found in Isaiah says something similar to what is being said in Psalm 30, though, here the ideas presented in Psalm 30 are elucidated even further. Notice "For a brief moment I abandoned you", in contrast with the duration of compassion pointed to, "With great compassion I will gather you".How beautiful to hear a gathering in attributed to compassion, as well as an expanse of time! Here too we can see how all is occurring in these brief fractions of time, Rega, and in this way there is always possibility for change, for shift into a larger view, a view of expanding compassion.

In Ezra we see a bit different connotation. Here we find a conversation of respite associated with Rega. That, "For a brief moment favor has been shown by our Lord your God", and that, "We may be granted a little sustenance in our slavery."This points to the brief moments of rest or peace we can experience in the midst of trials and tribulations, in the midst of pain and suffering. For example, when we look into pain itself and how it manifests in the body we can see instead of a constant experience of pain it actually cycles through becoming more or less intense. We can see the same phenomena in mourning, instead of a constant it really comes in a wave like motion, giving moments of relief in the midst of grief. This too points to Gods Mercy!

In Psalm 6 yet another angle of Rega is given. Here there is a direction toward the possibility in any moment to shed negativity. "In a moment be put to shame".In any moment, that which we struggle with in consciousness can shift. When we look into negativity and how it manifest in mind we find the actual power of is its endurance, its ability to nag on and on and continuously spin like a dog chasing its tail. Really, to break its cycle it merely needs a shattering, and it is the breaking of the cycle that dissolves it! This too is found in a split moment, in the smallest fraction of time, Rega.

Taking the exploration above into consideration let us now return to the idea presented in the beginning of this dialog where it was mentioned Rega is a quality that allows a duration of time to play out before manifestation, Rega is a pausal moment. Now, looking toward the ideas spoken of we can see how all of these examples, however they may differ, have much to do with ways in which we may participate in the shifting of outcomes here in the physical realm. The power of Rega is really a power that inherently expresses the law of the physical realm. If we can then become aware of how this principle really works then we have then been given the key to become a conscious co-creator in all that is transpiring! We then can walk with God, aligning ourselves with creator in the midst of creation. How powerful!

May we walk with you, Holy One, and your Torah, enacting sanctuary, enacting your everlasting compassion, Amen.

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

Mark

Re: Rega

#2 Postby Mark » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:59 am

Shalom Elder Sarah,
Thank you for this teaching of Rega. Since first hearing of Rega in the Chat last Tuesday, I have had opportunities to practice applying the teaching, specifically in the way you describe as
"...a direction toward the possibility in any moment to shed negativity." I am able to find moments of relief in the pause that invites the Spirit to guide and assist. I feel this is one of the most important teachings presented here and the practicing of this awareness will continue to be a blessing.
May we feel the mercy of God in each sacred pause,
Mark

Bevan

#3 Postby Bevan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Shabbat Shalom Elder Sarah,

I too, with Mark, thank you for this teaching.

I have a few thoughts that have come from contemplating Rega.

Here is a computer analogy. We've seen the message, "Are you sure you really want to delete this file?" Once we make the decision to proceed, the file is gone (if we have not put it in the Recyle Bin). If we didn't want to delete the file, our work and time is lost. The consequence is that we will need to go back and recreate it. In Rega, I understand that a moment of verification can uplift and save us.

Also, it seems Rega keeps me from being bound by guilt, thinking that I am a prisoner to the negative patterns in my life. It shows me that because of God's mercy every moment is a possibility to change.

What is it in us that triggers this awareness to pause and consider? I suspect it needs to become an unconscious process within us. What is our role in this dance?

I thought of a New Testament passage that appears to refer to this concept:
Be careful then how you live, not as unwise people but as wise, making the most of the time, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5:15
If I am aware of my choice to pause and change, I can become wise to the demiurge and archons.

Blessings to you,
Bevan.

p.s. I also appreciate the interpretation key in the passage from Psalms of "enemies" as negative thoughts. This makes me want to read through the Psalms with this reference in mind.

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

#4 Postby Elder Sarah » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:36 pm

Shalom Brothers!

Greetings in the grace of the Holy Spirit!

Mark, I enjoy your pointing to the "Mercy of God in each Sacred Pause". This makes me think of the meaning of Sacred, which is to "set aside", to "make holy". I hear you mentioning pausing leads to a consciousness that can view all things as Sacred. We hear everything we experience here is light, the material realm being a very solidified form of light. Sometimes so solid, we forget it is light! It appears we must "set aside" often to notice the place from where all is arising. This also reminds of how we might work with Sacred Objects. We set these object aside, we purify and consecrate these items, making them sacred, making them holy. As we have developed a consciousness that can do this with sacred items, we then begin to span this into all things. So that, we might even take a moment to purify and even baptize and anoint a new car, or a new piece of clothing etc. If we look into what we are doing in this action, we are pausing and taking a moment to tell ourselves, "I am going to deal with this object in a sacred manner". This becomes a very powerful practice!

The computer analogy gets at this contemplation very well Bevan. "Do you really want to delete this". great question! Rega is speaking of an awareness that is sure in all that we do, therefore maintaining our original intention. You are right, that which triggers this ability in us needs to become a pattern set in consciousness. Perhaps in part, this pattern can be encouraged through spiritual practice, through meditation. Practicing meditation teaches a pattern to the subconscious, a pattern that has the ability to be still in the midst of whatever is happening. Also, a pattern that can observe what is happening through withdrawing for but a moment from what is happening. The beauty is, our subconscious with take up any pattern we tell her we what, we simply need to be consistent with speaking our desire.

I enjoy very much the verse you drew out from Ephesians. I will have to contemplate more what might be meant by "because the days are evil" this is a very powerful statement! "Making the most of the time", speaks to me an idea of how much time is passed when we don't notice the sacred moments involved in all time! In a way, we have "more time" if you will, when we notice "more time", more moments, all the moments that when threaded together paint the picture of time.

These where a few thoughts that came up from both of your ideas, thanks for the dialog.

May we be blessed to notice the time you have made, Holy One of Being!

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

In a Moment, in the Twinkling of an Eye

#5 Postby Elder Gideon » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:44 pm

Shabbat Eve Shalom!

I'm taken that Elder Sarah found the word rega in her biblication citations above. I've long desired to know where and how to find this fascinating word in Jewish scriptures. Now it's present and available for us to further contemplate. Praise our Lady who speaks inspirations!

Then two will be in the field; one will be taken and one will be left. Two women will be grinding meal together; one will be taken and one will be left. Keep awake therefore, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But understand this: if the owner of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an unexpected hour (Matthew 24:4-44).

In the Greek New Testament, רגע will not appear, as this principle is specifically Hebrew. I'll have to spend time with the Hebrew Gospel of Matthew someday to see what Hebrew words and meanings fully transfer from the Old Testament in this Hebrew-written Gospel. Connotations similiar to that of rega appear in Greek words translated from 'instant', 'hour', but what seems the nearest to rega appears only once in the word 'moment':

Listen, I will tell you a mystery! We will not all die, but we will all be changed, in a moment [atomos], in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed (1 Corinthians 15:51-52).

Atomos is an indivisible unit with an attribute to time. Perhaps this is the nearest to rega. What is certain, however, between rega and Jewish and Gentile believers of the first and second generations of Christianity, is that they took very literally and imminently the Second Coming of Yeshua at any moment, in any instant.

Millennia later, to literally expect this as at Y2K, when all hotels throughout the Holy Land were booked years in advance and the Israeli police had to prepare for immense crowds of pilgrims all expecting to be beamed up from the Mount of Olives with Jesus, is immature. Mature faith in this mystery understands rapture at any moment as an internal event, one that is not so public or obvious to everyone else. In a word: Light Transmission.

I can bear witness to the Presence in my Tzaddik, Tau Malachi eben Ha-Eliyahu, that when and how I'd least expected the return of the Lord--Light Transmission--a tremendous shift flashed within and all around me after the Shabbat meal. Our conversation prior seemed almost as a mundane interlude in the history of Asian atrocities during WWII and suddenly, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, a transfiguration of everything ignited from within. What was seen, known, and felt, is to be shared another time. What I know of the Second Coming is that it transpires suddenly, indeed like a thief in the night. If anyone else was physically there, they might see or know nothing different, while for me, directions, time, and space and all other reference points had all collapsed and dissolved, leaving only Awareness itself in which to abide.

As with all of the Perfect Master's teachings and their outer, inner, and secret dimensionality, so with the teachings of the coming of the Human One: something for which we must be ready at any hour, when we least expect. The outer relationship with the Second Coming is speculative, by faith; the inner is tapping into this same principle beyond words, by experience; the secret relationship with the Second Coming is exactly as it's spoken, by a direct awareness too simple and literal to explain to another. All this to say, to what the dogma points is so much more literal: When one least expects, as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Human One (Matthew 24:27).

Our Early Christian forebears held this literal wakefulness throughout their journey in The Way, knowing their life in this world to swiftly pass as last night's dream before the power and glory of Messiah. The gap between this life and the afterlife, Entirety and Pleroma, Perud and Yihud, is just this, an indivisibly small gap in consciousness, a rega, whose mystery lives in our very generation by the merit of our Tzaddik, an Apostle of the True Light.

May we say in our hearts, I Am this perfect Day-of-Be-With-Us:
In us is a light that does not fail
(Gospel of Truth).

Elder Gideon

Brother Brian

#6 Postby Brother Brian » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:06 am

Shabbat Shalom

Thank you Elder Gideon for sharing this experience and Elder Sarah for sharing this teaching. Mother Spirit was speaking last Shabbat discourse to me about the frozen light our eyes behold within our surface consciousness and within the discourse this was brought out when it was spoken about the limitations of our physical eyes compared to that of a microscope. Now we have the means with using this high-powered microscope to know and witness that solid objects are not solid at all.

Take a piece of wood and place it under these types of microscopes and we can witness that this solid piece of wood is not solid at all. I really appreciate this short video about how small atoms are and the empty space within it. http://youtu.be/yQP4UJhNn0I

I love how this teaching of Rega can lead and open something within us (internal rapture) that does not depend upon the physical eye of the human which can only range of 390 to 700nm but directs us to the teachings and experiences of our ancestors and teaching of our dear Tau of the present. They tell us over and over that this can be experienced within when we sit still and experience silence and keep our contemplations upon Supernal themes and let go of the negative solid thoughts and ideas that keep us chained to only experiencing reality from our physical senses. This can create an opening up within to explore a presence that we can enter and experience higher senses of consciousness within the true nature of being.

I would really appreciate if more can be shared about Rega and this principle of Keter (rapturous union) that we all have the capacity to experience and also how can we apply these teaching’s when one experiences this too better serve to uplift and help the people and land. If and when we expereince this how does this effect our gaze upon one another? Can we any longer just view one another from the surface? Can we witness Messiah within everyone and everything? How does this change one’s reality?

When we gaze upon one another may we experience one another not from just the capacity of our physical limitation of vision but witness one another as we are in the Light continuum, a bornless Child of the light.

Shabbat Shalom
Brother Brian

sheryl
Site Admin

#7 Postby sheryl » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:49 pm

Shabbat Shalom Dear Brothers and Sisters!

Thank you for all for sharing these keen insights. I am in awe of the teachings and depth of rega - the pausal moment! Praise to God whom deems it fit to gift us with such blessings!

In contemplating the sharing on this thread, it came to mind that rega is wakefulness and thus is the journey of return, hence it's discussion can take us into a multitude of directions.

From what Elder Gideon has shared, perhaps we can say that rega is potentially the point of the entrance of eternity, into time and space - the place where heaven and earth can meet. With Divine Potential, anything can arise in any moment, a new creation - the manifestation of increasing potential.

The principle of rega seems to have been touched by this quote encountered today by Viktor Frankl:

“Between stimulus and response there is a space.
In that space is our power to choose our response.
In our response lies our growth and our freedom.”

We are blessed when such experiences of full Light Transmission can be shared! Thank you, Elder Gideon, and praise to our Mother. If I am hearing you correctly, this is the fulfillment of the potential in rega - in the pausal moment, reaching into the ground, the Source from which all arises, and bringing in a direct influx of Light, the Kingdom of Heaven manifest upon the earth, and raying out into all realms and universes connecting the two.

Hallelu-El! Praise to the Holy One!

May all be blessed with a direct knowing of the Kingdom of Heaven.

With gratitude,

Sheryl

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Born of Flux

#8 Postby Elder Gideon » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:48 pm

Shabbat Shalom Friends!

Many thanks this day of rest, of pause, of Shabbat. By remembering and keeping this, Hashem promises life this world and in the World That Is Coming!

Where Sheryl brings forth a beautiful point, insightfully quoting Victor Frankl, reorients a question raised by Brian. Rega must be remembered as an attribute of Malkut. This is vitally important. Where is Malkut? Everything co-arising as this moment. As I've shared earlier this month, it is called a Depth of Evil for its complexity and opacity and myriad assumptions. Until one is ready, Malkut provides a most compelling display of whatever illusions a fixed observer chooses to impose upon it. Wise people, ancient and contemporary, observe that we're actually interacting with what we're imposing upon, and expecting from, our experience. There is only subjectivity.

A waking dream for most, Malkut is what is matrixed into manifestation. When one is ready, however, they may slowly become lucid at times in this great dream; they may even awaken from the dream altogether. This too is Malkut! How this lucidity becomes wakefulness begins by our most introductory practices: the Silent Witness and Primordial Meditation; the space, the pause, comes only by a cultivated capacity to remember, to be aware of it. This alone is the gate to all other sefirotic layers comprising Malkut. Tau teaches us incessantly: "Go within. Go deeper still, and open to the light from above." There's no end to within.

By growing our awareness of the gap, we come to choices we didn't used to have. Former patterns we accepted as 'normal' or 'reality' are actually ones we come to learn were formed unconsciously. As we make new practices out of our growing awareness of the gap, our life will literally change from the inside out. The world will not have changed, and yet it does. Even the past will not have changed, and yet it has. You see, our relationship with everything is a function of will, of determination, of desire and identity. With what I identify is what I most desire.

This practice of tracking the gap between thoughts is literally moment to moment. When we watch the texture of thoughts and emotions through a day, we'll see that the spaces we find ourselves in are linked by a series of internal doors, gaps, through which we've willed ourselves to pass. It's no different than a web search. To veer at any point over some hours in an inquiry is to find oneself somewhere so unexpected. How did I end up here? So with thoughts and emotions. They are literal, energetic gates. If some take us where we don't want to go, then by Will, we must choose to what space we wish to internally go.

If you're hearing this, we're dancing around principles of Keter. There's neither entering nor discussing Keter, rather Da'at, which our lineage names the Depth of Now. It would be reasonable to assume Depth of Now with all we've said of Malkut as the co-arising of everything and such. However, "Now" is not quite the now I'm imposing on this moment in my experience. The Depth of Now as I'm understanding it, is far wilder, transcendent of my sensorum and cognition. The very time it takes for my physical sensorum to process the input, the Now of now has passed, the Moment of the moment has gone by, the Gap within the gap is crossed.

To bring this home in conclusion, going within, going deeper still, and opening to the light that is above, is practicing the simple awareness of the gap. In so doing, a relative comfort begins to form as an identification with the gap. As awareness tracks the transitions between thoughts and emotions, much more volition, will, is cultivated in cooperation with Reality As It Is. To move with Reality As It Is, without looking back, is to be willing to be in flux, in endless transition. Ironically, this is what Kabbalah calls Depth of Good. To unite with God is to be consciously in flux, steady in transition, awake while flickering in and out of existence. This is neither poetry nor metaphor, as I've seen and bear witness on many occassions to my Tzaddik, a Righteous One, literally appearing and disappearing:

What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Flux is flux. Do not be astonished that I said to you, “You must be born of flux.” The flux forms where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Flux. (John 3:6-8)

Elder Gideon

sheryl
Site Admin

#9 Postby sheryl » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:09 pm

Shalom Elder Gideon and Friends!

I greatly appreciate how you have extended rega into a contemplation of the Depth of Now. Praise to Abba Imma!

I am hearing something new in what you are sharing, that can be better elucidated with something that arose last night in dreamtime. Gratitude to the Giving One.

My daughter has been healing and resolving internal conflicts. This has led to an arising of nightmares at night. So while falling asleep last night, giving and receiving was practiced with the intention of invoking resolution for her. By Grace, a dream arose where she and I together encountered every type of horror that might arise in dreamtime. We found our way to a higher spot, where we could look down upon what felt to be the destruction of our world, but it all now felt more like an amusement park. As we paused, I believe something of rega arose, with layers of remembrance unfolding. The first remembrance was that this was just a fluid dream that could be changed, then it was remembered that by will the dream could end, or, a higher dream could be invoked through devekut and kavvanah, and then, the intention was remembered, Katherine, and the thought arose that perhaps something of her could be connected with in this moment, and so in gazing upon her image there was a heart to heart communication, and words shared about a choice she had - either ending this dream now, or we could walk through it together, now empowered as we faced all the monsters and chaos. The face gazing back at me seemed to light up in an awakening moment and the energy holding the dream in place dissolved and I woke up.

Gratitude to the Holy One for this and all experiences that deepen our journey and understanding.

In contemplating this with what Elder Gideon has given us, perhaps we can say that the pausal moment is the beginning place? Going deeper and going deeper still is going deeper into the gap? The Now of now perhaps encountered at the depths of the gap? It feels that there were many layers of depth that could be found in the dream told above that were not ventured into.

The teachings given to us through our Elders has been given life in this experience. Rega is the place of Spirit, the place of Flux the place of Power. It is the place of awakening, the place of giving and receiving, the place of wonderworking. And I am wondering if we can also say that rega is the place where eventually the doer stops and Christ enters in?

Any clarifications, corrections, or additions to these contemplations will be received with gratitude.

May all beings find that place of pause, going deeper within and deeper still.

Sheryl

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Restore us to our Root

#10 Postby Elder Gideon » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:46 pm

Shalom!

The Savior said, "All natures, all formed things, all creatures exist in and with one another and will be resolved into their own roots. The nature of matter is resolved into its nature alone. Whoever has ears to hear should hear."

Peter said to him, "Since you have explained everything to us, tell us also, what is the sin of the world?"

The Savior said, "There is no sin, but you create sin when you mingle as in adultery, which is called sin. That is why the good came to be with you, to enter the essence of each nature, and to restore it to its root."
(Gospel of Mary, adapted by Barnstone and Meyer)

Your questions are much appreciated, Sheryl. In responding, I'm hearing a synthesis of many principles I'd never quite focused before in rega. We know it's a pause, a gap, an indivisibly small unit of time. What comes between us and this simple, naked remembrance are self-imposed barriers, complications: a story. "The beginning" with which you're associating rega feels spot on the mark. To have, and identify with, a historical beginning suddenly frames and limits what will be.

Tau is teaching us year after year that our tikkune is in our transcendence. This might easily be misunderstood, oversimplified in a way as to suggest an even religious hatred of the body. This couldn't be further from the truth. The point of transcendence is absolutely necessary to consciously evolve.

Do you recall that before the Creation, Teshuva was fashioned first? The point of this is very sublime. I've long heard that this Teshuva, return to God, is far beyond any revival of religious zeal. Rather, Teshuva is to action what neutral gear is to a stick-shift. Amidst all decisions and actions, there's always an unaffected zone or ground which makes everything else possible. As I up- or downshift gears, it is always by way of neutral.

In our midrashim, our oral tradition teaches that when Lord Yeshua proposed to the Magdalene, she humbly refused, on account of her former sins. How did the Savior respond? That woman of whom you speak is not here now. This is perhaps among the most sublime midrash of all. What is it saying? While the past for most is present for many reasons, conceiving otherwise seems impossible. Teachings on rega say the opposite, that who and what we are don't have to default to what we karmically assume and expect. Something else is present all the while, unconditioned by the past and therefore the present.

How can Yohanon preach repentance, teshuva, if it weren't already a present reality? An analogy of rega in reality for now, reminds of the fine, black line between frames of motion picture film. Pictures in film dominate its celluloid material, while they're surrounded and evenly interspersed with non-picture. In other words, there's something else--nothing at all--interspersed between our thoughts and emotions. Let's call that gap of any possibility rega.

So, without having spoken of a beginning, perhaps another path into your question is instead of the space that allows sudden, unexpected, sometimes undeserved change. The teaching from Talmud that Teshuvah precedes Creation supports this. Feel then the relationship between Teshuvah and rega? Not every soul will take the gap for its opportunity to consciously return to God, not yet. Still, the window, the gate, the door into such a return exists simply and always in the now of now: rega.

Restore us to our root!

Elder Gideon

Phillip

#11 Postby Phillip » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:51 pm

Two principles of Rega stand out to me in a delightful contrast. The first is that of the quality of time, the gap between idea and manifestation, between what occurs on spiritual and astral planes and the ‘time delay’ of manifestation. The second is this principle of “suddenly” which simply as the two words exist seem to convey contradictory points. The first principle of Rega seems to imply a density that slows down, that delays and restricts, the second conveys a sense of immediacy, an idea of unexpected immediacy. I think this polarity in contemplating the principle of Rega in itself is quite compelling and may point us in the direction of the principle of Rapture, specifically a catalyzing principle which may be a part of Rega that brings about radical transformation, even of the flesh in the case of Yeshua Messiah, Mother Mary and various Tzaddikim from various traditions all over the world, called in Vajrayana, “attainment of the rainbow body.”

Firstly, to examine this idea, an important teaching I received on the principle of Rega has played in my recent contemplations, where Tau Malachi taught that the reason for the substantiality of the physical world, it’s density and subsequent intensity of experience, sensory experience, life, death, physical experience, is a product of the material plane as a convergence of all other spiritual realities. In a sense, it’s density is a product of the incalculable myriad layers of dimensionality that overlap and converge to manifest the material plane. We see this when we contemplate the Tree of Life for instance. The glyph itself alludes to this as all of the path converge upon the middle pillar ending with the ultimate convergence in Malkut. This idea is developed in some depth with contemplations of the principle of reaching and not reaching until there’s reaching. To refer to this teaching in some depth, please see the included link to this teaching: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2573&hilit=reaching+and+not+reaching

But to summarize for the sake of continuing our contemplation of Rega, the principle of reaching and not reaching until there’s reaching proposes that each of the Sephiroth generate the one below in a wave-like play and the completion of the full movement for each Sephirah is dependent upon the Sephirah below generating another Sephirah. This creates a problem for Malkut - it is the ‘end of the line’ which similarly is problematic for Yesod, not allowing either Sephiroth to complete it’s cycle. While we know that the principle of time is generated by the play between Hokmah and Binah, I believe this principle of reaching and not reaching that leaves Malkut and Yesod incomplete participates in the play of Rega.

Time may be established in principle in Hokmah and Binah, but in Yesod and Malkut, the flow of time plays out, as Yesod draws all of the energies into itself and, according to the Sephir Yetzirah, “purifies” these influxes. What is “purification” in this context? I believe in this case, we can say, Rega. Rega in this case is the play of a cacophony of energy intelligence converging in the astral from Supernal, Spiritual and Astral Planes, the will of great spiritual forces, Angelic, Archonic and Demonic all converging with and producing the wills of countless individuals, and their imaginations and machinations. Within this immense swirl of contradictory and competing forces and realities, there is the plane of manifestation. This convergence both gives this physical plane its substantiality, but also the limitation of time in it’s most extreme manifestation. In this physical plane, only one thing can occur at a time. Only one action can be taken at a time by each individual, one word at a time, one breath at a time. This in itself and the tension between this convergence of the spiritual cacophony in Yesod and the limitation of what can manifest in the actual moment to moment reality of time in the physical plane in itself is a “purifying” force. Amidst the cacophony, only the strongest idea can come forth into manifestation, and in the physical plane, the “valley of the shadow of death” only the strongest ideas can last and survive for any length of time since they must be taken up in a continuum of action, and remembrance.

Yet within this manifestation of all realities into a convergence that makes up the very substantiality of the physical plane, there is also manifest a unity that is quite interesting and implies a secret unity with Keter, from which the diversity emerges. In Malkut, however, this some totality is displayed moment to moment in an illusion of separation, separation by time and separation by individuals, rather than all time, simultaneously all individuals as one. Rega, then seems to point to both an illusion of separation to me in this contemplation, which creates a gap between thought and manifestation, me and other and ‘today’ and ‘tomorrow.‘

Yet, in the play of influx of Shefa and Ruhaniot the illusion of separation begins to dissolve, as thought begins to manifest. There is a kind of revealing of the nature of reality to consciousness manifest in individual incarnations, as their own thoughts, desires and urges are entertained in thought/emotion and then drawn into manifestation. In this ignorance of this illusion of separation, it seems like there is also this forgetfulness, a cleaving to this and then that, and thus an inconsistency in what is carried in thought and emotion. This very phenomena may very well participate in generating the phenomena of Rega.

As we hold first one desire, then another in our hearts and minds and move this way and that like a reed upon the sea or a leaf upon the wind, this cacophony of contradictions creates competing forces on the Astral. What can manifest? Nothing, of course! The degree of our fitfulness and inconsistency in mind and heart may very well determine the pace of Rega. Is there a long or short pause between thought and manifestation? This is not only an interesting idea in considering the individual, but in the play of the astral amongst many individuals, most of whom are not in accord, or if so, only in opposition to another group of individuals - war, politics, competition. What can manifest in such an Astral environment? In a sense, the Astral can become like congress, in it’s opposition unable to manifest anything at all with a long delay between thought and manifestation because we are in such conflict and contradiction.

Yet, the flow of Shefa and Ruhaniot continues, moment to moment the physical plane enters into manifestation. What is manifest in such a play but the play itself? War, conflict, destruction. We can do this as peoples amongst one another, and we can do this within ourselves, manifesting the internal conflict outwardly in self-destructiveness or radical misfortune.

All of this is a contemplation of this principle of density in Rega, creating the pausal moment. Yet what about this principle of “suddenly”?

What if an individual tends to the resolution of these polarities within themselves, strives and succeeds in perceiving through the illusion of duality day to day, moment to moment? I am reminded of what makes substances more dense, what makes vibrations more dense. It is a long distance between the two extremes in a wavelength. As the two poles of a wave come together in a vibration, the frequency of the vibration rises. We know about this in the teachings, as we resolve conflict within us, we resolve it in manifestation, and we operate more efficiently and effectively in the world. Perhaps there is less of a gap between thought and manifestation also, since we are clear in our desires as well as efficient in enacting the means and methods necessary to manifest our desires, and don’t waste energy undermining ourselves.

Now, since this can be done with our internal conflicts and contradictions, lets consider this great convergence of spiritual forces that come together to creates the “density” of the physical dimension. What could happen if a being entered this physical reality who knew that this plane were a convergence of great spiritual planes and were able to not only perceive them, but was able to bring them together in recognition of their fundamental unity. Heavens and Hells were seen and known as here and now, and could not only be seen in their own reality, but here, and in a fundamental unity. But, I don’t think seeing this in the physical world would be the same as seeing this upon going to the Heavens and the Hells and seeing them. You see, we know in the teachings that these planes as they are in their realms are very distant from one another. Here, however, they converge and combine creating this physicality, this substantiality. Therefore, I wonder if seeing this reality within the physical world would be akin to a fusion reaction, but in a spiritual context, thus a contemplation of the term “suddenly?” I wonder if the very thing that makes this plane "dense" and "slow" to manifest and "resistant" is also the very factor that makes it radically catalytic to the soul and to consciousness? Is it possible that one in awareness in this plane, realizing the convergence of so many realities existing in the same place AT THE SAME TIME in a realm where time is so compacted creates the right conditions and environment for radical catalytic possibilities that would not be possible otherwise, given one who had the eyes to see and the ears to hear?

May the Lord Bless us to be uplifted unto our transcendence and manifest our transendence. Amen.
Phillip

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Uncertainty

#12 Postby Elder Gideon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:33 am

Shalom Brother!

"Therefore, I wonder if seeing this reality within the physical world would be akin to a fusion reaction, but in a spiritual context, thus a contemplation of the term “suddenly?” I wonder if the very thing that makes this plane "dense" and "slow" to manifest and "resistant" is also the very factor that makes it radically catalytic to the soul and to consciousness? Is it possible that one in awareness in this plane, realizing the convergence of so many realities existing in the same place AT THE SAME TIME in a realm where time is so compacted creates the right conditions and environment for radical catalytic possibilities that would not be possible otherwise, given one who had the eyes to see and the ears to hear?"

What a marvelous insight you've articulated between what rega slows and accelerates in our existence! Praise God! It's completely delightful and inspired! How much I love the Word and Wisdom in my friends!

I hear in your contemplation an essentialization of two axes in the Tree of Life. As you've already cited the dimension of time spanning Hokmah and Binah, Depth of Beginning and Depth of End, respectively, I hear in a new way what you're elucidating as what Tau Malachi has lately called the dimension of spirituality spanning Keter and Malkut, Depth of Good and Depth of Evil, respectively. All of the layers of which you're speaking, beings-forces, realms of heaven, earth, or hell, and all the mentalities they mediate and are, span this middle line through the Great Tree. What is Good is similar to Ain Sof Or: consciously changing in ceaseless flux. What is Evil is dissimilar to Ain So Or: unconsciously changing, resistant to flux.

As we really can't talk about Keter anyway, being the principle of every potentiality and possibility as simultaneously real, we can only talk about something of its essence sequenced in time between Hokmah and Binah as Da'at: The Depth of Now. Being the greater reality beyond and behind that makes 'now' possible, this Depth of Now still eludes the physical experience of now. As photons touch my desk and hands and keyboard, they've already traveled seven minutes of a light year from the sun; this speaks nothing of the same photons' very, very long trip in time bouncing off each other to break through the surface of the sun, nor does this describe the thermonuclear reaction producing these photos at the sun's core, nor the movements of the sub-atomic particle world before the reaction, back to the Now of now. As physical photons of sunlight are a very layered event in time, so I hear you speak of the many layers and nows compressed in our experience of rega in Malkut.

Remember when Tau teaches in Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ of the principle of Certainty and Uncertainty? I adore this. To Da'at is attributed the principle of Certainty, and to Keter is attributed the principle of Uncertainty! When Keter turns towards Ain Sof Or, Da'at, Certainty is in effect. As I push on this, Da'at is Knowledge, yes, but of what? The Law, in every sense of the word: Super-Symmetry, Revelation, the Path of Return, Cause-and-Effect, even "The Way Things Are." Your exploration of the layers upon layers slowing and compressing reality into our inevitable sequence of experiences in time are rooted in this unalterable Law, this Da'at.

What then of the Suddenly throughout scripture that interrupts what is certain? How is this, but that Keter turns away from Ain Sof Or and Uncertainty is in effect. What Uncertainty looks like to me in my experience is everything inexplicable, miraculous, and impossible. In a word: Grace. I hear Grace as even more than Mercy or Loving-Kindness (Hesed), for it is undeserved favor. There is no mortal effort that equals a movement of Grace. While we labor below to be similar to God's attribute as Hesed--loving and kind and generous--Grace will always supercede and exceed what we've ever done to welcome it. This is how I've come to hear the Uncertainty of Keter as Absolute Mercy: Grace.

Where your inspired contemplation runs then, brother, is up and down this Moral Dimension, between Keter and Malkut, what Tau is calling the Spiritual Dimension. If Time is an axis between Hokmah and Binah and Space is three axes between Hesed and Gevurah, Tiferet and Yesod, Netzach and Hod, then are you yet hearing hearing the Spiritual Dimension as the Fifth? How beautiful! Praise God! The fifth axis is the Fifth Dimension which we contemplate in our lineage as the principle and person of Tzaddik. The element of this is Space itself. In the element of space is how all of these mentalities and realities compress and slow time into sequential experience under Certainty-Law while allowing catalysts of Uncertainty-Grace. The question always is, "From what space?"

From what space one is aware or not is a matter of their intimacy with its transitions. Here is my favorite mystery of all: Every transition is in, and from, Ain-nothingness. Between thoughts, heartbeats, breaths is a gap of nothingness. The essence of this gap is where Ain overlaps with, and is, Space in its purity. This is so obvious, so common, so everywhere-all-of-the-time, that it is a secret. Somehow, it is in this Ain, Uncertainty revealed in every transition, that Certainty is suspended. Basically, we sit in spiritual practice to become more and more intimate and comfortable with transitioning, for to identify with Uncertainty in transitions in between Certainty as thoughts and emotions is to have more conscious access to the Uncertain, gracious Suddenly undeserved.

Because of Uncertainty, there is a time for everything under the sun.

Elder Gideon

sheryl
Site Admin

#13 Postby sheryl » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:22 am

Shalom Dear Brothers and Friends,

I am awed at what is being shared. Praise to Infinite Wisdom, Understanding and Knowledge!

Tikkune is being heard in a new way - tikkune is opening to the manifestation of Uncertainty. What swirls this is creating in mind, especially when we consider a past teaching from our Tau redefining tikkune as embodiment. Attachment and grasping at certainty - or perhaps what can also be called Law or history - is an obstacle to embodiment! And so then can we say that transcendence is in part letting go of certainty?

Other thoughts are arising but it feels prudent to begin another thread for they seem to be swirling around the upcoming Feast of the Apocalypse

One question though for clarification. As the point of Potentiality entering into actualization, is the principle of rega then gates, doorways?

Praise to Imma Gadol who deems is fit to bless us with understanding!

Sheryl

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”