Living in Wisdom

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

Living in Wisdom

#1 Postby Elder Sarah » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:43 pm

Shalom

Blessings in the Grace of the Holy Mother!

In community this last Shabbat we discussed a beautiful verse spoken by St. Paul his letter to the Ephesians (5:15)

"Be careful then how you live, not as unwise people but as wise, making the most of the time, because the days are evil. So do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. Do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery; but be filled with the Spirit, as you sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, singing and making melody to the Lord in your hearts, giving thanks to God the Father at all times and for everything in the name of our Lord, Yeshua Messiah."

In discourse we discussed many ideas of the right use of of time and the will of Adonai within this use of time. We discussed our view of time and the work of discovering where we are each called to use our time. I feel though, we just barely touched the surface of this verse. This verse contains a beautiful depth in which perhaps much more can be drawn out.

In particular, there is a certain part of this verse that stood out and was just barely explored. St. Paul speaks, "making the most of time, because the days are evil".If it is the Mothers Will I would be very interested in an exploration of what might be meant by saying 'Because the days are evil"?

Perhaps one view might be the idea that corresponds days with the potentially endless cycles of the Gilgulim. This brings to mind Psalm 39:4 where David speaks "Lord, let me know my end, and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is." Here, it sounds as if David is speaking of a certain knowledge that would come with the understanding of how short this life really is, that we have a very limited time here. I do though recall a teaching in the tradition that hints at the "end of days" as being the eternal day, the Shabbat. Also the end of "days" hinting at the primordial, what is before creation. If I recall correctly this reference is at times spoken of as "The day of be with us". The end of "days" verses the eternal day is a beautiful reference to the "One who never sleeps". It is very interesting that directly before the verse quoted above St. Paul speaks, Sleeper, awake! Rise from the dead and Christ will shine on you".

This becomes a very beautiful and subtle mystery!

May we awaken in you, Holy One of Being!

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

staroath

Re: Living in Wisdom

#2 Postby staroath » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:08 pm

Shalom!

Wonderful and very deep contemplation! In an effort to help those not familar with Day of-Be-With-Us, like myself, I will post this from Tau.

Tau:
"On the one hand, from the perspective of space-time-consciousness the Day of Be-With-Us is a future event associated with the fruition of the Second Coming of Christ on earth; the Reception of the Holy Bride. On the other hand, from the perspective of eternal-consciousness, it is a present reality that can be experienced in any moment if we are able to become open and sesitive to it. Indeed! As the cycles of initiation of the Light-transmission unfold and we enter into a deeper unification with the Light-presence, and thus enter fully into the Light-continuum, we experience the Day of Be-With-Us as a ever present reality here and now. " End Quote

There seems to be a play of timeless- eternity and time-eternity, perhaps pointing to the "days of evil" being completely outside of this awareness.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Blessings,
Star

sheryl
Site Admin

#3 Postby sheryl » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:42 pm

Shalom Elder Sarah, Sister Star and Dear Friends,

Praise to Mother Spirit for this teaching!

It caught me at a time when I was considering just hanging out, resting, because the week thus far has been so full of labor. But reading what Sarah and Star shared, has brought a new intention.

In looking at another translation of the teaching from Ephesians, something lovely is being seen:

“Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,
And Christ will give you light.”

See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

Redeeming the time! What delightful contemplations this brings.

The Greek word here translated as redeeming is exagorazō which also is said to mean by payment of a price to recover from the power of another, to ransom, buy off. And so it comes to mind that Apostle Paul is calling us to another aspect of our labor of tikkune - to redeem time, perhaps to even liberate time.

What can this mean, to redeem time, to liberate time?

Tau Malachi in the Shabbat Discourse spoke about looking for what is good and true, finding Adonai. And Elder Sarah pointed out that Paul's teaching ends with calling us to give thanks. These actions of being awake, and also those of finding joy, of enacting the three roots - knowing that God is with us, seeing the good in all things, and remembering our transcendence - is this liberating or redeeming time?

And if we consider The Day of Be With Us, and what Sister Star shared of Tau Malachi's teachings, perhaps we can say that though the redeeming of time will be a future event, with the fruition of the Second Coming, and also something experienced also as a present reality in moments of Light Transmission, it is also an ongoing labor that we can engage in any moment?

Also the Greek word translated as evil, ponēros, is said to mean full of labors, annoyances and hardships, adding to this new hearing of Paul's teaching.

Is he not saying that using our time wisely is finding joy in the moment, uplifting the moment with the Three Roots, seeing Adonai? And so if we have had a strenuous few days, perhaps an evening of giving thanks, of seeking Adonai in all that has transpired, is laboring to redeem time!

Praise Adonai for these teachings and insights!

May all beings seek and find what is good and true in each moment!

With gratitude,

Sheryl

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Days of Evil

#4 Postby Elder Gideon » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:50 am

Shalom Sisters!

Remember your creator in the days of your youth, before the days of evil come, and the years draw near when you will say, ‘I have no pleasure in them’ (Ecclesiastes 12:1).

I'm most grateful for all you have drawn out. Contemplations of time are ceaseless for me, as I watch every day of my existence bringing me closer and closer to what the rabbis call "strict judgment", meaning death, when my time's up.

Stepping further from what Elder Sarah's quoted from David, Lord, let me know my end, and what is the measure of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is (Psalm 39:4), days of evil take me to several places. Rabbis draw from what David is praying two ends in consciousness at the moment of death, end of the right and end of the left. They are distinct by how aware or unaware one is at the moment of death. End of the right is a conscious return to the Holy One; end of the left is an unconscious return.

The consciousness throughout one's life will mirror one's death. This principle of consciousness itself integrates all of these mysteries together when we recall how its fifth dimension in the Tree of Life spans the Depth of Good (Keter) and the Depth of Evil (Malkut). A conscious return to the Holy One reminds me of likeness and similitude to the Holy One: Depth of Good. An unconscious return reminds me of distortion and contrast to the Holy One: Depth of Evil. Days of evil reveal one's end on the left because of the Depth of Evil, the qlippot of Malkut with which one has mistakenly identified throughout their life.

What is rah רע evil about such days unconsciously wasted in the qlippot of Malkut is for the suffering, bondage, and 'food' one metaphorically has become to archonic and even demonic beings-forces. If I am unconscious of any transcendent reality beyond myself, I am a battery in this matrix, a food supply of emotional and even physical energy for everything I'm not. How all of this is transformed and therefore transcended is by my honest inquiry, day after day, into the source of this all within and ever beyond me, redeeming me from oblivion.

It is time to act for you, O LORD!

Elder Gideon

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

#5 Postby Elder Sarah » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:37 pm

Shalom this Shabbat Eve Sisters and Brother!

Enjoying very much and giving praise to the Beloved for where you all have taken this exploration.

The swirl of discussion here sends me many places. First, to express gratitude Sister Star for the teaching from Tau Malachi you included regarding the "day of be with us". That is a very subtle teaching and needs a bit more diving into! swirling this idea of awareness of the eternal within time-space with Sister Sheryl's inclusion of the "redemption of time" I watch an arising that points very much to Elder Gideon's sharing, the idea of the "end of the right"and the "end of the left". What comes to mind here is how one may participate in becoming self generating rather than consuming. I think we have discussed this in teaching before as the fire that generates or the fire that consumes. In other words, what takes for itself verses what receives for the sake of giving. More is generated when the intention is to give back, verses the limited idea in consumption that only takes. If we view life as a life that is getting by, hence getting through each day, perhaps this is a life that will end on the left. Verse a life that is lived where the days are spent giving to the next day, so that next day will become more than the previous, perhaps this is the end on the right?

We speak of how we can either exist or not exist in the Supernal Realm. That through the transmigrations of the Soul, many incarnations do not exist, for in them there is no awareness of the Neshamah, though, in any incarnation in which the Soul draws close to the Neshamah, that incarnation would exist for it would be enacting the mission of the Soul. Also, through this it is said all incarnations would then exist because all have lead to the one that came into this awareness. St. Paul seems to be getting at this in the mention of "understanding the will of Adonai".

I am drawn to the Gospel of Truth and a profound statement made, "For who is it who exist if it is not the Father himself", hearing this combined with a statement made a few lines further in the same text, "Those who do not yet exist are ignorant of him who created them". If we consider ourselves outside The Father, perhaps this is how our days become evil, as Elder Gideon mentioned, The depth of evil, which really is the concept of being distant from God. If we are aware of ourselves in God, we enact the will of Adonai naturally and spontaneously, it is us! and in this we redeem time through living something of the eternal within time-space.

May we live the Ratzon of El Elyon, this through which you have woven us

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

Martina

#6 Postby Martina » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:37 am

Shabbat Shalom, Dear Elders and Sisters!

Praise be to Our Mother for this beautiful contemplation that deepens the teachings from last weeks Shabbat discourse by Elder Sarah!

I would like to quote from Tau Malachi's teaching on the 47th name of Hasidim, Bet-Ain-Kaf: “Essentially, everyone has a portion that is due to them, as ordained by the Supreme, and in this Name of God is the power to invoke everyone reception of their portion in a situation and the ability to see their portion and be satisfied with it – in this, of course, is our own greater enjoyment of our portion, for when everyone is satisfied and feels blessed, there is peace, and we are free to live and enjoy.

Thus, in this Holy Name in the wisdom of “enlightened selfishness” as taught in Living Gnosis along with the practice of perfect success – hence, the wisdom of the heart-wish for everyone to be successful and happy.”

The questions you have asked, Elder Sarah and Sister Sheryl, of how to become self generating and how to redeem time seem to have to do with this. Like Jacob, we sometimes need to seek to restore a balance between our portion and the portion of others, so that our energy can flow in the right direction again. It seems, this portion can also be our use of time for our true hearts desire, keeping the happiness of others in mind as well, like Jacob parted from Laban in a win-win situation.

In gratitude,
Martina
Martina

Anna

#7 Postby Anna » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:52 am

Shabbat Shalom!

What a beautiful and thought-provoking thread is being woven here! I am struck in particular with the need to remain in awareness of the present moment so that opportunities that arise as part of our own blessed portion are not missed! To depart that Presence for something less than real feels like losing who I am and who I could be in the moment. To listen and see in awareness is a precious gift from Creator!

May all beings abide in the present and pregnant moment where God is!
Anna

Brother Brian

#8 Postby Brother Brian » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:33 am

Shabbat Shalom

What is coming up in contemplation with days are evil is something different then the thought associated when one speaks of evil as if it is something bad. I am hearing evil as an action and is something good in the context of God’s power. It brings to mind something experienced in Exodus when the Children of Israel were crossing the Red Sea. This force which was holding back the sea for the children of Israel to cross over. This force of action of God to be able to slow down, vibrate though the waters of chaos which allows time for movement of the Spirit of God within time-space that ministers which causes powerful transformation (Elohim Givor). Gods complete Mercy on the first day, which creates space on the second day and moves through the deep waters, which the dry ground appears on the third. It is all good.

Messiah appearing and ministering to these children, who lost their way and witnessing this movement of following this presence into dry ground. The whole story of Moses and the Children of Israel in Exodus is such a lovely story of how God leads the way.

It seems in this context that God’s power to slow down things to which they can be ministered too and grow. I hope this contemplation is not to far off from original intent and may be corrected or moved into the right manner. We are here witnessing these days and if it wasn’t for the mighty power of God things would drown into more chaos and void. Everyday we experience life upon this lovely planet we are witnessing the power of God to keep it in continuation. Praise God! This also brings a lovely swirl of this day of Shabbat where God has made it possible to experience Shekinah within this time-space (rest from evil days) which leads an exodus into Mother Spirits full embrace and an experience of that nearness and oneness with God.

May we realize and understand the importance of this temporary spot in time we have been given and take full advantage of it to uplift others. What a precious gift we have been given. Brother James states, “What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes”. May we fully move and minister in this karmic continuum we have been given and co-labor to integrate it with the Light continuum. Amen

Shabbat Shalom
Brother Brian

sheryl
Site Admin

#9 Postby sheryl » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:55 pm

Shabbat Shalom, Dear Friends!

What delights you have each given us this Shabbat Day. Praise to the Queen of Shabbat, whom gives as we can receive!

The insights shared here have given rise to many threads of contemplations.

While reading what Elder Gideon spoke regarding evil or rah, it comes to mind that redeeming time or redeeming time-space, is the redemption of Lilith, or when the End-of-Days becomes the revealing and realization of the World-To-Come. This also points to Shabbat, remembering and keeping Holy Shabbat. Can we say that Shabbat is the keystone of redeeming time-space? That through Teshuvah, repentance, by Shabbat giving way to Eternal Shabbat, time-space has been redeemed?

While we have spoken of the redemption of time, it comes to mind that the redemption of space is likewise an active labor. As we shift our imaginations, our visualizations from the worldly to the sacred, for example through partzufim meditations, can we say that we are engaging in the redemption of space?

Often, given conventional meanings, english translations do not flow as well in mind, so in looking up the Hebrew words translated as end, something deeper in what is being taught arises for me. The words translated as end in Hebrew can mean end or conclusion, but also intent, posterity, cause, or coming out/exiting, which bring to mind the counter to end, or head, as in Head of the Year. And so we have the beginning or arising of intention, and the end, or falling back to its source, of intention. And with what Elder Sarah has shared, evil is distance from God, the image of the Breath of God comes to mind, the exhale and inhale, with intention. This gives a feeling of an ongoing movement with the end of good and the end of evil. Perhaps in considering what Elder Gideon taught, the movement/end of evil is gilgulim, and the movement/end of good is redemption. A being that has remembered their creator then moves into these depths with conscious intention, aligning with the Breath of God, whether it be in nearness - the depth of Good, or apparent distance - the depth of Evil.

The redemption of space-time, then can be called full remembrance, our labor towards this being as Brother Brian insightfully offered - resting, or Sister Anna - listening and seeing in awareness, or Sister Martina - restoring balance between our portion and that of others.

May all remember their creator before the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

With gratitude,

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#10 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:20 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

The Depth of Good and Depth of Evil, Keter and Malkut, respectively; indeed, and we may inquire what’s meant by “depth of evil” associated with Malkut.

First, Malkut is the outermost Sefirah, and as such, in effect, Malkut is a klippah to all of the other Sefirot; likewise, as we know, Malkut has no light of her own, but receives her light from the upper Sefirot. Thus, “depth of evil.” Malkut as the depth of evil, though, is not Malkut of Atzilut, but Malkut of Beriyah, Yetzirah and Asiyah, which is to say Malkut manifest in the illusion of separation, or delusion of lack; the arising of evil is this, the ignorance, the illusion of separation from one another and from God, and so the “days of evil” are days of forgetfulness, ignorance, separation.

The feeling of being distant from God, or disconnected from God, this is evil, or the cause of the arising of evil.

Now, in the various passages quoted, “evil” is not necessarily as we might ordinarily conceive, the demonic, but rather, it includes the archonic, and it is also used to indicate the experience of sorrow and suffering inherent in creation and the gilgulim – evil is associated with sorrow and suffering, the cause of sorrow and suffering. The end of life being spoken of as “days of evil” indicates this, days of old age, illness and death. As such, “days of evil” in St. Paul’s teaching may point to days of persecution and oppression, as well as the perception of early followers of the Way that they were living in the end-times, awaiting the coming of the Lord any day.

There is, of course, something more to be said of days of evil, understanding the illusion of separation, or the power of forgetfulness here in the flesh and this world. Generally speaking, we come into this world with a certain intention, and once in this world, for the most part we forget it; likewise, while desiring to enact righteousness, instead we often enact sin, evil. If and when a soul has the opportunity to see beyond the veil into afterlife realms this becomes clear, how much we forget and error, wasting precious time of life on vanity. It is painful to see, hear and feel, and even with such knowledge, here in the flesh we are all prone to this, and it is sorrowful.

In closing I’m inclined to add that when Malkut is manifest according to Ratzon Elyon (Keter), the will, desire, of the Supreme, then Malkut becomes Depth of Good, the direct emanation of the Infinite One; likewise, when we manifest our life in harmony with Ratzon Elyon, so Malkut-Kingdom manifests on earth with, in and through us, and we abide in the good company of the Holy Shekinah, the luminous assembly of saints and angels. Praise God!

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”