Zeal for Yahweh: Guarding the Continuum (Num: 25:10-11)

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Zeal for Yahweh: Guarding the Continuum (Num: 25:10-11)

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Zeal for Yahweh: Guardianship of the Continuum

“Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying, ‘Pinchas son of Eleazar, son of Aaron the priest, has turned back my wrath from the Israelites by manifesting such zeal among them on my behalf that in my passion I did not consume the Israelites’” (Numbers 25:10-11).

The Holy Kabbalah teaches us that the soul incarnate as Pinchas is the soul that become incarnate as Elijah; hence, a soul of a very lofty, exalted grade who had intimate knowledge of the Ancient of Days (Atik Yomin).

“Pinchas is Elijah” (Zohar II 190a); and “Elijah lives forever” (Zohar II 197a).

First, although indeed the mixed multitude were among the children of Israel in those days, and that generation of the children of Israel was severely impaired and rightly called a “stiff-necked people,” nevertheless there were those who were truly faithful and zealous among them, and there were souls of higher grades watching over them and guiding them - souls completely zealous for Yahweh, guarding the continuum or covenant in self-abandon, self-transcendence.

This is the righteousness of Pinchas, the grandson of Aaron, he nullified himself in the zeal of his devotions and worship, and as such even his body was filled with passion for the Holy One, or the complete desire to serve the Holy One. As we know, the soul holds knowledge of heaven and the Holy One, and desires to serve heaven and the Holy One, but the body, the flesh, is weak and ignorant, and for most ordinary people among the faithful the body is a compromise of their faith and devotion, and is an obstruction to their greater spiritual realization. As we know, the soul endures beyond death, but the body perishes in death; the inner aspects of the soul are eternal, without beginning or end, while the outer aspects, along with the body, pass away, dissolving into their root essence. This is true of the majority of souls, including the majority of faithful and righteous individuals, but in some cases, in effect, the “body” does not “perish,” and ruach and nefesh are uplifted in the ascension and are preserved, receiving eternal life. This corresponds with the “covenant of peace” granted to Pinchas, and in this his spiritual realization is equivalent to that of Elijah, as was the rigorous zeal of Pinchas against the worship of strange and false divinities.

Understand, if and when our fixation on self-preservation is nullified in our devotions and worship, and good works, so that truly there is self-transcendence and the complete desire for self-offering in service to heaven and the Holy One, ruach and nefesh enact the intentions of neshamah, and with body and soul we have zeal, serving the Lord, guarding the Continuum of Light Transmission. Therefore, ruach and nefesh are reintegrated with neshamah, and are taken up, receiving eternal life, and so also the body may be redeemed from death.

Adonai Yeshua teaches this in the Gospel of St. Thomas that those who understand the secret teachings, the spiritual essence of the Torah - the Gospel, “will not experience death.”

Now, the redemption of the body from death - the manifestation of full divine rapture or the rainbow body attainment, is a radical realization and relatively rare in this world, but the reintegration of nefesh and ruach with neshamah, and their preservation in the Light Continuum, is more common, and this all of us may strive for, kindling full passion for the Holy One and seeking to embody the Spirit of God (Ruach Elohim) in full, just as our Elder Brother, Yeshua did. If we are willing to this, generating the fullness of divine passion, engaging in a complete self-offering, or self-abandon, in our devotions and good works, then through grace it may come to pass that we experience divine rapture, so that even our flesh is redeemed and reintegrated with the Infinite Light.

There is also another teaching to be drawn out from the story of the zeal of Pinchas, for from his zealous action we may understand that we cannot tolerate or allow anything to compromise or degrade the continuum as we engage it, and that if and when something arises in us that would compromise or degrade the continuum, or distract others from it, or take others away from it, we need to address it in ourselves and negate it, exercising zeal and self-discipline. Understand, the force of the continuum, and the extent of blessings that can be generated and extended to the people and the land, depends entirely upon those who gather to engage the continuum - devotions and worship, and their kavvanah and devekut; neither the body nor vital being should be allowed to compromise it, but if despite our best efforts they would interfere, then we need to withdraw, allowing others to engage the continuum while we tend to the body or vital. In other words, we need to be self-aware and responsible for our energy as we gather to engage the continuum, an we need to guard the continuum, letting go of self-concern to facilitate and guard the continuum for the sake of others, as well as ourselves; hence we need to protect and preserve the spiritual works of community and the energetic transmission within and behind them.

If we consider it, the zeal of Pinchas for Yahweh was also zeal for the people, or for the return of souls to God, and through his actions he glorifies God, delivers the people from Strict Judgment and uplifts many souls in the Path of Return. This is also true with us when we engage the continuum with zeal, or full passion, the people and the land are blessed, and many souls are delivered, healed and illuminated, and so uplifted in the Great Ascension. Thus, the generation of full zeal or passion is not for ourselves alone, or solely for our own spiritual attainment, but it is for the sake of others; hence, for the sake of love and compassion, or the desire to bless others and be of benefit to others, along with ourselves.

Understand, the greater our zeal, our passion and cleaving, the greater the light-power or merit generated for our people, and for the people and the land.

In closing it needs to be said that it isn’t the outward action of Pinchas that concerns us, for with the coming of the Messiah we are not bound up in the husks of the Holy Torah and their severities, but rather we take up the spiritual essence - the Gospel; thus, all outward actions are understood as inward actions, and it is the inward actions to which we pay the greatest attention, understanding right outward action for our time and place will naturally follow right thought and desire, and right speech.

O Adonai, may we be set on fire with Your Holy Spirit, filled with zeal for You and Your Kingdom! Amen.

Yahweh Shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

sheryl
Site Admin

Re: Zeal for Yahweh: Guarding the Continuum (Num: 25:10-11)

#2 Postby sheryl » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:00 am

Shalom Tau Malachi!

These revelations of the spiritual essences behind the statutes and laws of Torah continue to delight! My gratitude to Mother Spirit.

A curious thing was found in looking at zeal in Torah. The word that is translated in this teaching as zeal, qin'ah is the same word translated as jealousy of God, for example in the second of the 10 Commandments:

You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands[b] of those who love me and keep my commandments.

For I Yahweh Elohenu am a jealous (qinna) El.

For I Yahweh Elohenu am a zealous El.

What is new to my hearing, Tau Malachi, is that what has become known as divine jealousy might be better understood as divine zeal - God's willingness to do all things for the Return of individuated consciousnesses! Thus we are being called to be zealous for God, and for the Light Continuum and all things that are of God, as God is zealous for us, even for all creation!

May our zeal for You - and for all of GodSelf that has been gifted, mirror Your Zeal, oh Holy One.

With gratitude,

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Zeal for Yahweh: Guarding the Continuum (Num: 25:10-11)

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:23 pm

Shalom,

In modern English "jealousy" denotes negativity, something unbecoming. Therefore passionate or zealous is a better interpretation of the Hebrew for modern ears, conveying the spiritual reality of this Divine Attribute, which is often associated with Netzach.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”