Abundant Life, Material Blessings (Deuteronomy 30:9)

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Abundant Life, Material Blessings (Deuteronomy 30:9)

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:52 pm

Abundant Life, Material Blessings & Work

“…And Yahweh Elohenu will make you abundantly prosperous in all your undertakings, in the fruit of your womb, in the fruit of your livestock, in the fruit of your soul” (Deuteronomy 30:9).

The Holy One intends to bestow upon us material blessings as well as spiritual blessings, and as long as we are in the body, living in this world, material blessings are as important as spiritual blessings, for through them we have life and are able to enact and fulfill the mission of our soul, and through material abundance we have resources to sponsor the works of community and to give charity, and God is glorified before the people. We are wise to pray for all blessing, all bounty, that we need, material and spiritual, and as we receive, so we shall share and give, uniting the desire to receive with the desire to give - love, charity.

Understanding this, so we may understand that we are meant to live life fully and in all of our activities we are meant to serve the Lord (Yahweh, Yeshua); this body and this life, and all that it entails, is the vehicle for the realization of the soul and embodiment of the Messiah - the Anointing.

Our soul is woven of the substance of heaven, the breath of God, and our body is woven of the substance of earth in Nature’s wisdom, and quite literally we are a union of heaven and earth, and in the Messiah our mission is the manifestation of the kingdom of heaven on earth, in earth, in our body and life, and our environment. Therefore, we are to seek a dynamic balance of heaven and earth, the spiritual and material, invoking and receiving the fullness of blessings, bounty, spiritual and material, and serve as a vehicle of blessings for the people and the land where we live.

Now, in this world we work for a living, and our livelihood, what we earn, is a blessings from the Holy One, it’s root being in Keter-Crown; through our work we stir below and create a stirring above, and so we receive our “daily bread” from the Living Father. Aware of this, as much as a teaching concerning the virtue of material blessings, so this is a teaching on our need to work, and on ethics and integrity in work, seeking to do well and truly earn all that we receive, serving the Lord in our work.

Given how much of life is dedicated to work and making a livelihood it is important that we serve the Lord in whatever work that we do, loving the Lord and loving people, and making our work an offering to the Holy One; in this our work and livelihood will be blessed, and we will bring peace and light into the environment of our work, blessing others as we are blessed - we will prosper in this way.

O Holy One, may you receive our works and bless them, increasing their fruit! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

sheryl
Site Admin

Re: Abundant Life, Material Blessings (Deuteronomy 30:9)

#2 Postby sheryl » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:19 am

Shalom Tau Malachi,

There is something new to my hearing with this teaching.

Before, I was only considering physical resources as material abundance, but with this teaching, people and relationships are now being included as such riches.

It comes to mind that we can say that anything through which the spiritual labor can manifest is abundance, is gifted by the Holy One, which includes all the people, all the relationships established, in both our work in the world and in our spiritual community.

I am grateful for this expansion of understanding.

Sheryl

Yonah

#3 Postby Yonah » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:00 am

Greetings!

Thank you Tau Malachi for this beautiful message and thank you Sister Sheryl for your insight.
This contemplation makes me see that our work is also part of Loving the Holy One and Loving Our Neighbor (relations) as Ourself.

In our work we can do our best for the glory of the Kingdom of God and in everything there is relationship. Our work is also about how we do what we do for others.

Beautiful and such a practical reminder.
Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Bevan

#4 Postby Bevan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:10 am

Shalom,

Thank you for this post and responses as they touch on a couple of layers of meaning for me.
Our soul is woven of the substance of heaven, the breath of God, and our body is woven of the substance of earth in Nature’s wisdom, and quite literally we are a union of heaven and earth, and in the Messiah our mission is the manifestation of the kingdom of heaven on earth, in earth, in our body and life, and our environment. Therefore, we are to seek a dynamic balance of heaven and earth, the spiritual and material, invoking and receiving the fullness of blessings, bounty, spiritual and material, and serve as a vehicle of blessings for the people and the land where we live.
I'm wondering if it is possible to see the “soul is the substance of heaven” as the letter Aleph and “our body is woven of the substance of earth” as Bet and that there needs to be a flow, “a dynamic balance”, between the two to unite them?
Given how much of life is dedicated to work and making a livelihood it is important that we serve the Lord in whatever work that we do, loving the Lord and loving people, and making our work an offering to the Holy One;
I often contemplate the success and conflict work brings me. I desire to use my “temple of God" with energy and integrity to bless but there are times when my admixed desires and the archonic nature of work institutions create inner tensions and struggles. I desire to separate these two and deal with them with wisdom and understanding. As a active solution to my klippot, I appreciate the practical forum entry where Tau Malachi writes:
When there is a klippah, a negative karmic pattern in consciousness, we will contemplate how it manifests and what happens, or the symptoms of it, and this corresponds with the seals and Asiyah. As we do this we will look deeper into the patterns of emotions and thoughts within and behind - the energy of it, or what ‘fuels’ it, and this corresponds with the trumpets and Yetzirah. Joined with this, we will look to see the good in it - the spark, considering how the energy might be transformed and a new pattern created, transforming the negative into the positive, enacting what’s good and true. In this way a spark is uplifted and tikkune is accomplished, and as we enact this with ourselves, and in all of the various situations, circumstances and events we become involved in, we serve to bring about Tikkune Ha-Olam, the mending or redemption of the world. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3314&p=15444&hilit=olam#p15444
Resting in the breath of God may we share the blessing of our being and resources,
Bevan.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:10 am

Shalom,

If we consider the union of heaven and earth in us, and seek to correspond it with the Otiyot, or letters, this would be Alef and Tau; and this indicates all of the energy-intelligences that weave heaven and earth, the full power of the Word. There are three Mother Letters, Alef, Mem and Shin, which correspond with primordial air, water and fire, but there is none attributed to earth. Thus, in the Kabbalah while Tau is attributed to Shabbatai, Saturn, it's also attributed to earth and embodiment.

Alef and Bet, though, are an interesting contemplation and have a place here, for work generates the resources through which we build our house - the life through which we serve the kingdom of heaven and God, and through which, per chance, we may manifest something of the kingdom of heaven on earth.

It is true that, generally speaking, in the modern world our work is in the midst of archonic institutions, but when we consecrate our work, and through our work we serve the Lord, something of the archonic realm serves the kingdom of heaven and is uplifted. In this we may recall that in an Integral Self-realization we seek to uplift and redeem all material powers, as well as all spiritual powers, for although they have become corrupted, impure, all powers have their root in the World of the Sefirot, and with all of them we are to serve the Lord. In this world, in the midst of the ignorance that dominates this world, this is not easy, but it is the spiritual labor to which we are called and for which we are ordained by the Messiah and Holy One. It is not easy, but in so doing our spiritual realization is strengthened and refined, and it it becomes enduring, lasting, because of the force of resistance we face, for regardless we have labored and lived according to our faith. This generates great light-power or merit for ourselves and others.

Where the spiritual life and practice is most difficult, there is the greatest benefit to enacting it; thus, the workplace is a great vehicle for spiritual realization.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Bevan

#6 Postby Bevan » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:47 am

Shalom Tau Malachi,

Thank you for the clarification on the Otiyot correspondences of heaven and earth. You note that these energy-intelligences are is "in us"! It is interesting how easy it is to intellectualize and abstract these elements, when they are living entities, but I understand that this is subtle. It is also easy to put them outside of ourselves. I was reminded again last night of the power of locating God in us as a key element to spiritual self-worth.

I appreciate you mentioning the idea of consecrating our work. This speaks to me about being increasingly conscious and intentional about all things that I enact to make them transformational. You also speak of the power we have to redeem the archonic realm (both physical and spiritual) to serve the kingdom of heaven. This is empowering!

When I am discouraged about work, I can quickly spiral into bad attitude and headaches. However, uplifting a negativity, I find out how constructed my small self thoughts are. I do find it encouraging to remember work is connected to our spiritual realization. Because work can become routine, it is good to be reminded that it is a sacred part of our self realization, as is every identity role we take up.

El Elyon, may you be made manifest through our roles to serve the kingdom of heaven on earth.

Bevan.

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”