Gospel: Spirit of Prophecy (Revelation 19:10)

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Gospel: Spirit of Prophecy (Revelation 19:10)

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:52 pm

Gospel: The Spirit of Prophecy

“Then I fell down at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, ‘You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your comrades who hold the testimony of Yeshua. Worship God! For the testimony of Yeshua is the spirit of prophecy’” (Revelation 19:10).

This is significant, for first we are taught that we are not to worship the angels of the Holy One and that all devotions and worship is to be directed to the Holy One. This is true of the Holy Sefirot as well, and likewise the Holy Partzufim when used as an object of focus in prayer and meditation; always our devotions and worship is directed to the Holy One within and behind, and beyond all appearances. In a similar fashion, in our devotion to tzaddikim we do not worship their person, but rather our devotion is directed to the Light-presence and Light-power within them, and beyond them - the Messiah and the Holy One.

The angels of the Holy One do not encourage souls to worship them, but rather they call us to worship the Holy One with them. The angels of archons and demons may try to be worshipped, and many souls have been lead astray in this manner, but angels of God will not, and understanding this is an integral part of the discernment of spirits and spiritual forces.

Now here we may note a distinction made between the Lamb, Messiah, and Yeshua, for although embodying the Messiah in full and enacting the self-offering of the Lamb of God, or Son of God, the Messiah is not isolate to Adonai Yeshua, but rather all who receive the anointing with Supernal Light and the Holy Spirit also embody something of the Spirit of the Messiah, and the Holy One intends for each to embody the Holy Spirit in full, just as our Elder Brother, Yeshua did. It is in our reception of the Holy Light and Spirit of the Messiah that our soul is awakened and exalted so that we are rightly called siblings of the angels and co-laborers with the angels of the Holy One.

Here we may say that just as angels are the agents of God in the heavens, as are the spirits of tzaddikim that ascend, so anointed souls are agents of God on earth, and in all movements of our of spiritual labor the holy angels labor with us, releasing and binding in heaven what is released and bound on earth, all as Anointed Community enacts below, on earth.

There are supernal angels who hold knowledge of the Messiah from before the beginning of this universe; hence, angels of the eighth heaven, the Pleroma of Light - the eternal realm. Then there are angels of creation, the existence of which can span the entire cosmic cycle or various durations that do not endure from beginning to end. The angels of creation, though always having served God and having some awareness of the Messiah, receive the Messiah much like human souls when the Messiah is revealed in the worlds within their dominion. Thus, there are angels that also receive the Messiah, much like us; hence, the earthly and heavenly ministry of the Messiah recounted in Gnostic gospels.

Today what captures my attention in this verse is this: “For the testimony of Yeshua is the spirit of prophecy.” This can be interpreted and understood in a number of ways and holds deep esoteric teachings concerning the Holy Gospel.

First, as we know, the greater prophets were able to unify their soul with the Holy Torah, and because of this whatever they spoke came to pass just as they spoke it; with the lesser prophets this was not the case, for although able to gaze into the law and see what would likely happen, they were not one with the law, their knowledge was partial, and what they saw and heard was subject to change. Here the testimony of Yeshua is likened to that of the greater prophets; hence, that whatever was spoken by him came to pass just as it was spoken. The testimony of Yeshua, of course, is something more than that of the greater prophets, for he was, and is, unified with the Holy Torah - its inner essence, but his unification reaches into the Holy One; hence, he abides in unification with the Holy One and, as such, he is the embodiment of the Word of the Holy One - as he speaks, God speaks, and the angels in the heavens and the Supernal Abode enact what is spoken in that instant.

There is something more, though, in what the great angel says to Yohanan the Beloved, for he says that the testimony, or gospel, of Adonai Yeshua is the spirit of prophecy (Ruach Ha-Kodesh). Thus, ultimately, the Gospel of Truth is the Spirit of Truth - the teachings and revelations of the Holy Spirit are the True Gospel, not what is written in scrolls or books. Sacred writings, just as oral transmissions, are inspired by the Holy Spirit and may be an expression of the Gospel of Truth, but the Holy Gospel is something more - it is living, and as such corresponds with an ongoing revelation of the Holy Spirit, or the experience of the Living Word. Thus, unlike the old covenant and the Judaic Tradition, which cleaves to the scrolls of the Holy Torah, in the new covenant cleaving to the Holy Gospel we cleave to the Messiah, the Lamb, and to the living revelation of the Spirit of God (Ruach Elohim).

It is good for us to glean wisdom from the Holy Scriptures we have, but at the same time we must understand that the Gospel is an ongoing revelation, and understanding this we seek to be open to inspirations, illuminations and revelations of the Spirit of the Messiah in our own generation. Even in terms of gathering wisdom from ancient Holy Scriptures we have, in order to do so we need to be open and sensitive to the Holy Spirit, for that is how new teachings and revelations are drawn from the Scriptures - the Spirit speaks to us with, in and through them.

Here perhaps it ought to be said that just as we are not to engage in the worship of angels, neither are we to engage in the worship of books, or literal and dogmatic interpretations of them, for to consider a book the “absolute word of God” for all time is to worship an idol, setting a book in the place of the Living Spirit of God and the worship of God in spirit and truth. The Holy Scriptures, canonical and non-canonical are, indeed, the inspired word of God, but whatever is written can only be partial and incomplete, and necessarily an ongoing living revelation supersedes whatever might be written.

This is also true of teachings and practices of our lineage, for arising from the experience of Supernal Realization and living revelations of the Spirit they are always changing, growing and evolving from one generation of initiates to another, and we witness this even within a given generation, for new teachings and new revelations are continually transpiring among us.

The testimony, gospel, of Yeshua is the spirit of prophecy. Consider this, and see what insights the Holy Spirit might reveal to you.

May the Holy One bless you this day! Amen.

Yeshua Shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Robyn

Re: Gospel: Spirit of Prophecy (Revelation 19:10)

#2 Postby Robyn » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:28 pm

Shalom to Tau Malachi and the Sophian group,
Blessings to you all.

I thought perhaps it would be a good idea for me to read the Bible since it seems to be a very important reference source and underpins a lot of what is spoken about in this forum.
So I started on Revelations in the only Bible I had available, a pocket sized King James version (or anyway full of ‘thy’s and ‘yea’s, in size 8 font printed on translucent paper in 1953 for the Queen’s Coronation). Which has been challenging. And interesting. I would very much like to get my head around Revelations at some point. I know it is symbolic but the karmic retribution is quite extreme, (although I’ve not finished it yet and perhaps I will still get to the more glorious parts). It does seem very ‘Us / Them’ though – you’re the bad guys and you get to suffer fire and brimstone, and we are the good ones who have been blessed by God with marks on our foreheads.
The reason I’m posting this in response to the thread about The Spirit of Prophecy is that is has been a relief to read how the Word of God is a living, dynamic source of inspiration and guidance and not something that can be captured as ‘gospel truth’ (ha ha) in a book.

My questions are quite straightforward:
Please can someone tell me which Bible to read – one that is simple and clear?
And then can they guide me to which chapters are most relevant to read upfront?
Should I be reading them together with Gnostic scriptures? If so which ones first?
Is the Old Testament more relevant to Sophian Gnosticism than the New Testament?
It will probably take me very long just to read one Bible, so I don’t need much in the way of references to keep me going.
At the moment I am still very absorbed in Tau Malachi’s books and they continue to inspire me daily.

Thanks and much gratitude for all you offer in these beautiful discussions,
Robyn

sheryl
Site Admin

#3 Postby sheryl » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:56 am

Shalom Robyn!

No doubt others will love your questions as I do and perhaps feel inclined to offer additional thoughts.

What first came to mind is that it is the Gospel, and teachings of the Gospel, the New Covenant, that take center stage in our studies. Our emphasis on the Old Testament, and writings originating in the Judaic tradition, are to bring the Light (understanding, perspective) of the Gospel into them, drawing out deeper wisdom,hence there are many new teachings that unfold in our lineage, such as what we call Christian Kabbalah.

A study that is often recommended, and a good place to start in the Bible, is to read the Gospels from the New Testament (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John), in quick succession. It also comes to mind that just looking up the Biblical references while reading Tau Malachi's books, or on the forum, can be a good introduction into Biblical scripture (the Beatitudes are often cited for example).

For me, I usually hop around, looking at different translations of the Bible, even looking back to the Hebrew and Greek, but often you will find the NRSV or RSV, as a common translation used by companions.

I hope this provides some help and guidance, and may your studies be blessed!

Sheryl

Robyn

#4 Postby Robyn » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:02 am

excellent. Thanks for the advice Sheryl.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:17 pm

Shalom Robyn,

I'd suggest the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible.

What Sheryl has suggested seems a good start. Also, as a beginning with Gnostic Scriptures, the Gospel of St. Thomas is a good place to start. I have a book published of mystical commentaries on that gospel, "The Gnostic Gospel of St. Thomas," which can support your study and contemplation.

Study and contemplation of Scriptures is important in our lineage, the Holy Kabbalah is drawn from it, the Kabbalah representing a deeper esoteric and metaphysical understanding of the Torah and Gospel, or the Bible.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”