Living Redeemer (Job 19:25-26)

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Living Redeemer (Job 19:25-26)

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:03 pm

Living Redeemer

“For I know that my redeemer lives, and that at last he will stand upon the earth; and after my skin has been thus destroyed, then in my flesh I shall see God” (Job 19:25-26).

We may understand this as a prophecy of the coming of the Messiah, one that has been fulfilled; in Adonai Yeshua the fullness of the Holy Shekinah of Yahweh was embodied and in him the Holy One stood upon the earth. Praise God!

Here we may recall that “He” - Hu in Hebrew, is a cognomen of Malkut, the Holy Shekinah, and as Yohanan the Baptist proclaimed, when the Messiah appeared Malkut, the Kingdom, came “near,” and was manifest among us. This transpires at the Sacred Jordan, but the full manifestation of this happens in the resurrection with Hayyah Yeshua - the Living Yeshua, Living Redeemer, for it is then that Malkut of Atzilut becomes manifest in full and the Shekinah of the Messiah is revealed in the world in full glory and power.

“…And after my skin has been thus destroyed, then in my flesh I will see God.” We may inquire, what is this “skin” and how is it destroyed? Consider this. Skin here indicates impure flesh and nefesh behamit, and it corresponds with the dominion of the evil inclination, with self-identification with name and form, and personal history, or with self-grasping, attachment and aversion, and with the karmic vision - the vision of ignorance, generated by this; and likewise we may say it corresponds with the bondage of the soul to the gilgulim, potentially endless rounds of rebirth. Perhaps you may recall that most of the disciples of Adonai Yeshua were not able to see and know the fullness of the Messiah - the Living Redeemer, until Adonai Yeshua enacted his self-offering on the Cross as a ransom for sin, or karmic bondage, destroying, as it were, the “skin” of those who have faith and who cleave to the Messiah and Holy One; hence, the forgiveness of sin in the Blood of the Lamb.

Truly, until this supreme mystery was enacted the disciples were not able to see and understand the Messiah fully, but rather they could only see the Messiah through the vision of ignorance, bound up in the delusion of lack, the illusion of separation; but with the forgiveness of sin that came through the Cross, the delusion of lack was dispelled - their “skin” destroyed, and then they received the Messiah in full, and were able to see, hear and feel, and know, the Light-presence and Light-Power, the Messiah and Holy Spirit.

The same is true with us, for receiving our initiation we are not able to see and understand the Messiah fully at first, though indeed we have faith - an intuition of an experience as yet unrealized. Thus, we must walk with the Lord for some time and progress in the Gospel, just as the original disciples did, in order to acquire the full Habad of the Messiah - wisdom, understanding and knowledge. As Adonai Yeshua taught we must be completely reborn from above, our “skin” destroyed, our flesh purified, so that we may have the vision of experience and realize the vision of truth - enlightenment, Messianic Consciousness. In this, perhaps, we may remember the Eightfold Path of Gnostic Initiation as taught in the tradition and the various cycles of our self-realization in the Messiah; the cycle corresponding with crucifixion is the destruction of our “skin,” our complete rebirth from above which brings about the experience of resurrection, ascension, unification and enthronement, as is taught.

Here we may remind that in the Gnostic Path it is our aim, and our hope, to have direct experience of the Risen Messiah - the Living Redeemer, and more so it is our aim, our hope, to embody the Spirit of the Messiah in full, just as our Elder Brother, Yeshua did, and thus to embody Messianic Consciousness, or God Consciousness. Then, truly, we will become aware of the Holy One “standing upon the earth,” and “in our flesh we will see the Holy One.” What does the Holy One “standing upon the earth” and “in our flesh seeing the Holy One” mean? As we embody the Spirit of the Messiah in full, and we enter into the experience of Messianic Consciousness, the Holy One stands upon the earth, and walks upon the earth as us, and we become aware of the Messiah and Holy One in all things, in everyone and everything, and in this we see the Holy One from our flesh; and we may say that it is the Messiah in us that beholds the Messiah in all, and that knows the Holy One in all and all in the Holy One. This awareness is the true kingdom of heaven, and as this spacious radiant awareness dawns the kingdom of heaven comes near, and is spread out upon the earth.

This is true redemption, true salvation, something more than a vicarious salvation through blind faith in dogmatic doctrines; instead our redemption is direct spiritual and mystical experience of the Messiah, an enlightenment experience (Gnostic experience) - the experience of God Consciousness. In this our soul is liberated from the gilgulim, or compulsory transmigration.

Now as it is written this profession of faith and prophecy comes from Job in the midst of a great dark night of the soul when he has lost his wealth and children, feels his loved ones and friends have turned against him and persecute him, and is also suffering persecution of the flesh, great suffering in his body. In the midst of this, however restricted his consciousness may have become, he is in an evolution of faith and knowledge, or spiritual realization, and he is beginning to understand that the kingdom of heaven - the Messiah, is not of this world, and yet is meant to be embodied in it; he is realizing that, ultimately, the true healing is beyond the body, is transcendence of the need for physical incarnation, but that this comes through the embodiment of something of God - God Consciousness.

Throughout the Old Testament we find intuitions and prophecies of a greater spiritual realization that comes with the Messiah - Supernal Realization, which is a conscious unification with the Holy One; hence, we see a casting out of sparks to kindle a passionate yearning for the reception of the Messiah - the realization of enlightenment and liberation.

This passage caught my attention today so it seemed good to share the contemplation it stirred.

May many experience their spiritual awakening this day and begin to walk with the Lord and return to God! Amen.

Yeshua Shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

elizabethduval

Re: Living Redeemer (Job 19:25-26)

#2 Postby elizabethduval » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:18 pm

Dear Tau Malachi,

What a wonderful, beautiful post that is so filled with hope! As I was reading this post, I kept hearing the words that Isaiah spoke. The words are also famous in the song "The Messiah" that is traditionally sung in churches at Christmastime. I listened to that song and especially the words from Isaiah "Isaiah 40:1-40:5

Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins. The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

For many years I had heard this as so different....as if people would be standing all together, and actually see God ( as if we could withstand seeing the Glory. Now- what you have spoken opens up a new way of contemplating this, and what hope this is for all who can hear it! You have explained:

“…And after my skin has been thus destroyed, then in my flesh I will see God.” We may inquire, what is this “skin” and how is it destroyed? Consider this. Skin here indicates impure flesh and nefesh behamit, and it corresponds with the dominion of the evil inclination, with self-identification with name and form, and personal history, or with self-grasping, attachment and aversion, and with the karmic vision - the vision of ignorance, generated by this; and likewise we may say it corresponds with the bondage of the soul to the gilgulim, potentially endless rounds of rebirth. Perhaps you may recall that most of the disciples of Adonai Yeshua were not able to see and know the fullness of the Messiah - the Living Redeemer, until Adonai Yeshua enacted his self-offering on the Cross as a ransom for sin, or karmic bondage, destroying, as it were, the “skin” of those who have faith and who cleave to the Messiah and Holy One; hence, the forgiveness of sin in the Blood of the Lamb.

Actually, if I am hearing this correctly is that to see God in our flesh or skin....means that we can see with the spiritual eyes, while remaining in this Nefesh, or skin. In other words, we are transcendent of this flesh...just like Messiah was pointing to on the cross.
We can see God in the flesh as we become unified with God- like Yeshua and and the Father are one...so are we.

This has made my spirit soar and next time I hear the song "the Messiah"...one of my favorite songs, it will have such a deeper and richer meaning!

Thank you for this rich post....any other revelations and gleanings from Job and Isaiah would be much appreciated!

Blessings in Hayyah Messiah!

Elizabeth

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Lamp and Lampshade

#3 Postby Elder Gideon » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:39 pm

Shalom Tau Malachi:

With Sister Elizabeth, I too am enchanted by this teaching from Job. I'm so grateful you've drawn this out.

As I investigated it, I found a nuance worthy of sharing. Two different words are used in the verse for flesh: and after my skin has been thus destroyed, then in my flesh I shall see God (Job 19:26). After my skin is or עוֹר as in the skin made to clothe Adam and Eve after the Fall; then in my flesh I shall see God is basar, בָּשָׂר, which pervades numerous scriptural examples of flesh, blood relations, and human frailty.

These words clearly overlap. A distinction I'm enjoying in light of this post is how flesh-or connotes an animal hide in a way that flesh-basar does not. Basar does treat animal bodies, as Joseph describes the condition of the cattle in Pharoah's dream. But oversimplified, basar feels a bit more general for physical life itself while or feels more like a covering upon life. Or sounds exactly like the Hebrew word for light, אר, but spelled with an alef. I like to think of the difference between the spelling as a lampshade over a lamplight, עוֹר diffusing אר.

What more does this distinction of the word play on skin and flesh draw out of your insights, Tau Malachi?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:32 pm

Greetings and blessings in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

There is, indeed, a distinction between “skin” and “flesh” in this passage, and while certainly connected it is important we do not confuse the terms, or assume skin and flesh are synonymous, otherwise we will lose sight of the deeper implications and esoteric wisdom. In the unenlightened condition skin and flesh merge and are inseparable, but as the soul within us awakens, and we receive the Holy Light and Spirit, the skin is destroyed and our flesh is purified, and thus we become able to perceive the kingdom of heaven spread out upon the earth and we are able to see God in all things.

In this perhaps we may recall the teaching of Adonai Yeshua, “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God” (Matthew 5:8).

As we know, in the new covenant the circumcision is no longer outward, or of the male foreskin, but rather it is inward, a circumcision of the heart, one in which both women and men participate. Given this teaching of the Master, joined with our original passage, the destruction of the skin corresponds with the circumcision of the heart - purity of the heart, through which we may “ascend the hill of Yahweh” and “see God” (El, Elohim).

We can consider a verse from Psalm 24 with this, “Who shall ascend the hill of Yahweh, and who shall stand in his holy place? Those who have clean hands and pure heart, who do not lift up their soul to what is false, and do not swear deceitfully.”

Now as we know, Adonai Yeshua teaches us that we must be born from above, from heaven and the Spirit of God, for “what is born of flesh is flesh, and what is born of Spirit is spirit” (John 3:6). Through the reception of the Holy Light and Spirit of the Messiah we are reborn, if we are willing, the skin being destroyed, the flesh purified and merged with spirit, and therefore we are able to look and see, listen and hear, the Messiah and Holy One in all, and able to behold the kingdom of heaven within and behind what appears and transpires.

It is through the reception of the Light Transmission, and the integration of our person and life with the Holy Light that the skin is destroyed and flesh purified; on a spiritual level the power of the Blood of the Lamb is this, the Holy Light and Spirit of the Messiah (Anointing).

Our anointing and spiritual rebirth, however, is just the beginning, for then we must live according to our faith and knowledge, and walk with the Lord (Yahweh, Yeshua), and we must cultivate the Divine Attributes (Sefirot), and more and more we must shift our self-identity from name and form, and personal history, to fully evolved and enlightenment being - the Messiah. Essentially, we must be willing to shed the “serpent’s skin,” the old and unenlightened self, in order to allow the Holy Light within us to shine through - the inner tzaddik and indwelling Messiah.

It has been written, “Many are called, but few are chosen.” This is to say that when we receive our anointing with the Holy Light and Spirit we must chose to follow in the Way, and chose to integrate all aspects of our person and life with the Holy Light, for having been called and touched by the Holy Spirit, we must answer that call and co-labor for a full reintegration with the Light of the Infinite (Or Ain Sof). Thus, St. Paul teaches disciples to “always seek a better resurrection.”

There are, of course, those who may come to an anointed tzaddik or apostle who have a “hard heart” and “thick skin,” and who are unwilling, or unable, to receive Light Transmission in this life, or who, receiving something of it, soon turn away from the Holy Light. If we understand the destruction of skin as the circumcision of the heart, in this we know the key - an open, spacious heart, the generation of love and compassion, for when the heart opens the mind opens, and the Spirit can enter to teach and guide us; we are able to cleave to the Messiah, and to tzaddik and community, the vehicle of Light Transmission, becoming a light in this world.

If we consider how we are able to integrate ourselves with the Holy Light, cleaving, it is through secluded prayer and meditation, charismatic worship, and good works; hence, through the Six Essentials. To these we join the Three Roots, remembering our transcendence, setting our minds on those things that are above, and remembering that God is always with us, within all things. Taking up this way of life, as we sojourn through life we will reintegrate our person and life with the Holy Light, and the Spirit of God will take us up. Praise God!

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

sheryl
Site Admin

#5 Postby sheryl » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:29 pm

Shabbat Eve Shalom!

I am grateful for the teachings that have been gifted to us in this thread. Praise to Mother Spirit for blessing us so!

There are several questions arising in my contemplations, if I might pose them here.

One is in regard to skin. Above, Tau Malachi, you teach, saying

Given this teaching of the Master, joined with our original passage, the destruction of the skin corresponds with the circumcision of the heart...

We know that what is circumcised or removed from the heart are the husks of darkness, the klippot that binds our heart, and so I am wondering about the correlation between the garments Yahweh Elohim clothed Adam and Eve in and klippot? Another teaching comes to mind in regards to klippot, where it is said that klippot is like the shell protecting a seed: it is necessary and useful in the evolution of the soul, but will need to fall away, like the shell of the seed, when what is inside begins to turn towards God.

Another question has arisen from the teaching on the two parts of circumcision - removal and uncovering. Above, you have taught us, Tau Malachi, saying:

Through the reception of the Holy Light and Spirit of the Messiah we are reborn, if we are willing, the skin being destroyed, the flesh purified and merged with spirit, and therefore we are able to look and see, listen and hear, the Messiah and Holy One in all, and able to behold the kingdom of heaven within and behind what appears and transpires.

Can we say that removal is the destruction of the skin and uncovering is the purification and merging of the flesh with spirit?

With gratitude,

Sheryl

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#6 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:59 am

Greetings and blessings in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

We may recall that after the encounter with the serpent and eating the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil the delusion of lack, the illusion of separation, was increased and Adam and Havvah “knew that they were naked” and were ashamed, and when the Shekinah of Yahweh Elohim approached them they hid themselves. To shield them from their shame, in compassion, Yahweh Elohim fashioned coats of skin for them, but this action was set into motion by Adam and Havvah and was the result of their turning away from the Holy One and the Supernal Light in a play of self-grasping, desire and fear; instead of cleaving to the True Light they cleaved to false lights, or lesser impure lights, and their consciousness became bound up in the darkness of matter - the ignorance of matter, the experience of complete separation from the Holy One, the True Light.

All that appears emanates, and is created, formed and made, by Yahweh Elohim, and therefore it is written, “And Yahweh Elohim made garments of skins for the man and for his woman, and clothed them” (Genesis 3:20). Human beings, however, are co-creators with the Holy One, for the Creative Spirit (Ruach Elohim) is in us; as we create, so Yahweh Elohim creates, forms and makes, and in this case it was the fear of being naked, the shame, and the desire to be clothed, that set the Shekinah of Yahweh Elohim into motion, clothing the radiant souls of Adam and Havvah in garments of skin and flesh, the darkness and density of the material dimension and world. In this we may understand that before Yahweh Elohim sent them forth from the Garden of Eden they had already departed, for desiring to be “clothed” they desired to distance themselves from the Shekinah of Yahweh Elohim. This was their desire, their co-creation, and therefore the Holy Shekinah moved with them in that way, creating, forming and making skin and flesh, or materiality. There is a great darkness, great ignorance, great illusion of separation in this, however, and this generates a greater manifestation of self-grasping, desire and fear, and therefore incarnating, souls become bound up in this great ignorance, and the sorrow and suffering it creates.

The Ayn instead of Alef in Or indicates the illusion of separation and sin - the misdirection of desire-energy; this binds souls to the gilgulim, potentially endless rounds of life, death and rebirth, and the immeasurable sorrow and suffering that goes with it.

If we look at what is written about what Yahweh Elohim says to Adam and Eve as they are sent forth from the Garden of Eden it is a statement of the sorrow and suffering that goes with bondage to the gilgulim, the great toil, the suffering in childbirth, and therefore death, and all that goes with life in materiality. If the creation of the “skin” is bondage to the ignorance, and suffering, then its destruction is the beginning of our liberation.

If we look into the cause of sorrow and suffering, and all evil, it is the delusion of lack, the illusion of separation, and the play of self-grasping, desire and fear manifest in this ignorance; seeing this, and understanding this, the cessation of this ignorance is the liberation of our soul from sorrow and suffering, and evil.

Now the illusion of separation (perud) gives rise to this, and therefore the experience of innate union (yichud) empowers us to bring this ignorance into cessation; hence, experiences of Light Transmission, which, if but for an instant, or a moment, dispel the illusion of separation and bring awareness of our innate unity with the Holy One. This, of course, assumes that in a moment of Light Transmission we are willing and able to let go of the skin and be “naked,” open and sensitive to the Holy Light and Spirit of God, for if a moment of Light Transmission occurs and we will not open to it, but turn away, then the Light Transmission is not received - we are not received in the Holy Light.

Listen and hear, and understand! As we know, in initial experiences of Light Transmission we tend to feel “naked,” or exposed, and we tend to turn away or hid ourselves in a vital unconscious reaction; thus, often we may fall unconscious, or in one way or another shield our mind and heart from the Holy Light, grasping instead at false lights. This corresponds with Adam and Havvah hiding themselves from the Shekinah of Yahweh Elohim, and there is this tendency in us to do the very same thing! Thus, read on a spiritual level, the story of Genesis is our story, and we are involved in what we read, and we must become willing to “shed our skin,” or to disrobe and “stand naked,” open to the Holy Shekinah, the Holy Light and Spirit of God. If we are willing, then we will become aware of the kingdom of heaven within and all around us, and we will walk with the Holy One in this life and the afterlife.

Here we may note that it does not say what kind of skin Adam and Havvah were clothed with. Many have said that it was the skin of beasts of the field, indicating nefesh behamit, the bestial soul, but others among the masters of the tradition have said that it was the serpent’s skin, and that it corresponds with the impulse to to evil that becomes rooted in the left side of the heart and that “taints the blood.”

If we look into this saying of Job we may also understand it as a teaching of the resurrection of the dead, and we may recall the passage from the Gospel of St. Philip that teaches us that those who believe that one dies and then is resurrect are mistaken, but that, rather, one must experience resurrection and then they can “die” - then there is full cessation of the ignorance, full reintegration with the Holy Light and Spirit; hence, we must experience the resurrection while we live so that we can experience it when we die and return to the True Light in the Great Ascension.

In the experience of the Light Transmission there is an experience of a spiritual death and rebirth, and on a spiritual and psychic level we must “die” in order to draw near and be reborn from above, from heaven and the Light Continuum; hence, we must be willing to a radical transformation in consciousness, willing to cessation in order to be rewoven - pure emanation. This corresponds with the Great Vision of Melchizedek in the inmost teachings of the tradition, the pure emanation of the soul, or the arising of the primordial elements of consciousness in their innate purity, their innate unity with the Infinite One.

In this there is the generation of the Threefold Body: The Body of Truth, Body of Glory and Body of Emanation - purified flesh, pure emanation. Contemplate this well, and understand!

Yes, indeed, as we purify ourselves of our “skin” the flesh and our nefesh merge with spirit - ruach, and the Holy Spirit, Ruach Ha-Kodesh, merges with our ruach, and as this happens ruach and nefesh become pure emanations of our neshamah, our heavenly and supernal soul; thus, truly, we are reborn from above, we emanate from above, and we embody the Messiah and Holy Spirit - the Spirit of God merges with our flesh. Praise God!

When the Spirit merges with our flesh, in our flesh we will see God (El, Elohim)!

May we be blessed to stand with the living ones on the Day of Be-With-Us, and in this very life may we be blessed to walk with the Messiah and Yahweh Elohim, Shaddai! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”