Dry Land and Sanctuary

sheryl
Site Admin

Dry Land and Sanctuary

#1 Postby sheryl » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:47 pm

Shalom, Tau Malachi and friends!

I have been engaged in a delightful contemplation this last week, praise and gratitude to Elohim, that has resulted in seeing a correspondence between dry land and Sanctuary. With God's help, I will share some highlights with all of you and perhaps additional contemplations will be brought forth.

Though dry land first appears in Genesis, with the telling of the Third Day of Creation, it is its mention in Exodus 14 that has sparked the recent contemplations. There, as the Children of Israel are backed up against the Red Sea, with the Egyptians advancing, Moses tells them: YHVH will fight for you, you only have to keep still.

Keep still is a translation of the Hebrew word Charash. Curious, there are two words for dry land that then arise, one is Charabah and the other is Yabbashah, which tell a fascinating story!

These are the three Hebrew words of this story:

Charash חָרַשׁ Het Resh Shin: Keep still, hold your plow, hold peace

Charabah חָרָבָה Het Resh Bet Heh: Dry land

Yabbashah יַבָּשָׁה Yod Bet Shin Heh: Dry land

Yabbashah is found just a few times in Holy Scripture: the Third Day of Creation, the first plague – when the Nile turns to blood, when the Red Sea is parted, and, interestingly, when the fish spits out Jonah onto dry land.

Charabah is conversely found multiple times: when all life on dry land is killed by the flood, when the Red Sea is parted, when the Children of Israel cross the Jordan, and when both Elijah and Elisha cross the Jordan.

In contemplating Charash and Charabah, and how they end in Shin and Bet Heh respectively, and Yabbashah and how it is Yod Bet, 12, ending with Bet, Shin and Heh, it comes to mind that we are seeing two aspects of stillness and the arising of dry land. One is in Perud, separation, and one in Yichud, unity. These thoughts are of particular interest when we consider recent teachings by Tau Malachi, on how each part of soul contains aspects of all parts of soul, so that there are Nefesh, Ruach, Neshamah, Hayyah, and Yechidah aspects of the Nefesh.

I am hearing in this contemplation that stillness and the arising of dry land in separation is accessing the higher aspects of Nefesh – Neshamah, Hayyah, and Yichud of Nefesh. But this in unity is accessing the higher aspects of soul proper– Neshamah, Hayyah, and Yichud.

Added to this contemplation are recent teachings by Tau, that our work during this time is to labor for Sanctuary, to sand the gopher wood, so to speak, and considering Sanctuary, and Tzaddik and community, I am hearing that the work of community is laboring for dry land or Sanctuary in Perud, separation, or accessing and manifesting the inner aspects of Nefesh, while the work of Tzaddik is laboring for dry land or Sanctuary in Yichud, or unity, accessing and manifesting the higher parts of soul proper. Of course these labors are not so separate and linear! The intent is to see that this labor of sanding the gopher wood is nearer than hands and feet, not so separate and far off as one might imagine!

And as you can surmise, these contemplations can extend into infinite directions! This is only meant to be a summary, a beginning point, for any who might be interested in carrying this further. My mind and heart are delighting though in these new insights into Scripture, in seeing that the intention of creation, its potential and actualization, as presented in Biblical Scripture, is rich with teachings and invocations in regards to the Serpent Fire. Halleluyah!

My gratitude for these thoughts and any additional sharings that might unfold.

Sheryl

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”