Interior Offerings & Charity (Luke 11:41)

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Interior Offerings & Charity (Luke 11:41)

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:01 pm

Interior Offerings & Charity

“So give for alms these things that are within; and see, everything will be clean for you” (Luke 11:41).

The purification of the mind and heart, and the uplifting of the mind and heart, this is far more important than any external ritual of purification or other religious acts. In fact interior purification from self-will, self-grasping, and the play of desire and fear in self-grasping, and all of the various forms of negativity and judgment that come with it, all the negative thoughts and emotions, and the uplifting of the mind to ‘those things that are above,’ the turning of the heart to God, and God alone, is everything in the spiritual life. Indeed, for with this everything else a faithful or spiritual person does will be good and true - ‘clean.’

Understand, if outwardly we appear righteous, or appear to engage in sacred and holy things, but inwardly we are filled with negativity towards ourselves and others, or our mind and heart is continually turned towards vain and futile things of the world, then there is no righteousness in us, there is nothing sacred or holy in our words or actions - our spiritual life is in vain and is hollow, it is like an empty husk or shell (klippah). Perhaps worst of all, though, is that when we harbor negativity in mind and heart, whether about ourselves or others, instead of being a conduit for the Holy Light and Spirit of God - the Divine Presence, we become a channel of the spirit of the Other Side and spiritual forces of the Other Side (klippot). God forbid, and God help us!

Now, what has been shared is well known among initiates of the Gnostic Path, but here in this verse Adonai Yeshua gives a very powerful teaching, one that ventures into a secret mystery that relatively few in this world may know and understand. First, when he says ‘give for alms these things that are within,’ understand that to give alms is an act of charity, one that is consecrated to God, and therefore is an offering to God. When he speaks of positive, godly, thoughts and emotions - an uplifted mind and heart, as charity and an offering, understand that he is speaking of the great power of the mind and heart to affect reality and the flow of what transpires, and he is speaking of our ability to influence others in a positive way on a hidden energetic level, and to open the way for those who are weak spiritually to ascend, and even to uplift them in ascent with the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit. Essentially, as we elevate our mind and heart to those things that are deep within, ‘high above,’ and we abide open to the Holy Light and Spirit from ‘above,’ and we ‘let our light shine’ from within, quite literally we are a manifestation of Holy Sanctuary, the Divine Presence, for the people, and more so the spiritual blessings, spiritual powers, of the Divine Attributes are in us and so we have them to give. In that these blessings, these powers, and corresponding knowledge of God, gathers souls into the kingdom of heaven - the enlightenment of souls, which is the most precious ‘gift’ that can be ‘given,’ so holding the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, and the fullness of Divine Attributes in this way, is the greatest charity, bringing liberation, peace and joy without end.

Material charity is limited, temporary, and does not bring lasting satisfaction and lasting happiness, and so is indeed inferior to this spiritual ‘charity’ - love. This, of course, is not to say that we ought to be negligent in material tithe and charity, not in the least, for anyone who has such spiritual love, and who holds the Divine Presence and Divine Attributes in this way, will give in abundance, materially and spiritually; but being a positive influence for others, being a Holy Sanctuary, and giving from ones spiritual treasury is superior to material charity.

Quite naturally it is our intention to unify spiritual and material charity so that there is a spiritual influence and blessing within and behind all outward acts of charity.

There is a secret mystery in any action of charity that needs to be understood. According to masters of the tradition the opportunity to give, spiritual or material, is a greater blessing than whatever may be given. Thus, the one who gives charity - or ‘alms,’ material or spiritual, is not superior to the one in need who receives, but rather the one in need who receives is in fact the vehicle of a greater blessing to the one who gives - the opportunity to give as God gives, the opportunity to be in the image and likeness of God, a true human being.

There is more that I wish to share with you concerning this teaching of Adonai Yeshua, but this seems enough to start a contemplation, and I’m inclined to see what others might draw out. So here I’ll pause, waiting upon the Spirit.

May we walk in beauty and holiness, with the Lord and in the Lord, and be a sign of spiritual hope and a spiritual refuge in good times and bad times! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Great Natural Perfection

#2 Postby Elder Gideon » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:31 am

Shalom Tau Malachi:

Praise God for Wisdom! You’ve found and drawn out of a passage I’ve overlooked for years such a tremendous teaching of actualization.

Religion in twoness gives what it does not possess. Yeshua critiques this sharply throughout the Sermon on the Mount: Beware of practicing your piety before others in order to be seen by them; for then you have no reward from your Father in heaven. So whenever you give alms, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be praised by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward. But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your alms may be done in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you (Matthew 6:1-4).

Only in greater degrees of nearness and oneness with God am I able to give these things that are within—that which I’ve come to realize in my person and life: If you bring forth what is within you, what you have will save you (Thomas 70). To give what I lack is not for God, but myself, my appearance to others, or to propitiate the separation I in myself am trying to join to God. But this fails miserably in this and the afterlife, reinforcing the separation, the twoness I feel: If you do not have that within you, what you do not have within you [will] kill you (Thomas 70). I’m hearing that such souls are those Yeshua described saying to him Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?” Then I will declare to them, “I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers (Matthew 7:21-23).

You’ve recently distinguished realization and actualization: Realization is the embodied awareness of what one’s recognized: Actualization is what one does with this and more, it’s what others receive.

One can be a realized being without being received by others, which is to say, actualized. Being actualized is a circuit formed between what one gives and the other receives. This is how I’m hearing your marvelous insight at the end, where you shared that According to masters of the tradition the opportunity to give, spiritual or material, is a greater blessing than whatever may be given. Thus, the one who gives charity - or ‘alms,’ material or spiritual, is not superior to the one in need who receives, but rather the one in need who receives is in fact the vehicle of a greater blessing to the one who gives - the opportunity to give as God gives, the opportunity to be in the image and likeness of God, a true human being.

Until your post, I’ve not heard the word “clean” as speaking to everything good and true a faithful or spiritual person brings forth from within themselves. This beautifully illuminates those who have clean hands and pure hearts, who are able to ascend the hill of the Lord and stand in his holy place (Psalm 24:3-4). You've recently equated Grace with the Great Natural Perfection. This now sounds like the whole sense of "clean," reflecting who we most truly are as we are in the Holy One: those things that are within.

May we live and move from those things that are within and give.

Elder Gideon

Marion

Re: Interior Offerings & Charity (Luke 11:41)

#3 Postby Marion » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:22 am

Shabbat Shalom!

I have been contemplating this verse that you’ve brought up in Luke with another in Mark:

“As Jesus was starting out on his way to Jerusalem, a man came running up to him, knelt down, and asked, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

“Why do you call me good?” Jesus asked. “Only God is truly good. But to answer your question, you know the commandments: ‘You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. You must not cheat anyone. Honor your father and mother.’”

“Teacher,” the man replied, “I’ve obeyed all these commandments since I was young.”

Looking at the man, Jesus felt genuine love for him. “There is still one thing you haven’t done,” he told him. “Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

At this the man’s face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions.”

I am hearing this story in terms of this inner offering that you speak about. Because first Yeshua asks Lazarus if he is a religious man—if he loves God and is pious outwardly. He says he is, and has been practicing this for some time. Then Yeshua says that the one thing he hasn’t done is go and sell all of his possessions and give the money to the poor.

You have previously taught that Yeshua is asking him to prepare for death, because this is what one would do if preparing to die in ancient Palestine. I am also hearing here that his “possessions” are his fixed, religious beliefs about God. Yeshua is asking him to throw away all that he knows about God in order to follow him.

In the symbolism of giving everything away materially, I am hearing he must also give everything away spiritually. The external and internal are one in this movement. Praise be the most Merciful God that he does!

This brings a question: Is it even possible to truly give charity if one is not in this state of giving interior offerings? Or did I understand correctly that it is impaired? I also think of the difference between the temple sacrifices and the sacrifice Yeshua made on the cross. It is very clear which was more powerful; and Yeshua's offering was a full interior and exterior offering.

Oh Holy One, May You Empower us to Give to You as You, Amen!

Blessings and Shalom,
Marion

Bevan

Re: Interior Offerings & Charity (Luke 11:41)

#4 Postby Bevan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:39 pm

Shabbat Shalom Tau, Elder, Sister and Community!

To read this powerful teaching and the responses has me consider more deeply who we are in Messiah, our innate unity and connection with all beings and forces.
And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’ (Matthew 25:40)

Something magical enters a situation where I feel connected to another person through uplifted communication like an e-mail or a conversation. What is transpiring in this energetic exchange? Physically, a law of electricity states that when distance is reduced between two objects the force of attraction increases. Emotionally, the closer I am to another person the more I receive (negatively or positively) in this connection. I see this as the Light of the Holy Shekinah (in union or exile), the vital force flowing through the All. Supernally, we understand that there is no separation between us and another in the Light Continuum, and this Light is subtly and exponentially magnified in a Light Transmission Lineage for the liberation of the receiver from great ignorance and illusion. I understand we co-labour in faith to give this Light to others:
the great power of the mind and heart to affect reality and the flow of what transpires, and he is speaking of our ability to influence others in a positive way on a hidden energetic level, and to open the way for those who are weak spiritually to ascend, and even to uplift them in ascent with the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit.

The more light merit generated in life experience and spiritual practice the more we have to give to others. When the Holy Shekinah brings others on our path, the conditions and purpose exists to give Light if there is openness to it.

How wonderful to consider the inseparability of the roles Giver and Receiver in Messiah. The Receiver allows the Giver to further open his or her heart, which speaks of the shattering of klippot and death to egoic self. Applying this to the Giving and Receiving Practice, this appears to be a practice of passing away in Messiah.

May many become aware today that we receive and give in the Messiah and there is no separation.

Bevan.

Return to “Mysteries of the Bible & Gnostic Scriptures”