The Number 13 - The Divine Feminine

Martina

The Number 13 - The Divine Feminine

#1 Postby Martina » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:49 am

Greetings in the Light of the Beloved Holy One!

I recently heard that the number 13 is very connected to the Divine Feminine, because of the 13 women's moon cycles in a year. It is also said that Mary Magdalene was the 13th apostle.

Contemplating the 13th Tarot card, it is the death card and the letter Nun is attributed to it. It is a letter of fertility, because it means fish. It also stands for growth and decline, descent and resurrection and the 50th year, the year of the freedom of the jubilee. In this way it stands for rebirth in the Mother Spirit.

There also seems to be a strong connection between the 13th letter of the Hebrew alphabet, the letter Mem, and the Divine Feminine. It stands for womb and water, mercy and compassion. It also reminds of the mercy of being reborn in the baptism with water. All that is created in the Divine Mother, is ever fluid and flowing, changing.

What more could be said about the number 13?

Shabbat Shalom,
Martina
Martina

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Love and Unity

#2 Postby Elder Gideon » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:10 pm

Shalom Martina!

I've recently applied something of what you're noticing of thirteen and the Divine Feminine to a mystery of Pistis Sophia, who consciously returns to the True Light by way of thirteen repentances. As these cycles imply the twelve zodiacal signs of the Human One, the thirteenth may be contemplated as their unity and integrity.

Our lineage ring design features this in a way I'd not noticed before. The ouroboros circling the signet is banded into twelve sections, each figuring for a tribe of Israel and an apostle of Messiah. Where's the thirteenth portion of the ouroboros? The head of the serpent swallowing its tail, the mystery of the non-dual union of inside and outside.

As Apostle of the Apostles, the Second Eve, I find in the Magdalene such a swirl of everything wonderful of thirteen.

This is significant for many other relationships of the number thirteen. We'll remember the Thirteen Attributes of Mercy that are certainly relevant. Perhaps the rabbis build so many teachings around this moment from Exodus 34:6-7 for the obvious gematria of thirteen equalling the Hebrew words for love and unity, ahava and ahad. These are the most important contemplations of all.

Elder Gideon

Return to “Gematria: The Play of Holy Letters & Numbers”