Mysticism of He

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Mysticism of He

#1 Postby Elder Gideon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Greetings and Shalom!

ה
He: Window, Microcosm, and the number 5.

If one hasn't noticed in the mysticism of Hebrew letters, the numerical values are building in complexity. What was four-fold in every sense is now five, which here will explore the intersection of four: the fifth. What intersects these four directions is the Human One, whom our lineage calls the Great Seth. Figured as "One seated upon the throne" in prophetic experience, this intersection of the four directions is incarnate as one's Tzaddik, the Righteous One, who for any fortunate enough to merit, may know in any degree of intimacy as their Sacred Friend.

Far more sublime than any guruism distorting the relationship between a spiritual master and their disciple, the Sacred Friend is one undeniable presence from within recognized from without. Whenever our Sacred Friend arises in a dream, for example, we know the Tzaddik within us is communicating very directly. From the depth of me to the surface of me, my Sacred Friend, the Tzaddik 'by day' is a talisman of the same Indwelling Righteous One I might encounter in dreamtime 'by night'. One is this Tzaddik, this Neshamah, indwelling all creatures made in the image and likeness of YHVH Elohim.

Neshamah is this presence of Tzaddik within and without. Merit from former lives facilitates the conditions to see, meet, and perhaps know a living light-bearer, a Righteous One. The degree to which one may recognize and realize this Tzaddik-presence is a process of purification, which Tau Malachi, in the name of his Tzaddik, Tau Elijah reminds, "Is the whole of the spiritual journey." Purification is everything in recognizing this Presence As It Is, clarifying, refining, aligning, focusing, and integrating who I thought I was with what I most truly shall be. By the merit of their realization of this same Tzaddik within them, Neshamah, they will hasten and accelerate this process of recognizing and realizing the same presence calling the disciple.

Purification being life-long and everything in spiritual evolution brings us to the mystery of five and its corresponding element: Spirit Space. Whether from the primordial ground of purity, or admixed in karmic, historical patterns of impurity, this element of consciousness, of which much has been written in this forum by Tau Malachi, is essential in unlocking many detailed mysteries how Yeshua accessed and embodied Christ. A classic post is found at this link:

http://sophian.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... th+element

To integrate something of its vastness with ה is to consider how the Human One indwelling us is our innate, bornless being, and immune to karmic conditioning, pure from before beginningless beginning. The righteousness of the Righteous One, the Tzaddik, the Fifth Element, is their awareness and emanation from pure Spirit Space as a distinctly awakened individual: Microcosm. Through such a transparent individual, all flows.

How ה contributes for me new insights to purified Spirit Space comes from a teaching of this letter in Sefer Yetzirah:

Stabilizing Consciousness: “It is called this because it stabilizes the essence of Creation in the ‘Glooms of Purity’. The masters of theory said that this is the Gloom [at Mount Sinai]. This is the meaning of, 'Gloom is its cocoon.’”

Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan comments insightfully on this 'gloom' and ה as meaning, "that which surrounds and holds", quite like everything one might contemplate of the fifth element Spirit Space. Whether in purity or impurity, Spirit Space cocoons and holds all that arises, whether internally as thoughts or externally as appearances. Purification of this gloom, of this Spirit Space, is the whole of the spiritual life and practice, facilitated by an awakened individual. Such an individual is a center of purified Spirit Space, a microcosm through which, in the words of Rumi, all the ocean pours as through a drop: the Tzaddik.

"I am the light that is over all things.
I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained.
Split a piece of wood; I am there.
Lift up the stone, and you will find me there." (Thomas 77)

Amen and Amen!

Elder Gideon+

malochim

The window of the soul

#2 Postby malochim » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:00 pm

Shalom,

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." - 1 Corinthians 13:12

The word window comes from the old norweigan word vindauga, roughly translated windeye. It was a hole at the top of the house through which the smoke could rise and the wind could enter, it also functioned as a window to let light in.

What does it mean to let the wind/spirit/light in? In fact everything we experience are different gradations of supernal light, what differs is our closeness or intimacy with this light. If we experience it as a reflection in a mirror, through a glass, darkly or in close intimacy face to face.

Emanuel Swedenborg talks about the Spiritual Sun always being centered at the zenit of the heaven he was brought to in his lucid dreams. He says that the only difference between a sinner and a saint is that a saint turns towards the Sun and receives the light, but the sinner moves away from the Sun turning his back against the light, living in darkness and ignorance. To be really intimate we need to face our lover and uncloth; completely transparent to the light in a loving embrace.

"And why do you take note of the grain of dust in your brother's eye, but take no note of the bit of wood which is in your eye?"

It is said that the eye is the window to the soul. It is through our senses that we perceive of the radiant display of our mind/soul. But a window can be flawed and subject to distorion, karmic vision.

Cleaning the windows of our house, remembering the Hebrew letter He in the Great Name, and its representation of the Holy Shekinah above and below, we can hold the intention of the Holy Shekinah among the people, blessing and uplifting them, and likewise, we can hold the intention of the removal of karmic vision, the vision of ignorance, praying that more and more souls are able to perceive the presence and power of God within and all around them, or become aware of the kingdom of heaven spread out upon the face of the earth. In a similar way, alternatively, we can hold the intention of letting in the light of the Spiritual Sun, the Messiah, and a prayer for the reception of that holy light in the people and the land.
- Tau Malachi

Blessings,
Jonas
”Only love has meaning, it raises the smallest action into infinity.” , Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

malochim

Hazy, Clear mirrors of prophecy

#3 Postby malochim » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:03 am

Greetings,

Considering Heh as the window through which we experience the light or emanation of the Holy One and in turn that the clearness of this window affect our vision of reality. In essence what the window represents is the state of our consciousness and to what degree we have realized and actualized the Bornless Being.This is reflected in all states of consciousness including dream and visionary states. In the tradition there is a concept of the "hazy and clear mirror of prophecy" concerning the nature of dream and prophecy, I can recommend the following thread to read up more on the subject.

http://www.sophian.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1750&view=previous&sid=04a041fb14cd71e4cd6f501ccafce37e

Blessings,
Jonas
”Only love has meaning, it raises the smallest action into infinity.” , Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Marion

Heh: Abba-Imma

#4 Postby Marion » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:01 am

Shalom!

It is said that Ha-Shem used the name Yah (Yod-Heh) to create the universe. With the Yod, he created the world to come, and with the Heh, he created this world. As it is said:
“By the word of the LORD the heavens were made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.” (Psalm 33:6). It is said that the “breath of his Mouth” refers to the sound of the letter Heh-the out breathing of Spirit.

Heh seems to have an integral role in creation. Not only is Heh the breath of the mouth of God by which the world was made, but in the Tetragramaton, Heh occurs twice. The first Heh is associated with the upper Shekinah and Beriyah, and the second Heh with the lower Shekinah and Asiyah. This made me curious as to these two modes of Heh. One seems to be unknowable, the other everywhere in our experience.

Regarding these two modes something very fascinating happens when we look into the Tarot Atu associated with this letter. The Atu is the Emperor who is pictured as an older man in profile sitting on a stone cube. The first thought that came to mind was “Why is a letter so deeply associated with the Shekinah depicted by a male figure?” Especially since in Hebrew Heh placed at the end of a noun feminizes it and is said to make it “fruitful” Therefore, I am wondering if Heh has to do with both the masculine AND the feminine? I was thinking about the principle of tzimtzum in this regard. I am wondering if we can think about God as God is in Godself as the masculine principle and the space which God creates in Godself as the feminine principle. The space God creates seems very feminine, like a womb. In the Atu, the Emperor is seen in profile. In Kabbalah, Arik Anpin-the Big Face is also seen in profile. Which has a meaning of while something of this presence and power may be seen through the Son, it remains unknowable. As it is said "No one will see my face and live." it is also said "The Mother shows us the face of our Father." So it is in creation. Without the constriction of Godself in Mercy, we could never come into being so as to come face to face with God.

I am wondering is this play between the masculine and feminine is in the shape of the letter itself? There is a midrash that says that Heh got created when the Yod left Aleph and joined with Dalet. Therefore, Heh is formed by a Dalet and a Yod. Dalet is the Empress in the Tarot and it is said that she is the consort of the Emperor. He is the ordering and directing that which she births. We can see this play out in Bereshit where it is said in the beginning was Chaos and Void. Then a wind from God swept over the face of the waters. Thus beginning to bring order into the chaos and void and beginning creation. Can we see this “Wind” as Heh? Also, it is interesting that the word “light” (or Aleph-Vau-Resh) appears five times in the story of creation. I am wondering if Heh’s association with “light” has to do with a directing principle? Because Heh is associated with Aries and Mars, which has to do with discipline, order and also discernment. The Light of Awareness is that which allows us to see what is from God and what is from the Evil one. It also drives us to seek God, thus strengthening our Kavanah and Devekut. Because if we have discernment, why would we veer from the embrace of our beloved?

I am curious if Heh has to do specifically with the Human One? Because it is interesting that there are five levels of the soul. There are also five elements which all creation is derived from. There are also five fingers on each hand and five toes on each foot and five appendages of the body. It also becomes intriguing when you break Heh down into Dalet and Yod. Dalet=4 and Yod=10. 4+10=14. There are 14 bones in the human face and 14 phylanges (long bones) in the hands and the feet. Therefore, I am wondering, can we see Heh as a letter of Gods presence and power within the Human one?

Given this, it is interesting the enumeration of Heh: 5. the fifth element is Spirit Space and is Tzaddik as is beautifully detailed elsewhere in this forum. Therefore, is Heh the ground from which Human One arises? In this regard, it is interesting to note that the Netivah for Heh goes between Hokmah and Tiferet. The Father and the Son on the tree of life. Can we see this as the Father is the ground from which the Son arises? This son then would seem to be a pure emanation of the Father. As Yeshua says “I do only what I see my father in heaven doing.”

When contemplating this, John (Yohanan) the Baptist came strongly to mind. Yohanan was the Tzaddik of the Messiah. So can we say that in this way, Yohanan is the ground from which Yeshua arises? Also, it is interesting to contemplate the initiation of Baptism. In the Gospels, a dove descends on Yeshua after he is baptized. Can we see this as the light of awareness? Immediately after this we are told that Yeshua gets called out into the wilderness and is tempted by Satan there. Which begs the question, What happens when the light of awareness dawns? Will we not see everything that is not light? Not like itself? If Yeshua is tempted by Satan, is this not the play of his own desires and fears that arise? Yet we conquers these by the presence of awareness. Always drawing the desire or fear inward and upward-Godward instead of downward and outward.

I was contemplating teachings on the serpent power with this. Because it is said that if this power awakens in us without first awakening the descending force, it can manifest as a downward and outward force. Amplifying our fractured desires and fears, conscious or unconscious. Heh seems to be this principle that allows us to be totally single and focused in our intention. Never veering from the goal. Which ultimately is Union with the Infinite and Eternal Or Ain Sof.

May We Become No Body So As To See Your Face Ha-Shem Amen and Amen.

Blessings and Shalom!

Marion

Return to “Gematria: The Play of Holy Letters & Numbers”