Gematria of Achad: The Unity of God and Creation

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Gematria of Achad: The Unity of God and Creation

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:19 pm

Consider this:

Achad, Alef-Het-Dalet.

Alef = One: the One God, unique and individual, the source of all.

Het = Eight: The Living Presence pervading and encompassing the eight heavens, and all angels and souls within them.

Dalet = Four: The Living Presence pervading the earth, the four directions of the Sacred Circle, and all living spirits and souls above, upon and within the earth in all directions.

Next time you intone the Shema as you conclude with Achad and prolong the intonation of Achad, let this be your kavvanah, your intention and focus, and as you intone, intend the conscious unification of all creation with the Holy One; hence, intend the enlightenment and liberation of all.

Amen.
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Yonah

Re: Gematria of Achad: The Unity of God and Creation

#2 Postby Yonah » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:51 pm

Greetings!
Thank you for this beautiful message and practice within the Shema.

It is fascinating that Achad - One, has letters that mean one, eight, and four. It is beautiful because it says that the One is everywhere that there is light! One God - everywhere!

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

One and only

#3 Postby Elder Gideon » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:58 am

Shabbat Shalom, Tau Malachi:

This contemplation you've offered is so dynamic. I'm quite grateful.

Seeing the word achad throughout scripture marvelous: the First Day of Creation is called yom achad. Related to this is another meaning for one that is in the sense of what is singular and unique, as of a beloved only child, yachid, יָחִיד. It appears rarely in instances of only-children, as well as with connotations in psalms of that which is most precious of the soul. This search finally introduced me with the root of the inmost part of our soul, yechidah, as it appears with a final heh.

For the unity, the achad, we pronounce in the Sh'ma, how may we reconcile this unity, this singularity, with the infinite uniqueness of each and every living being flowing out from their inmost spark, the yechidah?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:16 am

Grace and peace to you from Yahweh Elohim, Shaddai! Amen.

Yes, Achad in the Shema indicates the One and Only God, or the Unique One. Indeed, “who is like unto God,” the Infinite (Ain Sof)?

Listen and hear, and understand! As we know, the Messiah is called the “only begotten Son of God” (Yechid Ben ha-El), and this is true of the Indwelling Messiah within us all, for there is only one Anointing of the Perfect Light and Holy Spirit that awakens souls, and the Messiah, the Anointing, is the very same in each and every one of us, though at the same time the Messiah in each of us is a unique emanation and manifestation, like no other.

This, of course, is also true of the inmost aspect of our soul, yechidah, the divine spark or unique essence, which is, in fact, inseparable from the Messiah; this Light of the Infinite One, or ‘Unique One,’ is the same in essence and nature within all living spirits and souls, and yet in each spirit or soul there is a unique emanation and manifestation, individual.

In this play of countless emanations and manifestations of the One – Achad, although the Unique One becomes countless unique individuals, nevertheless the One is undivided and remains One – all are One, universal.

The individual and universal are inseparable from one another, and are inseparable from the Holy One of Being, the Infinite and Eternal.

This is in what has been said of the kavvanah of Achad: the One, the heavens and the earth – all the One.

There is something of an open secret about an innate awareness of this supreme mystery that we all have. It’s in our experience of aloneness. All of us, all sentient beings, experience aloneness. It’s universal. Even in a great crowd, always we feel individual and alone. Indeed, it is true. You see, if there is only the One and there is no other, then all is the One, each and every one of us, and there is only the One alone (All-One). Understanding this, do not push away or avoid the feelings of aloneness, but rather embrace the experience of aloneness, for in it you may experience oneness with the Infinite.

To realize this oneness we must go within and we must learn to be aware of the inwardness of ourselves and all things; hence, becoming aware of the Messiah, the Holy One, within all things. When we are aware of the inwardness of all things, so we will become aware of the innate goodness, holiness and uniqueness of each and every thing; it is a vision of things as they are in God – a vision of Great Beauty, or the Great Natural Perfection.

In closing let us understand that in God’s eyes each of us is the only begotten child, completely unique.

This hints at the immeasurable love God has for us. Contemplate this well, and understand!

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Yechidah Cornerstone

#5 Postby Elder Gideon » Fri May 01, 2015 12:46 pm

Shalom Tau Malachi:

What you're sharing of aloneness is very affirming, even nurturing. A spiritual crisis for me, what amounted to virtual mid-life work while grieving the death of both of my parents in my twenties, was this most essential confrontation with aloneness as inevitable and holy. There's no end to the structure of aloneness, yet I feel a new foundation beneath the house of my life, embracing and enjoying the state which the Living Yeshua calls solitary: On the day when you were one, you became two. But when you become two, what will you do (Thomas, 11)?

Parallel with achad, one, is what is first, foremost, chief, and head: Rosh. Adam ha-Rishon is First Adam. Reshit is Beginning. Rosh ha-Shannah is Head of the Year. These and many other examples share in the expression, effect, or movement of what is one: inaudible, invisible, and ineffable.

Perhaps it's where I am in my journey as I'm observing how carefully I must contemplate the mystery of achad without confusing this with a conceptual number. My experiences of the reality of achad as one are metaphorical, not numerical. As I've encountered others prematurely claiming great influxes of spiritual light, I'm aware of how swiftly one and oneness slip into truisms describing transcendental experiences. At whatever gradation one approaches a non-dual, gnostic awareness, unity seems more simply and directly described as what is. I can't call it special or extraordinary, for it is the ground behind and beneath everything so ordinary I dismiss it.

I also certainly dismiss the open secret of uniqueness—the inmost soul—which mekubalim say is so holy that not even the greatest archangels may enter. The inmost locus of the soul, the yechidah of a living being, is a spark from the body of the Primordial Adam, Adam Kadmon. This spark is expressed by hayyah, primordial life-force. Yechidah and hayyah are present neither in time nor space of a soul, yet mysteriously are the root of how a soul threshholds into time and space by way of neshamah, an energetic tzelem-image giving form to this life (hayyah) and clear light spark (yechidah). How astrological tides shuffle configurations of ruach and nefesh either fragment or integrate the alignment and remembrance in the deeper layers of a soul to greater faith and experience of the unity layering the soul.

In this moment, recognizing all of this is as simple as you've said, In God’s eyes each of us is the only begotten child, completely unique. Realizing this, however, comes painfully as in greater and greater contractions of birth when the crown of the head first appears in this world. I don't know who I am without going deeper within. To make contact with something beyond my name and form will require that I desire and live from it. To the degree I consistently orient from this point of reference over every other is the same by which my uniqueness manifests.

This very journey shedding what I am not to reveal who I am focuses how I am unique. Accessing what is only-begotten is accessing my Divine nature. We read this in Gospels, where at the Baptism and Transfiguration, the Father heralds: You are my Son, the Beloved; with you I am well pleased. What is the Father heralding but the realization of this inmost, unique essence? This is an astonishing promise to us all, a promise we celebrate in the Feast of Lady Mary Magdalene: She pivots from Yeshua's entrance into who and what of him is only-begotten to who and what is only-begotten in herself.

From her recognition and realization of how she too is only-begotten, we all have access to how we are each only-begotten, given a white stone, and on the white stone is written a new name that no one knows except the one who receives it (Revelation 2:17). This new name on a white stone I cannot separate from the cornerstone that the builders rejected (Psalm 118:22), which Hebrew translates rosh pinah, head of the corner. The whole journey of a soul is encountering and embodying the cornerstone of one's being, which seems synonymous with uniqueness.

It seems ironic that primordial uniqueness exists at all in the context of ain-nothingness. If I may ask, what more may be said of how our lineage correlates enlightenment with embodying uniqueness?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#6 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri May 08, 2015 8:57 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

If you wish to return to God, first you must return to yourself, you must be and become who your are in God, the Unique One. In so doing, naturally, you will embody the inner aspects of your soul and the I Am, which is your uniqueness. Understand, enlightenment isn’t becoming like everybody else, but rather it’s a process of self-knowledge and self-realization, being and becoming who and what we truly are, a unique individual who is awake and who is aware of their innate unity with the universal and the source of all, the Infinite One.

If we consider the stories of the great holy and enlightened ones who have walked among us, those who have revealed and taught the wisdom traditions of the world, each was a unique individual, and although enlightened, they were very different people from one to another, and yet they embodied something of Divine or Enlightened Being – the Infinite One. If we consider this, then we will understand that the embodiment of enlightenment is unique every time; the enlightenment embodied is the same in essence and nature, but individual and unique in manifestation.

Of course, if we look into creation and nature we find that this is true of all things. This principle of uniqueness is present in all. Each and every thing that appears in creation is unique and individual, even though it is the same in essence and nature with all of its kind. In this we may recall what we are taught about snowflakes, that each and unique in their formation, and that of all the snowflakes that have ever fallen no two have ever been are exactly alike.

This principle of uniqueness manifest in all things is the direct expression of the uniqueness of the source of all, the Holy One of Being.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Mark

#7 Postby Mark » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:59 pm

Next time you intone the Shema as you conclude with Achad and prolong the intonation of Achad, let this be your kavvanah, your intention and focus, and as you intone, intend the conscious unification of all creation with the Holy One; hence, intend the enlightenment and liberation of all.

Shalom Tau Malachi,
I was born into a Jewish family but I was never really able to relate to the Hebrew language and was unaware of any possible mysticism within it. I always heard that the Shema was the holiest of chants, but did not actually feel the holiness until I started to practice the intonation of Achad as you suggest. It is a healing to reconnect with my roots in a meaningful way.
May each step of our inner tikkune contribute to the tikkune of all.
Shalom,
Mark

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#8 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:47 am

Shalom,

I'm happy to hear that the kavvanot have brought life to the intonation of the Shema for you. Praise Ha-Shem! Unfortunately throughout much of Judaism the mystical tradition has been left out, similar to what we see in much of Christianity, though in many places there are efforts to restore mystical spirituality to the Jewish faith. This is good to see.

Blessings to you!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Mark

#9 Postby Mark » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:48 am

Shalom Tau Malachi,
Praise to God for the grace communications that flow through you that support our awakenings. When intoning Achad, the vibration is felt within as well as the space all around. Even though this feels like a complete practice without necessarily adding anything more, I am wondering if there would also be any recommendation regarding the direction one would face while chanting, any of the Sefirot that would be beneficial to focus on, and any enhanced healing for the consciousness of oneness by inviting the sacred unity of Yeshua and Magdalene into the energies of the experience. I am thankful for the prayer that touched my heart offered by Elder Sarah a few weeks ago during the Tuesday evening chat: "May God and God's creation become one on the face of this great Earth."
Shalom with gratitude,
Mark

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#10 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:23 pm

Shalom,

When we intone the Shema usually we face the east, the "place of the resurrection" or "dawn of the Spiritual Sun."

As you intone the Shema envision the entire world as a great radiant display, and envision yourself in a body of radiance, or glory.

When you intone "Shema Israel," cleave to Malkut, when you intone Adonai Elohenu cleave to Yesod, and when you intone Adonai Achad cleave to Tiferet; in this way you will uplift and bless all along with yourself

Joined with this, if you wish, when you intone Yahweh Elohenu and cleave to Yesod, envision the world as a radiant display dissolving and merging with you in light body, and as you intone Adonai Achad and cleave to Tiferet, envision that you in body of light dissolve and merge the radiance of Ain - Clear Light, like a rainbow dissolving into the sky; let all be offered up and reintegrated with the Light Continuum (Yahweh) in this way.

First work with cleaving to the corresponding Sefirot, then add the visualization and dissolution once the inward cleaving is established.

These are the essential kavvanot for the Shema, the later of course corresponding with a prayer for divine rapture.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Gematria: The Play of Holy Letters & Numbers”