Faith & Children (Emunah & Banim =102)

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Faith & Children (Emunah & Banim =102)

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:41 am

Faith & Children

The word for faith, emunah, and the word for children, banim, both enumerate 102, and as such they are connected.

On the surface the teaching that is drawn from this is that “faith brings children,” and conversely that a lack of faith obstructs the fulfillment of the desire for children. It is clear, however, that people without faith have children, and even evildoers have children, as well as people of faith. This provokes a question about this teaching. What does it mean that faith brings children?

First in this teaching we may assume that when it is said that faith brings children that what is meant by this is the incarnation of luminous souls, or souls of higher grades. If a man and woman embrace one another in faith and love, cleaving to the Shekinah and Holy One, and cleaving to one another, then a luminous soul, or a soul of a higher grade, may be attracted to them, for the Holy Shekinah rests upon them and the Spirit of God moves between them. Likewise, if a man and woman embrace one another in faith and love, and they have knowledge of the Sefirot, and know how to unify their soul with the Sefirot, they may even be able to invoke a soul with a soul root they believe is needed in their family.

Second, when people of faith raise children they raise children according to their faith, and instruct their children in their faith, laboring to raise faithful and compassionate human beings - spiritual individuals. Thus, the faithful generate luminous souls - souls that cultivate the qualities of a true human being, the Divine Attributes; in this way faith brings children - faithful and spiritual humanity.

This is not to suggest, of course, that souls of a higher grade cannot enter into different family circumstances, or that luminous souls cannot emerge from dysfunctional families. They can and they do, all as there is need and God wills it. Rather, this is to speak of the power of faith in the conception and rearing of children, and the potential for the generation of greater souls among us capable of enacting greater works, greater good.

Thus, if and when a couple desires to conceive a child the sages of wisdom teach that they are wise to strengthen their faith, enact deeper devotions and increase their inward cleaving to the Holy One and the Shekinah, for in so doing they will attract a luminous soul, a soul of a higher grade, to be their child. Likewise, desiring children, they are wise to be committed to raising children who have faith and compassion, children who will serve to uplift humanity, or serve the kingdom of heaven and return to the Holy One. In so doing the Holy Shekinah will rest upon them and the Spirit of God (Ruach Elohim) will move with them, fulfilling their heart’s desire.

Here we may say that there is great light-power or merit generated in the raising of faithful and compassion children, and in it there is a manifestation of hope for the future.

There is another teaching that we can draw from the numerical connection of faith and children, for as we know children are inclined towards a natural faith and belief in miracles, and Adonai Yeshua encourages us to be as little children. Thus, if we have faith we are to be as little children, believing in the good and in miracles, and through such faith we will realize the good and experience miracles; hence, we will experience the presence and power of the Holy One in our lives, the Shekinah and Holy Spirit. On one level we may understand children as life, and to have such faith is life - the Life Divine through which we realize eternal life, bornless being, the enlightenment of the World-To-Come.

Now there is another word that also enumerates 102, Vilon (“veil”), the name of the first heaven corresponding with the paradisiacal earth, Tibel. If a person abides in faith, even a most simple blind faith, and they live according to their faith, enact earning a livelihood in faith, and raise their family in faith, they will be established in the first heaven, which corresponds with faith. The greater a person’s faith, the greater the works of their faith and their love of the Holy One, the greater the ascent of their soul in the heavens. Thus, simply through faith, and living according to faith, souls are established in the heavens and are able to ascend, returning to the Holy One.

O Adonai, please bless us with an ever growing faith so that we may continue our return to You, cleaving that we might be gathered into You (Atoh)! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Bevan

Re: Faith & Children (Emunah & Banim =102)

#2 Postby Bevan » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:51 pm

Shalom Community!

Thank you Tau Malachi for this wonderful esoteric and practical teaching which I have found encouraging. I appreciate how it unites us with those in the outer church and also connects me with my early understanding of faith. It makes me thankful for my parents whose faithful cleaving to Yeshua brought me into the world and into belief. I also sit in wonder considering my deep desire for my own children to have faith.

I remember back to when I became troubled in my simple understandings and began to question my old interpretation of Yeshua when he said:
“...Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.” John 3:7,8
This verse separated me from others. I was 'born again', they were not. One day, I set this verse aside not knowing what to make of it.

Having journeyed some, I now see the institutional church, new age religion and scientific belief as a gift from God because they nurture "faith". However, these institutions ask that I submit to them as external authorities, which opposes the internal authority of my Christ Self. I need to move deeper within to be "born of the Spirit". Could we say that institutional faith births spiritual children? Might Yeshua in this verse be saying that “faith brings children”?

May all God's children claim the hidden life that is theirs in the Holy One,

Bevan.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:02 am

Grace and peace to you in Messiah Yeshua, our Adonai!

It a rather tongue-in-cheek saying the Gospel of St. Philip teaches us that “it is the Holy Spirit that leads souls astray.” This, of course, is speaking about those called to the Gnostic Path, or those in whom the mystical inclination has awakened, who emerge from mainstream churches seeking direct spiritual and mystical experience of Christ; hence, spiritual Christians, or “Gnostic Christians.” From the perspective of mainstream or orthodox Christianity such souls have been “lead astray,” but in truth they have been brought into a deeper, more passionate faith seeking a greater communion, greater nearness and unification with Christ and God.

Here we may remind that Adonai Yeshua teaches that we need to be born of “water and the Spirit,” and that rebirth of water corresponds with the outer exterior church and the rebirth of Spirit corresponds with the interior church. Many receive the rebirth of water, few receive the rebirth of Spirit, for few are willing to “be like the wind,” or be carried where the Spirit of God would take them. I’m reminded of a man who says to Yeshua, “I believe Lord, please help me with my unbelief.” It is as though having received baptism, and having come to faith, he is invoking full rebirth, the anointing of the Holy Spirit, which is the fruition of our initial faith in Christ and God, and is our true reception into the Body of Christ.

According to the Gospel of St. Philip there are three grades of human souls, and within these three grades there are many gradations. There is bestial or material humankind, and there is faithful humankind, and there is spiritual humanity, and it is from within spiritual humanity that Gnostics emerge, those who have direct spiritual and mystical experience of Christ and God, and who have acquired wisdom, understanding and knowledge through their Gnostic experience.

Understand, this is not meant to proffer an elitist view, as though we are separate from others, or better than others, but rather it is to speak of development and evolution of souls through various grades or stages as they come into being and seek to return to God, or seek enlightenment. Likewise it indicates different capacities in human beings, which rather than encouraging pride and arrogance, encourages compassion, understanding that it may not be possible for all to come to faith in this life, let alone to acquire gnosis or enlightenment. There is a journey through many lives that souls must make, and there is a process of soul evolution, and until the conditions are present in the evolution of a soul the sparking of faith and awakening of the soul cannot happen; it happens only in due season, all as ordained by the Supreme.

This does reflect another esoteric understanding of the connection of faith and children, for when faith is kindled in us by the Spirit and we are born of water, we pass from bestial or material humankind into faithful humankind, and when our faith matures and our soul awakens, and we enter into direct spiritual and mystical experience of Christ and God, then we emerge from faithful humankind into spiritual humanity, and in this we may acquire true gnosis - enlightenment.

Thus we may say, “faith brings children,” the generation of spiritual human beings who may experience enlightenment and liberation - Christ Consciousness, or God Consciousness.

We would not be swift to dismiss exoteric religion, although it is a klippah or husk of spirituality, for through it faithful and spiritual humanity is generated, and it is like a womb giving birth to mystics, or Gnostics.

If you consider children you can see that first we are bestial, and then as we grow and mature we are able to become faithful, and then, among the faithful there are those who become spiritual, those who are awakened by the Spirit and born of the Spirit; hence, if a soul has emerged into spiritual humanity in this life, they began in bestial or material humanity, and bestial and faithful humankind is part of them - we are all interconnected.

Given what has been shared, when raising children in faith parents are seeking to help their children to reach their fullest potential, understanding that the souls of their children can be of different grades, and sometimes even of higher grades than their own. Having faith, and the experience faith brings, we know that nurturing faith in children is an essential key to the realization of their greatest potential in life as human beings, and we know that it will guide and uplift them in all that they do in their lives, leading them in return to God.

Here it needs to be said that nurturing faith in children is twofold, it is nurturing faith in themselves and the good in humanity, and nurturing faith in God, or enlightenment, for faith in God is interdependent with faith in oneself as a child of God.

There are these three gradations in the evolution of souls, but there are many grades within these three, and there are gradations beyond in which souls become more than human, they become divine and supernal as we see with Yeshua and Mirya.

Bestial or material humankind corresponds with Malkut, faithful or psychic humankind corresponds with Yesod, Hod and Netzach, and spiritual humanity corresponds with Tiferet, Gevurah and Hesed; then there is supernal humanity, corresponding with Da’at, Binah and Hokmah. As we know, within every Sefirah there are all ten Sefirot, and therefore we may speak of one hundred grades of souls passing through the human life-wave in an evolution beyond the present humanity into Christ - Supernal Humanity.

Now there is another way that we may understand faith and children, for when a person is anointed with the Spirit and comes into being as a holy tzaddik an assembly forms around them, and in effect their assembly is an enlightened family; as they engage the Light Transmission, and impart their ruach and da’at to their companions, so they conceive, gestate, birth and raise children of heaven, children of God. This transpires through a passionate faith and cleaving, and through the wisdom, understanding and knowledge (Habad) that comes through faith, and their aim is to elevate the souls of their companions to their grade and beyond; hence, to impart the power of their faith and knowledge in full, completing their soul’s call and mission.

That tzaddikim may serve to uplift souls to their own grade, and even beyond, we see with Yohanan the Baptist and Yeshua, for Yeshua, the disciple or companion of Yohanan, ascends to a grade beyond his tzaddik becoming the Messiah, embodying the Spirit of God in full.

A good parent will understand this, for a good parent desires their children to achieve even greater things then they have achieved - greater success in life; so it is with tzaddikim in their spiritual labors, they desire their companions to have greater achievement, greater success, then their own.

Yeshua says this to his disciples, “You will do greater things than you have seen me do.”

Let us have faith in his words and let us strive to fulfill them; may the Holy One empower us to accomplish this! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Bevan

#4 Postby Bevan » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:39 am

Shalom Tau Malachi,

I am in awe of the Path of Ascension, illustrated by the Tree of Life, and the equality of children birthed on this path of the Great Work. I greatly appreciate the experience of how spiritual parents (especially Holy Tzaddik and enlightened family ) desire a “sparking of faith and awakening of the soul” and that this “happens only in due season, all as ordained by the Supreme.” This is the good news of grace. Let the Doer fall silent.

May we “be like the wind” carried where the Spirit of God would take us, and may children become spiritual parents.

Bevan.

Return to “Gematria: The Play of Holy Letters & Numbers”