Saying 13 - Ransom!

Yonah

Saying 13 - Ransom!

#1 Postby Yonah » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:23 am

Greetings and blessings in the name of our Lord and Lady!

In my prayer and study today, I was contemplating Secret Gospel of Mary saying 13:

Mary Said: “When you also pay the ransom, then you will be ransomed, and no longer will you be held hostage.”

This saying seems to be one of the shortest in the Secret Gospel, but holds so much power for our path. We have dialoged in a couple of other forums about suffering. There have been really awesome and beautiful insights. This verse seems to be speaking to suffering and much more.
When I hear or read the word “ransom” my first thought is Yeshua and the beautiful sacrifice and wonderworking he performed at the Crucifixion. My next thought is then, of course, Magdalene and what she endured to be the “Soul of the World” in this movement. For many years I thought that this movement was external and that trusting in Yeshua was enough. Cleaving to the Risen Messiah is essential to our path and a way to break sin (or karmic bonds).

What this verse points out so beautifully is that the movement of the crucifixion is no outside of us, but has to become internal. When we are willing to give our life for our friends; to give ourselves as an offering for God and the people; to make the Light Continuum the purpose of our life, then we take up this cross with Yeshua and begin to pay the ransom for all. I know for myself, when I take this up I also have a completely different perspective on suffering and happiness. Shekinah shows us that all are what is happening and both lead to the enlightenment and liberation of all beings. It is as if Mercy and Severity become a continuum with no beginning and no end – both, in God, are really Compassion.

I believe that from a Gnostic view hostage is seen as being enslaved by the archonic forces and demiurgos. I don’t doubt this, but know that my experience is that when I do not take on the perspective of God and am stuck in self-grasping it is fear, anger, and loss that hold me hostage. I am bound up in the evil inclination and actually have bound myself in chains. Freedom comes from it not being about self, but about Christos and the mending of the world.

These contemplations are coming up really strongly in everything I study lately. I’ve learned that when a theme becomes clear it is because it’s what’s happening in me and it’s what’s happening in my friends and ultimately the world.

One contemplation that is striking me very hard is how can we enact the ransom in our lives? What things can we focus on and spend our time doing that will take us closer and closer to this place of being completely for God and the Light Continuum?

There are obvious things such as community, study, prayer, meditation, etc – but what steps can we take in our lives to take ourselves out of egoistic desire and focus on what is really important?

I look forward to taking this further!

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

sheryl
Site Admin

Re: Saying 13 - Ransom!

#2 Postby sheryl » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:04 pm

Shabbat Shalom Bishop Yonah!

Thank you for sharing this contemplation with us. It is a timely flow coming out of the Feast of the Apostolic Succession! Praise our God!

You have asked how we can enact ransom in our lives? In contemplating this this day, something Brother Phillip spoke in a recent Shabbat Discourse came to mind. To paraphrase, our brother offered that our call is to uplift wherever we go, wherever we find ourselves, which means that when we enter a circumstance or situation, we do so with the intention of uplifting - whether we walk into a klippotic or a light filled situation, always seeking to uplift what is transpiring. This means not only being prepared to give, but also knowing that there are times when our openness to receive fully uplifts the situation.

Elder Sarah has been speaking of rega, or the pausal moment in these past weeks, and adding this to what has been shared, it seems that we can proclaim that uplifting a situation arises out of rega, out of pausing to see what is actually occurring energetically in the situation, pausing to see God in the situation, pausing so that something of God might move through us.

A teaching that is often spoken also comes to mind: What is given can only be fully received when it is given to and received by another. It seems in considering this with our Lady's saying regarding ransom, we cannot fully receive ransom until we have ourselves enacted it.

If I might close with some thoughts that are found in Apostle Paul's epistles:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit.

And

But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

And

And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Yeshua Messiah and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

This last teaching in 1 Corinthians 2 has me stopped in my tracks, for what occurred in Paul's mind and heart to put him in such a mind set? To know nothing except Yeshua Messiah and him crucified. This has attached to contemplations about the descents into darkness known in the journey. Often it is taught that darkness is the secret mission of the Holy Spirit, and it comes to mind that the mystery of darkness, of the depth of evil, is revealed to those who willingly descend for others, those who willingly enter into darkness to enact ransom for others. Such mysteries perhaps can only be known by those who have enacted such service.

Abundant praise and gratitude to the Holy Ones among us who are our ransom, who willingly suffer for the liberation of all beings.

Sheryl

Yonah

#3 Postby Yonah » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:55 am

Greetings Sister Sheryl!

First, apologies for how long it took me to reply. It’s been a busy few days here in Magdalene Circle.

Beautiful contemplations!

I think that your drawing out of Brother Phillips’ comment on “uplifting wherever we go” is quite lovely. I think that many times, especially early in our journey, we tend to feel like in Circle or in some other form of spiritual movement we need to uplift in giving and receiving. Yours and Phillip’s contemplations make me think of how we need to be prepared to do this every minute of every day – not matter circumstances. That even means when we are feeling it or in a “good” place. Trusting YHWH Elohim means everywhere, any time, no matter what. I know we will not be perfect at this, but I think this is what we strive for.

I’ve been reading Elder Sarah’s posts and listening to her discourse on rega. This definitely is in this contemplation. What a great message. I tend to be a “doer” and I have to continually remember to pause and let the Spirit speak and move me. In times of trial or when someone is having difficulty, I especially have to slow down and let Ma speak instead of just acting.

Thank you so much for the scriptures you have brought forward. All have made me think and contemplate this further.

I’ve been contemplating this week about scripture and the people or Partzufim discussed in them. It’s so important to not only see these personalities as separate entities, but also as personifications of something inside of us. While reading scripture and seeing what people are doing helps me to see my own strengths and weaknesses – where I am serving and where maybe ego is stepping in. I believe that this can also help us with our service, but giving us examples of how service glorifies God and times where the ego goes astray. Your example of 1 Corinthians 2 is a perfect example. If we can get into Pauls’ heart and mind maybe we can see something of ourselves.

As we move from Feast of Apostolic Succession into Feast of the Apocalypse, this right of ransom seems to be moving from the succession of the light presence from being to being into the birthing of the new humanity. What a better call for us to serve and be ransom for others?

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

sheryl
Site Admin

#4 Postby sheryl » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:23 am

I think that many times, especially early in our journey, we tend to feel like in Circle or in some other form of spiritual movement we need to uplift in giving and receiving. Yours and Phillip’s contemplations make me think of how we need to be prepared to do this every minute of every day – no matter the circumstances.

Shalom Bishop Yonah and Friends,

What you said above, Yonah, feels powerful. Imagine being in a conscious state of giving and receiving where ever we go, what ever we do?

It seems that the full act of ransom is not often manifested in our present world, though it is something we are all moving towards: reflecting the Perfect Giver. As we journey, as our consciousness expands into the depths, likewise our giving and receiving will expand, deepen. It just comes to mind that ransom is the vehicle through which heaven and hell are joined. It is the place of meeting, joining, the place of beauty, where these depths meet in orgasmic bliss.

Shema Israel. Adonai Elohenu. Adonai Achad.

Hallelu-Yah!

Thank you for this contemplation. Praise to Our God!

May we move towards the Holy Feast of the Apocalypse, giving all that we have received.

Sheryl

Yonah

#5 Postby Yonah » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:41 am

Greetings!

I know that I’m not perfect at being able to give and receive every minute of every day, but I have seen that when I can move into that place no matter what is happening, everything changes. It’s magical how focusing on others also transforms us and eases are pain by giving it purpose.

Thank you Sister for pulling out that one statement and exploring it. I hadn’t thought of the Shema in this context, but wow… that’s beautiful.

Shema Israel. Adonai Elohenu. Adonai Achad.

This is a personal favorite of mine and I find myself intoning it all the time. I’ll be doing something and realizing I’m chanting the Shema. It’s become a really special part of the Wedding Feast ritual for me. Every time I hear it I will think of this contemplation!!! What a great intent to have while practicing such a beautiful statement!

Thank you!
Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#6 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:16 pm

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

This saying strikes right at the heart of a misconception prevalent in mainstream Christianity, the belief in some sort of vicarious salvation through faith alone. Instead, we are invited into the same divine actions as Messiah Yeshua, including a full self-offering (ransom), and in this we are meant to experience the same spiritual realization he embodied, God Consciousness, Christ Consciousness. If we take a passage from the Gospel of St. John at face value, this is clearly communicated:

“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends” (15:13-13).

In this passage we are called to love as the Messiah loves, and likewise, we are called to a full self-offering, “laying down one’s life.” As we know, this is not just the altruistic act of dying in place of others, but rather it is also the offering of the entirety of one’s life in service to others, a life lived in which we offer ourselves to Christ and God, and humble ourselves before God and engage a complete surrender to the Christ-Spirit. This “laying down” of our life, though, is not for the sake of any rewards in heaven, nor is it for our own salvation alone, but it is for its own sake, for the sake of the kingdom of heaven and love of God; and if we love the kingdom of heaven and God, then we will love one another, we will love all our relations – all sentient beings.

If we wish to contemplate how we may begin to enact something of the rite of ransom in our own lives, first we may consider giving and receiving meditation, and the wish to use our suffering to take on the suffering of others, praying for the deliverance and healing of others from suffering. There is no escaping the pain, the grief, the suffering that naturally arises in this life and world, and there is no avoiding it. However, if we embrace it in this way, and take it up with the intention of the rite of ransom, taking into our suffering the suffering of others and praying for their deliverance and healing, the suffering in our experience is transformed and uplifted, and it is established in the kingdom of heaven and God.

Another simple way to enact the rite of ransom, understanding that “ransom” is self-offering, giving, charity; instead of being so focused on ourselves, what we want, or our own self-interests and welfare in various situations, we can begin to become more concerned about what others want, their interests, their welfare and well-being. Thus, we cultivate a desire for the happiness of all our relations, and we actively do what we can to help bring about their happiness, the fulfillment of their desires.

If we look and see our obsessive self-focus in most activities and situations, and the constant pushing to get what we want, and how we view things in terms of what we want all of the time, often with little real concern for others, we will recognize that this is the cause of much sorrow and suffering, and that, in fact, there is little joy or satisfaction in it. When we begin to genuinely have concern and love for others, and rather than take we seek to share and give, we will discover some true satisfaction and joy in our lives – and we will be cultivating our true humanity.

Also, consider this saying from the Gospel of St. Miriam, and consider the following passage from the Gospel of St. Matthew: “For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; but if you do not forgive others, neither will your heavenly Father forgive you” (6:14-15).

First, this indicates that to fully receive anything spiritual, we need to give it to others – receiving is complete only when there is giving. Second, we may also say that a primary way of giving ransom for others is forgiveness; learning to let go of things, not needing to be “right” so much, being willing, as it were, to take responsibility of things that happen upon ourselves regardless, and no longer hold others to account.

These are simple, practical ways of enacting something of the rite of ransom that anyone can do if they wish: Giving and receiving meditation, being more concerned about what others want than what we want in various situations of life, and forgiving others who may have harmed us, whether intentional or unintentional.

Ransom is simply self-offering, or giving of ourselves to others.

If we understand that God is within each and everyone of us, “saint and sinner” alike, then giving to others is a true offering to God; and loving one another is loving God – if I love God, so I will love all my relations.

These were a few thoughts I wished to share. I did not read the most recent posts before writing this, but this is what arose for me from the early posts.

Shalom Aleichem,
Malachi
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

staroath

#7 Postby staroath » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:33 am

Shalom Tau and friends,

What I am finding most illuminating about this angle of contemplation, is what Tau says;

'If we look and see our obsessive self-focus in most activities and situations, and the constant pushing to get what we want, and how we view things in terms of what we want all of the time, often with little real concern for others, we will recognize that this is the cause of much sorrow and suffering, and that, in fact, there is little joy or satisfaction in it.'

lt seems that as we journey on the path we become increasingly aware of this 'obsessive self focus', as a kind of background noise in the mind. I am appreciating the 3 steps that Tau is laying out.

1. Giving receiving practice
2. Being concerned more about what others what than what I want
3. Forgiving others for what they have done to us etc.

Lately I have been viewing this tiresome self focus in myself as not some thing to be eradicated and bombed into submission but instead as a call for transformation and purification and teshuvah.

Perhaps others can share more of their experience with the transformation of this personal self focus into method and tool for the daily upliftment and ransom of all

Star

Yonah

#8 Postby Yonah » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:49 pm

Greetings,

Thank you all for extending this contemplation. This passage really struck me very powerfully and all of your contemplations are really powerful.

Tau Malachi said:
“This saying strikes right at the heart of a misconception prevalent in mainstream Christianity, the belief in some sort of vicarious salvation through faith alone. Instead, we are invited into the same divine actions as Messiah Yeshua, including a full self-offering (ransom), and in this we are meant to experience the same spiritual realization he embodied, God Consciousness, Christ Consciousness.”

As many of you know, I wasn’t brought up in a religious or spiritual home. As a child we did not attend church and my only experience of Yeshua was Christmas and Easter stories. When the Spirit drew me to Christianity in my 20s, I began reading the New Testament and was touched very deeply by Yeshua and his great love. With no preconceptions, I only saw the love and unification he taught and none of the dogma. I remember being awestruck when I realized that this amazing being was willing to die for me and for everyone in the world – no matter who or what we are. When I began attending church and his sacrifice was diminished by theology that taught he had no choice in what he did and that he was disconnected from his humanity, I remember being horrified. It diminished the act of ransom and turned it into something that seemed trite.

The reason that this was so horrifying to me was that in reading the Gospels, I realized I wanted to be the kind of person Yeshua was… I wanted to love so much that I would give my life for those that need me. The theological view that makes Yeshua non-human also takes away any chance of people being able to do the same.. even on a smaller scale or in a different paradigm.

I remember finding this Tradition and being thrilled and amazed because I realized that not everyone believed Yeshua’s sacrifice and ransom to be inevitable and rooted only in some divine movement, but also in his humanity. As time went on, I started to realize that we can choose to be like him and be willing to “give up our lives for our friends”.

Star posed the following:
“Perhaps others can share more of their experience with the transformation of this personal self focus into method and tool for the daily upliftment and ransom of all”

I can’t say I’m an expert on the topic, but I can share what I have and am doing to try to be ransom for the world and for my friends.

As Tau Malachi and others have said in this thread, it’s really about getting our focus off of us and onto others. All of your ideas, Star, are very good. Giving and Receiving is an awesome practice to help us get out of our own “stuff”. When we are suffering, in pain, or struggling we can use Giving and Receiving to take away the feeling of it being personal and focus on others. I know that whenever I am suffering I turn to this practice and uplift what I’m going through for the good of any either suffering the same way as I am or for all suffering (depending on how the Spirit leads).

I really believe that dedicating our life to God and path is a huge turning point for our journey. The more we put our energy into Continuum the more we will take focus off of ourselves… I have found this to be a progressive process. In the beginning I set aside time for study and practice. Now I try to make every moment of my life about God and serving others. There is no claim of perfection in this statement, I still fail sometimes, but my goal and focus is on YHWH Elohim. I have the great blessing of being able to get up in the morning and walk into the Sanctuary of Magdalene Circle in my living room. We are not all called to have a Sanctuary House, but we can make our home a dwelling of the Holy One and make our living space holy. I believe surroundings help to remind us what is truly important.

I would say that the biggest change for me is not focusing on striving for some attainment, but just being. When I worry about my own enlightenment, where am I on the path, etc I take my focus off of both God and others. It becomes seeking for self and bread of shame instead of seeking for the benefit of others. I continually have to refocus myself off of this and back to dynamic surrender.
The biggest lesson I’ve learned is to never give up. When I fail, I get right back up and try again, because anything else is folly and ego.

It’s amazing that sometimes the most complex spiritual practices are actually the simplest. As Tau Malachi says in his post:
“Ransom is simply self-offering, or giving of ourselves to others.”

I would love to hear more about others journey and practical ways to give ourselves to others. I believe that there will be as many ways as people and we can share our experiences with our friends.
With much gratitude.

Aleichem Shalom,

Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

sheryl
Site Admin

#9 Postby sheryl » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Shalom Dear Tau, Yonah and Star!

I have enjoyed the contemplations that you have all shared!

It does seem, Bishop Yonah, that focusing or even thinking of our own enlightenment is counterproductive. But do we not need a willingness to recognize the darkness within us, to see the self-grasping and self-cherishing? Not focusing upon it, but recognizing that it exists?

In first contemplating our discussion, it came to mind that upon seeing our darkness, it is our desire to be free from it, our crying out to God, that invokes the Grace that frees us. And while this may be true, especially when we find ourselves in the belly of the whale, something Tau Malachi shared above keeps reverberating.

Ransom is simply self-offering, or giving of ourselves to others.

If we understand that God is within each and everyone of us, “saint and sinner” alike, then giving to others is a true offering to God; and loving one another is loving God – if I love God, so I will love all my relations.

It is also been taught that what we sacrifice, what we offer to God, is our false self-identification, and so it comes to mind that the way to transformation is laid when we offer up the darkness within us to God, offer up the false self identity to God, being neither attached nor averse to it. I must confess that seeing my own bondage to negative behavior first resulted in a recoil, an aversion, crying out to God for freedom. And there does seem to be a place for this, but the contemplation is now swirling around non-attachment and non-aversion.

If we have been brought to this place, woven in karmic vision, there must have been a purpose in Divine Intention, and so there is no blame. Yet non-attachment and non-aversion does not mean there is no desire, it means that our passion, our desire has shifted from self alone to God - passion for the false self, for who we are in ourselves, is transformed into passion for God, for who we are in God. So perhaps we can say that transformation is not that mysterious at all? Perhaps it is the process of letting go of all that is false, leaving only that which is true - our True Self in God?

And we know that transformation is not of ourselves, but that it is Christ within who does the work. So perhaps we can also say that we simply need to receive what is being revealed and let go?

May all beings be transformed, offering themselves for the liberation of all.

With gratitude,

Sheryl

staroath

#10 Postby staroath » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:41 am

Shalom,
Thank you all for your response and wonderful insights.

I am so grateful to hear of the experience of others who have walked this path much longer than myself.
I am struck by what Bishop Yonah says;

quote;
I would say that the biggest change for me is not focusing on striving for some attainment, but just being. When I worry about my own enlightenment, where am I on the path, etc I take my focus off of both God and others. It becomes seeking for self and bread of shame instead of seeking for the benefit of others. I continually have to refocus myself off of this and back to dynamic surrender.
The biggest lesson I’ve learned is to never give up. When I fail, I get right back up and try again, because anything else is folly and ego. end quote

What is coming to mind here are the ideas of dancing with this evil inclination, ie thoughts about me and my illumination, versus a cutting off, a realization that part of this process is the failing and the getting right back up again.

Perhaps we can say- do not be disheartened or discouraged, engage this dance as part of a Divine process.

Tau in another post equates this to a training of a well behaved dog that can become a loving and faithful companion;

Quote;
When we speak of mastery of nefesh behamit, though, we are not speaking of a subjugation by force or violence, or through some sort of repression or cutting off, but rather, much like a dog, we train the ego and nefesh behamit through reinforcing all that is good and true, discouraging what is not, and through love. Working with our ego and nefesh behamit in this way, it may become something like a well trained dog; hence, a wonderful, faithful and loyal companion, also filled with love.
end quote

What also comes to mind is that in so practicing this idea of friendly training, perhaps within ourselves a natural occurance can be the extension of this to others when we see that others ' know not what they doing'.

These insights are creating many AHA moments and i appreciate all these ideas and sharing so very much.
love
Star

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#11 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:55 am

Greeting and blessings in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

Indeed, we may offering up the limited self, and shades and shadows to God, and when we do this we bring them into the light of awareness and they are transformed – we are able to see the spark of holiness or goodness that is in them, and are able to draw out and uplift that spark, returning it to God. In a manner of speaking, we see another way to manifest the energy or fulfill the desire, one that is good and true, and this is the transformation. There are sparks of holiness in all things, there is innate goodness in all things, and recognizing the holiness or good, we are able to manifest and realize it.

The more we offer up the limited, mortal self to God, cleaving to God and returning to God, the more we will become aware of an inner, unlimited self, the Christ Self, or God Self – this awareness naturally transforms our consciousness, and in this transformation, or conversion, Christ and the Holy Spirit take up our person and life, the little self being merged with the “Inner and Higher Self,” the Christ Self.

The ultimate offering to God, however, is not the limited or false self, just as in the days of animal sacrifice it was not weak and blemished livestock that was offered to God; but rather, the true and ultimate offering to God is living as Christ and embodying the Christ-Spirit. It is a life lived in Christ that is the true and acceptable offering to the Most High, that, and that alone.

This is were the misconception of a vicarious salvation falls apart, and St. James addresses this very well; if I have faith in God, then I will pray, bring offerings and worship God in spirit and truth – my offerings, and worship in “truth,” corresponds with good works, or acts of loving-kindness, or charity (every possible mode of self-offering, or giving).

This naturally will lead to a very different orientation in life, shifting from the desire to receive to the desire to give, and shifting from a focus on the ego or little self to a focus upon others, and therefore an reorientation to the universal and God. In this way, quite literally, Christ indwells us and we walk with God; and in this way we draw nearer to God and may experience union with Christ in God.

This corresponds with the awareness of Christ in all, God in all and all in God; to become aware of this is to become aware of a Big Self (Ani Gadlut). or Mochin Gadlut, “Big Mind.”

It is good to bring shades and shadows – klippot, into the light, but for our offerings to God let’s bring sweet fruits and unblemished offerings, all that is good and true recognized and realized, enacted and embodied; hence, works that are in Christ, and that are accomplished by Christ and the Holy Spirit moving with, in and through us, and perhaps manifesting as us.

There is, indeed, a merger though of the little self and Big Self, or the ego and Christ – a cleaving to Christ; but that is enacting the will of Christ, the desire of the Most High – good works. It is in this that the little self, or ego, is an offering to God, through an active and dynamic surrender to Christ and the Holy Spirit, or Divine Grace.

It is true, thinking about becoming realized or enlightened is a great barrier to our actualization, and an extreme focus upon our own spiritual and mystical experiences, and our own enlightenment, relatively oblivious to others, is nothing more than grand manifestation of the ego caught up in the same old ignorance.

In much the same way that thinking about becoming realized or enlightened is a barrier, so also is thinking about good works or charity, and thinking about how we will shift our focus from ourselves to others; rather than thinking and vital sentiment, there is a need for doing, engaging in the actual spiritual work, internal and external. Let us look and see how we might enact loving-kindness today, and enact it, and let us look and see how we might be of help, benefit, to those who are in our lives, and those who we encounter as we walk in this world, and let us take up that work. If we will just take up the good works or active compassion that can be done today, and we continue to do this from one day to another, after some time we will be surprised how far we have progressed in the Gospel, and how much we have changed as a person.

It is through actions, deeds, works, that there is actualization and embodiment – true spiritual realization; hence, living the truth and light revealed to us.

Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Martina

#12 Postby Martina » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:19 am

Greetings and Blessings in the Light of the Holy One!

What a blessing Our Mother inspired the sharing of such direct and practical wisdom! Praise Ma!

“In much the same way that thinking about becoming realized or enlightened is a barrier, so also is thinking about good works or charity, and thinking about how we will shift our focus from ourselves to others; rather than thinking and vital sentiment, there is a need for doing, engaging in the actual spiritual work, internal and external. Let us look and see how we might enact loving-kindness today, and enact it, and let us look and see how we might be of help, benefit, to those who are in our lives, and those who we encounter as we walk in this world, and let us take up that work. If we will just take up the good works or active compassion that can be done today, and we continue to do this from one day to another, after some time we will be surprised how far we have progressed in the Gospel, and how much we have changed as a person.

It is through actions, deeds, works, that there is actualization and embodiment – true spiritual realization; hence, living the truth and light revealed to us.”

This speaks very much of the enacting of the six essentials and remembering the three roots and it also brings to mind a sayings by Lord Yeshua:

“25Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?7
28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin,
29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.”
(Matthew 6:25)

Isn't the Messiah speaking about a full self-offering here too, asking us to think more about others than our selfs? This saying seems to directly speak about embodiment.

Gratefully,
Shabbat Shalom,
Martina
Martina

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#13 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:31 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

Yes, indeed, he is speaking of a full self-offering, and likewise of living in faith, trusting that God will provide, and yet more, he is encouraging us to be present in the moment, awake and alert, aware that God is with us. If we consider the subtle level of what the Master is teaching, he is teaching us to just be, moment to moment, in what’s happening, aware of the Living Presence of God within us and around us. How many of us have come to understand, and accept, the sublime peace and joy, and the experience of wholeness, in just being? If we can recognize this, and allow ourselves to experience it, it will radically transform our consciousness and life, and we will no longer be bound up in the delusion of lack and self-grasping, but rather we will be aware of our innate unity with all and with the source of all, God, and we will experience fullness; this naturally leads to generosity, and the entire array of active compassion and love.

In the midst of the delusion of lack it is difficult to give and be charitable, but in the awareness of fullness, wholeness, completeness, there is an experience of abundance, and giving, charity, is a natural expression of this state of being – just being in God.

There is another aspect of “ransom” that we may consider. Generally speaking, it is a wealthy person who is able to give ransom; hence, a person of means. On a spiritual level, this indicates the generation of merit, or light-power, not for oneself alone, but for the sake of others. This, of course, touches back into no longer being fixated on ourselves and or own enlightenment, but rather becoming more concerned with the salvation or enlightenment of all. And, it is a very different way of the spiritual life and practice than we conceive at the outset, for we no longer practice to “get something we do not have,” but rather to express who and what we are in God, and to generate blessings, merit, light-power, and offer it to others, all our relations. Our full capacity to engage in this spiritual labor comes from our ability to recognize and realize the goodness of just being in God – the innate truth and reality of our being, our soul.

These are a couple of further thoughts I was inclined to share given the verses you quoted dear sister.

Shabbat Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “The Secret Gospel of Mary”