Verse 22 - Acquiring Peace

Martina

Verse 22 - Acquiring Peace

#1 Postby Martina » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:50 am

Greetings in the Light of the Bride!

Mary taught, “If you are violent then your end will be violent, but if you acquire the peace of the Lord, then you will end in peace.” (Verse 22)

This verse inspires a contemplation on the need to bring the violent inclination into secession. It comes very much down to the dynamic that if we don't transform ourselfs we transfer our view to others.

This morning I read what Our Tau shared on the 64th Name of Gevurot and it very much resonates with this contemplation:

“The klippot of being unforgiving and of judging others is very powerful, however, and we may easily fall into the syndrome of holding on to resentments and of seeing only the worst in people – a very dark pessimism and cynicism that is poisonous to our heart and soul. At such times, of course, typically speaking, we are bound up in great self-negativity and insecurity, so that our sever judgments of others reflects our sever judgments of ourselves – at such times, as much as seeing all of the weaknesses and negativity in others, we are displaying our own dark side and creating the conditions in which we invoke and experience the darkness in others.”

As Tau pointed out so clearly, the violent inclination moves in us long before an outward action and there is this dynamic of insecurity and judging others, which can be subtle or not so subtle. It seems this is why the teaching on seeing the good in others is so essential to our tradition.

Saint James teaches us:
“But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.” (James 3:17-18)

And Lord Yeshua taught us:
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.” (Matthew 5:9)

I am grateful for any corrections and others views on this.

In Gratitude,
Martina
Martina

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Verse 22 - Acquiring Peace

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:22 pm

Greetings and blessings to you in the Holy Name of Yeshua Messiah!

The key here is in our hearts and minds, our thought and emotions, and intentions, for if bound up in violence, and judgment, this becomes our experience, but if inclined towards peace, and mercy, this becomes our experience. This, of course, is true immediately, here and now in this world. We need to remember, though, that the state of our consciousness, the habitual patterns of thought and emotions, shape our afterlife experience, and therefore if we are prone to violent or judgmental thoughts that will play out in the afterlife states, and likewise, if we are prone to peace or merciful thoughts that will play out instead.

It’s really very simple. What do I desire, what do I choose? If I desire peace, or happiness, or any positive quality or experience, I must choose it and enact it. If I find myself desiring one thing, but repeatedly choosing another, then I need to look into this and resolve the internal conflict, bringing peace.

When I hear “violence” and “peace,” and a teaching encouraging us to cultivate peace, violence represents all klippot to me and peace represents all Sefirot. Thus, on one level, I’m hearing an active effort to overcome and dispel the husks of darkness – or negativity, and to cultivate the Divine Attributes, or what is good and true.

In this regard we continually have a choice to make and work to do, an active labor for progress in the Gospel, or the generation of the image and likeness of God in us; and this is our way of life, and we are engaged in this moment-to-moment and day-to-day throughout life until our final day.

First and foremost our focus in this, though, needs to be in our thoughts and emotions, and intentions – inward, and then outward in our words and deeds. An outward display of righteousness without the inward change accomplishes nothing, but rather, our outward changes need to flow from inward transformations of our hearts and minds.

It seems to me that the Magdalene reminds us here that we cannot continue on in negativity but need to labor to choose and enact what’s good and true; and likewise it seems that she reminds us that ultimately we determine the experience we are going to have now and in our next life, whether heavenly, hellish or something in between.

Shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

#3 Postby Elder Sarah » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:16 am

Shabbat Shalom!

Thank you Sister Martina for drawing upon this verse, it is one of my favorites, it is so simple, so to the point and so layered in meaning at the same time. Thank you Tau Malachi for elaborating further on the meaning of this verse, these thoughts very much touch into a prominent contemplation which has been circling through the mind as of late.

I hear echoing words that are often shared in teachings, "If not now, when", also, "If you want to know what your next life will be like, look into your life now". The tendency to perpetuate violence is the idea that it will somehow automatically change by engaging the behavior itself, hence, the strange idea that violence will change violence. Somehow, it is easy to get into the mind that this is my experience now and it is meant to be this way, rather than realizing we have in us a power to make a change. It seems this way of thinking is exactly what perpetuates the endless cycles of the Gilgulim, the transmigration of souls that tend to be filled with sorrow and suffering. What becomes interesting is the word "violent" seems to have a focus on now and now only, not maintaining an idea that anything else is possible, while the word, "peace" seems to maintain a transcendent view while being in the now. Where this sends me is to circle around another statement heard often in the teachings, "we seek to be in the world but not of the world". I draw this statement out because I find peace is often easy to come to while in places of sanctuary, while directly in continuum and while directly taking up Spiritual activities, though, it becomes much more challenging to take up while engaging the world. Often in the world while conducting my "worldly" affairs I find violence sneaking in the "backdoor" so to say and taking me by surprise. Peace, on the other hand does take work and a continuous reminder in consciousness of the good, of God.

The question I often ask then, back to the statement, is how we may "be in the world but not of the world"? The teachings tell us, the world is not so separate from our spirituality, hence as there is a union of heaven and earth there must also be a union between peace and violence, hence a place where violence finds peace. Though, it is interesting because often I find I cannot attain that view unless I see a greater movement behind what is immediately happening. To see a greater view is to see according to what St. Paul teaches in Ephesians (6:12) "For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places." This view appears dependent on a view that recognizes myself in the world, but at the same time, beyond this world, in other words, sees a greater view of self. The recognition and remembrance of myself within and beyond allows me to see the spiritual forces behind things. When I can see the force moving with and behind, somehow, the tendency toward violence dissolves and peace is possible. Now, it must be said, peace doesn't always appear "peaceful" outwardly. Peace must be connected to both compassionate and wrathful displays, though this is different than violence.

If I become aware of the spiritual force moving within an behind a violent movement then I may respond in a peaceful way, hence not become caught up in the violence itself. This becomes an extremely delicate operation and it takes much practice walking the tightrope of righteousness so as to not fall into the energy when working with it. As we practice this more and more, I think what in the beginning feels like a tightrope, so narrow and so easy to fall, soon might become a wide walkway, not as easy to fall and more obvious to see. When I say "respond in a peaceful way", again I will stress, this will not always appear as what and how we can tend to think of peace, though, it will not be aimed at the "flesh and blood" which does allow a response that escapes getting trapped in the violence itself, hence the energy itself. It allows one to be in the energy but not of the energy. I appreciate as well the idea that when we see or detect a certain energy moving behind something, this detection gives us a greater strength to go at the energy, where as without relating a behavior to a greater force, our ability to wrestle with it is diminished, and compromised.

The ability to see within and behind "Flesh and Blood" as St. Paul is teaching is a great power here and is a great practice. It really is a delicate balance, how to be in the world but not of the world! How to, as St. Paul also says, "Be strong in the Lord. Putting on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."

Oh Holy One we pray for strength in you, that we may walk in righteousness according to the faith you have given!

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

Martina

#4 Postby Martina » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:29 am

Greetings in the Light of the Holy One, Dear Tau and Elder Sarah!

Thank you for drawing out the meaning of this verse further und praise and gratitude to Our Mother for it!

Contemplating what you both have shared, the teachings of our tradition on the spiritual labor for the pacification, enrichment, subjugation or destruction of spiritual forces come to mind, the way of the spiritual warrior. Could we say, that it is our task to bring peace in this way and it is, as Tau has pointed out, a process that needs to be applied to the spiritual forces in us first and foremost?

Elder Sarah shared “Now, it must be said, peace doesn't always appear "peaceful" outwardly. Peace must be connected to both compassionate and wrathful displays, though this is different than violence.” The teachings on the spiritual labor for the pacification, enrichment, subjugation or destruction of spiritual forces seem to reflect this.

Pacification can be the finding of common ground between what is God's true desire in us and what opposes it. When we find common ground there can be the redirection of a misdirected desire, uplifing and enriching it in this way.

Violence is an expansive force. If common ground cannot be found with strong negative spiritual forces in us there very much is the need to limit them and their influence. It almost seems limiting or subjugating a strong negative force is the first step. When it has lost its strength it can be redirected and integrated, common ground can be found then.

Only when negative spritual forces are so strong that they would overwhelm us they have to be destroyed, split up into smaller forces that can be integrated.

If we unterstand this process in us we will also become aware of it around us and find a way to bring peace.

May we become strong spiritual warriors!

I am grateful for any corrections.

In gratitude,
Martina
Martina

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:12 am

“You have heard it said, “An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, Do not resist an evildoer. But if anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other also; and if anyone wants to sue you and take your coat, give your cloak as well; and if anyone forces you to go one mile, go also a second mile. Give to everyone who begs from you, and do not refuse anyone who wants to borrow from you” (Matthew 5:38-42).

As we know verse thirty-nine is often interpreted, “Do not resist evil,” but in the New Revised Standard Version the intention is clarified and put into context of the entire passage, “Do not resist an evildoer,” hence, do not take up violence or seek revenge.

“Do not resist evil,” however, is also a wise translation and teaching, for to resist or to fight evil is to take on the same energy, and more so it gives more energy to negativity or evil, increasing its force and influence. When we speak of pacification, enrichment, subjugation and destruction of klippot, or husks of darkness, this isn’t a violent resistance, but rather it is a movement, a dance, with the spiritual being or force seeking the resolution of conflict, or seeking to bring peace, not in an adversarial relationship, but rather in a partnership seeking the fulfillment of all. In this movement, this dance, centered within and aware of our transcendence, there is peace, and the motivation of the action is mercy and compassion, even when outwardly there might be a fierce appearance, as in a movement of the wrathful palace.

Understand, the peaceful, blissful and wrathful array of the Holy Shekinah, this is all one and the same Palace of the Holy One, and whether manifest in mercy, compassion or judgment, there is one and the same Divine Presence and Power of the Infinite. As we know, all of these appearances, or movements, are founded upon mercy, or the peaceful array of the Shekinah.

In the play of peaceful, blissful and wrathful arrays of the Holy Shekinah, or the Palace of the Holy One, and the divine action of initiates pacifying, enriching, subjugating and destroying klippot, or unclean and evil spirits, there is an essential key that must be understood, and mastered. Perhaps you may recall what as said of Abram when he went out to battle the Kings of Edom, the forces of the Other Side; “the angel of the Shekinah went before him striking down his enemies.” Thus, when Melchizedek blessed him afterward he said in his blessing, “…and blessed be El Elyon, who has delivered your enemies into your hands” (Genesis 14:20). Understanding this, the essential key is that we are not the doer as we take up this movement, this dance of the Holy Shekinah, and we are not acting in self-cherishing and self-will, nor in the play of desire and fear in self-cherishing, but rather, we are moved by the Holy Spirit, and we are dancing with the Holy Shekinah, and the “angel of the Shekinah” is going before us, engaging in the divine action, whether pacification, enrichment, subjugation or destruction.

If I am not the doer, but the indwelling Messiah and Holy Spirit is the doer, then, truly, though in motion I am at rest, or rather, I am at peace; repose, cessation, is “peace” – the cessation of the doer in the Divine I Am, Eheieh, or the Supreme, El Elyon.

When we cleave and unify our soul, and our mind, heart and body with the Messiah, so through the Holy Spirit we are uplifted and are unified with the Messiah in El Elyon; this is the peace profound that is in Yeshua Messiah, and it is perfect joy, pure bliss.

It is true, this is quite a lofty practice, and a difficult one in this world, and yet it is necessary if we wish to be a true human being, or righteous person, and yet more so if we wish to realize the divinity that is within us.

If you consider it, it is not you or I who can engage greater and lesser spiritual beings, forces, and be victorious, but rather, this can only happen with God’s help and God’s power, through Adonai Messiah and the Shekinah of the Messiah. Thus, as we are taught in the Holy Scriptures, all spiritual beings and forces, all living spirits and souls, are subject to the Blessed Name of Yeshua Messiah, the Anointed, the Lamb of God. In fact, it is for the pacification, enrichment, subjugation and destruction of archonic and demonic forces that Adonai Yeshua enacted a self-offering on the cross, not resisting the adversary and evildoer who came for him; and through the power of El Elyon, God Most High, he overcame all klippot, and even the angel of death itself, and he opened the way for the Great Resurrection and Ascension of spirits and souls.

Outwardly it would seem that Yeshua, who lived in a peaceful, non-violent manner, came to a violent end, but, he was not the doer, he was at peace, and he was aware of his transcendence; he was able to abide, and endure unmoved, and through the grace of the Holy One he was victorious, he was a crowned and conquering King of Righteousness, King of Peace; hence, the high priest of the Order of Melchizedek as we are taught in Hebrews.

What we are speaking about, of course, is not a withdrawal from life, but rather, if we learn this way of repose or cessation of the doer, and have peace within us, it is an empowerment for a far greater and more dynamic engagement of life – an experience of abundant life. At the outset the cessation of the doer may, indeed, be difficult in the midst of mundane circumstances, as you have said Sarah, but with practice, over time, it can become more common in our experience, and not require so much effort to preserve the presence of awareness or mindfulness through which we are able to abide at peace, at rest, unmoved.

In closing, to advance another angle of contemplation, mindfulness, or the presence of awareness, may be said to correspond with peace; thus, the lack of mindfulness or the presence of awareness can be said to correspond with violence.

May we be blessed to be at peace in the Lord, Adonai, so that we might bring peace! Amen.

Yeshua Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Martina

#6 Postby Martina » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:22 am

Shabbat Greetings!

Thank you, Tau Malachi, for these clarifications and pointing to further layers of the saying. Lord Yeshua's death outwardly seems violent, yet inwardly he was at great peace. This remind of our view that this world is a display of the collective consciousness and we are not separate from it. And that in this world things are not what they seem.

Connected with this the presence of awareness brings to mind the teaching on the three roots, which feel to be all about awareness: “Remember your transcendence, set your mind on those things that are above, and remember that God is always with you.”

Remembering our transendence we become aware who is truly the doer. In setting our mind on things that are above we see the need to uplift all and not feed negativity. In remembering that God is always with us we become aware of God in every creature and beings-force and the separation between other and us disappears.

When practicing the six essentials in Mothers Grace we cultivate the presence of awareness, which brings peace.

Gratefully,
Martina
Martina

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#7 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:06 am

I pray the good grace of the Lord is with you this day!

Yes, indeed, the Three Roots are all about generating the presence of awareness. When we live within, and we generate the presence of awareness, our mind and heart are naturally uplifted, there is awareness of our transcendence so that we experience non-attachment and non-aversion (hishtavut), and there is awareness of God with us (Emmanuel), God in everyone and everything. With this presence of awareness, aware of the Sacred Unity – God, underlying all, there is a sparking of deep compassion and love, and within and behind all of the flows and ebbs in life, even in the midst of difficult times, there is a subtle and sublime peace and joy.

Peace is a state of mind. It comes through the presence of awareness, or the practice of mindfulness. When there is peace, so also there is joy, the delight of just being in the Infinite One.

If we look into the Three Roots, they are a practice of mindfulness – each one of them is a way to generate the presence of awareness.

Of course, the Three Roots manifest in full are an experience of Christ Consciousness, or God Consciousness, whether mental or supramental.

On this Day of Rest may peace be upon all beings, and may all beings be happy! Amen.

Shabbat Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “The Secret Gospel of Mary”