Vers 175 - Growing and Evolving in the Holy One

Martina

Vers 175 - Growing and Evolving in the Holy One

#1 Postby Martina » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:07 am

Greetings in the Light of the Holy One!

Mary said, “If a person says, ‘I found it,’ know that they do not have it; yet if a person does not believe they have it, they will never find it.” (Verse 175)

I contemplated this verse this morning. The first part “If a person says, ‘I found it,’ know that they do not have it” seems to speak of enlightement as an ongoing evolution as long as we live. To ever think that we have reached enlightment is a misconception. Because everything is constantly evolving and renewing itself the enlightement experience is no exception from this. This first part of the verse does not only seem to speak of the enlightenment experience but also in a practical way about our attitude toward life. If I am not willing to grow and evolve there is a need for looking inward and working out the ostacles.

“yet if a person does not believe they have it, they will never find it.” This part of the verse seems to speak about separation and the sorrow that comes from it. Seeing the path as the goal, if we know our being and becoming in the Holy One, we have found salvation. On a practical level the keys to grow and evolve are given to us through an understanding of the olamot and sefirot.

May we know our Being in the Holy One and in all its manifestations!

I am grateful for any corrections and additions.

Shabbat Shalom,

Martina
Martina

Yonah

Re: Vers 175 - Growing and Evolving in the Holy One

#2 Postby Yonah » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:22 pm

Greetings and Shabbat Shalom!

This is a beautiful saying. Thank you for your contemplations, sister! I also see a play of Divine Humility and Divine Pride.

If we say we have found "it", first there is a great deal of egoistic pride in that statement and the second question is "what is it?" We know that God nature is Ain (No-thing), so what is there to find? We are both grasping out ourselves and grasping at our ideas of God instead of the true Divine Consciousness and Presence.

On the other hand, as people we tend to fall into self-deprecation, illusion of lack, and false humility. So, if we don't truly believe we can obtain all that we are in God, then we will obtain nothing. We will either not try (because of no passion) or never receive because we do not believe we are "worthy".

Interestingly, one of the things we discussed here in Austin about the Feast of Crucifixion and Resurrection was the fact that we have to let go of this limiting thinking to truly find resurrection. We know we are not the totality of God, but we must know that El Elyon (God Most High) can do anything through us if we are willing and in active and dynamic surrender.

I pray that all beings are able to see who they truly are and their Divine potential.
Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Mark Daniel

#3 Postby Mark Daniel » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:18 am

Wonderful insights!

I would like to add to what Bishop Yonah has offered.

There is perhaps an interesting play on words here: the quote says, "if a person says,". But as Bishop Yonah points out God nature is essentially No-thingness. It seems to me that once this is realized completely there is a fundamental shift from personhood to presence. The 'I' we have always spoken from (the ego) is dissolved and one begins to live more fully as Christ-consciousness. When Yeshua was speaking was he speaking from the personality display (Yeshua the Rabbi) or was Christ-consciousness speaking through him. And if the later, where did the person go.

When the true self is realized will there be a person to say anything at all, or will there will only be presence?

May we all aspire to be No-thing.

Love and Light.

Mark Daniel

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:36 am

Shalom,

Indeed, the inmost quality of the Holy One is Ain, and likewise, the essence and nature of all that appears is Ain. This is true, but as much as being the transcendent, and transpersonal, the Holy One manifests as a person or persons, and likewise, although we may recognize and realize the Ain Nature of Ani, the self or I-thought, and experience Christ Consciousness, mental or supramental, nevertheless self, person, continues to arise in a constant continuum of self-generation. The arising of self continues, but there is the presence of awareness – the presence and power of an awakened soul, or a soul in the experience of Christ Consciousness or God Consciousness.

Look and see! The essence and nature of all that appears – all that’s appearing right now, is Ain, no-thingness, and yet, see, it appears. So it is in the experience of self or person, but with the awareness of the true nature of the self or person; hence, that self is no self, and this is the true nature of the self – the Divine I Am.

As for the ego, in this experience the ego becomes integrated with the inner tzaddik and indwelling Christ-Spirit.

There is, though, a very distinct embodiment and manifestation of a Living Presence or Light Presence (Shekinah) in this spiritual and supernal realization, and the manifestation of person, or self, is transformed and is very different than it is in the unenlightened condition. This Living Presence can have many faces, or move through various emanations of self or person, so in this Living Presence we encounter a very fluid, mutable, shape-shifting self or person, transforming in harmony with what’s happening and what God wills.

These are a couple of thoughts I can share!

Blessings!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Martina

#5 Postby Martina » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:20 am

Greetings in the Light of the Holy One!

Many thanks for these powerful contemplations, Dear Tau and Brothers!

“Indeed, the inmost quality of the Holy One is Ain, and likewise, the essence and nature of all that appears is Ain. This is true, but as much as being the transcendent, and transpersonal, the Holy One manifests as a person or persons, and likewise, although we may recognize and realize the Ain Nature of Ani, the self or I-thought, and experience Christ Consciousness, mental or supramental, nevertheless self, person, continues to arise in a constant continuum of self-generation. The arising of self continues, but there is the presence of awareness – the presence and power of an awakened soul, or a soul in the experience of Christ Consciousness or God Consciousness.”

Thank you, Dear Tau, for sharing this play of Ani and Ain. When we recognize our Ain nature nevertheless as long as we live there is always our personality display arising. It is our task on the path to embody what we have recognized. The first part of the saying also seems to point to this need of embodiment. “If a person says, ‘I found it,’ know that they do not have it” It could be understood as a person just recognizing the Ain nature to some extend at the beginning of the path but not yet seeing the need of active embodiment clearly. There is this work of aligning our personality display with the Light of the Holy One and in this process we become aware of the need to evolve.

“This Living Presence can have many faces, or move through various emanations of self or person, so in this Living Presence we encounter a very fluid, mutable, shape-shifting self or person, transforming in harmony with what’s happening and what God wills.”

How wonderful that our person, our ego, when it is brought into the service of the Holy One can become our ally rather then our enemy! I think, this is part of the self worth Bishop Yonah is speaking about. On the one hand the light is in us on the deeper levels of the soul. On the other hand God has blessed us with many talents in this personality display and it is our task to take them up and to align them with our True Will which is the Will of the Holy One.

May we be willing to this transformation!

Shabbat Shalom,
Gratefully,
Martina
Martina

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#6 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:52 am

Greetings and blessings on this Holy Day of Repose!

There is a play on words and thoughts in this saying, for if the Holy One is Ain, and the essence and nature of all is Ain, all emanating from the Holy One, then what is there to find? Ain is no-thingness, which is to say "not this, not that"; hence, there is nothing to point at and say, "This is it!" In fact, if I point at anything and say that it is God, then whatever I'm pointing at is an idol and I've fallen into the error of idolatry. This, of course, goes beyond material objects, such as statues. As an example, I we can say that God is love, but we cannot say love is God. God, in truth, becomes manifest as all things and is in all things, but all things, or any given thing, isn't God; God, the Most High, is beyond all that appears, beyond emanation, creation, formation and making.

The truth is that "seeking until we find" is the discovery that we cannot find, there is nothing to find, and yet there is the recognition of Ain in this, and as we allow this awareness to pervade us there is self-realization, the realization of Ani-Ain: Self is No Self, this is the Self (I Am, Anoki).

The idea that the truth (Amet) is removed from us, or that we are separate from the Holy One, this, too is falsehood, just as if someone were to think or say, "I found it." In this we may recall the introduction to the Melchizedek teachings and what we are taught: "I know" and "I do not know" are two expressions of one and the same obstruction to knowledge (da'at, gnosis). This teachings is in this saying of the Magdalene.

Self is No Self, God is No God, and yet is the Self Is and God Is. If you go looking for the self you will not find a self, and just the same, if you go looking for God you will not find God, but just abiding, the sense of self arises and the sense of the presence of God, and in the moment there is awareness, there may be recognition and knowledge.

In this perhaps we understand why Yeshua speaks of the need for self-knowledge in the Gospel of Thomas, for it is through knowledge of the self that we may acquire knowledge of God. After all, if I do not know myself, how can I ever propose to know God, or Enlightened Being?

Shabbat Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “The Secret Gospel of Mary”