Teacher & Savior

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Teacher & Savior

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat May 15, 2004 6:51 pm

In the Gospel of Truth we read: He became a guide, at peace and occupied with schools. He came forward and uttered the Word as a teacher (Rabbi). The self-appointed wise people came up to him, testing him, but he refuted them, for they were empty; and they despised him, for they were not truly intelligent. After them all, came also the little ones, to whom belongs acquaintance with the Father. Once they were confirmed and had learned about the outward manifestations of the Father they gained acquaintence, they were known; they were glorified, they gave glory. (Chapter 2, section 3)

There is much contained in this brief passage, some of which is quite esoteric. To begin a thread of discussion on it we can start with a few basic ideas contained in it.

First, and most obvious, is the emphasis upon Yeshua as a spiritual teacher and guide, and the common Gnostic distinction between the Christ-bearer and Christos. The Christ-bearer or apostle of Light is, indeed, a teacher and guide; and the Christ-presence or Light-presence is the initiator - He who comes forward and utters the Word (Light-transmission) as the person of the apostle. Thus, the teacher does teach, inspired by the Holy Spirit and with the Gnosis Mind, but it is the Holy Spirit and indweller of Light who imparts the Light-transmission within and behind the Gnostic transmission.

Quite naturally, were a person to encounter such a holy person, and believe themselves learned and wise in spiritual matters, and not have the ability to recognize a Light-bearer, quite naturally they would consider themselves the equal of the adept or master - and typically they would be put off. Yet, the children of Light are able to recognize a brother or sister of Light, and thus they seek out the spiritual teacher and guide to acquire an authentic spiritual education. The remark about those who are put off or who might despise an apsotle of Light as "not truly intelligent" is, of course, a reference to the lack of the Gift of the Fiery Intelligence or rebirth in the Holy Spirit - for it is this Fiery Intelligence or Holy Spirit that empowers us to recognize a Light-bearer and thus to link with them.

Now we are told in this passage something interesting, for there is a suggestion of outer and inner teachings, a transmission of secret knowledge and a transmission of Light; hence the outer manifestation of the Father and aquaintance with the Father. At first we receive an outer education and experience the outer rites and teachings, all of which will serve as a vehicle for the actual Gnostic and Light-transmission. However, in Gnosticsm, the aim and fruition of it all is direct spiritual or mystical experience. The outer education is not meant as a creed or doctrine of dogmatic beliefs, but rather spiritual truths that we must ultimately verify, know and understand in our own experience - hence an actual self-realization process. In essence this passage is proposing that Master Yeshua was a teacher and guide in the path to enlightement, and in this sense a true Savior.

Another interesting point we might say in an opening of discussion on this passage is the phrase "occuppied with schools." This is actually important, for originally Christianity was not so narrow in its understanding and interpretations of Christ as it tends to be today, nor were the sacred texts so limited - there were many mystery schools of the Christ-revelation, all equally authentic. Basically, there were many schools so as to reach out to many different people - to souls of various grades. These schools were like rainbow rays of the Light or streams of the one Light-transmission. Unfortunately much has been lost in this regard - but, also, much as been preserved in secret which is now being openly disclosed.

Perhaps this ideas might inspire some conversation on this pasage from the Gospel of Truth...

Blessings & shalom! :)
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

ser

Word (Light-transmission)

#2 Postby ser » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:29 pm

Hello Tau,

I'm new to this site and I have just bought two of your books, which I have started reading recently. I'm new to all this. I am Christian, Episcopalian to be exact. I just noticed this word "Light-transmission", could you explain more and define it for me? Also I often hear people in church say that the name of "Jesus has power" and that if you just say the name of Jesus that it is some how powerful. People say how G-d's word has popwer and how he created the universe by just saying the "word". They seem to be saying that language has power or sound has power (which it does, but not the power I suspect it means).

I really believe they don't know what they are saying. I really think they are just repeating words (like in the zen story about the boy who gets his finger copped off). I think this "powerfull word" and "powerfull name" could be this "light-transmission you speak of, and not just "power" as we know it in the English language. This concept might have been acquired form gnostic teachings and has ben transmited in mainstream christian circles wrongly. Please reply.

I apologyze for my ignorance.

Ser
________
Druze Advice
Last edited by ser on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Penelope

#3 Postby Penelope » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:35 am

Hello Ser,

Welcome to the forum! No need to apologize for ignorance; we are all caught in ignorance. My experience is that the recognition of my ignorance is what impels me along the path. So in a way, it is a gift in disguise. Otherwise, I could live this life in a way that gave attention to merely temporary and empty things.

With regard to your question regarding the power in a name, my experience with divine names is their power to direct my attention and thoughts back to that which supports life. Using a name as a mantra or chant connects me to the power of that name. There have been many times when doubt or sadness or anxiety have been so strong that they seemed to want to consume me. When I remember to focus and chant a divine name, it may take a while; yet always the power of that name will dissolve the downward spiral into, say, anxiety uplift my thoughts, bringing peace in my heart. In our tradition, we use the name Yeshua rather than Jesus (Hebrew instead of the Greek pronunciation) and I have found it is a very powerful divine name to disperse negativity and turn my face again towards God.

Peace,

Penelope

Tamara

#4 Postby Tamara » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:45 pm

Hello, Ser,

I'm also new and also from an Episcopal background. A couple of thoughts occured to me that may be helpful.

In more than one tradition, the actual sound (and written form) of words and letters is considered sacred. Both Sanskrit and Hebrew are understood as transmitting the actual creative energy of the divine through the sound of the language, so OM is the primordial word that sets creation in motion. In these languages in particular words are in themselves powerful, because the vibration caused by the sound of the word has an effect on the environment.

This isn't so odd if you think about it. Sound waves are energy and we understand now that some sound waves can be very powerful.

On another level words or names that have been hallowed by centuries of people's use--such as the name of Jesus, even in the Hellenized form, or the words of the Lord's Prayer--carry the power that comes from the accumulation of millions of minds using these words in prayer.

Does that make sense?

Blessings,
Tamara
Student, tell me: what is God? The breath within the breath.

ser

#5 Postby ser » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:06 pm

Thanks for both your answers,
It does make sence in that respect, but I am unsure if most christians hold this view. I think they mean this name holds power just by itself. I like your poin though. Thanks for your reply.

Shalom
Ser
________
MAZDA E PLATFORM HISTORY
Last edited by ser on Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ser

#6 Postby ser » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:08 pm

Penepe,

Can you tell me, if you know, about "Light-transmission"?

Shalom
Ser
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA
Last edited by ser on Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

Light Transmission

#7 Postby Elder Sarah » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:21 pm

Greetings Ser,

The opening of the Gospel of John states that , "In the begginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God: all things were made through him and without him was not anything made that was made. In him was life and the life was the light of the World. The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it. " In contemplating this verse one finds that the "Word" spoken of here is not just ordinary word as one would think, this Word seems to be something of the very Life Force from which everything arises. The words "Light Transmission" seem to be pointing to the same sort of thing, the very Life Force that was, is and for ever shall be, the Life Force in the begginning. Such that Yeshua says in Revelations, 22:13; "I'am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

Beings do have much power in speech, both a creative power and a destructive power, all in how it is used. Speech is a manifesting power that tends to set things in action. It appears that to the degree there is Truth in our speech, there is creative power in our speech and things seem to manifest according to our true intention. When our speech does not contain Truth there is disharmony and if any power at all it becomes a destructive power. Thus, in the creation story in Genesis the words "God said" appear at the outset of the creation of each day, this is a creative power that manifest according to the true nature of Creator. The true nature of Creator is to naturally and spontaneously create. As beings speak in Truth the nature of Creator is further drawn into the World. This draws us back to the meaning of the word "Light Transmission", a labor to bring about a unity of God and God's Name.

Many Blessings,
Sunny

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Gnostic & Light Transmission

#8 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:09 am

Dear Friends,

The phrase “Gnostic and Light Transmission” indicates an initiatory moment – a direct spiritual and mystical experience, which is the transmission of a Living Presence and Power. If we read about the Dove that descends upon Lord Yeshua, the Transfiguration of the Lord upon the Holy Mountain, or the Initiation of Living Word, Radiant Holy Breath and Laying-On-Of-Hands imparted in the Upper Room, all of these point to what we mean by Gnostic and Light Transmission. It is the fruit of faith which opens us to the actual experience of the Risen Savior and Holy Spirit, through which we may recognize and realize this Light-presence and Light-power within us, the Indweller of Light (Christ).

There are many gradations of the Gnostic and Light Transmission, and it can transpire in any number of ways. If something of a Higher Consciousness, and this Light-presence and Light-power, are embodied in a person, that person may become a center of this divine activity and may serve as a vehicle of channel of the Light Transmission, inspiring and facilitating the Gnostic experience with others, and, in effect, “impart” the transmission of the Living Presence and Power, the Shekinah of the Risen Messiah. It may also occur for a person directly through the Risen Messiah and Holy Spirit, apart from a Holy Tzaddik or Apostle, as we see in the case of St. Paul – though having this experience he was sent to a disciple (apostle) of the Risen Messiah to complete his process. In other words, by Gnostic and Light Transmission we mean an Initiation, and an experience that brings gnosis; and we mean a process of Self-realization in Christ (Supernal or Messianic Consciousness).

Essentially, when the Gnostic and Light Transmission occurs in full, there is an experience of a full reception of the “Light from above” and an awakening of the “Serpent Power” (which in the East is called “Kundalini”); the fruition of this experience occurs when the Serpent Power is uplifted to the Crown and joined with the Light, and a state of Supernal or Messianic Consciousness dawns. Thus, in effect, we are talking about a “Kundalini Yoga of the West,” which is found in the Gospel. It is entirely possible that a person in whom this Divine Presence and Power is awakened can serve to activate it in us. It is like a candle that is lit drawing close to one that is unlit. When they part both are on fire with the Spirit of the Messiah, the Holy Spirit.

The Blessed Name of Yeshua Messiah is a vehicle or channel of this Divine Energy, and the various Divine Names we learn in the Scriptures are vehicles or channels of diverse emanations of this Light-power; but in the Name of Yeshua there is the Divine Energy of all the Names, for the Great Name – Yahweh, is in the Name of Yeshua, only one Hebrew letter is added, the letter Shin, which represents this Divine Presence and Power awakened in the Human One.

In our books and in the forum you will find deeper dialogues on the Blessed Name of Yeshua and the term Messiah; but essentially it is the Name of the Light-presence and Light-power transmitted in a living Gnostic Apostolic Succession; something embodied from one generation to another by adepts and masters of Gnostic Christian lineages, and embodied by each and every one of us, more or less, to the extent that we make ourselves open and receptive, and recognize and realize the Spiritual Sun that shines within us.

Speaking to Nichodemus, in the Gospel of St. John, the third chapter, the Master says, “Very Truly, I tell you, we speak of what we know and testify to what we have seen…” (John 3:11). This alludes to the Gnostic and Light Transmission that flows from the Risen Messiah, through the power of the Holy Spirit, the Mother Spirit. Thus, in our experience, the various gradations of the Gnostic and Light Transmission are very distinct to us.

It is perfectly true that when many Christians speak of the power of the Blessed Name they are unaware of what they are saying – yet, the power of faith may access something of this Light-power, even in ignorance, for such is the nature of the Grace of Messiah. Yet, with knowledge, understanding and wisdom, rooted in faith, hope and love, we can become vehicles or channels of even greater manifestations of the Living Yeshua, the Light-presence and Light-power.

The division of the Exterior and Interior Church that has transpired is a wound in the Body of Christ that needs to be healed; for the Exterior Church and Gnostic Church are two dimensions of the same Body of Light, as are our physical body and the soul within it. There need be no contradiction between exoteric and esoteric Christianity – in fact, esoteric Christianity is properly rooted in the exoteric, the faith in the Divine Incarnation, and the mystery of the Crucifixion and Resurrection.

What is the Gnostic and Light Transmission? It is the experience of the Resurrection and Ascension while here, in this very life; the actual realization of the Light Kingdom within and all around us, and beyond us, here and now, today! This is the aim of Gnostic Christianity.

The Holy Tzaddik (or Apostle, the spiritual teacher and guide) and the Spiritual Community are extremely helpful in this process; yet, the key is the spiritual life and practice through which we create the necessary conditions for Divine Grace to move with, in and through us – the spiritual life and practice to which the Tzaddik and Community point, and encourage and support. This is the key to the reception of the Gnostic and Light Transmission: the development of the interior life through study and contemplation, prayer and meditation, sacred ritual and good works – the Life Divine. If we are willing to this, and we consciously invite and open ourselves to the Anointed and Mother Spirit, through Grace we shall likely experience something of the Gnostic and Light Transmission. It seems that merely the sense of it, the ability to open our minds and hearts to the possibility of it, is the beginning of this Gnostic experience of Christ.

Obviously, because what we are speaking about is experiential, it cannot be conveyed with words; all we can do is point at it. Yet, under the right conditions, something of this Gnostic experience can be made manifest and shared – ultimately, it is something “shown” on an experiential level. What is the experience? Speaking too much of it before it transpires in a person’s own experience can only serve to create conceptual obstructions; likewise, the experience can take on many different forms, according to the nature and temperament of individuals. In truth, we cannot speak of it, save to one who knows already – but we can point to it with words, serving to open our minds and hearts to it, and we can entertain the spiritual life and practice through which it may transpire in our own experience. If we can form some sort of connection with a Teacher and Community, so much the better, but whether we do or not, let us be the disciple of the Master, Yeshua Messiah (and the Holy Bride), and open ourselves to the Holy Spirit, the Mother Spirit, which is the Light-power that transmits Itself.

May the Mother Spirit awaken the Spiritual Sun in us, amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “The Gospel of Truth”