Yeshua as a Quiet Guide

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Yeshua as a Quiet Guide

#1 Postby Elder Gideon » Sun May 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Greetings!

Contrasted by the Gnostic writer of the Gospel of Truth are the religious authorities "who were wise in their own estimation" with the "little children" who are the elect, possessing knowledge of the Father, even "taught the aspects of the father's face." Kabbalistic tradition is rich with metaphors of the aspects of the face of partzufim, which point to experiences of expanded consciousness partzufim represent. Unlike the religious authority who have no knowledge of the father, the elect do, recognizing the father, who is personified by the experience of Light Transmission. Implied is illegitimacy, the religious authority being children of a source other than the Supernal father; the elect are legitimate, like and near unto their father, capable of recognizing their source when it dawns within them.

This teaching recalls two examples from scripture. Both Cain and Abel, according to Jewish legends-Midrashim, are not the sons of Adam, but of the serpent. This is evident in the fall out between the dominant Cain and passive Abel, neither of whom are vessels worthy of life. What is said of Seth is striking: When Adam had lived for one hundred and thirty years, he became the father of a son in his likeness, according to his image, and named him Seth. (Genesis 5:3) Of no other son of Adam before or after is there mention of his likeness with his father. Likeness in Kabbalah is nearness; nearness to God is like God. This is how the sefirah Keter is called a Depth or Infinity of Good, being so like the Infinite Light, Ain Sof Or, in which it is rooted and embedded.

The opposite is also true. Dissimilarity in Kabbalah is distance; distance from God is unlike God. This is how the sefirah Malkut is called a Depth or Infinity of Evil, being so restricted in its manifestation of the light that it is hidden, forgotten in ignorance, delusion, distraction, and the experience of separation. Unregenerated, Malkut is literally unaware of the ground of its existence, such that even religious people may become lost in the illusion power of their own establishment. Their own founders and forerunners become justifications for the present distortion. We see this in the Gospel of John, where Yeshua chides the Jewish authority, which is claiming to be legitimate children of Abraham, to which Yeshua lashes out,

‘If you were Abraham’s children, you would be doing what Abraham did, but now you are trying to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. This is not what Abraham did. You are indeed doing what your father does.’ They said to him, ‘We are not illegitimate children; we have one father, God himself.’ Jesus said to them, ‘If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now I am here. I did not come on my own, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot accept my word. You are from your father the devil, and you choose to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. Which of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? Whoever is from God hears the words of God. The reason you do not hear them is that you are not from God.’ (8:39-47)

Between these two verses from Genesis and St. John, we see how the spiritually advanced audience of the Gospel of Truth might have heard this teaching regarding their maturity for its irony. They're called little children, who recognize their source instantly, who are unencumbered with personal history, heritage, tradition, and all the weight that inevitably corrodes anything good and true over time under the dominion of the false-god, the Demiurgos, let alone its shadow, the Poisoner of God, Samael.

May we strip without being ashamed, and take our clothes and put them under our feet like little children and trample them; seeing the son of the living one, may we endure unafraid.
(Thomas, 37)

Shabbat Shalom!

Elder Gideon+

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Image & Likeness, Nearness

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed May 11, 2011 11:55 am

Greetings and blessings in the light of the Messiah!

As I contemplate the beautiful teaching you have shared dear brother, I cannot help but remember the teaching of Yeshua Messiah in the Gospel of St. John, when he says to us, “I do the will of my Father,” or “I do what I see my Father doing,” and when he says to us, “You who have seen me, have seen the Father.” In the same gospel again and again the Master speaks as the Divine I Am, and in this we understand the way of drawing near to God, the True Light, and entering into deep intimacy, union, with the Holy One of Being.

Here we may recall an essential teaching. When I surrender my self-will, and instead submit to the will of God, then God’s will becomes my own will – and when God’s will becomes my own, the Holy Shekinah rests upon me, and the Holy Spirit moves with, in and through me, and can even manifest as me; then I abide in my innate perfection as I am in God, the True Light, consciousness expands and illumination dawns, and wonders transpire – I abide in the Life Divine.

If we ponder legitimacy and illegitimacy, as I am in myself, I am nothing, but as I am in God, I am everything – legitimacy is living as who and what I am in God, no longer living as who or what I am in myself. Being and becoming who and what I am in God, there is life and light in me, the Spirit of God, Spirit of Truth (Amet).

Anything else is unreal, false, or illegitimate.

In Gnostic teachings there are three realms of humankind, as though three races among us – the material or bestial human, the psychic of faithful human, and the spiritual or elect humanity. On a certain level, these are distinct “races” within humankind on earth, distinct gradations in the development and evolution of human souls; yet, on another level, these are aspects within all of us, various gradations of consciousness, physical, vital-mental and spiritual.

These three races within humankind, of course, are represented by Cain, Able and Seth, respectively – Seth representing a true human being, spiritual elect. According to the tradition, the patriarchs and matriarchs, and the prophets – all of the holy ones, come from the line of Seth, and as we know, Yeshua Messiah calls himself the “Son of the Human One,” hence he calls himself “Seth.”

Now, the majority of humankind on earth is bestial or faithful, and few are the spiritual elect – the potential of a spiritual human being, a true human being, is within each and everyone of us, but few of us draw out that light and truth from within and live according to it. Instead, in this present darkness, in the present human condition, most of us live only in the surface consciousness, bound up in the unregenerated bestial nature, or, if cultivating something of an interior life and rising up beyond the body, the flesh and bestial instinct, we remain in the vital and mental being, an in the ignorance of self-grasping, desire and fear, and the play of self-will, even if religious. In order to be among the spiritual elect we must learn to go within and live within, seeking to recognize and realize our deeper being as we are in God, the True Light, drawing upon our true essence, the divine spark in us.

If we live only on the surface, in the play of self-grasping, desire and fear, we are children of the demiurge, or the serpent, illegitimate, but going within and living within we become children of God, the Holy Light, and as such we become legitimate heirs to the kingdom of heaven, the Pleroma of Light.

Here, perhaps, we may recall Adonai Yeshua’s teaching, “Very truly, I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born from above,” and, “Very truly, I tell you, no one can enter into the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. What is born of flesh is flesh, and what is not of Spirit is spirit” (John 3:3, 5-6).

For the sake of our contemplation, drawing upon what has been said regarding Seth, we may add something more Adonai Yeshua says in this teaching: “No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven, the Son of the Human One” (3:13).

The baptism of water represents the purification of consciousness, the release of self-grasping, self-will, and the play of selfish desire and fear, and it represents a shift from the surface consciousness into our deeper being, going within and living within – in this way, going within, we open to the Holy Light from above and we receive the Holy Spirit, and we are reborn in the Son of the Human One, the Human One of Light (Christ or Messiah). Reborn in this way, we co-labor with the Holy Spirit for the full integration of the Holy Light into our mind, heart and life, the full reintegration of our soul with the Light Continuum, Yahweh, Yeshua; so we seek to live according to the Truth and Light revealed to us, becoming realized in the Human One of Light, Christ, who is the image and likeness of the Living Father.

Here we may remember a teaching from the Gospel of St. Phillip: If you go down into the water and come up, receiving nothing, and say, “I am a Christian,” you have borrowed the name at interest. But if you receive the Holy Spirit, you have the name as a gift – and a gift you do not pay back. But if you have borrowed at interest, you must pay. So it works when you have passed through mystery.” This expresses legitimacy and illegitimacy, and those who are chosen, elect, legitimate, are those who live within and so receive the Holy Light from above, the Holy Spirit, becoming children of the Holy Light, spiritual human beings.

Through the Holy Spirit, as we surrender to the Shekinah of the Messiah and co-labor with her to cultivate the qualities of a true human being, who is the image and likeness of Yahweh Elohim, more and more the Human One of Light indwells us and shines from within us, our person and life becoming a center of the Divine Action, enlightenment and liberation, salvation.

If we inquire into the face of the Father, it is the Son who is the image and likeness of the Father – but, in the Christian Kabbalah, understanding the Living Father as Ain Sof, the Infinite, the “face of the Father” corresponds with Abba, which is to say it corresponds with Atzilut, the World of the Holy Sefirot. Atzilut is the “Universe of Nearness,” and if we wish to draw near to the Father and we wish to gaze upon the face of the Father, then we will cleave to the Risen Messiah, and unify ourselves with the Risen Messiah, understanding that the Mystical Body of the Risen Messiah is composed of the Holy Sefirot, the Names of God and Attributes of God – so, too, we will seek to unify our soul with the Divine Attributes, laboring to cultivate those qualities of divinity in us and in our lives.

First and foremost, we seek to enact the will of the Most High (Elyon), seeking to embody something of the Divine I Am (Eheieh) – our holy spark; the will of God we enact is not the will of God as known to God, corresponding with Keter, but rather the will of God as it is revealed and made known to us, corresponding with Da’at. This holy will is our true will, our inmost heart’s desire, the desire of our holy neshamah, our divine nature, and it is innate to us – in the depths of our being it is known to us, and so living within we become more and more aware of this holy will, this holy desire, and we live according to it.

In the same way, we seek to live according to the wisdom and understanding of God, the True Light, no longer living according to the conventional wisdom and understanding of the unenlightened society, but instead living according to the inspiration and guidance of the Holy Spirit and Sacred Heart – living according to our faith and gnosis in Christ.

We seek to embody God’s mercy and judgment, forgiveness and love, and self-restraint and spiritual discernment, living as Christ lived.

We seek to walk in beauty and holiness, putting on the Blessed Name of Yeshua Messiah, and the name of ‘Christian,’ letting our light shine in the world, laboring to draw out the Light of the Messiah, the Sun of God, from within us, engaging in active compassion and good works.

So too, we seek to enact right dominion and submission, and reciprocity – when taking up any position of leadership or responsibility we seek to serve the kingdom of heaven and God, we seek to be the servant of all, and we seek to do so in a kind and gentle way, in spiritual humility, in an active and dynamic surrender to the Shekinah of the Messiah, the Shekinah of El Elyon; and in all that we do we seek to facilitate the spiritual empowerment and salvation of all, seeking to draw out the Holy Light from within others, as from within ourselves.

Along with this we seek to honor the sovereignty of the Divine, and to worship God in spirit and truth – and we seek to live as the angels of God while in this world, seeking to embody something of the kingdom of heaven on earth, seeking to embody the Light-presence (Christ) and Light-power (Holy Spirit) in full, holding and anchoring the Divine Presence and Divine Powers for the people, all our relations.

In this way we unify our soul and our body with the Attributes of God, and resembling God we draw nearer to God, and through Divine Grace we are brought into union with Christ in God – uplifted in the Great Resurrection and Ascension.

There is more that can be said of embodying the Divine Attributes, the Sefirot, but this represents the most essential teaching of their embodiment.

Here we can say, when we enact and embody these Holy Qualities, in so doing we gaze into the face of the Father, and, per chance, through Divine Grace, the image and likeness of the Father is revealed with, in and through us to others, even as it was through our Lord and Savior, Yeshua Messiah – the Great Seth.

In closing I’m inclined to remind of a teaching of the Master: “Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect” (Matthew 5:48).

May we recognize and realize the Great Natural Perfection of the Human One of Light in us, and so life the enlightenment of Christ. Amen.

Peace be with you!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “The Gospel of Truth”