Garments

Kat

Garments

#1 Postby Kat » Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:32 am

Shalom Brother Smiley,

What struck me at first when reading these sayings was that he says " garments in Heaven are worth more than the wearer" Maby Phillip is talking of the Glory Body that are more valuble than our earthly garments?

I was also reminded of Adam and Eve in the garden and how only when they have eaten from the Tree do they realise they are naked in Gods Presance. It is like when we first enter into Presance or encounter the Shekenah we feel there is nothing we hide and as though we are naked. It is only from a feeling of lack that we feel naked for infact we are children of our Heavenly Father and Mother.

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Garments and Nakedness

#2 Postby Elder Gideon » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:23 pm

Shalom Kat!

Great angle to remember the nakedness Adam and Eve felt upon partaking of the fruit of the Knowledge of Good and Evil! It always fascinates me the subtlety of duality this fruit taken invokes! You'll recall also that "garments of skin" were prepared for them upon exiting the Garden. Did God, as Tau Malachi has often joked, hunt and skin Bambi for them to wear, or, as Kabbalah might posit, is this an image of Adam and Eve descending into Assiyah, into physical incarnation?

The same play upon physical body and body of light is spinning throughout scripture, from Moses' face on Mt. Sinai, Elijah's being taken up in a whirlwind, and Yeshua's transfiguration and resurrection. Consider then these garments in Phillip which "are worth more than the wearers". The statement here to me strikes deeply into an even secret level of the teachings which ask who it is that is wearing our life display!

I'm so convinced that it's me who's living and moving and deciding, when the Light Presence blasts off and POOF! javascript:emoticon(':shock:')The reference points of personal history and name/form start to dissipate in the dawning of the Body of Light! Which one am I? We Sophians often say "and/both". Where did I go? Nowhere! "How?" seems best explained in the experience itself. Such a beautiful, uncontradicted mystery!

javascript:emoticon(':wink:')

brother smiley

Return to “The Gospel of St. Philip”