Saying 38

Rebekah

Saying 38

#1 Postby Rebekah » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:46 am

Greetings!

I find this saying particularly interesting:

People cannot see anything in the real realm unless they become it. In the realm of truth, it is not as human beings in the world, who see the sun without being the sun, and see the sky and the earth and so forth without becoming them. Rather, if you have seen anything there, you have become those things: if you have seen the Spirit, you have become the Spirit; if you have seen the Anointed, you have become the Anointed; if you have seen the Father, you will become the Father. Thus here in this world, you see everything and you do not see your own self. But there, you see yourself; for you shall become what you see.

It seems at one and the same time to speak to where we are in our journey and to where we are going - and, in fact, to where and what we have always been. In other words, it speaks to me of the Being of Becoming.

What do you see?
Rebekah
Sophia Fellowship
O.S.G.

Coop

#2 Postby Coop » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:35 am

Hello Rebekah,

It sounds like a realm where imagination -- not make-believe, per se, but imagining, or imaging -- is unfettered by doubts, and so manifests more easily. See, or image, the annointed, and you are the annointed. Boundaries are fluid. Like a realm of creativity, where I Am is the way of things.

Blessings and Love,
Coop
"The Universe is a big place -- perhaps the biggest." -- Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Faith & Envisioning

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:08 pm

Hi Rebekah & Coop!

Say, that is a dandy observation, Coop. Very nice. It seems that the idea of "imagining unfettered by doubts" could be another way to express what is meant by faith in Gnostic Christianity. It certainly does provide a wonderful window into Yeshua's comments about the power of faith, as though to say, 'What you envision without doubt or disbelief will come to pass.' Interestingly enough, that is a basic principle taught in the art of divine theurgy in the tradtion.

Along the same lines it seems interesting to note that before any work of invisible assistance, or any theurgical work, the first thing an initiate does is envision him or herself as the Light-Presence or Divine Image - and thus identifies him or herself with the Divine presence and power. This seems to reflect the nature of gnostic faith as well - completely coupled to imagination.

I'd have to say that it appears to me as though most folks underestimate the real power of creative imagination - perhaps that is because, typically speaking, imagination is manifest in bondage to the inner demon of doubt.

Is the use of imagination coupled with faith what might be meant by spiritual hope on one level? :shock:

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “The Gospel of St. Philip”