The Dark Mother & Bride

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The Dark Mother & Bride

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:12 pm

In the journey to acquire gnosis of the Sacred Feminine and understanding of Sophia, according to many masters of the tradition, one must begin by seeking to know the Black Mother and Bride; hence the Dark aspects of the Divine Feminine.

Interestingly enough the word for "black" in Hebrew is the same as it is in the Hindu language: Kali. Thus, the name of the Dark Mother in our tradition is Kali Imma, and the name for the Dark Bride is Kali Kallah. The distinction between the Mother and Bride, in general, is the collective or transpersonal and the individual or personal, respectively - the Daughter or Bride is the individual manifestation and experience of that greater principle represented by the Mother. Thus, in truth, everything we might say about the Mother is equally true of the Daughter, and everything we might say of the Daughter is true of the Mother also - they are not truly separate at all.

The Black Mother is not easily understood - she is, perhaps, the most veiled or concealed aspect of Sophia. She is at the very heart of the creative process, and while she may be clearly experienced in the body and life process, yet she may also be experienced as completely disembodied rather than incarnate - completely transcendental. She is the primordial manifestation of the Divine Feminine - the Deep of the Void and Chaos from which all things arise and come into being. In her essence and nature she is unthinkable - completely inconceivable and incomprehensible; and yet she is the very primordial ground from which all being-consciousness-force emerges.

Although transcendental, and such things as beauty and horror are one and the same to her; yet, she is brooding and immanent, ever present in our experience of a constantly changing reality - and as the motivator of constant change or transformation, her immense power goes without saying. Equally, the Dark Mother is the Great Virgin, completely self-contained and hidden in herself, and though the very principle of change, often called 'Destruction,' which is the power behind all Creation, yet is she, in her essence and nature, never changed.

Chaotic and unpredictable, uncertainty and unknowing, dread and terrible - these are words that describe her; yet, so also are words such as sweet and all-giving, liberating and uplifting, and illuminating. She is the core of the Creative Process - the journey into Void and Chaos and Destruction from which a New Creation arise: Mother of the Apocalypse!

Yeshua says, "One must be reborn of the Holy Spirit to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven." This, in truth, is a mystical death - passing back into the womb of the Deep of Void and Chaos, those Bitter Waters (Marah), to arise as a child of Light. As any woman can bear witness, the fullness of the womb leads to an explosive and chaotic event of giving birth, so that with birth both mother and child pass through a great ordeal - in this the Black Mother is perfectly known by women. Indeed! She is innately known by women within their own deep and unspoken but natural and instinctual qualities.

Here, of course, we speak of the Dark Night of the Soul and the Cloud of Unknowing - which leads to the realization of the True Light. Yet, until there is a mystical death, and the embrace of the depth of Darkness, how shall the Bright Mother, the Queen of Heaven or Enlightement be known? My dear Tzaddik in these matters, Mother Sarah, would often say, "Those who say they know the Bright Mother, never having embraced her Dark Splendor, do not know her, and cannot unite with her in full until they are willing to the Darkness." As a Sacred Tau of the tradition, Mother Sarah knew this very well in her own experience of Initiation.

Kali Imma and Kali Kallah are not well accepted in our society and culture - rather they are ignored and avoided, demonized, as it were, because they cannot be defined and packaged by finite and linear reason, or controlled when invoked. Few women truly embrace her, and even fewer men - yet, it is she who brings about a true and full metanoia (spiritual transformation or conversion).

The difficulty is this - she is the honest truth of life, much of which is deemed unacceptible or undesirable. You see, the Black Mother/Bride is enigmatic, for while she brings into the Light, she also is among monstrous, horrific and demonic things. She is present in everything without exception, and empowers the entire play of cosmic forces - divine, admixed and demonic.

So much more may be said, and hopefully will, but this ought to be enough to initiate of stream of dialogue on Kali Imma and Kali Kallah - the Dark Mother and Bride.

In closing I might suggest a meditation upon the most traditional chant of the Dark Mother in the tradition: Kali Imma Elohim. There is a more esoteric chant, but that requires a bit more conversation on this subject to be understood.

Blessings & shalom!
Last edited by Tau Malachi on Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Kat

The Women of Light

#2 Postby Kat » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:11 pm

Shalom Malachi

I have been contemplating the relationship between the Women of Light and Mary Magdeline. On Shabbat I had a curious vision, I saw that Mary Magdeline as the women of Light giving birth to the second coming. Ofcourse this is just an angle of veiw or interpretation given by Spirit but what I have been exploring is the connection between Mother and Bride. This brings to mind Kali Imma and Kali Kallah, they both play a part in this second coming. Kali Imma is the destruction before rebirth and the Bride is the birth of a new humanity.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Bright & Dark

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:43 pm

Greetings Kat!

Yes, indeed, there are two actions of both the Mother and Bride - purification and consecration, corresponding to the Dark and Bright aspects of Sophia. Purification implies the removal of all that distorts, perverts, corrupts, hinders or obstructs; consecration implies a dedication, something brought into alignment and harmony wih the Divine will and kingdom. Thus, purification precedes consecration, the two going hand in hand together.

I'm reminded of the truth that action of creation is at one and the same time the action of destruction. This is reflected in the transition of the Maiden to the Mother, for example. The state of the Maiden is shattered as she comes into being as the Mother - that which was passing away as that which shall be comes into being. This is the reality of the present moment, always. This seems directly connected to the twofold action of purification and consecration.

Indeed, it does seem that the Holy Bride is the Mother of the Apocalypse-Revelation; she who gives birth to the Second Coming - at least from a Sophian point of view.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Marion

one movement.

#4 Postby Marion » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:28 pm

Dear Malachi and Kat,

I was contemplating purification concencration in the context of the dark and bright aspects of Sophia, specifically how this is seen in the character of Eve. I am wondering if purification and concencration can be seen as a simotanious movement? Because it seems like when Klippot are banished, there is naturaly a greater influx of light. It is kind of like, when one turns a light on, is the light that comes from the light bulb, and the dispelling of darkness 2 separate events, or are they the same? This veiw might help aide the "either or" veiw that my mind typically takes with regards to the dark and light aspects of Sophia. I always tend to separate them from one another, but more and more I am beggining to realise that in fact these are not separate at all. This new veiw of the mother was I think triggered by a contemplation of Eve in Genisis. Because it seems likke one can see the dark mother and bride very strongly in the story, espesialy surrounding mythos of the fall. Because If one looks at the story of how the fruit of the knowledge of the tree of good and evil was offered by the serpent to Eve, who then offered it to Adam, one gets the sense that the dartk mother was very much at play here. Which gets reflected in some Midrashim-Jewish legends, where after the fall, Adam says to Eve,"To me, you have become the serpent."
Also related to this, Eve means "Mother of life." but because she initiated the fall along with the serpent, she also becomes the mother of death. Because, before, Adam and Eve did not know death, and there was no sweat and toil in the garden of Eden. So it seems as if Eve swiches off between the bright mother-Sophia stellarum, and the dark mother-sophia nigrans? It is said that the unity that Adam and Eve experienced while in the garden of Eden, was an unconscious one. Therefore, without the fall, there would be no possibility of human beings becoming conscious of themselfs, themselfs in God. This is reflected in the story of St.Mary Magdlaene, as was mentioned, where her fall into the deepest depths of darkness and Gehennah-Hell actualy facilitated the meeting of her beloved. This is a very liberating way of contemplating the fall of Sophia because it means we can veiw our own falling in this way, it seems to make the fall less painfull and less like the end of the world when veiwed in this way as well.

MAY KALI IMMA LEAD US INTO CONFESSION AND REPENTANCE IN CHRIST! AMEN.

Blessings and Shalom!
Marion

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

One Sophia of God

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:54 am

Greetings Sister Marion!

Yes, indeed, whether bright or dark faces, there is one Sophia of God, one Wisdom of God; much like your post regarding gazing at the flame and the appearance of the Holy Shekinah – how Sophia appears to us is dependent upon our own state or consciousness. In fact, when we speak about the Holy Shekinah and we speak about Sophia, in essence, it is the same Presence and Power of God; the Sacred Feminine. When we use the name “Sophia,” we are simply drawing out the aspect of Wisdom and pointing to the Shekinah of Messiah – both the Mother and the Bride.

Sophia appears to us as Sophia Nigrans when we are encumbered by klippot – identified with shades and shadows in our consciousness; yet, Sophia Nigrans is not darkness, but is light, she is Sophia Stellarum. Go out and contemplate the starry night sky, and look and see the radiant darkness of space, and all of the light of the stars; therein, perchance, you will glimpse the union of Sophia Nigrans and Sophia Stellarum – Sophia of God, Sophia of Christ.

Indeed! Eve is Sophia, the Mother and the Daughter, and True Womanhood is Sophia, the Mother and the Daughter – she is Sophia, she is Shekinah; in her is the Pleroma of Light and the Entirety, for she is the Mother of All-Life. She is bright, and she is dark; and as you say, the dark aspects are necessary for the realization of the Light Kingdom.

Quite naturally, in the ordeals of initiation, and the play of running and returning, we encounter Sophia Nigrans; she who reveals the obstructions that prevent us from entering fully into the Light, and she who leads us into the Light, which is her own True Essence. Thus, in our experience, before we embrace Sophia Stellarum, we must embrace Sophia Nigrans; after all, Sophia is Sophia, dark or bright, and we must embrace the entire spectrum of God’s Wisdom is we seek to become wise.

Those are some delightful insights you are experiencing – how wonderful! Praise the Divine Sophia!

May Sophia unveil herself before us, that we might know her, amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

lleyr

#6 Postby lleyr » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:40 pm

Greetings Tau Malachi!

Because of some discussion in the Columbus Circle, I have recently been contemplating aspects of the Dark Mother.

I was having trouble making a connection with what she represents until I began contemplating nature. There are many aspects of nature that seem terrible to us as humans, but they are necessary for the greater scheme of the planet. For instance, a volcano can be devastating to people living in its flow, but a volcano serves many purposes: it builds new land, creates fertal areas, releases pressure from the earth, etc.

I guess when I see the Dark Mother in this light I can understand her spiritual necessity. The dark times of life can be a catalyst for great spiritual growth and times of joy.

What I'm having difficulty with is experiencing her without outside darkness coming into my life. It seems easier to embrace and "find" the Bright Mother, but how do you "seek" Kali Imma?

Blessings & Light, Mark

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

No Seeking

#7 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:05 pm

Greetings, dear friend!

Actually, I do not know that we must seek Kali Imma, but rather merely be willing to her embrance - opening ourselves to the experience of her without attachment or aversion. Then we shall know her, and we shall love her.

Kali Imma is black to those who do not know her, who gaze at a distance, but to her lovers she is white brilliance – the all-consuming Holy Fire that devours all that is not like unto the Divine, it is at one and the same time the Light of Divine Illumination? Sophia is Sophia, bright or dark; just as the nature of mind is the same, whether unenlightened or enlightened.

She is the Partzuf of the dark phase of the moon’s cycle; yes, death and rebirth, and passage through in-betweens, yet also presiding over initiation into deep mysteries of being and consciousness, and bearing a capacity to heal, regenerate and renew. She holds the keys to wild gnosis, my friend, with all her unpredictability, transcendental insight, and great passionate force.

Consider, perhaps, the Black Madonna and the many people who flock to her for comfort and healing.

Yes, she bears the attributes of the outcast, but then it is she who is swift to deliver the outcast from injustice and to receive and accept them as they are, though certainly seeking their enlightenment and liberation.

She is metadimensional and, yes, she is wild – no doubt she can be awesome and terrible, but also sweet and passionately loving. Who is looking?

She brings into Union.

She may reveal delights of the senses, yet also the error of grasping at them; she can guide through unseen spaces, revealing deep secrets, and lead us into new horizons; she can heal and nurture, and she can cut straight through our deepest delusions and shatter the bonds of our self-grasping – she becomes so many things to us, and yet she is none of them, for she is the Great Void itself!

Indeed! She is the Supreme Trickster, operating quite outside of the confines of conventional wisdom and the dullness of unenlightened society – but how can one not love her, she is the perfect delight of liberation!

Can you separate out the new moon from the full moon?

Mother Sarah once said of Kali Imma, “She is repose in motion!”

No explanation quite captures her, and she will not be bound by our concepts – she is pure experience at the primal core of being. It is on an experiential level that we must know and understand her, and here in this world she is quite immanent in our experience, though, indeed, we attempt to avoid her or ignore her in our culture and society.

Perhaps Sophia Nigrans is the realization of the whole of life as one single energetic display, the beauty and horror alike.

At any rate, this was the contemplation that flowed from considering your question – don’t know that it is an answer, but perhaps it may serve to shift the angle of the question in a way something new might be seen.

May we gaze in nearness to look and see, amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

lleyr

#8 Postby lleyr » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:57 am

Greetings!

The awareness that comes out of your post is not to seek her, but also not to fear her.

This brings about the realization that in my experience it is always easier and more productive to embrace the darkness when it comes into your life and pass through it then to fight and become swept away.

When I was younger I fought change that seemed negative and usualy ended up in depression, anger, grief. I have come to see that the change is inevitable and in the end the darkness brings new life and light as it passes. When you ride it like a wave you grow from the experience and come out better for it.

So, the Dark Mother is much the same. When she comes we shouldn't run, hide, fight, but instead accept her and see her darkness for what it is... love and in the end compassion.

Thank you for the contemplation!
Blessings & Love,
Mark

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The Deeper Mystery

#9 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:36 am

Greetings Brother Mark!

I think it is very easy to miss the deeper teachings on Kali Imma by fixation only upon those aspects that may stand out to us as less desirable – it is much like what happens in exoteric Christianity, when Christians fixate on the passion of the Christ and the Crucifixion, they miss the great mystery of the Risen Christ and the Ascension.

That empty tomb on Easter morning and the darkness in the tomb – isn’t that Kali Imma? The joy of the Resurrection, is that not the bliss of Kali Imma?

Ah, this fixation on her “darkness” is karmic vision, my dear friend – that would be my point.

Look and see! She is the Great Void, the Clear Radiant Luminosity, in which Ani is realized as Ain, and thus the ultimate truth is realized – she is the Truth of Impermanence and, therefore, the potential of Self-liberation!

This life-display, fraught with perpetual tragedy, is it not the radiant of one’s own mind, the display of a karmic continuum amidst things every changing?

So she is Change! Is all change a challenge, or is all change something dire?

There is no avoiding change, there is no avoiding her!

Do you need to invoke change? Do you need to seek change? Or, is change innate to your experience – the very nature of your experience? Talk about a primal core – ever churning, ever changing, the ground of reality is groundless!

Whether change is “bright” or “dark,” or joyful or sorrowful – that is all a matter of one’s view. When attachment and aversion are brought into cessation; specifically, self-grasping is brought into cessation – What, then, is the experience of change?

She has been called “Mother Destruction,” and has been said to ride upon the back of Leviathan – the “Destroyer”; of course, this is the play of spiritual adepts and masters seeking to reflect our own self-grasping as we fixate on this title. Would “Mother Change” be more acceptable, causing less of an aversion?

Ah! Mother Impermanence, you may love her, or you may hate her; either way, she remains the same – the changelessness of change!

When change seems to go our way, we love her; when it does not, we hate her – isn’t this the reflection of our bondage to cosmic ignorance?

When we call her name, we are not invoking her, but rather we are recognizing her ever-present and embracing what is happening.

These faces of the Mother, bright and dark, and the many faces of the Bride, are they not the reflection of our own state of mind, the radiant display of our own consciousness or soul? What does she look like without self-grasping, without attachment or aversion? She is Mother Clear Light; she is Daughter Clear Light – she looks like Ain! (Which is to say: She looks like No-Thingness!)

So, observing the self-generating capacity of the mind, and the arising of thoughts and images, just as observing the apparently external reality display – whether seemingly positive, neutral or negative, is it not all the same in essence, nature and energy? Is it not all the radiant display of the Ain Nature? This continual stream of self-generation – these are the appearances of Mother and Daughter Sophia; the universal display is the Mother and the individual display is the Daughter, and these two are one in their essence, nature and energy! This is the recognition that leads to realization of the ultimate truth.

The point to be made is most subtle and sublime – Kali Imma is not what we think, but no doubt her appearance is colored by our thoughts, by our attachments and aversions.

There is a great secret to be spoken – brilliant white light is so intense, so overwhelming, it appears as blackness!

If Kali Imma appears dreadful or terrible to us – that is the projection of our fears upon the Great Void, the emptiness.

Perhaps we associate Kali Imma only with changes that challenge us, because in the midst of such challenge we experience a crisis in self-identity and draw near to the truth of this Void Nature in us – this Ain Nature. Unfortunately, however, we project our fear upon this feeling and perception of emptiness, avoiding looking into it and embracing it, and so we remain in bondage.

If we will look and see, without attachment or aversion, the recognition and realization of this very emptiness is the enlightenment and liberation of our mind or soul-stream; it is the womb in which Supernal or Messianic Consciousness dawns!

(In this we may understand the Union of Sophia Nigrans and Sophia Stellarum.)

Remember, all of the Partzufim are personifications of the same essential Truth and Light, as though diverse angles of the Pure Vision.

May we realize Mother Sophia in her True Essence – the Clear Light Nature, amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

lleyr

#10 Postby lleyr » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:57 pm

Greetings!

Ahhh... Thank you... I was trying to see the Bright Mother and Dark Mother as somehow separate. Really, they are the same, just seen from a different angle.

There is much there I need to contemplate.

Blessings & Shalom,
Mark

Elishevah1970

Re: The Dark Mother & Bride

#11 Postby Elishevah1970 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:06 am

Greetings Tua Malachi,
I know that this may appear as "nitpicking" over semantics, however I feel the need to ask why you chose to word this next paragraph as thus:
Tau Malachi wrote:[color=darkred]As any woman can bear witness, the fullness of the womb leads to an explosive and chaotic event of giving birth, so that with birth both mother and child pass through a great ordeal - in this the Black Mother is perfectly known by women. Indeed! She is innately known by women within their own deep and unspoken but natural and instinctual qualities.
color]

There are only two things that I would like to see rectified in your post by way of an explanation, please. I am a woman and yet I have never born a child, and I do not really know what it's like.
I am a human being, and do not have instincts but rather Intuition.
It is NOT my intention to pick at you rather it is out of respect for your keen perception that I ask for an explanation of these two points.
Respectfully and sincerely,
Elishevah

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Greetings

#12 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:28 am

Greetings Elishevah!

Indeed, you are correct, this should read - "as any women can bear witeness who has experienced giving birth." At least from the literal level of actually giving birth to a child. Yet, of course, in a creative adventure or process we may speak of "giving birth" metaphorically, but then this understanding would not be isolate to women. In the attempt at poetic expression, in the power of the moment, I can certainly be liable to error in my speaking or writing. Wish I could claim absolute perfection in my communications, but I cannot.

My main intention is to convey the teachings as best as possible, and hopefully in such a way that individuals are able to discern what the teaching is actually saying on a spiritual level and perhaps benefit from the sharing.

In terms of instinct and intuition - as human beings we have both. Instinct functions in terms of the body, and thus instinct here was appropriately chosen; there are experiences in the body known by women that are not known by men, and they are instinctual in that they are innate as part of the physical evolutionary process.

There is much in our experience as human beings that is, in fact, instinctual. There is nothing wrong with our instincts, they are part of us as incarnate human beings, just as they are part of all animals - all physical life.

Blessings and shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elishevah1970

#13 Postby Elishevah1970 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:22 am

Thank you for your humility and keen insight. I needed to be reminded that we do function with instincts intact. The Nefesh is never lost to us. :idea:
I needed to have that clarified. I have been studying Gnosticism and the Kabbalah at the same time. It can be a little overwhelming. I have found that your Gnostic teachings have granted me the most comprehension that I have found on the net. Thanks again and Shalom Tua Malachi,
Elishevah

pat

#14 Postby pat » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:35 pm

Shalom
In my experience, the birthing of my daughter was an explosive and chaotic experience. It was a spewing volcanic experience. The term "Ring of Fire" used today describes this process beautifully.There is the aspect of uncertainity and unpredictibility in the birthing process.
I now see Dark Mother aspect of it now and also how She is the Bright mother in the joy, love and smiles of the new mom seeing her new born for the first time and the AWE and Wonder of the faces that witness this event.
This was my experience of my daughter forty years ago and my daughter’s experience of her daughter‘s birth three years ago .
May we be willing to embrace all aspects of the Divine Mother, this on going process
Pat

Kat

#15 Postby Kat » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:02 pm

Shalom freinds,

This poetic birthing which Malachi discourses on frequently is like unto the uncomfortability of the butterfly breaking free of it's cacoon. The amazing aspect of this to me is that while the butterfly is breaking through the cacoon it is stregnthening it's wings for flight and therefor the process of breaking through is quite necessary. This is like the resistance we face when transforming into a more refined spiritual person. "Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for their's is the kingdom of heaven". The fruit of strife being the awareness of oureselves as sons and daughters of El Elyon.

So it is bliss to dance with the Dark Mother, yet they are one Mother Sophia Stellarum and Sophia Negrans. It is through dualism that we se them as two, through karmic vision. The womb and the tomb are one.

Shalom,
Kat

sophia-suzette

#16 Postby sophia-suzette » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:44 pm

Greetings!

It was with great joy, that I found these Forums. As still a young child I became aware of the calling of Kali Imma inside me, manifesting as a deep yearning inside. I felt myself drawn to explore the Divine Feminine in all her myriad aspects, but most of all I felt an intense desire to enter what I could not understand, what felt to me would surely mean oblivion, yet at the same time I knew it would not. I felt a longing to enter the void. The creative process became for me synonymous with this yearning. A need to create, but in order to create, whether it be a painting, poem, an idea, etc., I had enter the chaos of infinite possibilities and allow my yearning to be transformed into a “creation” of something. Yet, for me it also involved embracing my fears.

'If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you." The Gospel According to Thomas.

In those words are contained for me the essence of Kali Imma. Although I have surrendered myself to Her call, the yearning seems to have grown even stronger over the years, and I know that my surrender must be complete. Yet I do not know how to take the final steps, or whether I must just continue to remove all resistance within me, and await upon Grace to complete my surrender?

Shalom,
Sophia

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Surrendering

#17 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:48 am

Greetings and welcome, Sophia-Suzette!

It is a pleasure to meet your virtual acquaintance.

Kali Imma, in the many different forms that she appears, is frequently associated with death, which is the fruition of life. Thus she is the life process, and from one perspective her association with death is an association with birth, as though she is the darkness of the womb, the womb of this life, from which we emerge at that time we call “death.” What is intriguing in this contemplation is the immanent and transcendent quality of Kali Imma – on the one hand she is all of life, and on the other she is the transcendence of this life.

Words do not come close to expressing this great mystery, yet the heart knows it and understands.

In Kali Imma I am struck by the acceptance of the unacceptable – the complete inclusion of everyone and everything in life; hence, just as Kali Imma is associated with darkness and death, she is associated with the outcast and oppressed, and all who might otherwise be “unacceptable.” It is interesting. She is often depicted as wild and crazy, and distinctly fierce or wrathful; yet she is this unconditional love, all inclusive, and the bliss of transcendence such love brings.

If the Black Goddess is all of life – the entire life process, and she is all inclusive, then isn’t surrender to her the embrace of life in its fullness and the cultivation of love that includes everyone and everything: surrender to what’s happening?

Am I willing to laugh and willing to cry, willing to the experience of joy and sorrow, will pleasure and pain, wellness and illness – willing to the experience of living and dying? Am I willing to the whole of life and all that transpires – the beauty and horror alike?

It seems in devotion to Kali Imma our surrender is living life fully and boldly, not according to conventional wisdom, but rather the wisdom of the heart-womb and of the Divine Mother – she who is Understanding. By nature, it seems this surrender is complete only at the completion of life, the end of life; hence one of the names of Kali Imma, the “End-Of-Days.” In other words, it seems as though our surrender is ongoing – that it is a process or action as long as we live.

When I give myself to life – I surrender to her; and, when it is time, and I give myself to death – I surrender to her.

Who is Kali Imma? She is Mother Impermanence – all constantly changing. Can I recognize and surrender to the Continuum of Constant Change, to Reality as It Is?

Are the final steps in surrender recognizing that there are no “final steps,” that our surrender, our self-offering to the Divine Mother is ongoing, moment to moment, as long as we live? Perhaps in each moment of each day, we surrender; and then in the next we surrender again – and in each moment we actively surrender it is perfect and complete, yet is a process that only comes to fruition in the completion of life.

We often think of enlightenment as though it were an object, something fixed or static, and we often think of being enlightened as though there is a fixed or static self to be enlightened – yet, illumination isn’t an object, but is a state of being, and there is no self to be enlightened, though there is enlightened or illumined being. We grasp at clarity and are averse to confusion, but whether clear or confused the nature of being is the same – the emptiness from which the fullness of all arises. Can I surrender to clarity and confusion alike, all in Mother Emptiness?

Perhaps illumination is a very rapid flickering between clarity and confusion that happens when we surrender attachment and aversion – the full embrace of the constant continuum of change, the Divine Mother.

Perhaps our passionate yearning – passionate desire, free from any object of desire, is the very essence of our self-offering, our surrender to Kali Imma. After all, when it blazes forth and consumes us, we are her and she is us; only she remains, the Holy Mother.

This is the contemplation your post invoked in my heart…or at least part of it, as the contemplation seems to extend through various branches, this being only one of them.

Once again, welcome, and thank you for sharing!

May we abide in her; amen.

Shabbat Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

sophia-suzette

#18 Postby sophia-suzette » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:10 am

Shalom Tau Malachi

Thank you for your welcome, it fills me with warmth.

Your reply to my post, answered my unasked question exactly on the mark. The one that have been burning inside me, but for which I could not find words. For so long long I have tried to either control or to direct my passionate yearning, and have not been able to see that I must just let it consume me. If not directed, it will consume me. It feels like the outcast searching for a home, searching for acceptance, only to find that she has been home all along.

What abides with me, is the moment by moment surrender, to all that I feel. As Kali Imma embraces all, the outcasts alike, so she embraces all of me. In surrendering all of me, moment by moment, to Her embrace, She will take the outcast, exiled parts of me into her womb.

Gratefully,
Sophia

sophia-suzette

#19 Postby sophia-suzette » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:26 am

Shalom Tau Malachi

After your reply to my post, I immediately put your suggestions into practice. I entered my yearning, without an object or direction. I was overcome by a feeling of utter meaninglessness, and instead of trying to fight it, I fully entered into it, until I felt I surrendered my very will to live. Suddenly, I felt utterly content, when one moment I felt I was overcome by meaninglessness, for no seeming reason I was content and at peace. For the first time in my life, I felt I had no more questions to ask, none I want answered. My yearning was no more, there was nothing even that I wanted to express, and I was content and at peace.

Then after a while of feeling such contentment and peace, I felt another yearning emerge from that very contentment. A simple yearning to share my contentment. "As above so below," flickered into my consciousness.

“Perhaps illumination is a very rapid flickering between clarity and confusion that happens when we surrender attachment and aversion – the full embrace of the constant continuum of change, the Divine Mother. “

Then I understood your words, and I could see an endless cycle in making, that reflected to me the dynamics of Creation. To be conscious entails a yearning to share, from a feminine perspective, and within it is the womb of creation. All is one, but Creation is the connection between two separate points, according to Ancient Egyptian sacred geometry. All already is, but all is in”constant continuum of change.”

My grateful thanks for your insights,
Sophia

paulnewman

Acceptance

#20 Postby paulnewman » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:05 am

I have just read Eckhart Tolles A New Earth, which describes the dissolving space around one's ego which acceptance of life as it comes creates.

I resonate as a performer with the idea of flickering - the alternation between doubt and faith, beween anxiety and confidence.

I have spent two years in anxiety that I would never again see the light of faith. Is I in right thinking that gnosis means experience of light and dark, and is this the balance attained by Yeshua when he said I have ascended above all things and descended below all things?

P

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Light & Glory

#21 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:39 am

Greetings Sophia and Paul!

Those moments in meditation when there is a feeling of “meaninglessness” or “purposelessness” surrounding surrender or other issues prove very intriguing some times, for it seems to reveal the play of self-grasping and the egoistic self inserting itself into our spirituality. It is a very delicate balance in our spiritual life, the conscious intent to grow and evolve, and the release of grasping at results or attainment; yet always the Way is in between the two extremes, as we see on the Tree of Life with the Middle Pillar, which stands between the Pillar of Mercy and Pillar of Severity.

The delight, of course, is that if we sit through whatever arises we come to the other side and watch it transform. As we abide, observing this process of the formation and dissolution of thoughts/emotions we can look to see the ground from which they are generated – the emptiness, which is also fullness, the Holy Mother.

In the mystery drama that unfolds with the Master in the Gospel it would seem that the dualism of light and darkness is dispelled in the resurrection; the ascension, union and enthronement representing the integration of this non-dual realization. Yet, no longer in a body of blood and flesh, but in the Body of Light, there is no struggle against shades or shadows – what shade or shadow stands before the light of the Spiritual Sun?

The temptation, and the passion and crucifixion, isn’t this the embrace of Kali Imma; arising from the tomb, isn’t the Risen Christ emerging from her womb?

There is a more subtle and sublime dimension to the non-dual realization, however, for the light that appears opposite to the darkness is not the True Light, but rather it is the glory of the True Light – the True Light is Clear or Transparent.

How can we understand this? If we look and see the ground from which thoughts/emotions arise, in which they abide and into which they dissolve, whether luminous and positive thoughts/emotions or a dark and negative thoughts/emotions, the ground of their arising is the same – resting in that ground, the nature of mind itself, we transcend the play of positive and negative thoughts/emotions.

It is most fascinating. If we were to gaze with our eyes into brilliant white light, it would appear to us as absolute darkness – in terms of light, what we can see it is rainbow glory.

There is something of the wisdom of Kali Imma and Kali Kallah in this.

If I contemplate the Light-Body of the Risen Savior it is like a rainbow in the sky; if I contemplate the ascension it is like the dissolution of the rainbow into the sky – the Holy Mother is the sky.

May we be blessed to consciously abide in the Divine Mother, awake; amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Mysteries of the Divine Feminine”