The Way

Phillip

The Way

#1 Postby Phillip » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:25 am

I'd been contemplating the Bride recently, and while my wife was driving us to see a movie one night (interestingly enough), she got caught up in thinking about how to get to the theatre from the parking lot while still looking for a parking space, so she got all muddled up. So I said something that I realize I needed to know on a more practical level in my daily life.

"If you look too far ahead, you loose the way."

Now contemplating this, I realized that when I really tune into the moment, there is an amazing phenomena that seems to occur. The moment guides us into the doorway of the next moment, quite naturally and spontaneously. There is a kind of guidance in each moment that if we tune into the moment, we can hear. But looking too far ahead, imposing our vital demands upon each moment, pushing each moment to achieve what we want or intend in some distant future tends to pull us out of the moment and into our own ego, and we only see ourselves and our own egotism everywhere around us. We also loose track of the subtle wisdom in each moment due to a lack of sensitivity and thereby the subtle guidance that is in it. I like to call that subtle guidance and wisdom in the NOW, 'the Bride' and for the sake of this post, I'm calling it that, but I don't know that this is her, exactly. I suppose she is not so easily pinned down, but this has been a recent contemplation of her in my experience.

gnostic

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The Way, Truth and Life

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:28 pm

Greetings Brother Phillip!

What a delightful contemplation of the Holy Bride - whether Sophia or Logos it does seem that the fullness of the Christos is in the moment, here and now always, and thus so also is the Way.

I'm reminded of the saying of Christ, "I am the Way, Truth and Life." Life is in the moment, and it is in this moment that we exist and have our being, not in the past or in the future, but here and now. Thus, if we seek the Truth and Light, we must look into the present, into this very moment, for right 'here' the Truth and Light is to be known; and in this sense the moment is the Way.

This "I am saying" is very interesting taken as a chant, for the I am (Eheieh) is the Christ Self, our True Being and Individuality. You are the Path, and the Real You is your Way on the Path, not as a concept but as the action of the Spirit of Truth; hence living according to the Truth and Light revealed in your experience from moment to moment. This is the very essence of the Divine Life.

Is the Way the Logos in us and the Path the Sophia? It is a question that comes to my mind in this moment. If I sojourn the Path in the Way of my soul, isn't the Way and Path one and the same - I Am? Isn't the 'I Am' always in the moment, in that point where time eternity and timeless eternity meet?

I'm reminded of a saying of Tau Elijah's: "The Path is simply being, and being yourself is the Way. All are on the Path and in the Way, whether conscious of it or not - this is life, and you are life happening."

In the Christian Kabbalah, the Holy Bride personifies Malkut-kingdom, and Malkut is the moment, the very instant of what is transpiring. The Bridegroom (Tiferet) is That Which is Transpiring within and behind that which appears as the moment. This Being (Bridegroom) and Becoming (Bride) are inseparable from one another.

It would seem the Holy Bride is what is happening in the moment - nowness.

This is a delightful contemplation, Brother Phillip.

The saying comes to mind, "There is no goal but the path," which is akin to the saying, "Be where you are." This is, indeed, the wisdom of the Bride, or so it seems.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Marion

phrophesy

#3 Postby Marion » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:09 pm

Dear Malachi and Phillip!

A very recent experience comes to mind with regards to this contemplation. Before reading this post, I was reading the post on the gnostic Appostolic sucession. I was only a little ways into it, when at the back of my mind there was the thought, "Oh I won't have anything to say about this post." This thought was present the whole time I was reading, I wasn't even thinking about what I was thinking. And sure enough, after I read it, I really couldn't think of anything to say in response, and then I wondered why. I realise now, that this was a self fufilling prophesy, I didn't have anything to say because I said that I wouldn't have anything to say. It seems like we are doing this all of the time, from moment to moment. These prophesies which are the content of our thoughts seem to be projections on future events, which we think we know what #1 will happen and #2 how we'll feel about what's happening. This seems to have alot to do with perfect sucess, in that, one of the steps is, "Maintain a completely positive attitude." This seems to be a conscious dissision from moment to moment to maintain Kavanah (Concentration), because I has been said before that any negitivity is a break in Kavanah.

Blessings and Shalom!
Marion

Rebekah

#4 Postby Rebekah » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:21 pm

Shalom!

This delightful contemplation speaks to me of perfect success as well. The idea that the present moment guides us into the doorway of the next moment certainly focuses our attention rightly on this moment and what we are invoking. We may plan for the future, yet this plan is shaped now by our thoughts, feelings/emotions, words and actions. Perhaps in addition to maintaining a positive attitude, this also speaks of consecration.

Blessings!
Rebekah
Sophia Fellowship
O.S.G.

Return to “Mysteries of the Divine Feminine”