I went down to the nut grove
To see the budding of the vale;
To see if the vines had blossomed,
If the pomegrantates were in bloom.
Before I knew it,
My desire set me
Mid the chariots of Ammi-nadib
(Song of Songs 6:11-12 JPS translation)

As we're in the window of the Feast of the Apocalypse--Fall Equinox--I delighted to find a nuance inside this verse that might not have caught my attention in another season.

The context is the reciprocal adoration of the features of the Lover and Beloved. The Zohar has treated this verse in passing in our study some years ago. The image of the nut garden is an ancient intuition of what great mathematicians like Benoit Mandelbrot have articulated and are applying in our time: The famous Mandelbrot Set pioneers how the infinitely large and small organic geometries mirror each other in what he coined as 'fractals'. Coastlines from space mirror the water's edge at your feet. Miniature shards of rock mirror the mountains from which they broke. In other words, the garden of nuts or pomegranates, trees bearing fruit bearing seeds of future trees is a superb image of realities within realities, infinities within infinities.

But wait! There's more! Many translations do not capture what is described in verse twelve specifically:

לֹא יָדַעְתִּי--נַפְשִׁי שָׂמַתְנִי, מַרְכְּבוֹת עַמִּי נָדִיב.

Lo yaDAHatee nafSHEE shaMAHTnee meyrkavot eemee nadiv.

What's vital here is the final clause. She is set in multiple chariots, merkavot, of her people, eemee. The character of these people is that they are nadiv: willing, generous, noble, and beneficent.

How the feminine may ride in more than one chariot at a time describes k'nesset, the community, of whom She is its soul, energy, and personification. We are each a chariot to her Presence and Power, by our response in faith to the nobility and beneficence of our holy soul. What this contributes to our contemplation of Apocalypse is precisely how we, in all our smallness and insignificance are, in Rumi's paraphrased words, "drops through which the ocean can pour." The capacity to flow an infinite ocean through our finitude is the nadiv of our soul, being a unique chariot for the Shekinah to run and return.

Praise be She, Charioteer of her innumerable chariots.
Running and returning, may our noble birthright in the Pleroma of light be in extension.

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Chariots of My Willing People

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:20 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

What a lovely post, dear brother, a great pleasure to read and contemplate. My soul is stirred within me – Praise God!

As you have spoken of realms within realms, worlds within worlds, universes within universes, and the reality of the infinite without and infinite within, let us remember that the Holy Sefirot are exactly this, that in each Sefirah there is an entire Tree of Life, and in each Sefirah composing that Holy Tree there is an entire Tree of Life, and so it is without end, outward and inward in the World of the Holy Sefirot.

If we understand the formation of the chariot or throne in the Tree of Life, then we will know its manifestation corresponds with Malkut, Shekinah; given what has been said about the Sefirot containing all Sefirot, and this extending outward and inward without end, there are literally countless manifestations of Malkut, Shekinah, Merkavah – Merkavot.

There is much that may be said about this, for these various merkavot correspond with faces, aspects, of the Holy Shekinah, which are taken up in inner plane work, as well as sacred ceremony and the practice of divine theurgy. When we take up spiritual work, and engage sacred ceremony in the continuum, we form a merkavah corresponding with the theurgic intention, and in forming the merkavah we become that merkavah, vehicle, of the Divine Presence and Power, Shekinah.

As we know, the formation of the merkavah is many things, it is our body of light along with our material body, and it is our person and life, our mind, heart and action, and likewise, joined with this, the ceremonial matrix we have created in the sacred space and the various cycles of movement in the ceremony – all of this becomes the vehicle of the corresponding manifestation of Ha-Shem, the Holy Shekinah.

There is something more, of course, for the Malkut of a Holy Tree corresponds with the manifestation of a realm, world or universe as it is in the Light Continuum and the Infinite, and therefore to be in the ‘garden’ and ‘among the chariots’ is to gaze into inner dimensions, inner planes, and the realms, worlds and universes that appear in them, and all of the living beings that appear in them. All the various manifestations of creation, on one level, in effect, they are all chariots, merkavot, of the Holy One and Shekinah – vehicles for the realization and embodiment of the Holy One.

In other words, the metaphor of chariots goes completely with the other poetic metaphors – it’s another term for the reality of the Tree of Life to those who know how to gaze, and how to engage aliyat neshamah, mystical ascents of the soul.

Now, if the various realms, worlds and universes of creation are as chariots of the One, and the One ‘rides in them,’ then so is every creature in this great matrix of creation, all are like chariots of the One, specifically when the One is awakened within them and therefore embodied in them.

As we know, however, the human being, who is the image and likeness of the Holy One, is the primary chariot, or vehicle, of the Divine Presence and Power, Shekinah; and we have beheld the perfection of this in our Elder Brother, Messiah Yeshua, who became the Gadol Merkavah (Great Chariot), uniting heaven and earth, the Pleroma (Yichud) and the Entirety (Perud).

Look and see, and understand! When we receive our anointing, receiving the Holy Light and Spirit from above, and being reborn in the Messiah, the Messiah and Holy Spirit indwell us, and as we are joined to the Living Body – Anointed Community, so we are, indeed, a merkavah, a vehicle, of the Messiah, this Light-presence and Light-power. The Anointed Community as a whole is this, and each member, or initiate, is this, all through Divine Grace, the immeasurable love of God; naturally, we labor to refine the merkavah, vehicle, our soul, our mind, heart and life, and allow the Messiah and Holy Spirit to take up our person and life more and more as we sojourn in the Way.

There is something of an open secret that we can share, which can be discussed in greater depth elsewhere, but certainly has a place here in this contemplation.

The full formation of our person and life as the holy merkavah of Yahweh, Yeshua, Adonai, corresponds with the uniting and reintegration of all aspects of our soul, and the full embodiment of our soul merged with the Messiah and Holy Spirit – or the “Perfect Light and Spirit.” If, indeed, we cleave to the Messiah and El Elyon, the Supreme, and we open to the Holy Light and Spirit, when we celebrate the holy feast of bread and wine (Eucharist), and we partake of the bread and wine, in that very instant if we abide in faith and love, cleaving, so we receive this wholeness of being, this healing and reconciliation as a gift – the Holy Light and Fire pervades and unites our entire being, and transforms all aspects of our being, our consciousness into the image and likeness of itself, the Infinite One.

These are some thoughts I can share at this point in this discussion; what has been shared seems enough for now. So I’m inclined to pause and wait upon the Spirit of the Lord (Adonai) to see where the Spirit might carry us.

May the great face of the Holy One shine upon you this day! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

#3 Postby Elder Gideon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:42 am

Shalom Tau Malachi:

Now, if the various realms, worlds and universes of creation are as chariots of the One, and the One ‘rides in them,’ then so is every creature in this great matrix of creation, all are like chariots of the One, specifically when the One is awakened within them and therefore embodied in them.

As we know, however, the human being, who is the image and likeness of the Holy One, is the primary chariot, or vehicle, of the Divine Presence and Power, Shekinah; and we have beheld the perfection of this in our Elder Brother, Messiah Yeshua, who became the Gadol Merkavah (Great Chariot), uniting heaven and earth, the Pleroma (Yichud) and the Entirety (Perud).

Many thanks of gratitude for your stimulating response to this contemplation. As I continue to hear what you're sharing, I'm reminded of something you've shared from your memory of Tau Elijah, who taught that all people are in prayer, but perhaps unconscious of to whom or what they're praying. Early in the journey, visualization of a Partzuf might be difficult only because other visualizations constantly interrupt or distract. Likewise, in what you're grounding, I'm hearing that every living soul is a vehicle, a chariot, to something, perhaps unconscious of who or what.

Unconscious of who or what reminds me of what the speaker in our scripture admits, "Before I knew it, my desire set me in the chariots of my noble people." Another way I hear Lo YaDa'ati nafshi is "My soul didn't know it was set in the chariots of my noble people," meaning, She, Shekinah, is awakening to the awareness of Herself in all of these vehicles going where they're going. Those who participate in, and are conscious of this evolutionary awakening, are noble-ones.

This opens a sublime mystery to which your response points. Simply, I hear you're saying that self is a vehicle with a provisional inside and outside, going where it is going. This inside-outside experience of the vehicular self is only partial, even misleading. What's really happening is that the Holy One is having our provisional experience through and as us. That of God that is awake, beyond physical vehicles, is waking up via physical vehicles.

Any clarifications and corrections are most welcome before I ask further!

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:26 am

Blessings and peace to you in Messiah Yeshua, our Adonai!

As we know, ‘Nature’ is an aspect of the Holy Shekinah, and in teachings that have been shared elsewhere it has been written that nature is awakening and becoming conscious of herself in humanity; and likewise as has been shared before, nature slowly savors her Awakening and evolution, confident that it is destined that she fully awaken and come into being. What is said about this single aspect of the Holy Shekinah may be said of the entire array of the Shekinah and all aspects, the Shekinah is awakening to herself with, in and through us, and as we awaken and cleave to the Holy One, as we are raised up in the resurrection and ascension, so she is uplifted in ascent, restored to her proper abode, and exalted beyond it, having awakened and evolved from glory to glory, increasing the immeasurable glory of the Infinite.

When our devekut-merging is perfect and complete, so the Shekinah manifests as us and we abide in conscious union with the Holy One and Shekinah; thus, “He and His Name are One upon the face of the earth” in the awakened human being.

Now, as we have said there are countless dimensions, universes, worlds and realms of creation, and this awakening and evolution of the Holy Shekinah, the Divine Presence and Power, is happening with, in and through all of them, and all living spirits and souls in them. The human one is the principle vehicle for this for this actualization and realization, and yet, understanding that all living creatures, all living spirits and souls, are within Supernal Adam (Supernal Humanity), so this is transpiring through all creatures and the entirety of creation.

There is, of course, the Upper Shekinah, transcendent, and the Lower Shekinah, immanent, and as such there is Being and Becoming; hence, the aspect of the Divine that is infinite and eternal, and unchanging, “That Which Was, Is and forever Shall Be,” Yahweh, and the aspect of the Divine that is awakening and evolving, growing in glory and all Divine Attributes, the “One and Many,” Elohim.

Yahweh Elohim, the “Lord God,” or the ‘Being of the Becoming,’ ‘The One Becoming’; understanding all (Kol) is One, sharing the same foundation, the same essence and nature, Ain, Ain Sof, Or Ain Sof.

In the Book of Apocalypse the Great Name of the Holy One uttered is Yahweh Elohim, Shaddai, the “Lord God, the Almighty,” this is the Holy Shekinah – Shekinah of the Messiah, Elohim, fully realized and embodied in the world, in creation, and exalted beyond, unified with the Holy One, Yahweh; hence, the complete realization of the Being of the Becoming, this realization corresponding to the World-To-Come or New Jerusalem.

New Jerusalem is the Bride, Kallah, of the Lamb of God – Shekinah of the Messiah, and understanding this, we may consider another translation of this Hebrew phrase: “Before I was aware, my fancy set me in a chariot beside my prince” (NRS). This corresponds with the appearance of New Jerusalem, the chariot, merkavah, having been formed and realized, the Great Liberation transpiring.

If we understand that this enlightenment and liberation is always transpiring in our midst, then here and now this is ongoing – New Jerusalem is appearing, the World-That-Is-Coming is manifesting.

These are a few thoughts that arise this morning.

Aleichem Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Mysteries of the Divine Feminine”