Wonders performed by Mary Magdalene

Martina

Wonders performed by Mary Magdalene

#1 Postby Martina » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:39 am

Tau Malachi describes many wonders performed by Mary Magdalene in his book. I suppose they are meant symbolicly like her appearing in several places at the same time, the story of a young man seeking wealth or in the story of the Lady of the woods as well as her healing the sick?

Blessings Juni

MichaelMagdalene

#2 Postby MichaelMagdalene » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:48 am

I have not read any of Tau Malachi's books yet so I don't know if it is mentioned by him, but there is an interesting one that the Eastern Orthodoxy tells of her turning an egg red.

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Wonder Woman

#3 Postby Elder Gideon » Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Shalom Juni and Michael Magdalene!

While legends of the wonders performed by St. Mary Magdalene are told throughout many Christian traditions, what examples Tau Malachi has recorded in "St. Mary Magdalene" are exceptional and thrillingly new to many who are already familiar with Her iconography.

As Tau Malachi states in the book, the historicity of these stories of Lady Mary are completely irrelevant to the mysteries and metaphysics of Sophian Christianity. They flow from a well of Sophian oral tradition reaching back five known generations of Tau (masters of the tradition). For the first time, they are recorded, for they are needed in our generation to empower practioners and devotees of the Bride, most especially women practioners.

Historicity of a story is neither its power nor its transformation of the listener. If this was so, then we would be transformed by historical facts, even the evening news! No, the power of stories of holy people, like Mary of Magdal and Yeshe Tsogyal of Tibet and White Buffalo Cow Woman of the North American Plains is the familiarity and resonance we feel shifting our hearts and consciousness. This is their power, much more like a dream experience. In this way, many who've discovered these stories recorded by Tau Malachi are completely on the mark in their perception of the shamanic threads of Sophian tradition.

Arise, Great Bride, and gather your daughters and sons beneath your wings!

Blessings and Shalom!

Brother Michael+

MichaelMagdalene

#4 Postby MichaelMagdalene » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:58 pm

I'm glad you mentioned shamanism... I have been contemplating posting somthing concerning that and its connection with gnosticism...

Martina

RE: Wonder woman

#5 Postby Martina » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:50 pm

Thank you for explaining the dreamlike quality. That puts the stories into perspective for me.

Blessings Juni

Penelope

#6 Postby Penelope » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:26 am

Greetings all,

Thank you for your question Juni! It stimulated delightful contemplations – far and wide. With regard to the legend of Magdalene and the young man seeking wealth, here are some thoughts that arose.

The language used to express the initiatory transmissions between a spiritual master and disciple seems to be couched in terms that can be misinterpreted when viewed literally. How else can a death of a karmic pattern be understandably described except in terms of a body death? What better description of the shift from the ordinary mind to the supramental than cutting off one’s head? When I contemplated the legend of the Magdalene taking the young man into the forest clearing, it was to me a description of transmission from master to disciple. The legend shows how a worldly desire (that of being rich), when brought to the spiritual path, can be a vehicle toward self-realization. Through that desire, he was drawn to Lady Mary and received teachings. In this close relationship of master and disciple, the Bride knew when the young man was ripe for an experience of the transcendental, brought him to a place of power, and with the Sword of Truth, facilitated the experience. The young man was reborn; the stars of his birth chart shifted.

I have read stories from other wisdom traditions what discuss the karmic anchor caused by a strong material desire we have not experienced. The young man’s desire first shifted from a desire for personal wealth to a desire for wealth to help others and to support his spiritual community. Through the transcendental experience, his desire was both transmuted and experienced, completely cutting the karmic ties that could have bound him.

When I read the Legends of Mary Magdalene, I “see” a tale of our own potential. She demonstrates our journey from whatever hells we descended into to the heights we can potentially attain. She walks with us in each generation, encouraging us to walk the path to Truth of our Being. Blessed be!

Penelope

Martina

#7 Postby Martina » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:11 am

Your interpretation of the story is very beautiful and I now understand its meaning better. I felt that it was about a powerful transformation but I could not find the apt expression for it. You showed me that there is much to contemplate in all of these stories.
Thank you and blessings Juni

Phillip

#8 Postby Phillip » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:58 pm

Shalom Everyone!

I agree, Juni, I think Penelope nailed your question in her response. One could also reference the story of Abraham in connection to this event, for when Abraham is told by God to "reckon the stars and count them" by God in Genesis, it is said to be a similar event, and in fact the event in the Magdalene story may be an allusion to this story, so this story of Abraham might be able to draw it out more for the sake of further contemplation.

Shalom!

Marion

#9 Postby Marion » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:20 pm

Shalom All!

You are right Juni, there is indeed much to contemplate in these stories, it seems like an entire book could be written on each one, if all the levels of meaning were to be drawn out. With any teaching that may be given, there are many levels of meaning, some of which may only be drawn out by the practictioner years or even decades after recieving the teaching!

I find that there is something magical if we allow ourselfs to view the wonders Magdalene is said to have performed as real. For me this has been very powerful. Because just as we may beleive that Yeshua healed many people and such, it is also important to see Magdalene doing similar things. It is very powerful for women espesially. Because if she did, it means that we also have this same capacity, indeed it is our divine destiny to do these things, and even greater things than these. I am not saying that anyone even has any proof for Magdalene's existence on this Earth, However, it is very powerful to entertain the Magical play of her stories and her wisdom.

Blessings and Shalom,
Marion

DMt.

#10 Postby DMt. » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:28 am

When I first came across the 'Secret Gospel of Mary' on this site [from a Google search, 'Eve Lilith'] the words rapidly overwhelmed me, to the point of tears. I came very close to kneeling in front of the PC monitor in thanks!

I should like very much to read more.

Return to “Mysteries of the Divine Feminine”