Black Madonna: Black Goddess

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Black Madonna: Black Goddess

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:39 am

The Black Madonna: Black Goddess

When I gaze upon the Black Madonna, whether in her form as Our Lady of Guadeloupe in the Americas or her European forms, I behold the countenance of mystery, things hidden, deep wisdom and dynamic power – I behold a magical presence that answers prayers and invocations, extends blessings and grace, heals the sick and works miracles when all hope is lost; I behold she who appears to all who seek her, whether “saint” or “sinner,” and she who reveals what is hidden, and though embodying an incredible destructive force, I behold in her the liberative power of the Divine Mother that draws souls up in the Great Ascension, Divine Rapture.

Her images appear in caves, grottoes and crypts, at crossroads and wells and on mountaintops, in the clefts of rocks and trees, and in all manner of places one feels something of the mystery of the womb and tomb, or one senses the threshold between this world and the world of spirits – the underworld or “other side.”

If the bright forms of the Virgin Mary correspond to the full moon, then the Black Madonna is the dark phase of the moon’s cycle, the new moon that purifies, heals and renews, and that initiates; the power of the mystical death and rebirth through which the soul comes into being and is empowered in the Divine Life.

In her there is Wild Gnosis or Crazy Wisdom, Divine Passion and Divine Madness, the spiritual ecstasy that dispels the unreal and brings us into conscious union with the Real – the truth of Bornless Being.

She is completely vertical, and yet she is earthy and grounded, granting earthly blessings as much as heavenly blessings; she is the Dark Radiance of the Primordial Ground from which all arises and to which all returns, and in which all abides, and though she is ever the same in her essence and nature, and is the Bornless Nature of all, she is Mother Impermanence, Our Lady of the Great Transformation.

She may be dread and terrible to those who do not know her, and may turn one’s world upside down when she is embraced, yet she is a most sweet and nurturing presence of the Divine Mother, enlightening and liberating the soul from bondage to sorrow and suffering. She is Mother Enigma, Mistress of Mystery – to know her is an adventure into unknowing and uncertainty, the wildness of life through which the most radical evolution takes place; there is no explaining her, but all who are willing can enter into the experience of her, and ready or not, at the end-of-days all enter her embrace, for she is the End-Of-Days.

In her there is a great secret, for often she is with her Holy Child and her child is black like her, the Midnight Sun, the Black Sun – the Supernal Light that is above hidden everywhere below; this is She and Her Divine Child, and to those who know Her, She gives birth to them as Her Child of Supernal Light. She is the Emptiness that is Divine Fullness; the dynamism of cessation through which the Pleroma of Light is revealed in the Entirety – Praise Kali Imma, Black Madonna!

There is another secret in her too, for she is *all desire*, all power – she is fire consuming fire, making all like unto itself, the fire cast upon the world that sets the world ablaze until nothing remains but she who is the Holy Shekinah of the nameless, unknowable and unspeakable; the presence and power of Ain (No-Thingness).

Gazing into the glory of the Light-emanations, as into the Divine Body of the Risen Christ, there She is: Mother Clear Light, Grandmother Void.

Though she is black, she is transcendent of the appearance of light and darkness, and all dualism, and she is inseparable from the Bright Virgin; as a revelation in sacred discourse a holy women once said of her: “She is the Mother of the True Light, the Gate of the Highest of Life; in Her is the fruition of the All, and She is the All-In-All.

Perhaps in this is a hint of this Goddess, our beloved Sophian Nigrans, whom according to legend was adored by the Templars…

A Divine Image for Meditation:

The Black Madonna appears as an ebony woman, as though formed of radiant darkness with clear features, holding her child on her lap who also formed of radiant darkness, enthroned upon her, and they are robed in gold studded with diamonds, golden topaz, rubies, sapphires and emeralds, both wearing golden crowns that are the same – rainbow glory shines from the Mother and Her Holy Child; they are as the Great Vision of Melchizedek.

An Essential Chant:

Ka-Ah-La-Yah Yah-Ma-Ma-Ah

There are several continuums of spiritual practice with the Black Madonna taught in the Order of St. Mary Magdalene, which are often used by initiates of the Order of St. Michael as well, but this visualization and chant are enough for those who wish to enter into her acquaintance – invoking her, she will reveal herself and she will reveal you in herself.

May all who seek Her embrace be blessed to be raised up as Her Holy Child; amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

sophia-suzette

#2 Postby sophia-suzette » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:18 am

Salutations Tau Malachi

This post comes at such a good timing for me.
I have of late been exploring the various forms “ Our Lady of the Great Transformation” has taken in various cultures. In my searches I came across an ancient Egyptian story of Isis, which comes from two papyri dated to the 19th Dynasty.
Aset/Isis was clever. Her heart was more cunning than a million men; She was wiser than a million gods; more discerning than a million of the Akh. Only one thing She did not know in heaven and earth. Aset purposed in her heart to learn the one thing She still lacked, the name of the august god, Ra

Ra entered every day at the head of His entourage, taking His place on the throne of the two horizons. Though divine, old age caused him to drool. He spat here and there, leaving his spittle fallen upon the soil. Isis took it and the earth it moistened, and kneaded it with Her hand. She built the mud into an august snake with a sharp tongue. Then she left it at the crossroads past which the great god used to go throughout the Two Lands.

Now, Ra the great god appeared with the gods in His entourage accompanying Him, so that He might stroll as on every day. At the crossroads as He walked, the snake bit Him. It then came forth from Him and vanished among the grass. When the divine god could gain His voice, the noise of His mighty crying reached the heavens. The Entourage of His Ennead said: “What is it? What is it?” But He could not find His voice to answer about it. His lips were trembling, and His body shuddered. The poison took possession of his flesh as the Nile takes possession of the land after it.

When the great god had composed His heart, He cried out to His Companions: "Come to me, all you gods who came into being in my body, who came forth from me, that I may make known to you what has happened. Something painful has stabbed me. My heart does not recognize it, my eyes have not seen it, my hand did not make it, and I do not recognize it in all that I have made. I have not tasted a pain like unto it, and there is nothing more painful than it.

I am abounding in names and abounding in forms. My forms exist as every god; I am called Atum and Heru-of-Praise. My father and my mother told me my name, but it was hidden in my body before I was born, in order that the power of a male of female magician might not be made to play against me. While I was going out of doors to see what I had made, and to stroll in the Two Lands which I have created, something has stung me---I know not what. It is not really fire; it is not really water. My heart is on fire, my body is trembling, and my body is beginning to chill.

Let the children of the gods be brought to me, the beneficent of speech, who know their magic spells, whose wisdom reaches the heavens."

So the children of the gods came, every one of them having his mourning, but Aset came with Her skill, Her speech having the breath of life, Her utterances expelling pain, and Her words reviving him whose throat was constricted. She said, "What is it, what is it, my divine father? What—a snake stabbed weakness into you? One of your children lifted up his head against you? Then I shall cast it down with effective magic. I shall make it retreat at the sight of your rays."

The holy god opened his mouth: "It is that I was going along the way, strolling in the Two Lands and the foreign countries, for my heart desired to see what I had created, when I was bitten a snake, without seeing it. It is not really fire; it is not really water; but I am colder than water, I am hotter than fire. My entire body is sweating, while I am shivering. My eye is not steadfast, and I cannot see. The heavens are beating upon my face as at the time of summer."

Then Aset said, "Tell me your name, my divine father, for a person lives whose name one recites (Heka)."

And Ra replied, "I am he who made heaven and earth, who knotted together the mountains, and created what is thereon. I am he who made the waters, so that the Heavenly Cow might come into being. I am he who made the bull for the cow, so that sexual pleasures might come into being. I am he who made the heaven and the mysteries of the two horizons, so that the soul of the gods might be placed therein. I am he who opened his eyes. So that light might come into being, who closed his eyes, so that darkness might come into being, in conformance with whose command the Nile flows, but whose name the gods have not learned. I am he who made the hours, so that days might come into being. I am he who opened the year and created the river. I am he who made the living fire, in order to bring into being the work of the palace. I am Khepri in the morning, Re at noon, and Atum who is in the evening."

But the poison was not checked in its course, and the great god did not recover.

Then Isis said to Ra: "Your name is not really among these which you have told me. If you tell me it, the poison will come forth, for a person whose name is pronounced, lives."

The poison burned with a burning. It was more powerful than flame or fire.

Then the majesty of Ra said: "Let your ears be given to me, daughter Aset/Isis, that my name may come forth from my body into your body. The most divine among the gods concealed it, so that my place might be wide in the Barque of Millions of Years. If there should take place a first time of its issuing from my heart, tell it to your son Heru, after you threaten him with an oath of the god, and have placed the god in his eyes."

The great god then divulged his name to Aset, the Great of Magic.

Isis then spoke this Healing spell and cast out the poison from Ra's body and majesty: "Come forth from Ra! Come forth from the burning god at my spell! It is I who acts; it is I who sends the message. Come upon the ground, O mighty poison! Behold, the great god has divulged his name, and Ra is living, the poison is dead, through the speech of Aset the Great, the Mistress of the Gods, who knows Ra by his name."

In reading the story I recalled that Lilith flew from paradise uttering the secret name of God. I also thought it significant these words;
“Let your ears be given to me, daughter Aset/Isis, that my name may come forth from my body into your body.”
Transmission of light?

“ If there should take place a first time of its issuing from my heart, tell it to your son Heru, after you threaten him with an oath of the god, and have placed the god in his eyes."
The Human One of Light?

“In her there is a great secret, for often she is with her Holy Child and her child is black like her, the Midnight Sun, the Black Sun – the Supernal Light that is above hidden everywhere below; this is She and Her Divine Child, and to those who know Her, She gives birth to them as Her Child of Supernal Light. She is the Emptiness that is Divine Fullness; the dynamism of cessation through which the Pleroma of Light is revealed in the Entirety – Praise Kali Imma, Black Madonna”

The similarities between this story of Isis and that of the Black Madonna feels strong to me.

“... that purifies, heals and renews, and that initiates; the power of the mystical death and rebirth through which the soul comes into being and is empowered in the Divine Life.”

“ ... or she is *all desire*, all power – she is fire consuming fire ...”
the serpent she fashions?

The Divine Trickster brings renewal , transformation, through our “wounds”

Does the secret name of God get transferred through Kali Imma and so bring the Great Ascension? It is not quite clear to me yet, but it feels as if we must embrace first Kali Imma before we can receive the “secret name of God.”

This has been burning in me for weeks now, I will be most grateful for your comments.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Black Goddess

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:42 am

Greetings Sophia-Suzette!

It is good to hear from you again, my sister. Your insights seem perfectly on the mark to me – Aset/Isis and the ancient Egyptian mystery tradition play a significant role in the studies and practice of many Sophians, for it is among the ancient wisdom traditions that contribute a great deal to the Judeo-Christian stream of the Light Transmission and, specifically to Christian Gnosticism. The Light Transmission was manifest in ancient Egyptian, Greek, Mesopotamian and other Middle Eastern wisdom traditions before emerging in the Jewish and Christian traditions, thus looking into these ancient traditions can give insight into the deeper esoteric and mystical dimensions of Christianity. This is especially true for Gnostic Christian traditions that honor Sophia, for we acquire a deeper and more panoramic vision of her through the study and contemplation of other traditions.

Aset/Isis and Heru-Ur/Horus are clearly the source of inspiration for the Madonna and Child; in fact, to remind of this I acquired a replica of Isis with Horus on her lap as one of the images for our shrine to the Divine Mother in the discourse room of the center, reflecting this influence in the Christian stream. There is no doubt that legends of Isis, Osiris and Horus, among other Egyptian myth cycles, as well as other ancient pagan traditions, influenced Christian tradition – the parallels are very clear.

Here we must say that the Light Transmission passes through various forms, in various ages and among diverse peoples, and from one to another there is an evolution of the Light Transmission, more refined and higher forms of the Light Transmission becoming manifest. In the gospel what transpired in myth cycles among gods and goddesses (neteru), or what was intuited on an archetypal level, came to pass among human beings, becoming embodied and enacted in the world.

In Isis we find the Virgin Mother in her divinity and power, in her co-equality, and we find the union of the Bright Virgin and Black Madonna; we find the fullness of Mother Sophia. If we look into the story of Isis in her morning Osiris, and her adventures recovering his body and generating Horus, we shall find significant parallels to the story of the fall and redemption of Pistis Sophia. In fact, in the Sophian lineage we often use images of Isis as representations of Pistis Sophia for the purpose of visualization, viewing them as an expression of one and the same archetype. In the Gnostic gospel entitled Pistis Sophia there are distinct parallels with ancient Egyptian tradition, especially with the Book of Going Forth by Day (the “Egyptian Book of the Dead”).

In terms of the Black Madonna, or other forms of the Black Goddess, there is more that can be said, for she represents the inclusion and integration of the whole of ourselves and the whole of life to the spiritual path, including the harsher and darker aspects we might be inclined to avoid and reject, or even demonize; specifically, she in the inclusion and integration of our Shadow Self, drawing upon it as a source of energy for Self-realization in Christ, rather than attempting to repress it or cut it off. In our work with the Black Madonna, Lilith and other expressions of Sophia Nigrans, rather than fighting with negativity and wrestling with the Shadow Self, we seek to embrace it and relate with it in a different way – a productive and beneficial way, seeking to transform it to serve in the Self-realization process.

Although Aset/Isis is the foundation from which the Madonna and Child emerge, nevertheless, she is really a topic of Divine Feminine mysteries in and of herself, as is the Black Madonna – but no doubt, the magic-power associated with Isis is most strongly drawn out in the Black Madonna and Lilith within the Judeo-Christian stream.

I find the legends of images of the Black Madonna appearing on their own very intriguing, as well as stories of her images speaking and moving and changing color to communicate with her devotees, or stories of her images becoming too hot for thieves to touch or becoming too heavy for them to move, and all of the miracles that have come to be associated with her. The tales can sound so fanciful to modern ears, and yet those intimately acquainted with the Black Goddess are also intimately familiar with her miraculous power or magic-power, the blessings and grace that flow from her to those who love her and cleave to her and worship her as the Divine.

Perhaps what is most profound is the quality of non-dual realization that is innate to the Black Mother, Kali Imma, for on account of her transcendence there is no dualism in her and all is sacred as it is; though she is completely vertical, transcendental, yet she grants an abundance of earthly and material boons, as much as heavenly blessings. There is no hierarchy in her, but she is what is happening just as it is happening beyond judgments of “good” and “bad,” the awareness of Reality as It Is without attachment and aversion, or any distinction between “this” and “that.” We might rightly say, “She is Our Lady of Fearlessness,” or “Our Lady of Freedom and Joy.”

The very essence of the ascension is non-dual realization.

Here we may also say that devotees of Kali Imma often associate themselves with the Trickster-Prankster-Fool.

Ah, the delights of our beloved Sophia, bright and dark, and all of the rainbow glory in between! Ave Maria, Ave Sophia!

May we know our freedom in her, as in the Risen Christ emerging from the tomb; amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Mother in Thresholds

#4 Postby Elder Gideon » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:35 am

Greetings and Shalom!

I am most grateful for this explanation of the Black Goddess, for I've often seen images of Her and did not quite intuit how She is distinct from the more common, brighter images of Mother Mary. My first contact with any image of her came in a documentary film with Joseph Campbell, where he related experiencing a rare privilege. His many, many visits to Chartres cathedral caught the eye of the sachristan living in the Cathedral, who, feeling his deep, heartfelt awe of the space of Chartres invited him in to a chamber in and behind what is publicly visible. In the center of this chamber was the Black Madonna.

If the arrangement in Chartres is any indicator of Her hidden role throughout Western Mystery Traditions, this explains how less likely we'll find a Black Madonna openly in an exoteric church space. Her mystery, while for all, seems for the few. I suppose from what you relate so helpfully above, She is Mother Enigma, beyond a Mother only for the saints. For this reason, as for many others I'm sure, the timing of this post is most auspicious, as we enter into the cycle of the new moon today, anticipating soon enough the darkest, longest night of the solar year--Winter Solstice.

Either cycle is in itself enigmatic as Mother Enigma, for we are in powerful transitions and thresholds. She quite literally feels like an partzuf-emanation in the Tree of Life between Binah and Da'at; black and radiant darkness is Her Face as in Binah and the Holy Child outside Her Womb, being black is the Midnight Sun, the crown of Zer Anpin. These qualities are quite inbetween and extraordinary. If we find ourselves in transitions, even stalked by resistance to moving forward into the unknown, what more may be said of Her specific blessing power with regards to thresholds in the spiritual life?

Gratefully,

Brother Michael+

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Change

#5 Postby Tau Malachi » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:42 am

Salutations Brother Michael+!

I do not know that I would say that the Black Madonna is “for the few,” but rather she is for everybody, she accepts the “saint” and “sinner” alike, and will turn no one away that seeks her embrace. She is not for the few, she is for all, but few are willing to her embrace for few are willing to accept Reality as It Is – the light and shadow, the beauty and horror, life and death. That she would be hidden from peoples, put away out of sight and out of mind by the religious establishment, reflects the dominion of patriarchy and the gross denial of many aspects of life common to so many religious views.

Merely look into western society and culture, and look into its religious institutions – we do not like to look and see the truth of impermanence and death, but live in denial of it, ignoring it, and likewise we are taught to reject the Shadow Self, rather than to embrace it and relate with it, and to integrate it. We tend to deny and reject what the Black Goddess represents, just as we tend to deny and reject the Holy Bride – it is the plight of the division between the exoteric and esoteric in western religions.

It is interesting, if you were privileged to go into the Ka’aba at Mecca to look and see what is in it –inside the great black cube is a great black meteorite, which originally was adored as a representation of the Black Goddess. It is the only “idol” Mohammed allowed to be kept from the ancient Pagan temple that was transformed into the Muslim holy of holies. Imagine that, a symbol of the Black Goddess in the center of the holiest place in all Islam! It is rather like the Black Madonna hidden away in a Catholic cathedral – and it appears that, although denying her outwardly, still there is a drawing upon the power of the Great Mother!

Indeed, she is for everybody, as is the very nature of the Divine Mother, even if everybody is not for her.

In the midst of things ever-changing we are perpetually in transition, continually in change. At times this truth becomes obvious, in what we call “transition,” and yet it is ongoing all of the time, and is the very nature of space-time and sentient existence: *impermanence*. We are always in between this and that, always in the experience of an in-between; if we are willing to embrace the Black Goddess, Our Lady of In-betweens, and we recognize and realize this, then quite naturally our relationship with transition will be transformed – rather than resisting change or struggling against it, we will embrace it and make the most of it. Perhaps we will come to know and understand that the truth of impermanence, the truth of constant flux, is our freedom, our liberation.

Indeed, in the Black Madonna we are restored to the flow of what’s happening, and we learn to thrive in the midst of change, to thrive in the midst of the challenges of life – we learn to rise to the challenge with a conscious response, rather than reacting based upon habitual patterns, as though to avoid or stop the inevitable. Embracing the Black Goddess we get real and we learn to accept Reality as It Is; we come to recognize the Divine as the Divine Is, the Divine in great beauty and great horror alike. In this we are liberated from attachment and aversion, and we experience the innate bliss of our true nature, our bornless nature, which is represented by the Black Goddess; hence, the spiritual gift of fearlessness the Black Goddess is noted as granting those who are most intimately acquainted with her.

If we find ourselves caught upon a threshold, in resistance to change, or we find ourselves in need of change, the invocation of the Black Madonna, or other forms of Sophian Nigrans, can prove very helpful – in the midst of change she will uplift us if we are willing, but invoking her we must be willing to let go and to move with her dance, to move with what’s happening.

May we abide in the sacred dance of Sophia and be set free; amen.

Shabbat Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Marion

#6 Postby Marion » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:16 am

Shalom!
What a wonderful contemplation of the black Goddess!
It is very intruging to me how the black Madonna is depicted as being very sweet, almost like depictions of the virgin mother, only she is black. And yet, what is being depicted here is a wrathful emanation of the mother, like Lilatu. Because one would perhaps expect her to look less peaceful. Does this point to a mystery, are both the virgin mother and the black Madonna in the Madonna herself whatever the form she assumes?

Is this mystery also alluded to in the golden robe that she and her child often wear? because, gold or yellow is the color of the sun and of Lord Yeshua. At first I was very confused by this. Why is the mother wearing a color that is typicaly associated with the Divine Masculine? Is this to point at the black Madonna's transendence, As in how she is called the end of days? Because, unlike the moon, the sun is something that cannot be grasped, or drawn near to, at least not in one of these bodies.

Also, as the mother of creation, does she act like a sun, like the sun, transmiting light and life to sentient beings? Because if one thinks of mothering in a mundane way even, the mother transmitts norishment to the child, gives the child life, and make the child to live and hopfully thrive, and yet, from the moment of conception the mother has brought on the childs death. That sounds an awful lot like the dark Goddess :-)

Blessings and Shalom!
Marion

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The Madonna

#7 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:16 pm

The Madonna

If we speak of the Madonna or the Goddess as She is in Herself, all of Her forms are in Her and are inseparable from one another – She is Sacred Unity, One; yet, this oneness manifests as multiplicity, and Her myriad forms shine forth, each being the Divine Fullness of the One, of the Many, but each individual and unique – She is as the “quantum manifestation” of the Divine, whether on the archetypal level or the actual level, the Great Matrix. In the Kabbalah this is indicated by the Divine Name corresponding to the Goddess, Elohim.

The same may be said of the Madonna and the Magdalene, for they are two aspects of the Divine Feminine, two aspects of Sophia or the Shekinah of Messiah, the Mother and Bride. Although they appear as two, and are individual and unique emanations, yet in their essence and nature they are one and the same, the Divine Feminine.

This, of course, points to the true nature of reality as understood in Supernal or Messianic Consciousness, the experience of oneness and multiplicity without contradiction – the union of the individual and universal in which neither the individual or universal is lost, but rather the individual and universal are mutually fulfilled, actualized and realized. The Madonna, the Goddess, white, black, red, or of any color that might be named in rainbow display, is Reality as It Is, is the fullness of Life; and such is the nature of Supernal or Supramental Realization – it is an integral Self-realization, the Pleroma of Life (Light).

Of the Black Goddess it is said, “She is black to those who do not know Her, but She is white brilliance to those who know and love Her, and who experience union through Her.” Black, or white, contains all colors, the entire spectrum of the Divine Light, the Divine Life.

In terms of the appearance of the Goddess, the Divine Feminine, this seems to depend upon who is looking and upon who is seeing – as we look we encounter an aspect of Her that we resonate with and have a natural affinity with as an individual, but as we see Her we encounter Her fullness, which though within each and every aspect, transcends any single aspect and transcends all of them together. It does not matter through which aspect we come to Her, for looking upon Her and entering into Her embrace, we shall recognize and realize Her Divine Fullness and know Her as the All-In-All.

Of course, loving the Goddess is like loving womanhood – we may love all womanhood, love all women as the reflection and emanation of Sophia, of Shekinah, of the Goddess; yet, one woman is our mother whom we love more, whom we love in a special way, and so it is with the Goddess and Her aspects. The aspect through which we come to Her is our Holy and Divine Mother who gives spiritual birth to us, and we love Her more, we love Her in a special way. It is only natural, for it reflects our unique individuality, and reflects of life’s intentionality – our True Will, our True Love.

Myself, I am biased, for the Dark Goddess is my Divine Mother, so She is everything to me; through Her I was reborn to the Real and taken up in ascent, and through her I have come to know the Divine Pleroma – it is She who has given spiritual birth to me, and so she is everything to me. Another devotee of the Goddess might speak of another aspect in the same way, but there would be no contradiction – it is the appearance the Holy Mother assumes according to the needs and desires of her child, all as is good and beneficial for the growth and development Her child.

The Madonna assumes the form corresponding to Her Holy Child in you – the real you.

Having said this, considering the traditional colors of the Black Madonna, meditate upon the image of the sun when viewed from beyond the earth and the atmosphere of the earth – contemplate the sun when view in space: there, in the midst of a great dark void of endless space, is a golden star, emerging as though out of nothing. This is the Black Madonna and Her Holy Child, your Holy Star.

Of your Holy Star we may say, “There is a Star within the Star, the glory of the Star and the essence of the Star.” In this we may understand something of the Gnostic Gospel of Judas when at first it is said that his star “deceived” him, but then being shown by the Master how to follow his star, in so doing he experiences the Great Ascension and is empowered to help the Master in the labor of the Light Transmission. The Black Madonna is she who dispels your illusions, she who dispels your falsehood, she who rends the veil of glory to reveal your True Essence, the Truth and Light of your Holy Star. If not black and gold, what color should She be; what color speaks the mystery better? Black, and robed in Solar Light, the mystery is an open secret for all to look and see – right there in the open, right there in front of our face! Praise Kali Imma, and praise Kali Shemesh!

In our Tantra Yoga of Christ we seek to receive the Mother’s Force, the Light from above, and receiving and integrating the Mother’s Force we seek to awaken, uplift and redeem the Serpent Power. The Mother’s Force sets in motion the descending and ascending force of the Serpent Power (Logos and Sophia in us) and in their union the fullness of Her Force shines from within is, the Supernal Light. The essence of this Divine Light is Clear Light, and yet in manifestation it is Solar Light, a spiritual nuclear fire that gives life and light to all, and transforms all; the traditional colors of black and gold perfectly express this Great Mystery.

There is something to be said of the Great Mother, as hinted at in many Gnostic scriptures when they speak the mystery of Barbelo – the Divine Masculine and Divine Feminine are in Her; Her transcendence is the “Face of the Living Father” She is He and He is She, and what She is in Herself transcends gender, but She is All-Generation, and He is the Generating Force. That Force becomes Her own, and is Her and all Her emanations – all that She conceives, gestates and births: in a word, all that She engenders (generates) in creation.

She is the ground of all reality and Her Holy Child is the radiant display of reality that naturally and spontaneously arises from that holy ground; regardless of appearances, whether peaceful, blissful or wrathful, or whether feminine or masculine, it is all the same in essence and nature, all the same in Her.

Ah, the perfect delight of the Mother’s Knowledge – Divine Gnosis, Divine Illumination!

Knowing the Great Mother may we be blessed with Understanding and Wisdom, and may our Holy Crown, our Holy Star, be set into our head and shine from within our heart; amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

The Child, The Door

#8 Postby Elder Gideon » Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:04 pm

Greetings Friends!

Praise be Imma Elyon for these teachings!

The Black Mother is Binah on the Tree of Life, Depth of End. She is End of Days. Where this metaphysically may be found below in our experience is in the impermanence of all that exists, even our sun. Our very cosmic cycle itself has a beginning, some thirteen and half billion years ago! Therefore, this cosmos too will come to an end, however inconceivable this sounds. Mother Time is this motion in Becoming. Nothing can escape this motion.

Supposing this is what Hinduism is embracing with Kalima, then we find a very similar energy in the Black Madonna. Even though her all-devouring appetite is veiled, the Blackness of this Madonna suggests a wrathful emanation brought into repose by the Holy Child. Who brings Kali Ma's incessant blood rage to cessation is described in one line of the Hindu mythos as Shiva emanating, reposed beneath her foot; the instant of contact, She remembers her beloved and is entranced. Likewise, then, the emanation of the Messiah causes the Black Mother to cease from all Her destruction.

The Holy Child indeed is a door into timeless Being. This principle is foreshadowed in the Exodus by the Black Mother consuming the firstborn of Egypt. What causes her to pass over? Lamb's blood on the door lintel. The Lamb is the Risen Savior, timeless eternity incarnate in time.

Do not despise the Lamb. Without it, we will not see the King.

May we remember you Holy Door and enter!

Blessings and Shalom!

Brother Michael+

Tamara

#9 Postby Tamara » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:12 am

Shalom to All,

Brother Michael+'s comments came very near to what I thought as I read these posts. It seems to me that the Dark Mother is the one so close to the Ayin that most of us perceive her with some fear. In the Jewish, Christian and Vajrayana traditions there seem to be 2 sorts of divine beings: the "peaceful" ones--the Mary of the outer church, the angels who appear in gentle human form, Buddhist deities such as Tara and Avalokiteswara--and the "wrathful" or fearsome ones--the Black Madonna, Kali, angels who appear as burning wheels, or the wrathful tantric deities such as Vajrayogini and Heruka.

One way to understand the more fearsome beings comes from Brother Michael+'s observation. They are still so far beyond our normal state of consciousness that they can be a little perilous for us to approach without appropriate preparation and reverence. The line about not being able to see the face of God and live comes to mind.

Blessed is our Mother Who bridges the realms of form and formlessness!

Tamara
Student, tell me: what is God? The breath within the breath.

Leslie Kaneel

Supernova

#10 Postby Leslie Kaneel » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:39 am

Greetings!

The Black Mother is like a supernova. A very large golden star shining in the darkness of space. Near the End of Days ("Depth of End") She changes to a red with white core, superheated ball of tremendous Light and energy. In Her destructive power, collapses in on Herself and explodes outward with amazing force throwing out to the Cosmos the precious, complex elements necessary for All Life to flourish!

Our very bodies are made up of elements that came from stars that died billions of years ago in a supernova. This seeming chaos giving the dust and debris orbiting around the newly forming Sun of this Solar System bringing forth planets, moons, asteroids,......

Passive stars bound up in themselves do not share their precious elements; hydrogen and helium is all there would be. No "oneness in multiplicity" could even manifest! There would be no multiplicity; no generative power. The fierce power of the Black Goddess is not to be pacified and entranced, but to be embraced, with all the strength and courage we can muster.

In this likeness, we may see that the Mother also gives up Her Light and Fire for our Life, just as the Risen Christ. "She is in He and He is in She." Her Holy Child is our True Nature; Messianic Consciousness.
This also shows Her as Mother Impermanence; the dynamic, primordial ground where All arises in All forms, and, where All returns to in the End. The Beginning is as the End. Impermanence.

May the Black Mother be seen as "white brilliance" bringing Life and Light to All! amen.

Peace to you.
Leslie.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The Ain Nature

#11 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:32 pm

Greetings everyone!

There is a deeper mystery within the Black Madonna – she is rest or repose in motion, the being in the becoming.

We may speak of the need for cessation, and the Black Madonna may represent this cessation; yet, in her there is nothing to bring into cessation or to reject – for she is the Ain Nature of the Entirety, the Ain Nature of all that appears. Recognizing this empty nature of all that arises and appears, there is neither attachment nor aversion, and there is no difference between the beauty and the horror, all is self-liberating as it arises, all in this Presence of Awareness, the Mother’s Holy Child.

What is a peaceful deity, what is a wrathful deity? They are nice concepts in the mind – quite nice as concepts; but they represent the display of Reality as It Is, the beauty and the horror, the beauty and the danger, and in actual experience the word “nice” does not apply! If we wish to speak of the Black Goddess, she is the embrace of Reality as It Is – all of it, the beauty and the horror alike.

Some might inquire: Where was God on 9/11, or on some other tragic day in the midst of death and destruction, the horror? Yet we must say, “God was there, God the Mother was dancing in the midst of what was happening, just as in the midst of great beauty!”

The Divine is not the concept of the Divine we hold in our mind – the Divine is not what we think the Divine is; the Divine is not what we like, as opposed to what we do not like – the Divine is That Which Is transpiring behind that which appears, the ground underlying all appearances, all that transpires, whether an appearance we like or an appearance we dislike, just the same. This is the lesson the Kali Imma teaches us, and it is sweet, for liberated from attachment and aversion we are free – there is Divine Rapture, Pure Bliss in the whole of life, in Reality as It Is.

What is the mystery of the crucifixion if not this? Look and see! Look at the image of the Christ-bearer on the cross, and see the horror of it, feel the sorrow; then look at the empty tomb and see the beauty, feel the joy – the image of the cross and the empty tomb, they are images of the Black Madonna and Child. Are we willing to the horror and to the beauty alike? Can there be one without the other here?

Indeed, do not despise the Lamb, for by it you see the Door…

Of course, the embrace of Reality as It Is isn’t easy – even the Christ-bearer in the midst of the suffering, in the midst of the horror inquired of God, saying, “Father, why have you forsaken me.” The question is only natural, for in the midst of sorrow and suffering, the horror, it is difficult to look and see the Divine – it is a terrible thing to gaze into the wrathful countenance of the Divine, the destructive aspect of Reality as It Is. Yet, this is the Divine Play, the Divine Dance of Creation and Destruction inseparable from one another, the constant continuum of change, the Continuum of Coming Into Being (Becoming).

All of this is Ain, all of this is Belimah – “without what,” it is all empty of any substantial or independent self-existence. Our being is Ain, and our becoming is Ain; the being and the becoming are inseparable from one another – centered in the Being of the Becoming, letting go of attachment and aversion, there is rest or repose in the midst of the movement: this is the enlightenment and liberation reflected in the image of the Black Madonna and Child.

Yes, indeed, the Black Goddess and Her Child are the Ain Nature of the All – the Ain Nature of the Pleroma and the Entirety, the inseparability of the Pleroma and Entirety! How sweet is that! Praise Kali Imma!

Recognizing the Ain Nature of all may we realize the Divine Fullness – Enlightened Being; amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

sophia-suzette

#12 Postby sophia-suzette » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:45 pm

Greetings and Shalom!

I have been quiet for a while as the Lady of Transformation has been busy in my life. :]

“ Having said this, considering the traditional colors of the Black Madonna, meditate upon the image of the sun when viewed from beyond the earth and the atmosphere of the earth – contemplate the sun when view in space: there, in the midst of a great dark void of endless space, is a golden star, emerging as though out of nothing. This is the Black Madonna and Her Holy Child, your Holy Star”

What a beautiful inspiring image. For me it was a personal revelation when I heard that the corona of the sun is best studied during its eclipse. Could this also relate to our understanding of that which is beyond our comprehension?

I once had a dream in which I stood in front of a mirror. I was afraid to look because I felt I would see something horrible, something that would really scare me. I closed my eyes and turned my head away. Invisible hands took hold of my head, forcing me to turn and look into the mirror I saw the mask of the Medusa. Big bulging eyes gleaming.

That was for me a beginning of looking into the aspects of the Feminine that was deemed bad and scary. The more I looked there the more I found beauty instead of the unspeakable horror that I thought I would find.

“Anything will give up its secrets if you love it enough."

"The Black Madonna is she who dispels your illusions, she who dispels your falsehood, she who rends the veil of glory to reveal your True Essence, the Truth and Light of your Holy Star. "

How can I not be grateful when She comes to illuminate the darkness of my ignorance?

Grateful Thanks,
Sophia

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Her Sweetness

#13 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:59 pm

Greetings!

Yes, a solar eclipse, this is another perfect image of Kali Imma, Her Holy Child as the corona of the sun, Her Grace and Glory. Interestingly enough, you cannot view the solar eclipse directly, lest your eyes will be damaged, but you must view it indirectly – only in this way can the corona of the sun be viewed during an eclipse.

I’m reminded of the prophet Moses asking to see the face of Yahweh – he is told that no one can see the face of Yahweh and remain among the living, but he was able to look and see something of Yahweh after Yahweh “passed by,” indirectly and in retrospect; the face of Yahweh is as the event horizon of what is happening, the very instant of what is happening, just as it is happening, which is beyond space-time-consciousness, yet which flows out as space-time-consciousness: it is That Which Transpires within and behind that which appears.

Another image of Kali Imma is the Black Hole – we do not look and see a Black Hole, but rather we see the effects of a Black Hole upon space-time and the light of the stars approaching the event horizon; so potent is the gravity of the Black Hole that even light cannot escape from it – it is all devouring, just as the Black Goddess in some of Her most sever manifestations as the Hag, such as Iggaret.

There is a fascinating theory regarding super-massive Black Holes that proposes that if a Black Hole were to devour sufficient matter-energy that it would become the Big Bang of another universe in another dimension; thus, all devouring, the Black Hole might become all-begetting, the union of destruction and creation. Of course, if this is true as metaphysics suggests, it shall never be proved by our plodding physical science generated by mental consciousness, for no one can gaze into this mystery and nothing can remain in this space-time continuum that crosses over the event horizon of the Black Hole.

I may gaze upon an image of Kali Imma, but it is not Her, for Her image is Reality as It Is in the very instant it is transpiring – Her image is *no-image*, but through all appearance and disappearance, the continuum of space-time-consciousness running and returning, flowing out of Her, abiding in Her and flowing into Her, Her Glory and Grace, She is made manifest and made known; Her image is no-image, which is manifest as *all-images*, Her Holy Child emerging from Her in Her image, She the No-Thingness which is the All-In-All.

She is unthinkable, unspeakable, unknowable – at least in terms of space-time-consciousness and the mental, vital and physical being, save in reflection, in the experience of consciousness-force flowing out of pure being as the reality of our experience; She is Supernal, Supramental. Yet, mysteriously, this transcendence is immanent, the very essence and nature of all that was, is or shall be; this emptiness pervading all, arising as all, appearing as the All, though completely beyond the All (or the Entirety).

If She is known and understood, it is She in us, her Holy Child in us, that knows and understands Her – the Pure Radiant Awareness, which is the nature of the mind, consciousness or soul.

We may intuit Her, we may abide in the awareness of Her, we may experience Her – seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, feeling, knowing: Pure Being. Yet, in the mental consciousness, in space-time-consciousness, we shall never comprehend or fathom Her; only in the Supramental Consciousness, the Supernal Consciousness, the Messianic Consciousness is She known and understood – embodied Wisdom.

We may, indeed, study and contemplate the various faces or forms of Kali Imma, the Black Goddess, and in the midst of our study and contemplation we might, perhaps, acquire some glimpse, some taste, some intuitive insight of Her; but in truth, She is only known and understood through experience – it we wish to know Her we must invoke Her and embrace Her, and enter into the experience of Her.

The Divine Mother, the Holy Bride, She teaches and initiates through experience – Her lessons are experiential, and therefore developmental and evolutionary. In this way She raises and educates Her Holy Child, bringing Her Holy Child to maturation, to fruition in Her and as Her, the Human One of Light born of the Virgin of Light – the white brilliance that appears as pure blackness.

Of Her Holy Child we shall say: “He-She is a Black Sun in a White World.” And we shall say: “He-She is the Hidden Light made known in the Great Resurrection and Ascension – the Rainbow Body Attainment that comes to fruition in Clear Light Attainment.”

Is not this Holy Child Her laughter, Her delight – Her pure joy?

Now, if we know and understand Her, and we know She is no-image and all images, then we shall know that there is no-body, and therefore no sin and no death; if there is no-body there is nothing to be cut off or denied, there is no saint and no sinner, and no more bondage to the law – there is Pure Grace, Pure Being. If there is an appearance of somebody, then by Divine Grace they are transformed; yet, if there is no-body, then just as there is nothing to be cut off, there is nothing to be transformed – all that arises naturally and spontaneously self-liberates, this is the Way of Perfection, all in Kali Imma, the Black Mother. Is this not the Good News, the Holy Gospel, of the Black Madonna and Child – Pure Emanation?

If we know and understand Her, and if She has given birth to Her Holy Child in us, He-She who is without sin, shall we put ourselves in bondage to the law again and return once again to the slavery imposed by the god of religion (the demiurge), or shall we live in our freedom according to Divine Grace, the Gnosis of the Risen Christ? If there is a “law” for the spiritual elect, for those who know and remember their Divine Mother, the Virgin of Light, it is the love of the Mother and Child, and the perfect joy of love, which is Union.

Whether holy saint or miserable sinner, She brings all into Union; the Spiritual Sun, Her Holy Child, shines upon and within one and all alike – the only question is, in the union of the individual and universal, and in Union with the Divine, will the mind or soul-stream abide in the Presence of Awareness so as to be Awake, in Conscious Union? All of creation labors to give birth to this Holy Child, the One who is Anointed with Supernal Light, the One who is Enlightened – the realization of bornless being, Christ Melchizedek.

Many speak of the love of Christ, the Sacred Heart – unconditional love. Such love implies the awareness of Sacred Unity, a Conscious Union; after all, to love is to know and understand, it is not unconscious, it is not ignorant, but is the fullness of Divine Gnosis, the illumination of Enlightened Being, the Christ, the Buddha. This is the sweetness of Kali Imma – dispelling the Ignorance, she gives birth to the Sacred Heart in us, the remembrance of the Divine I Am, Union. Praise Imma Ha-Melchizedek!

May we be blessed with the fullness of knowledge and understanding – may the Mother’s Force accomplish the Great Work with, in and through us, and come to manifest as us; amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Kat

#14 Postby Kat » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:08 pm

Shalom Malachi,

When I look at wrathful images it seems that in behind the Godesses or Gods are laughing. As though we take ourselves seriously, because we beleive we have control. It is pure delight when we surrender to unpridectabilty and irrationality. As you were saying to let Passion lead us where we donnot wish to go. It is the nature of fire is to transform what is solid, it seems that our rational minds are solid (concepts) which are liberated through the firey intellegence which is the intellegence of the heart. The intellegence of the heart seems to be this Sacred heart that you mentioned.

Consuming fire making all like unto Itself then is quite delightful contemplation along these lines, because anytime we feel ourselves resisting life or change we have become solid.

Shalom,
Kat

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Laughter & Tears

#15 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:58 am

Salutations Kat!

In several Gnostic scriptures Jesus is portrayed as laughing, such as the Second Treatise of the Great Seth and the Gospel of Judas. The image of the laughing Jesus is the Holy Child of the Black Madonna, the End-of-days come for the dominion of the demiurge; his laughter reflects his awareness of impermanence and his transcendence – his awareness that, in truth, the dominion of the demiurge is unreal and therefore there is nothing to take so seriously. At times the disciples become angry when Jesus laughs, for the god of their religion is the demiurge and they are identified with the unreal, so they believe that Jesus is laughing at them; liberated from self-grasping at name and form, and liberated from attachment and aversion, he is not laughing at anyone or anything really, but rather his laughter is the expression of pure joy – the freedom of Christ.

The Black Madonna is the End-Of-Days and the Lamb of God is Her Holy Child, the revelation of the Pleroma of Light. All shall come to its natural conclusion in Her, just as all are set free in Her Child, the Risen Christ. We have reason to shout and to laugh, and to rejoice in Her Presence and Power, the Shekinah of the Most High (Shekinah Ha-Elyon), and to celebrate our life, light, love and liberty, knowing our ultimate union with Her. There is really nothing to take so seriously, but rather, abiding as the Child in Her lap, we are free to the Divine Play.

When we gaze into the wrathful countenance of the Holy Shekinah, very truly there is something comical, as though wrathful emanations are engaged in a comedy routine seeking to get us to laugh along with them, to see how silly all that we take so seriously is. The wrathful emanations seek our own good, our own well-being, for when we do not take ourselves and life so seriously our consciousness is radically transformed and our life is transformed – we are truly alive and living life to the fullest extent.

Here, perhaps, we may say something else of laughter and of tears, and of prayer; praying to the Holy Mother and worshipping God in the Mother, we need no words to pray, but the most powerful prayers are pure emotion, pure feeling, such as laughter or tears of joy. Whatever our emotions or feelings might be we may worship Her with them and in them. In a similar way, through play and creativity, as through music, song and dance, we may worship Her, or through any activity of life; in devotion to Her all becomes worship, for all comes from Her, abides in Her and returns to Her – there is nothing that is not of Her. In this Holy Awareness the whole of life is celebration and living life we abide in Gnostic Worship, cleaving to the Shekinah of the Most High.

In celebration of Her may we live, all in the Risen Christ; amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Renee

#16 Postby Renee » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:44 pm

na
Last edited by Renee on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Many Faces of the One Sophia

#17 Postby Elder Gideon » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:20 pm

Shalom Renee!

Good news! The Sophian tradition is so vast that there is room for just about every temperment. The Divine Personifications (Partzufim) are so multi-dimensionally peaceful, wrathful or blissful, that virtually any orientation will find a means of entrance into the divine life described by the Gnostic Gospel.

There is no 'should' with regards to resonance within our tradition, so don't 'should' on yourself. :lol:

The faces of the partzufim are many for precisely the reason you're writing! Even within a traditional Sophian circle, there will be myriad views of the Mother and the Bride; one woman in a circle moves fluidly between Mother AND Bride practices while another, like you, is oriented to just the Bride.

Every one of our central practices is view, a window, into the same mystery. What's there to reconcile? Enjoy!

:wink:

Brother Michael+

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Life Intention, Enthroned Upon the Gilgulim

#18 Postby Elder Gideon » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:30 pm

Shalom All!

A recent experience translated a concept into a secret teaching, the secrecy guarded by its obviousness.

Too plain and ordinary to be true is the Gnosis of the Black Madonna. She is Black because She is Mother of the End of Days, Mother of All Souls’ Transmigrations. Her body is the ground of every karmic path ever made and NOT made in this and every incarnation, all concurrently unfolding as the Gilgulim. Any stability in the endless turning of the Gilgulim is the Pattern Connecting all transmigrations. Who is this Pattern? The Holy Child, indwelling us as our Life Intention, our True Desire, enthroned upon the lap of Mother Gilgulim.

In Kabbalah, Mother—Imma—is the memory of all that has ever transpired. In this aspect, though entirely transcendent as the beginningless ground from which all Her children arise, abide and dissolve, She is also eminent as the experience of all her children. Through our eyes, Imma sees. Through our ears, Imma hears. Through our hands and hearts, Imma touches. Whatever we learn with our eyes, our ears, our hands and our hearts is actually remembered. I am Imma becoming conscious of Imma.

The angle here which continues to stun me, regards the vastness of consciousness within the womb of Imma. I once thought that my path of choices was linear and singular, unfolding only by decisions I have made, like this specific rocking chair and laptop and house all enjoyed in my experience, because these I chose to buy. The decisions I HAVE made for where I live, what I do for career or enjoyment, who I connect with socially and intimately, are certainly my most direct experience of the path beneath my feet, until recently.

In Melchizedek teachings, the most essential nature of mind is called Ain—nothingness—from which all arises in consciousness, in which all abides however long, and to which all returns, without a trace upon Ain. The arising of thoughts, ideas, feelings and such, seems to be endless and exhaustless, day and night, a second quality called Ain Soph—Without End. Awareness of what is ceaselessly arising does not require any reference point like “I”, “me” or “my” whatsoever; the awareness simply is, within the arising, a third quality of the essential nature of mind called Ain Soph Or—Light Without End.

When I—or rather, Awareness—watches thoughts and feelings endlessly arising day and night, the majority seem to concern the past or the future. Ever notice this also? The future seems predicated and projected from the past. How is memory separate from the past? How is the past separate from karma—cause and effect? Memories and fantasies are all phenomena of consciousness. Neuropathways which habitually travel my brain arise as memories and fantasies, which I’m calling thought-bubbles, coming ‘at’ me as I move ‘into’ them up time’s stream. The ground from which thought-bubbles arise, in which they float and the ground back into which they pop is Ain. What is most fascinating now, is watching what is inside each bubble—an entire path I did not choose. In our thoughts are entire realms. Sophian tradition asserts that after death, thoughts continue to arise and become portals through which we will reincarnate. Even this life arose from a thought! :shock:

How is this? Watch the thought as you step-by-step enter in. Where does it go? Is there ever any direct relationship between where the thought began and where it ‘ended’? How often the tangents veer! Much like an internet search, which easily takes us off into sometimes funny (or not so funny) tangents, so also is there a realm within each thought-bubble arising in the nothingness of our mind. Feel then, what is being shared: thought-bubbles are portals, which we literally enter throughout waking and dreaming life.

The path I am walking right now, began by entering a thought. The choice of path I have made was first a thought. I choices of path I have NOT made were also thoughts. The point here in sharing this contemplation is this: all pathways I have and have not chosen all concurrently run and are unfolding in my consciousness. I know this because they are most often conditioned by my past experience and present themselves for my future in the form of thoughts, which are portals into choices I consciously or unconsciously make, as well as those I have not made. Feel it! I am somehow, on some unconscious level, experiencing even the choices I have NOT made. If this were not so, I would not witness the constant opportunities to re-enter their choices in the form of thought-portals.

This then concludes with an ever deeper awe of the mystery of the Holy Child upon the lap of the Black Madonna. She is the memory of all that has ever been chosen. All that has ever been chosen are pathways, much like the gilgulim—the cycles of transmigration between death and rebirth. It appears then, that we’re moving through gilgulim even in life, as well as afterlife. If the infinite realms within my own thought-bubbles are immense, how much more immense are the infinite realms of all sentient life throughout this cosmic cycle? The Holy Child is The Word. Translated from the Greek Logos, Word also means Ratio, Proportion, Intelligence, as well as Connecting-Pattern. This said, the Holy Child, seated upon the lap of the Mother, is the Pattern that Connects all incarnations, enthroned upon the Gilgulim. How I access the Pattern-That-Connects-All-Thoughts towards liberation is by the Presence of Awareness, discerning the nearness or the farness of a thought or choice by way of my inmost desires and life intention. Life Intention is the Pattern-That-Connects-All-Incarnations.

We can then re-read from St. John's Prologue:

In the beginning was the Pattern-That-Connects-All-Incarnations.
The Pattern-That-Connects-All-Incarnations was with God, and
the Pattern-That-Connects-All-Incarnations was God.
The Pattern-That-Connects-All-Incarnations was with God in the Beginning.

May we arise, conscious of our Life Intention, the Indwelling Christ, lighting the way of our liberation.

Blessings and Shalom.

Brother Michael+

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Bride & Mother

#19 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:50 pm

Greetings Renee!

What Brother Michael has shared concerning your question is good and true – if you find yourself in resonance with the Holy Bride and not with the Holy Mother, it is perfectly fine; let your passion for the Holy Bride wax strong and hot, and let her carry you into the rapture of Union – all as your heart and soul desires. There is nothing that says that you must relate with the Divine Mother; besides, the Mother is in the Daughter and the Daughter is in the Mother, and they are inseparable – it is all about the way each of us as individuals find our connection with the Divine and Sacred Feminine.

Having said that, as I read you post something within it struck me, resonating with my own experience with the Divine and Sacred Feminine in my journey, for at the outset of the journey, as a little boy, I could find no connection with the Holy Mother, whether dark or bright, but rather my connection was with the Holy Bride alone – it was she who would visit me in dreams and visions, and she to whom my mind would turn and for whom my heart would leap; through her I came to the Divine and Sacred Feminine. In my own case this reflected a tikkune-healing process with the feminine, as my experience with the feminine in my family was rather wild and crazy – I simply could not relate to the Holy Mother, and most especially could not relate to the Bright Mother. No doubt this had something to do with my decision early in life that I did not wish to have children, although the spiritual view I practice also contributed to this choice.

Over time, however, in my dance with the Holy Bride, the Shekinah of Messiah, I came into acquaintance with her various faces, bright and dark, and as much as the Maiden, I found in her the Mother and the Old Wise Woman; in my dance with her eventually I found myself very devoted to the Divine Mother as much as to the Holy Bride. At the outset I did not relate with the Bright Mother at all – not one little bit, but rather it was the Black Mother who took me up into her passion and rapture, and who I seemed to naturally know and understand in my deepest part. Coming to know her most intimately, I found in her the Bright Mother, and eventually entered into her embrace as well, though it is the Holy Bride and Black Mother in which I find the greatest resonance and passion to this day, and I suspect this will be true throughout my life, as these correspond to my True Desire, my True Will – this emanation I am in this life

I have seen others experience something completely reverse of this – they related only to the Bright Mother, and could not relate to the Dark Mother or the Holy Bride, then over time, according to their own process of tikkune-healing and self-realization, they later came into the embrace of the fullness of the Divine and Sacred Feminine, all in due season.

I know of some who have had a single resonance and remained with it their entire journey, but more often than not I have watched something of a process unfold as sisters and brothers embraced the Divine and Sacred Feminine, and it has directly reflected the tikkune-healing of their soul and the actualization of the greater presence and power of their soul. Often there is something more going on within and behind our dance with the Holy Shekinah, whether as the Holy Mother or Holy Bride, than first appears.

The qualities of the Divine and Sacred Feminine can play out in many and diverse ways – for example, using the issue you have brought up of not desiring to have children, as a man, of course, I’ll never have the experience of the mother giving birth to a child in this incarnation. Yet, as a lineage-holder within the Sophian Gnostic tradition, although a man, I am a spiritual midwife to my companions in circle, and as much as perhaps I am like a “spiritual father,” I am also like a “spiritual mother.” Likewise, in the creative process of giving spiritual teachings and initiation, and as a writer and creator of sacred environments, within the creative process is an experience of the mother who conceives, gestates and gives birth from within herself – so on various levels within my experience, although I am a man, nevertheless the wisdom of the Divine Mother is present and accessible to me.

The Divine Mother to me, very distinctly, is my desire to embody the Sacred Heart – love and compassion; the Mother is the image of tolerance, patient endurance, understanding, loving sacrifice and active compassion. In this sense, as a spiritual practitioner I wish to be as the Mother and view all beings as the Divine Mother views them, wishing for their happiness and fulfillment, and doing whatever I can to help facilitate it.

In these examples, perhaps, we can see how the qualities of the Divine and Sacred Feminine, the Mother and Bride, may play out in the experience of us all, women and men alike. Of course, in my devotion to the Divine and Sacred Feminine I also see and experience the role of the Divine and Sacred Masculine, and I am a male lineage-holder and honor the Divine Masculine and Divine Feminine as coequal – however much I may be a devotee of the Mother and Bride, I directly embody the Sacred Masculine in this life. The aim among Sophians is a dynamic balance of the masculine and feminine in us all, each and every one of us, and ultimately a transcendence of dualism in the realization of the Human One of Light, Enlightened Being.

In my own experience the reconciliation of the Holy Bride and Holy Mother came in a natural and spontaneous way over time – it was nothing forced or conjured or contrived, it happened in my willingness to dance with the Holy Bride and through my growing desire to know the fullness of the Holy Bride most intimately; in that sacred dance, one step lead to another, and before long I was dancing with the Mother as much as the Bride, as I recognized and realized that they are inseparable from one another – one Holy Sophia.

I cannot say that another person’s experience in their dance with the Holy Shekinah will be the same as mine at all – I would not dare to pontificate on the experience of another person in that way. I can only say that I have seen many people experience something similar to me in their relationship with the Divine and Sacred Feminine, and naturally I always point to this possibility. I suppose what I would say is that if you ever get a call to seek out the wisdom of the Mother, don’t withhold yourself from it because of a precondition, preconception or expectation about yourself; likewise, if you never experience a call to do so, don’t assume there is anything wrong with that or force yourself towards the mother because you feel you “should.” Let the dance with the Holy Shekinah, our beloved Sophia, unfold in a natural and spontaneous way, and let her lead you in the dance wherever she wishes – this is true devotion to Her.

These are some thoughts the Holy Shekinah inclined me to share with you – perhaps they might be helpful.

Embracing the Divine and Sacred Feminine in whatever way She calls us, may we be blessed to be drawn into the rapture of Union; amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Renee

#20 Postby Renee » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:12 pm

na
Last edited by Renee on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Dream

#21 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:50 am

Greetings Renee!

The shift in dream is very interesting Renee, as though the Divine Mother is calling. Dreams are powerful and they are sacred, and according to the Kabbalah it is good to be conscious of whom we share our dreams with - thus, if you would like to share your dream perhaps send it by private message rather than as a public post.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Divine Mind

#22 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:12 pm

Greetings Brother Michael+!

What a beautiful and insightful post, my dear brother – quite delightful to read and contemplate.

There is something to be said of the Partzufim, whether greater or lesser Partzufim – they are as thoughts in the Divine Mind, their bodies and palaces becoming whole light realms in the Divine Mind, and yet more they are personifications of Divine Principles or Qualities; aspects of the Divine or Enlightened Mind. Thus, though in mental consciousness we may make distinctions between this Partzuf and that Partzuf, in truth they are as facets of the “Diamond Being,” Divine or Enlightened Being, and all abide in Sacred Unity as the expression of the Holy One of Being; although representing distinct and individual expressions of Divine Being, in essence and nature they are all the same, and the same is true of us as unique and individual emanations of the Holy One.

According to the Kabbalah there are many Partzufim – potentially countless Partzufim, yet among the Great Partzufim there are five fundamental Partzufim, corresponding to the five letters of the divine name Elohim. This name is attributed to the Divine Mother, therefore it may be rightly said that she is the ground from which all Partzufim arise, the spaciousness in which all Partzufim appear – the aspect of the Divine Mind through which all is conceived, generated and made manifest, the Father representing the Generative Force that is actualized and realized through the Holy Mother. Thus, the Partzufim may be said to be her Holy Child – all appear with, in and through her, this Clear Light Nature of Mind.

There is a great and supreme mystery, for if the Entirety is the arising of a “dream,” who is dreaming? If you say that Ain Sof is dreaming, that cannot be, for the Holy One is the One-Who-Never-Sleeps and therefore does not dream; in God and Godhead the appearance of the Pleroma and Entirety is completely conscious, all according to Conscious Intention of the One-Without-End. Yet, in the Realm of Becoming (time-eternity) there is an arising from primordial unconscious unity, this outpouring of the Realm of Being (timeless-eternity), which on account of the Ignorance (Demiurge) is as though sleep and dream – who is this who is asleep and dreaming? Adam Kadmon, the Primordial Human Being, is asleep and dreaming, and is awakening in the dream, and is awakening from the dream; yet, mysteriously, simultaneously, in the Realm of Being, the eternal realm, Adam Kadmon has never slept and never dreamt, but is the Awakened One – Primordial Enlightened Being (Primordial Christ). This is a mystery, indeed!

The Universe of the Sefirot (Divine Names) and Partzufim, the Pleroma of Light, are the spontaneous arising of the Nature of Mind in Adam Kadmon according to the innate primordial purity of the Divine Mind, the Virgin Mother; this is the Pure Emanation arising in Pure Radiant Awareness, self-generating, self-begetting, self-liberating – Bornless Being. The Universes of Beriyah, Yetzirah and Asiyah, and all of the countless sentient beings and world-systems occurring in them, the Entirety, are the spontaneous arising of the Nature of Mind in Adam Kadmon asleep and dream in the Ignorance, under the Dominion of the Demiurge, the fundamental elements of conscious arising as impure emanations, the Whore. Of course, whether Pleroma of Light or Entirety, it is all the radiant display of the Nature of Mind in Adam Kadmon – the Nature of Mind which is called “Mother Sophia,” and in this we may understand what is meant when Sophia is called both “Virgin” and “Whore.”

This arising of the Nature of Mind in Adam Kadmon occurs from the ground of Clear Light – Mother Sophia, the spaciousness in which Sound-Vibration (Logos) occurs, giving rise to five Essential Lights and Rays, which form Light Patterns and Light Images – the Matrix of Light, which is the Supernal Foundation of All (Daughter Sophia). When the Ignorance enters into play, dualism in consciousness, then Light and Darkness appears, and the Realm of Becoming is set in motion, all in the Divine Mind of Adam Kadmon, which in essence and nature is inseparable from Ain Sof, God and Godhead. As the Divine Mind of Adam Kadmon in essence and nature is inseparable from Ain Sof and is Ain Sof, this Self-generation of the Human One is infinite, whether of the Pleroma or the Entirety – and therefore the generation of the gilgulim in bondage to the Ignorance is potentially without end.

Mother Sophia is the primordial ground from which all arises; Logos is the force of self-generation within and behind all that arises; and the radiant display of all that appears is Daughter Sophia – all in the Divine Mind of Adam Kadmon, the Holy Mother, Son and Daughter inseparable from one another, the Nature of Mind.

According to the Kabbalah the root essence of our mind, consciousness or soul is drawn from Adam Kadmon – the divine spark in us, yechidah, comes from the “Body of Adam Kadmon,” which is to say that in our inmost part we are an emanation of Adam Kadmon, the Primordial Human Being, having the same essence and nature as Adam Kadmon, and as emanations of Adam Kadmon, as emanations of the Human One of Light, each and every one of us is the Human One of Light. Thus, all that is said of the Nature of Mind in Adam Kadmon and the radiant display of the Mind of Adam Kadmon, is the Nature of Mind in us and the radiant display of the Divine Mind in us, just the same – the Mother, Son and Daughter are in us, and to the extent that we recognize and realize this they manifest as us and we embody Primordial Enlightened Being, the “Messiah of God.”

All the while this Enlightened Nature, this “Spirit of Messiah,” is our True Being.

Now this self-generation is transpiring all of the time in various dimensions of consciousness – waking consciousness, sleep and dream, death and the afterlife, and the arising of new incarnations, all of this is the arising of the same self-generation, all the radiant display of mind, all dream-like, all in consciousness, all in mind: All is Mind, all Mind is One.

In terms of the Black Madonna and Her Holy Child – whether an appearance of beauty or horror, heaven or hell, light or darkness, life or death, it is all the same, all in the Divine Mind. Who is Her Holy Child? One who abides in non-dual realization beyond all dualism, who we call Christ Melchizedek.

May we be empowered to embody this transcendence; amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Brooke

Re: Life Intention, Enthroned Upon the Gilgulim

#23 Postby Brooke » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:14 am

brothersmiley wrote: Too plain and ordinary to be true is the Gnosis of the Black Madonna. She is Black because She is Mother of the End of Days, Mother of All Souls’ Transmigrations. Her body is the ground of every karmic path ever made and NOT made in this and every incarnation, all concurrently unfolding as the Gilgulim. Any stability in the endless turning of the Gilgulim is the Pattern Connecting all transmigrations. Who is this Pattern? The Holy Child, indwelling us as our Life Intention, our True Desire, enthroned upon the lap of Mother Gilgulim.

In Kabbalah, Mother—Imma—is the memory of all that has ever transpired. In this aspect, though entirely transcendent as the beginningless ground from which all Her children arise, abide and dissolve, She is also eminent as the experience of all her children. Through our eyes, Imma sees. Through our ears, Imma hears. Through our hands and hearts, Imma touches. Whatever we learn with our eyes, our ears, our hands and our hearts is actually remembered. I am Imma becoming conscious of Imma....

Greetings, Brother Michael+!

I felt like I had been whacked on the head when I read this, dear brother! I didn't see it before today but I now think any blindspots I had regarding the Dark Mother of the radiant darkness are due to me viewing -- despite my best intentions to the contrary -- her as separate from creation. While she transcends it as Mother Sophia she is yet a part of it as both Mother and Daughter. As you say so eloquently, "I am Imma becoming conscious of Imma."

Thanks for this beautiful *and* profound contemplation! This also gives me another point of reference (walking delightfully hand in hand with the idea of "Sacred As It Is") when viewing the film "Baraka."

Brooke

Return to “Mysteries of the Divine Feminine”