Wells and Tombs

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Wells and Tombs

#1 Postby Elder Gideon » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:28 am

Greetings and Shalom!

It occurs to me recently contemplating the Gospel of St. John that the two pivotal moments of apostleship--meaning here the Light Transmission of the Messiah--occur in women. The first is the Samaritan woman from chapter 4:

39Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman's testimony, "He told me everything I ever did." 40So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. 41And because of his words many more became believers.42They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."

The second, of course, is chapter 20, concerning our Beloved Lady Mary:

Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance. So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved, and said, [...] "I have seen the Lord!" And she told them that he had said these things to her.

Both are turning points in Yeshua's ministry. The first bears witness of the Christ earthly and the the second bears witness to the Christ heavenly. Likewise, these women apostles receive and then transmit from potent symbols of the Divine Feminine: a well and an empty cave-tomb. To the well is Kabbalistically ascribed Malkuth and to the cave-tomb is ascribed Binah. Lower He and Upper He are then joined by the Christ who is recognized in full first by women, who are first to transmit the recognition to others.

Praise be Shekinah, revealing what is concealed beneath her wings!

Brother Michael+

Return to “Mysteries of the Divine Feminine”