1:9

Ten Sephirot of Nothingness:
One is the Breath of the Living God
Blessed and benedicted is the name
Of the Life of the Worlds
The voice of breath and speech
And this is the Holy Breath.

Shalom Tau Malachi!

Aryeh Kaplan’s insights of verse 9 of the first chapter are recounted here, continuing a contemplation from a topic called “Voice and Speech” (Zohar), exploring how the voice of Creation is sustained by the speech of Tzaddikim. To ground how voice and speech have power in our experience, a question of the interplay of Shefa, Ruhaniyut and Mochen inspires this post.

Voice and Speech is mediated by the “Breath of the Living God”. Throughout scripture, this mediating principle of breath-ruach means air, spirit or wind, “indicates motion and communication” and “is the power that causes [a created form] to move (Kaplan 69).” How this Living God (Elohim Chayim) blesses is through the Life Power funneled through Yesod into Malkuth; how the Living God IS blessed is by prayers of the Assembly of Israel: “[God’s] essence is brought down, so as to interact with His creation and ‘bless’ it (70).” The Voice of Life-Creation is sustained by the Speech of Tzaddikim; otherwise, as Rabbi Shim’on states in Zohar, “[Malkuth] is in exile, voice separates from Her, no word is heard, and so: ‘I was dumb with silence’. Why? Because ‘I was stilled, bereft of goodness’—for voice no longer accompanies Her (Matt 228).”

Clearly, then, we’re hearing how creation is the weave of the “Voice of Breath and Speech.” Kaplan offers two striking examples—sephirotic and scriptural—of why these principles are intentionally ordered in this verse of Sefer Yetzirah. “Voice-kol is pure, inarticulate sound, and as such, it is related to Chakhmah. Speech, on the other hand, is articulate sound and related to Binah. These two opposites are then connected by ‘Breath-Ruach’ (70).” In scripture, inarticulate Voice is “In the beginning God made the heavens and the earth”; Breath is “the breath of God hovered on the surface of the water”; and Speech is “Let there light”.

What is meant by Voice, Breath and Speech then, is obviously more than what we might think of as a daily activity; somewhere within-behind these principles are Shefa, Ruhaniyut and Mochen, but which?

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Breath-Union

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:14 pm

Greetings Brother Michael!

If, as per my post on this topic in the Zohar section, Voice is understood as internally appearing phenomena and Speech as externally appearing phenomena, then breath would seem to be that which unites the two, and there would seems to be an internal and external manifestation of this breath, this power of the Holy Spirit. (At least this is one way of looking at it.)

I'm reminded of what is said of the relationship between Lord Yeshua and Lady Mary in Gnostic Scriptures, that he loved her more than the other disciples, and kissed her more often on the mouth - this would seem to have some correspondence with breath and the transmission of the Holy Spirit, the active power of the Word.

Here we are talking about the play of the Light-power or Life-power within and behind all things in creation - the emanation, creation, formation and making of the Great Matrix, all of which is in the Body of the Primordial Human Being. This is the Word in the context of the prologue of the Gospel of St. John.

Perhaps we might point at something with regards to mochin, ruhaniyut and shefa. Ruhaniyut and shefa are the active expression/manifestation of mochin (light-mind or intelligence), and ruhaniyut is in the shefa, which conveys it.

My beloved Tzaddik once drew a parallel between Being-Consciousness-Force and Mochin, Shefa and Ruhaniyut, respectively.

I don't know if this will help extend the contemplation and inspire more discussion, but this is what comes for me to share at the moment - a few thoughts in passing.

Blessings & shalom! :)
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Marion

breath and kissing

#3 Postby Marion » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:37 pm

Dear Malachi and Michael :D

In the introduction of The Gospel of Phillip by Jean-Yives-Leloup (A delightful book) he says something very interesting; the literal meaning of the Hebrew word to Kiss is to share breath.

Malachi said earlier that breath is that which unites speech and voice. Which seems to paralell how Mind-Mochin functions? Because Mochin-mind is that which is within and behind rahoniyot and shefa. I wonder, could one liken it to the sea, where the waves and the surface of the sea would be rahoniyot and shefa and the calm waters underneath the surface would be mochin? This brings to mind the teaching in the tradition, that all is breath, and likewise, all is transpireing in consciousness, and all is transpireing in the mind-mochin. All of these teachings seems to paralell one another, this is certainly true in experiences of the light transmission.

Kissing or sharing breath then would seem to speak to the light transmission? because to share breath seems to be saying, "Well but this is all breath." everything is breath/mind.

blessings and shalom!
Marion

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Most Intimate

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:09 pm

Greetings Sister Marion!

Truly, there is nothing more intimate than the experience of the Light Transmission, for in the inmost essential Light Transmission the "two" become the One. Indeed, we become confused in our quest for love, and do not recognize our inmost heart's desire, which is the reception and imparting of the Light, the Beloved.

In terms of "All as Breath or Spirit," consider Aleph and the Tarot Key of the Fool, the root word Follis from Latin having the meaning of "a bag of air," hence 'a container of breath or spirit.'

In speaking about mochin, ruhaniyut and shefa we can say that there are currents on the surface and currents in the depths, yet the essence and nature of the being-consciousness-force remains ever the same (Ain).

What a joyful contemplation!

Blessings & shalom! :D
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Conceived in a Kiss

#5 Postby Elder Gideon » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:20 pm

Shalom!

The Gnostic and Light Transmission is indeed most intimate, most revealing--most exposing! I'm reminded how Marion's comment of "kissing" (archaically) understood as a breathing together is related to the inseparability of such a moment, even in the mundane sense of the experience kissing one deeply desired. Consider Yeshua in the Gospel of Thomas when he says,

"Whoever drinks from my mouth will become like me. I myself shall become that person, and the hidden things will be revealed to that one." (logion 108).

How the Ruach ha Kodesh (Holy Spirit) unites the Mother and the Father--how she IS union of below with above--is emphasized in another verse from the Gospel of Truth, which states,

"Each one loves the truth because truth is the mouth of the Father. His tongue is the Holy Spirit. Whoever touches truth touches the mouth of the Father by his tongue at the time when one will receive the Holy Spirit."

Both of these passages are overtly sensual, describing the intense intimacy of the Light Transmission when it swells forward into experience. It is a kiss indeed which leads to conception; no longer is there mere faith or intuition, but a clear and undeniable certainty that what is meant by the Light Presence is a transformative reality. What I once thought "born again" to mean, I now know to be something altogether newer yet, as though conceived and born into a different identity. Perhaps this is what is meant by St. Philip when in his (school's) Gospel, it says,

"We are nourished by the promise of heaven, from the mouth of the word. If the word emanated from the mouth, it is perfect. By a kiss the perfect conceive and give birth. That is why we kiss. From the grace in others we conceive."

How delightful! How simple! javascript:emoticon(':D')

Michael

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Rebirth in the Spirit

#6 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:50 am

Greetings Brother Michael!

The outer church says we must be "born again," following the teachings of Lord Yeshua in the gospels. In fact we must be Thrice Born, of water and fire and the Spirit. First we receive the Spiritual Light from above, which awakens and uplifts the Fire Snake, and when the Fire Snake is brought into repose or cessation in the Crown the influx of the Supernal Light occurs and we experience the dawn of Supernal or Messianic Consciousness. Each of these cycles of coming into being are a rebirth, for with each there is an experience of metanoia (spiritual conversion or transformation). It is an entrance into deeper intimacy with the Truth and Light as the Light-presence (Christ-presence) and Light-power (Holy Spirit) enters to take up our personality and life display.

Of this experience of rebirth we may say, the Mother speaks the Living Word in us, she is the Speech and the Father is the Voice, the Son being the Spoken Word, and our Soul of Light, as the Holy Bride, is the Mouth through which the Word is uttered below and above - that which receives the Kiss and is taken up in the mystical embrace of rapturous union. How sweet it is, how delightful!

I am the world and the world is me, you are the world and the world is you - if one is reborn, then so also is the world, if one is crucified and raised up, then so also is the world. We labor for the Great Transformation and Ascension - this fruition and harvest of souls, made perfect and complete in the Word of God.

If one lives according to the Word, the Divine Intelligence, then the Word, Alef and Tau, is embodied in oneself, and the Light which is above is brought down into the world and the Light below is drawn forth and released - this we witness in the Light Transmission, our experience of the Risen Messiah.

Sensual or sexual terms for this are appropriate, because of the experience of intimacy with the cosmos and God in the awakening, and the Spiritual Joy or Bliss that is inherent in Union.

In the experience of the inmost essential Light Transmission there is no tzaddik and no disciple, there is only the Light-presence and Light-continuum, the One Anointed with the Supernal Light of God. First there are Kisses, then there is an Embrace, and then Rapturous Union, one level of intimacy leading to another as Divine Passion (Grace) carries us in the Way. And it is love that testifies to the reception of the Kiss, the Embrace and Union, for it is the generation of love and compassion that brings us into such depths of intimacy - this unification being the fruition of love, the true measure of Self-realization in Christ.

This rebirth is, of course, a shedding of the old and unenlightened self, or rather a purification and transformation of the self, for what obstructs the Light and prevents the intimacy of Spiritual Love is the egoistic self, which has been called the Evil Inclination, the Adversary or Oppontent ("Satan") and the Poison of God ("Samael"). Thus, this rebirth is a transcendence of the egoistic self, and it is a transformation of the self into the image and likeness of the Human One; hence Christ-likeness (Christian).

Everything is accomplished by Divine Grace, yet we must cooperate with the Mother as she speaks the Living Word in us. On our part we have a choice to make - the choice of the Christos, Word and Wisdom, in place of the egoistic self.

We can say this, it is a choice between sorrow and suffering versus the delight of self-transformation, for by one way or another - suffering or self-transformation, the heart is going to be opened. You see, within the teachings on Voice and Speech, and the Word or Truth, is the knowledge, understanding and Wisdom of the universe as inherently liberative, founded upon Love or Mercy. At some point we will choose self-transformation in place of suffering, we will choose to be reborn of the Mother Spirit, the Spirit of Truth and Holiness.

May the Mother speak the Word in us, and may Wisdom in us receive the Word of God, amen.

Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Marion

Tounge of the holy spirit

#7 Postby Marion » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:54 am

Shalom!
Regarding the verse that Michael brought up from the Gospel of Truth,
"Each one loves the truth because truth is the mouth of the Father. His tongue is the Holy Spirit. Whoever touches truth touches the mouth of the Father by his tongue at the time when one will receive the Holy Spirit."
In this saying I am reminded of the moment in the Gospel of John I think; when the deciples are sitting in the upper room and the risen savior comes to them and breathes on them, and then it says, tougnes of fire descend upon them and they begin speaking in tougnes, and the crowd that is gathered around them is astonished because while they all speak different languages, they all hear the deciples in their own speech.
It seems like this is the moment when one can see that the deciples most strongly are empowered to impart. Which seems to be the power of the holy spirit and the light transmission. The more one may receive the holy spirit, the more one imparts the truth and light. This doesn't seems to be anything that is contrived in any way, or forced, it doesn't even seems like one really tries to do anything. It seems as if people can intuitavely sense the light, and it blesses them. This seems to be what Malachi was speaking about in the last post.

"each one Loves the truth" I'm wondering if this is saying that this is the inmost desire of all beings here, weather they know it or not. I also recall the teaching that what Yeshua embodied is the divine destiny of all beings. That this truth and light is not at all separate from us, because it is us.

Blessings,
Marion

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The Present Truth

#8 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:24 pm

Greetings Sister Marion!

I am reminded of a paper from the International Order of Chivalric Companions which Bishop Storlie sent to me and that I was just contemplating the other day. Essentially it points out how seeking Self-realization can serve to prevent recognition and realization of the present Truth and Light that is in us, and it points out that in our Real Being we are, in fact, the Truth and Light we seek, right here and now. Of course, there is an underlying principle we must look and see, for it is not seeking itself that obstructs us, but rather the projection of what we are seeking as external to us or as something in the future, as well as vital demand or attachment to finding. After all, Master Yeshua says, "Seek and you will find..." The question becomes: What is 'right seeking'?

You see, generally speaking, we seek based upon the Desire to Receive for Oneself Alone, which is to say from the delusion of lack. Such "seeking" is doomed to failure, for it arises from the poison of self-doubt or a lack of faith, and feelings of low self-esteem or feelings of not being good enough; hence it is poisoned by self-negativity. It is based completely on dualism in consciousness, which is the very cause of all of our sorrow and suffering, and therefore it perpetuates our experience of sorrow and suffering. This sort of "seeking" is, in truth, not seeking at all and it has nothing to do with the Sacred Quest - a point Bishop Storlie makes very well.

Consider the words of Lord Yeshua, "Seek and you will find..." There is the certainty of faith in his words, for there is no doubt one will find. Why? Because in our inmost being, our Real Being, we are the Messiah, the Christ; hence in our inmost being we are the Truth and Light we seek. As Lord Yeshua says in the Sermon on the Mount, "You are the Light of the world."

There is another way of seeking, a spiritual one. It joins spiritual self-worth with spiritual humility, and it takes the Attainment as the Path. Essentially, if the Truth and Light is in me, and with my mind, heart and life I give expression to it, then in so doing I embody it and realize it, for my thoughts and words and deeds become the extension of the Light - and so the Light shines from within me. In this way I am able to experience and recognize the Light as the very essence and nature of my inmost being, for it has been brought into my personality and life display.

What is the nature of this practice? We dissolve our self-identity with limited name and form, with finite reason and the mortal person, and in place of it we generate a new and enlightened self-identity with fully evolved and realized being (Christ), and thus we live as a son or daughter of God, enacting the Divine Incarnation. This is what it means to be Christian, or Christ-like, and it is the inner meaning of the baptism; the old and unenlightened self is shed and a new self is put on in Christ.

What is the nature of spiritual humility coupled with this spiritual self-worth? Oneself is no longer the doer, but the Light-presence (Christ-presence) and Light-power (Mother Spirit) is the doer; "Not I but Christ in me." Likewise, it is an awareness of a journey into the One-Without-End, a spiritual evolution to which there is no end, and therfore no attainment to be grasped at - every new development leads to another horizon, with no end in sight! It is also an awareness that a spiritual mystery is not like a mystery in a cheap detective novel, as though something to be solved - rather Spiritual Mystery is Spiritual Power, and it is something to delight in and celebrate, something to cultivate in our lives, and something faith alone understands. We are humbled before the Mystery, before God, and yet we are quantum manifestations of God's Presence and Power, inseparable from God and Godhead. How amazing, how wonderful! :lol:

This leads to a very different way of seeking, a true spiritual quest, one founded upon the Truth and Light; hence founded upon the Gospel of Truth. You see, as the Buddhists say, "The Attainment is No-Attainment, therefore there is Attainment." In other words, the Attainment is the present Truth of our inmost being - we are not receiving anything we do not already have within us. This is why Attainment is possible for us, because it is the Truth of our Being, right here, right now. At any moment we can recognize and realize this - it is as simple as living it, just as Lord Yeshua taught us to.

The Light Transmission in the Upper Room, when the Risen Christ imparts the Power of the Holy Spirit, and the advent of Pentecost, which also occurs in the Upper Room, though intimately connected, are two distinct events in the Continuum of the Light Transmission. What is interesting to note is that they are fundamentally the same, except in the first event the Risen Christ is visibly present with the disciples, but the second follows the ascension and the Risen Christ is no longer visibly present - hence no longer external to the disciples. The initiation occurs when the Living Yeshua breathes on the disciples, and its fruition occurs when the tongues of Supernal Light (spiritual nuclear fire) descend upon them; hence the play of recognition and realization. The dualism of Christ as something exclusively external is brought to an end - Christ is realized within, all around and beyond (the truth of the indwelling, cosmic and primordial Christ, respectively).

What is this Upper Room? The masters of the Tradition say it is the interior star or center on top of the head (Crown Star), and they say it is the higher consciousness in which repose and movement is realized ("the sign of the Father in us"). We may also say it is the Divine Mother, specifically her Holy Womb (the emptiness of cessation), through which we are reborn in the dawn of Supernal or Messianic Consciousness.

We learn to go within and live within, and we reintegrate ourselves to the Light-presence; this is the first step, the generation stage of the Path. Then, we learn to go above and bring down the Supernal Light, and we reintegrate the Light-presence to the Light-continuum, seeking to facilitate the Great Transformation and Ascension; this is the second step, the fruition stage of the Path. The first four cycles of the Eightfold Path of Initiation represent the generation stage of the Path, the second four represent the fruition stage. In this process Voice becomes Speech, and the fruition of Speech is in the Voice, the Speaking Silence of Movement and Repose. Thus, we are taken up into divine rapture and transfigured by the Living Word of God, the True Light.

This seeking is revealing - hence the actual meaning of Self-realization to the Gnostic Christian.

May the Mother unveil herself in us, and may the labor of the Holy Bride come to fruition in us, amen.

Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Marion

seeking and doing

#9 Postby Marion » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:01 am

Dear Michael and Malachi,

The last post reminds me of some thing that happened the other day.
I was trying really hard to try and see people where they are, and in so doing trying not to juge them. Because I realized that I do alot, even if I don't know the person, I assume they have to be just like me and if they're not, they're automatcaly bad. As if I know what is best for every one, and so I was recognising how violent those thoughts really are. In the midst of trying REALLY hard to recognise when I was doing this, subtly or not so subtly, my friend was talking about Bob Marley and how he had a few wives and five other girlfriends and all of the children that he had with them. I was thinking to myself, "WOW, what a chovanist! that's so Mean! how could he do such mean things?" Then I realized, wow, aren't I being mean to him back? by judging him like that? because he obviously had great power in this world, and became corrupted by it, like most of us would, so how do I know that I wouldn't be corrupted by such power?
In reading that post, what really struck me was, Oh, In that situation I was trying to be the doer. I was going to DO this. Which seems to be the entire problem, that's why we suffer here. As was said in a recent discourse, The ego can sneak in and poison in the most subtle ways, while doing the most noble actions. This never ceases to amaze me. As in th eexample I gave, I really thought I was doing something noble, something good, something that was going to help people. There was only one problem, there was an I and a Me in the action, and it pisoned it.

The vital demand that creeps up that Tau Malachi spoke about in thelast post is also very interesting. Because it seems like when there was an "I" or a "ME" then there is automaticaly a vital demand. LIke thinking, "I am going to remove all judgement in my mind of others by next week!" this is an exaggeration to make a point, but It seems like in many, if not all of the things we do here there is this vital demand that sets these unreasonable goals and then wonders why we don't accomplish them. This seems to me a manifestastion of the adversary. because in setting these goals, not only is it setting us up for failure, but it's putting the holy spirit on a time schedual. Which is completely rediculous. Because The only way things get accomplished is through grace or the holy spirit, so if we put this vital demand on things, it obsructs grace.

This reminds me of first coming upon the path, because when I had a goal, I would think, "Oh I'M going to do this thing." which still happends frequently. But looking back, there was quite clearly vital demands, which seems to fall into the first catagory of seeking that Malachi was talking about, which, as he said, obstructs what we are really seeking.

It seems like seeking in this way has alot to do with the art of asking questions. I good example that was given in a discourse a few months ago is: say one wants to know more about the Sefirah Keter, which is on the top (The head) of the middle pillar on the tree of life. One can either say, "What's Keter?" Which will yeild an answer like, "The highest sefirah on the tree of life." or one may ask, "I was contemplating the sefirah Keter and it is at th etop of the tree of life, and is often called crown and crowns are on heads, so I was wondering if htese things had a connection?" This kind of question would probabaly yeild a more long winded anwer. This second question though, obviously was the result of some contemplation, some thought, time and energy. The same seems to be true with seeking. Are we seeking to Be someone or are we seeking, not to find per-say, but to explore the Mystery? Hence voice-speech.

Blessings and Shalom!
Marion. :D

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Judgment

#10 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:27 am

Greetings!

Perhaps if I have a perception of someone else missing the mark, in that very moment there is a potential for an awareness of a corresponding klippah - shade or shadow, in myself, and rather than pointing outward I may look inward to the very cords struck in myself. For example, in a similar area is there an issue of forgiveness needed in myself? Does this strike an insecurity in myself? In this way a moment of judgment can be transformed into something self-liberating, for it lets the Spiritual Light enter and can bring about a release of sparks.

My beloved Tzaddik often said, "By the cords we bind others, we bind ourselves."

The doer presents the same problem as the judge, for as the doer I am bound to all of the affects/effects of the action, and here in this world every action has both positive and negative affects/effects - thus, even with good intentions we can become entangled in the web of cause and effect.

In this we may understand the wisdom of letting "the Lord be the judge" and letting "the Lord be the doer" - the wisdom of identifying ourselves inwardly with the Light-presence and Light-power.

It is simply wisdom, the key becomes cultivating mindfulness and alertness that empowers us to Remember. This seems to be the essence of the spiritual life and practice - Remembrance.

May the Holy Mother empower us to Remember the mystical body of Christ, amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Phillip

#11 Postby Phillip » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:18 am

Dear Tau Malachi & Everyone,

With all this discussion of binding, I'm hearing a couple of things stand out. One, I'm hearing the teaching in Yeshua's name, "the force that binds is the force that liberates," and I'm hearing a lot about the Vav force... that which is the binding or linking force or intelligence and which, when joined to the lower Heh in the divine name "YHVH", links it, enlivening it and rendering "speech" to it... I'm remembing the metaphor of the Oxen who are pulling the cart that carried the Ark of the Covenant as referenced in the Zohar, who busted into song when "linked" to this Holy Ark, they were empowered with speech.

In linking; in accessing this Vav force within us, not only are we rendered this "speech" we have spoken of, but everything seems to be transformed and uplifted to the light, all things that plague us are transformed in that instant. But since there is also this constant running and returning, how do we access this at any time becomes the question, what is this "linking" force within us and how do access it at any time, thus transforming that which binds into that which liberates?

phillip

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The Power of Vav

#12 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:29 pm

Greetings!

Voice is the Father and Speech is the Mother, from whom emerge the Written Torah and Oral Torah, and the Holy Gospel. The Written Torah is the Son, the Living Word, and the Oral Torah is the Daughter, the Divine Wisdom; the Holy Gospel is the union of Living Word and Wisdom, in which the Father and Mother are also united, thus invoking the flow of Supernal Grace. In this contemplation a great mystery is revealed, concealed in such a way that it might be made known. Is this not the Power of Vav?

Speech is Binah-Understanding, giving utterance to Voice, which is Hokmah-Wisdom; Binah is the “parent of faith, from which faith emanates,” and Malkut is called “faith.” Vau is the Six (Tiferet-Beauty and the Five gathered about it), the union of Binah and Malkut, the Mother and Daughter. Is not faith the Power of Vav, or is not faith the vehicle through which we draw upon the Power of Vav?

Indeed, faith is a great power, for through faith we are joined to the mystical body of the Risen Savior, and we are empowered to draw upon the mochin, shefa and ruhaniyut of the Sefirot (Light-emanations); it is through faith that we acquire True Gnosis.

Vav is spelt out Vau-Alef-Vau, and enumerates 13, the number of Ahava (Love) and Achad (Unity). Faith is living according to the Truth and Light revealed in our experience, which is to say living according to the awareness of the Sacred Unity underlying all things, the natural expression of which is Unconditional Love (or Boundless Compassion, Tiferet being called both Love and Compassion). The awareness of Unity generates Love, and Love brings into Union; thus cultivating our faith, the awareness of Sacred Unity and generating the Sacred Heart (Love) is the Power of Vau; which includes Mercy, Rigor, Beauty, Dominion, Submission, and Reciprocity (Righteousness or the Foundation) in its Divine Fullness.

In the Melchizedek Teachings, Yod is the Essence of Mind, which is No-Thingness (Ain); the first He is the Capacity of Infinite Generation of Thoughts/Images of Mind (Ain Sof); Shin is the Presence of Awareness that recognizes this Essence and Capacity; Vau is the realization that all that arises is this Pure Radiant Awareness, or Energy-Intelligence, and that the internally and externally appearing phenomenon are the same Energy-Intelligence, occurring in the same Ground or Space – hence the realization of the inseparability of inside/outside, above/below; He final is the Embodiment of this Self-realization – the Divine Incarnation (the Living Yeshua).

Likewise, Vau is the Union of the Six of the Macrocosm and Six of the Microcosm; hence the conscious unification of the Human One with God and Godhead. The power of Vau is the Power of Self-realization, God-realization.

If oxen sing, isn’t that the realization of the Power of Alef, at the heart of which is the Power of Vau?
If this is too lofty, then let us say with St. Paul, and all Gnostics of the Risen Savior: “And now faith, hope and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.” This is the very essence of spiritual knowledge, understanding and wisdom; the Way, Truth and Life Divine.

If we wish to loose the cords that bind, then let us love one another as the Master teaches us, and serve the Anointed One (Messiah) in everyone and in all things, and perchance Wisdom will dawn in us and we will embody the Living Word.

It is all in the keyword: For-Giving, which is to say the Desire to Share or the Desire to Give.

The Desire to Receive for Oneself Alone is the cause of all cords that bind; transform the Desire to Receive, joining it to the Desire to Give, and you shall set yourself free! Isn’t this the Power of Vau, and the Power of the Blessed Name: YESHUA?

May the Mother Spirit lead us in the Way, Truth and Life Divine, amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Sefer Yetzirah: Book of Formation”