Are there ever 2 or more souls that are born w/one spirit?

Moderator: Tau Malachi

sevensophies

Are there ever 2 or more souls that are born w/one spirit?

#1 Postby sevensophies » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:22 pm

I apologize if this question may seem a bit strange.

I have a memory, previous to being born, of one main child spirit and 3 other children along with me waiting to be born. It is possible that these other three only "seemed" separate due to different experiences during past incarnations representing various different aspects of the self.

I have wondered on the other hand if it ever would be possible for us to unite or integrate through the actualization of several souls sharing a common lifespan experience. Is something of this nature possible?

If on higher levels and higher vibrational dimensions of consciousness we may experience a more actual and real state of oneness and everythingness, how can we become aware of these higher states and seek to center, ground and practice higher values such as these on our level in harmony with Nature and affinity unto Pure Spirit Light?

I appreciate any guidance on these questions.

Always May Peace Guide you.

Hope
There is something to be learned by carrying a cat by it's tail that can be learned in no other way.
Anonnymous

Leslie Kaneel

Neshamot

#2 Postby Leslie Kaneel » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:15 am

Shalom Hope!

Whilst waiting for +Malachi and Companions to finish organizing their move to a new house, you may also choose to use the search function, at the top of the page, for all topics considering teachings on neshamot. Just plug the word neshamot in to search - this may provide some answers or expand out this contemplation further for you. Thank You!

Blessings!
Leslie

Phillip

#3 Postby Phillip » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:39 pm

Shalom!

Yes, Tau Malachi is in the process of moving the center and getting a new internet hook-up, so it will take a little while for him to respond.

From my own teachings on this matter, discussions of Neshamah are quite strange. The idea of various individuals sharing a Neshamah I have heard can be said, and can occur, yet we cannot conclude from this that each person shares a "half" or "portion" of a Neshamah that another lacks. This idea can be referenced in the dialogues on "soul-mates" which goes to great length to correct this idea of two beings sharing a soul, implying each is incomplete. Also, this idea of "soul-mate" in our culture as exclusively a romantic concept is very much in error. In fact, such "soul-mates" may be teacher and disciple.

All of this said, the idea of "shared" Neshamah says as much or more about the nature of this level of the soul, the Neshamah as it does about the individuals who share this soul. At the level of Neshamah, individuality itself gets a bit strange and thus ideas such as, "MY" soul could be strange. So, does the teachings that individuals "share" a Neshamah more point to the idea that individuals share in the entrance and experience of enlightenment together? In this sense, each life may be applicable, for each life's degree of enlightenment is said to be able to be transmitted to the next. Whether the next taps into and evolves that realization is another question altogether.

I hope this gets contemplations going and prepares the ground for Tau Malachi's response!

May the light be extended in this life, and all lives, generating the perfect vehicle for the full revelation of light!

[/quote]

Leslie Kaneel

sharing enlightenment

#4 Postby Leslie Kaneel » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:33 am

Shalom Brother Phillip!

When you mentioned the idea of sharing the experience of enlightenment together, this brought to mind something I briefly came across in a Buddhist book about becoming Bodhisattva. The official Buddhist definition of Bodhisattva is this, and this has definite parallels in the Way of the esoteric Gnostic path:

"Being destined to enlightenment" - the term originally referred to Shakyamuni Buddha, beginning when he first made the vow to attain complete and perfect enlightenment, through three incalculable eons of rebirths in which he developed wisdom and compassion, down to the moment in his final birth when he attained awakening. Subsequently, bodhisattva came to indicate the Mahayana practitioner. All Mahayanists, like the Buddha, have made the vow to follow the path to complete and perfect enlightenment, one day becoming a world-redeeming buddha like Shakyamuni and thereby accomplishing the maximum possible benefit to sentient beings."

Having this sort of hint on what may or may not be Bodhisattva, what was brought to mind is in this book was said that when such a vow is taken and a soul is set on this path to enlightenment, you are no longer a private individual. You have through direct conscious initiative invited all sentient beings to be United with you. Then it went on to say that in this state of being and becoming, one must at every moment be completely conscious of their actions because everything they do, say, and think is now directly Known intimately by many others. This would be at the level of Neshamah in the Christian Kabbalah where, as you say, "individuality itself gets a bit strange......."

A soul entering incarnation and perhaps having attained a glimpse of this level of Neshamah in other lifetimes would then most certainly, I believe, be closely United with other souls upon entrance, also before and after entrance, into the present life display.

May we Become completely conscious of our Sacred Unity with all Beings in all worlds, realms, and universes! amen.

Blessings!
Leslie

Brooke

Re: sharing enlightenment

#5 Postby Brooke » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:01 am

Leslie Kaneel wrote: Having this sort of hint on what may or may not be Bodhisattva, what was brought to mind is in this book was said that when such a vow is taken and a soul is set on this path to enlightenment, you are no longer a private individual. You have through direct conscious initiative invited all sentient beings to be United with you."

Shalom, Sister Leslie !

I like your term "initiative" because it so closely relates to the term "initiate." The initiate takes upon him/herself the responsibility of being a Light Bearer for, as you say, all sentient beings. The language of our prayers, rituals, and meditations confirms and reaffirms this truth.

Baruch Hashem! Blessed is the Name !

Brooke

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Body of Light

#6 Postby Elder Gideon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:26 pm

Greetings Friends in the Light of Messiah!

As phone and broadband finally comes to the new center for Sophia Fellowship :D, Leslie's advice is superb; neshamah is a very complex teaching which has been treated in some great detail throughout many topics in our forum. I would add another search word ivur or ivurim in a search of this teaching, for to speak of sparks and their ingathering is to speak of our neshamah.

To review, we begin by embracing a very beautiful and confounding principle: the Holy One is all in all, immanent and yet transcendent, without contradiction. To explain this, we learn according to Kabbalah that how the Holy One becomes all of this multiplicity of created beings is by gradations. Just as the light of olamot-universes are staged down to a frozen, stabilized state we call matter (Asiyah), so also the light of our soul is staged down to a frozen, autobiographical state we call physical vitality (nefesh) and personality (ruach). This down-staging is the compassion of the Holy One; without this compassion, no creature could evolve and embody the conscious awareness of itself united and emanated as the Holy One.

The catch to this downstaging, however, is tricky. What we mean by downstaging of the Holy One is the agency of ignorance and forgetfulness. Garments often function symbolically in Kabbalah and Gnosticism as this teaching; so that Creation is not overwhelmed, the Holy One conceals Being, layer upon layer. Our Neshamah is largely concealed until we can generate the conditions and merit to 'see' Her in truth; our Neshamah is a body of light, the revelation of which pervades the Word as the zenith of spiritual experience.

O Lord my God, You are very great:
You are clothed with honor and majesty, You cover Yourself with light as with a garment,
You stretch out the heavens like a curtain. (Psalm 104.1-2)

As the Creation is garment of the Holy One, so also the very image in which we're made, is light.

Also for Adam and his wife the Lord God made tunics of skin, and clothed them. (Genesis 3.21).

Moses himself

had finished speaking with them, he put a veil on his face. But whenever Moses went in before the Lord to speak with Him, he would take the veil off until he came out; and he would come out and speak to the children of Israel whatever he had been commanded. And whenever the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses’ face shone, then Moses would put the veil on his face again, until he went in to speak with Him. (Exodus 34.33-35)

One greater than Moses,

took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. (Matthew 17.1-2)

How does Saul (Paul) describe the gnosis of his conversion?

“While thus occupied, as I journeyed to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, at midday, O king, along the road I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining around me and those who journeyed with me. And when we all had fallen to the ground, I heard a voice speaking to me and saying in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?'"(Acts 26.12-14)

Watch how St. John's physical body responds to

His countenance was like the sun shining in its strength. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. (Rev 1.16-18 )

What any of these accounts have to do with garments is striking. Simply, Neshamah, a body of light, energy and gnosis, is undressed! Very few, apart from spiritual training, can remain conscious in the undressing of Neshamah, for in this part of soul, all of our autobiographical reference points dissolve. Very much like dying, all the memory holding our physical identity together suddenly lapses, for such a revelation of gnosis is outside of time. The marvel, if consciousness is strengthened by spiritual practice, is the discovery--however brief--that we are alive without a physical body, outside of time. This life we mistake for our garment of physical vitality (nefesh) and personality (ruach) is quite a literally a body of light (neshamah). To study all of the practices in our lineage is to witness that we're all training for this very experience of nakedness, rehearsing for this moment of gnosis of our selves lifted off our timeline.

Perhaps this final quote from saying 37 of St. Thomas will helpfully ground this teaching of neshamah as covered by personality and vitality which we may shed in Light Transmission before Death sheds this:

His disciples said: On what day will you be revealed to us, and on what day shall we see you? Jesus said: When you unclothe yourselves and are not ashamed, and take your garments and lay them beneath your feet like the little children (and) trample on them, then [you will see] the Son of the Living One, and you will not be afraid.

Blessed be Adonai Yeshua for the revelation of what wears us!

Amen and amen!

Elder Michael+

Leslie Kaneel

Thanks & Praise

#7 Postby Leslie Kaneel » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:43 pm

Shalom Elder Micheal+!

Thank You & Sister Brooke deeply!.....

Ah! Yes.....the Body of Light; resembling the angels of heaven and further more....Messiah Melchizedek! Our Holy Neshamah!

Gratefuly,
Leslie

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

The Play of Neshamot-Souls

#8 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:53 am

Salutations in the Light of the Messiah!

The interplay of souls is, indeed, a very complex, subtle and sublime subject in the Kabbalah, one that requires ongoing discussion and exploration - with all that is written in various places in our forums we have hardly scratched the surface, as the saying goes.

As outlined in Gnosis of the Cosmic Christ, and elsewhere in these forums, there are five dimensions or levels to the soul in the Kabbalah: Nefesh (vital soul), Ruach (spirit or intelligence), Neshamah (supernal soul or divine nature), Hayyah (life-force or light-force) and Yechidah (divine spark or unique essence) - listing the outermost to the inmost aspects.

Nefesh and ruach form the basis of an incarnation - the personality and life-display; neshamah is the "ground" from which these arise, and at the level of neshamah all souls are, in fact, completely interdependent and interconnected, interrelating with and interpenetrating one another, yet each is, at the same time, unique and individual.

Now, for most souls, rather than a direct emanation of the holy neshamah, ruach and nefesh are the expression of the karmic continuum of the soul - only in self-realization are ruach and nefesh the direct expression/emanation of neshamah. Nevertheless, though, neshamah is always within and behind, and to whatever degree possible the influence of neshamah enters into play when nefesh and ruach become aligned with her - this is the virtue of the daily spiritual life and practice, nefesh and ruach are drawn more and more into harmony and alignment with neshamah.

Spiritual study and contemplation, prayer and meditation, sacred ceremony and good works - living as a true human being; this is what allows us to access and realize the inner dimensions of the soul.

Here, we can say, through the grace of the Messiah in the reception of the Holy Spirit we are empowered to access our supernal soul, neshamah; and through neshamah we may be blessed to draw upon hayyah and yechidah, for they are within her.

All this said, souls carry sparks of one another, and often groups of souls enter into incarnation together; this may be something of what you intuited - the very deep interconnections that can and do exist between souls.

At the same time, in the case of souls of higher grades, it is possible that they may emanate into multiple incarnations simultaneously; such multiple emanations can occur all at once, as though born around the same time, but they can also occur dispersed in space-time, being of various ages overlapping.

Of course, on an inner level of the holy neshamah - the neshamah of neshamah, all incarnations throughout all three times, past, present and future can be viewed as a simultaneous event; at the level of neshamah the view of space-time can be very different than from the normal view of our linear mental consciousness.

This level of the soul gets even wilder, for all neshamot are in the neshamah of neshamah, so there is knowledge in neshamah of the sacred unity of all neshmot - it is rather like we are everybody and everybody is us, as though all are incarnations of one great holy neshamah, and yet, still, each is unique and individual.

In this, perhaps, you may understand how we can have some very intriguing perceptions of the "soul" and "spirit" at the level of the holy neshamah - mind blowing perceptions!

All of this is to say that there are many possibilities - several books on the subject of the soul alone could not cover them all.

We are, indeed, multifaceted and meta-dimensional beings; this person and life is very superficial and minute compared to the greater depths and heights of our Real Being as we are in the Light Continuum (Yahweh).

Now here we can share a key practice that might open the greater awareness of our holy neshamah - union with partzuf brought to the stage of the *transference of consciousness*; when we can actually shift our center of consciousness into a body of light many amazing spiritual and mystical experiences open to us. What you mention is like a glimpse or taste of the spiritual and mystical experiences that may dawn with this kind of spiritual practice, even before the full development of consciousness beyond the body.

May all nefeshim be taken up in the divine rapture of the holy neshamah - their soul in the Messiah and El; amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Last edited by Tau Malachi on Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Merlin

#9 Postby Merlin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:54 am

Are you familiar with the concept of quantum entanglement? Two or more quanta (particles or photons, but could just as easily be souls) born from the same state are linked at a very fundamental level. For example, split a photon into two, and whatever the one experiences, so does the other, no matter the distance.

As a Druid, I believe/perceive that the Creation is fashioned from "flowing particles of light" referred to as "Manred". These particles originate in the Highest Heaven, referred to as The Ceugant, or Luminous Sea. When one extends the concept of quantum entanglement to the Manred, such phenomena as "soul mates", deja vu, or this phenomenon you describe are easily (even though there's nothing "easy" about any of this) explained.

Blessings of Awen.

Sincerely in love and fellowship,

Merlin
Deus Lux Solis

Return to “Christian Kabbalah”