In My Father's House are Many Dwellings

Moderator: Tau Malachi

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

In My Father's House are Many Dwellings

#1 Postby Elder Gideon » Sat May 21, 2011 9:59 am

Greetings!

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house there are many dwelling-places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way to the place where I am going. (John 14:1-4)

I've long desired to explore what Yeshua distinguishes in his last discourse, promising to his disciples dwelling places within the house of the Father. The Greek words in St. John for the Father's house, οἰκία--pronounced oikia--and and its many dwelling places, μονή--pronounced monē--are different words and take us to magnificent contemplations of how the Holy One dwells within an enclosed space. We'll recall that an enclosed space, particularly one set apart is in Hebrew makom, suggesting holy land, holy places, and the Temple itself wherein God's Shekinah indwelt. The word Yeshua uses for 'place' in v. 2 above is completely equivalent with the Hebrew makom: τόπος, topos. To transfer what we understand from the Hebrew for house, בַּיִת pronounced beyth, and dwelling places, מְּקֹמוֹת, pronounced makomot from the plural of makom, asks us to consider many mysteries of how the Holy One surrounds and indwells us, within and without us, above and below us, at one and the same time.

In the New Testament, οἰκία-oikia is a literal house, but figures also for one's family, household, and all of one's possessions. Yeshua's use of this word in St. John, combined with μονή-monē occurs only one other time in all the New Testament in the same discourse,‘Those who love me will keep my word, and my Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home [μονή-monē] with them." (v 23) As this μονή-monē is completely isolated only to this moment in all of the Gospels, Yeshua's promise of his presence as dwelling places is two-fold: dwelling places to which he goes in ascent to prepare for the disciples and dwelling places after his ascension wherein disciples may indwell as they are indwelt. This raises provocative questions. Because the word μονή-monē surrounding this house with many dwellings places is so unique, it cannot be construed as heaven in general, but of a much more specific place, similar with other words connoting 'abodes of light' common in Gnostic literature. One scholar equates this 'place' with the experience of the Second Coming itself, the Parousia, which literally means being present.

As the Second Coming is demonstrated by Tau Miriam, Tau Elijah, and Tau Malachi to be the full reception of the Holy Spirit, meaning Gnostic and Light Transmission, then perhaps this place, where the Father and Son make their monē within ourselves, need not be isolated to our afterlife sojourney beyond the body, but may be regarded as a present truth, awakening in this life even within the body in our reception of Gnosis. To experience consciousness beyond the body is to simultaneously experience an influx of consciousness into the body. As mutually inclusive as our formlessness is within our form, so some experiential insight of the Second Coming must participate in everything taught of the Eighth Heaven, the Gnosis of Supernal Malkut: the Divine personification of Daughter-Bride.

It appears that these dwelling places have as much to do with those elect individuals for whom they are specifically prepared as with the sacred unity, the fullness, the Pleroma, the Supernal Light Realm in which such dwelling places are imbedded. The access to these dwelling places in full was received first by Our Beloved Lady before the Risen Savior and transmitted by Her at Pentecost. Promised and prepared by the Bridegroom in advance of Pentecost, being clothed with power from on high must then relate with these dwelling places opened by the Bride.

May we remember as we are remembered,
knowing as we are known, our home:
the dwelling places of our conception.

Elder Gideon+

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Resting Places

#2 Postby Elder Gideon » Mon May 30, 2016 4:50 pm

Shalom

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s [community] there are many [resting places]. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way to the place where I am going (John 14:1-4).

Those who love me will keep my word, and my Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our resting place [monē] with them (14:23).

Having shared some time ago a study of the Greek word translated as 'mansions', as I look further, monē also connotes resting places which fascinates me as we approach summer solstice mysteries of Ascension and Pentecost.

House in the Jewish sense is not only where and with whom one lives, but in the largest sense is the entire community of Israel: Not so with my servant Moses; he is entrusted with all my house (Number 12:7). In Ephesians, this same idea is more fully developed: So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are citizens with the saints and also members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the cornerstone. In him the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord; in whom you also are built together spiritually into a dwelling-place for God (2:19-22).

Resting Places (Mansions) are beyond the heavens. While there's respite in the seven heavens, the resting places to which the Perfect Master is referring are present in himself and suggest Supernal Malkut. According to our midrash, it is into this repose that the Risen Savior invites Our Lady. She refuses because of how many as yet suffer and aimlessly wander, ignorant of salvation. It is at this moment that she vows to return in woman's form in every generation until the time when all is complete. The time to which she refers feels remarkably close to the Second Coming. We might rightly regard her as the first to receive the Second Coming. Through her and the named presence of the Mother (Acts 1:14), the disciples gathered in the upper room experienced the Second Coming as the fire of Pentecost.

I'm hearing for the first time that Yeshua's promise is fulfilled at Pentecost: And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way to the place where I am going. In the Father's community of spiritual and elect humanity and angels, there are many resting places. What are these resting places but the Second Coming, the conscious contact with Light Transmission?

How might we hear Yeshua's promise of his going to prepare a place for us, to come again and take us to himself, in light of Pentecost?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: In My Father's House are Many Dwellings

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:06 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

There are many teachings in the Christian Kabbalah concerning this passage from the Gospel of St. John, and they venture into lofty metaphysics and deep esoteric wisdom. God willing, perhaps we can share and explore something of these teachings and revelations. May the Holy Spirit be with us and grant us insight as we do! Amen.

Now, the “house of the Father” - Abba, this is Hokmah of Atzilut, which is called Reshit, “the beginning,” and of which it is said, “Beyond this there is nothing knowable”; hence, Keter, which is called Ain, “no-thingness.” According to the Holy Scriptures creation is founded upon Wisdom-Hokmah, and according to the Holy Kabbalah, Hokmah contains the entire array of the Sefirot of Atzilut, Beriyah, Yetzirah and Asiyah, or emanation, creation, formation and action, which corresponds with the supernal, spiritual, astral and material universes, respectively; hence, the Pleroma of Light (eternal realm) and the entire matrix of creation. Thus, everything that was, is or ever shall be is contained in Hokmah, emanates from Hokmah, and is founded upon Hokmah, supernal and primordial Wisdom.

Consider this! The house of the Holy King is a great palace, and the house of the King of kings and Lord of lords is a palace of palaces, having countless immeasurable palaces within it, such as no mortal can conceive or speak. If we wish to gain some sense of this, let us remember that Hokmah-Abba corresponds with Atzilut, the supernal universe, and as such the “house of the Father” is the entire supernal universe. Therefore “dwelling places” within it correspond with countless worlds in the supernal universe, and the countless realms within them, worlds within worlds, realms within realms, without end. Such is the “Father’s house” and there are, indeed, many, many dwelling places in it, most subtle and sublime abodes of brilliant supernal radiance, the most unimaginably wonderful, glorious, blissful realities of unspeakably beauty, harmony and unity; there is no expressing in mental concepts and words, or mortal imagination, the least or outermost of these worlds and realms of the supernal radiance - the True Light, or Pure Light.

The house of the Father is the inheritance of the Son, and in the ascension, unification and enthronement of the Son, so the house of the Father becomes the house of the Son; hence, the great palace of the Messiah. The Son and his Holy Bride rule in the palace and in the land, in the supernal universe and in the great matrix of creation, the Pleroma of Light and the Entirety; and the Messiah going to prepare a place for us, that place is something much more than a gold-plated mansion in the sky, it is a world of light with countless light realms within it - a “supernal palace.”

The reality Yeshua Messiah speaks about is properly called the “World-To-Come,” and this is something much greater, much more holy and glorious than the realities of the seven heavens; before this “eighth heaven” the seven heavens are as dim, glowing lights, and in truth are as nothing, they are nullified before the radiance of the Supernal Abode - the heaven of heavens.

Perhaps, though, Adonai Yeshua is also speak of the heaven of heavens, and the seven heavens contained in the eighth heaven, and is speaking of the ingathering of souls into the seven heavens, and the worlds and realms composing them, as well as into the eight heaven, or the Supernal Abode; hence, not only the ingathering of the spiritual elect, spiritual humanity, but also faithful humanity, having boundless compassion and unconditional love for all living spirits and souls. Certainly so, and we can also understand the passage in this way, for the seven heavens, spiritual and astral, are sanctuaries for soul in their journey and evolution towards full enlightenment and liberation, and as we know pure light realms are manifest in them by the Messiah and Anointed Tzaddikim to uplift souls in the Great Ascension. Praise God!

“…I go to prepare a place for you.” Indeed, there is movement and expansion of the heavens, and the light worlds and light realms of the heaven of heavens, or the World-That-Is-Coming, and quite literally there is the continual creation, formation and making of new heavenly realms, the building of heavens. As we know, when new teachings and new revelations are spoken, with the speaking of them new heavens and new angels come into being, and so also through deep and heartfelt prayers and invocations, and through the enacting of commandments, the enacting of good works, spiritual and material; praying with true cleaving (devekut) and engaging in good works with conscious intention (kavvanah) for its own sake heavenly realms are generated and created, the heavens are moved and expanded, all in a great and unfathomable mystery. Adonai Yeshua teaches that he goes to prepare a place for us, and likewise that he will come again and gather us in, and this corresponds with the power of a complete self-offering, complete self-nullification, the giving of his entire life-force or light-power in the movement of generating heavenly realms, uplifting souls and gathering them to himself, gathering them into the “house of the Father,” the palace of the Messiah. All in a great and supreme mystery, he himself is the “house of the Father,” the Pleroma of Light being embodied in him, manifest in the world with, in and through him, and as him, and through his self-offering, his “going” and “coming,” the Pleroma of Light - “fullness of light,” is revealed and made known, so that we may know “the place” and the way to enter into it.

The Messiah and Anointed Tzaddikim tend this continuum of the generation of heavens and heavenly realms, and angels composing them, but then, through faith and devotion, and through good works, living according to our faith, we also co-labor in the generation of heavens and the generation of greater glory and power in the World-To-Come. All living spirits and souls are generating worlds and realms in the inner dimensions, astral and spiritual, whether heavens or hells, or those in between and admixed, but having received the Holy Light and Spirit, and having been reborn from above, from heaven, we have received a greater knowledge and power for the generation of heavens reaching into the supernal universe, the Pleroma of Light and World-To-Come; as we know, the seven heavens, seven earths and seven hells, all of their worlds and realms, will pass away in the End-Of-Days, but the Supernal Abode, the World-To-Come, is endless, eternal, abiding in the Light Continuum inseparable from the Infinite and Eternal One (Ain Sof, Yahweh).

Now, truly, Messiah Yeshua was speaking of the afterlife, the realization of eternal life, bornless being, in the World-To-Come; and he was speaking of the Second Coming, not its outset, but rather its fruition in the in the End-Of-Days and World-To-Come, the Great Resurrection and Ascension, certainly so! On one level the World-To-Come has nothing to do with this world, yet, indeed, this world is the vehicle for the realization of the World-That-Is-Coming, and how we live this life, how we live in this world, can generate a “place” for us and others in that true kingdom of heaven, the heaven of heavens, the Supernal Abode. Thus, on another level the World-To-Come is intimately connected with this world and they are inseparable from one another, just as being and becoming are inseparable from one another in the evolution and realization of souls.

Though, indeed, Adonai Yeshua was speaking of afterlife states, and of the fruition of the Second Coming, the End-Of-Days and Great Ascension of that time, the realities of the afterlife of which he was speaking, the seven heavens and the heaven of heavens, or the palace of the Messiah, are not so removed from us in this life and this world, but while as yet in this world, as we know, the Holy Spirit can uplift souls into an experience of the heavens, and even the heaven of heavens - supernal heavens, and likewise, among spiritual adepts and masters - Tzaddikim, there is a capacity of aliyat neshamah, mystical ascensions of the soul, or transference of consciousness into a body of light and corresponding inner worlds and realms. Thus, what Adonai Yeshua was speaking about isn’t just an experience in the End-Of-Days at the fruition of the Second Coming, nor our experience of the End-Of-Days at the conclusion of our life when our soul departs the body for the final time, but it is an experience that may transpire in the midst of life when the Holy Spirit takes up her full divine action in us and reveals the greater truth and reality of the kingdom of heaven and World-To-Come. Indeed, it is on account of this that writing of such mysteries we speak of what we have seen and heard and know, for the Holy Spirit draws our soul into direct experience of the Risen and Ascended Messiah, and the kingdom of heaven, the Supernal Abode; and yet, there is a limit to what we can write or explain concerning such things, for there is much that only the Holy Spirit and angels can reveal, much that can only be known and understood through direct spiritual and mystical experience of the heavens and heaven of heavens. The greater communication of such mysteries, however, is not through words, but rather through Light Transmission, and through mind to mind and heart to heart transmissions imparted by Tzaddikim to those who are able to draw close to them; hence, through an energetic transmission of the Holy Light and Spirit, movements of the Spirit.

There is, no doubt, more that can be said concerning this passage and corresponding mysteries, but what has been shared seems enough for the moment, so I’ll pause and abide, waiting upon the Spirit of the Lord (Yahweh, Adonai).

May you be blessed and gathered in this very day! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

staroath

#4 Postby staroath » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:01 am

Shalom Tau Malachi,

I am hearing and appreciate very much in this teaching something very helpful in regards to an expansion of the term End-of Days. As spoken above in the context of the verses given from John 14, Yeshua is on one hand speaking about the afterlife for the individual, but also these verses can seem to allude to the actual fruition of the Second Coming (as in the collective), but perhaps more mysterious in this context is the experience that may come in this very life as the Holy Spirit takes up our soul and spirit and reveals the World -That -Is -Coming on a very day and in this very life.

What comes to mind are the beginning phrases of John 14: "Do not let your hearts be troubled"
How wonderful is the reminder in the teachings that point to "waiting with eager expectation" and holding  and "cultivating a deep yearning" for the greater experience of the Risen Christ and a glimpse of the World-That -Is-Coming in this very life (as has been shared in other places ) "The Lord is coming, The Lord has come, and The Lord will come'', this phrase implying an ever greater and endless revelation of the Holy One.

How marvelous that we can play our part in getting "up to speed" as it where by holding uplifted energy, drawing out the good in all we are given in the moment, be it beauty or horror....having hope and faith in all that each day brings.  We can create a dynamic co-labor preparing a place to meet Yeshua who comes to prepare a place for us in his Father's house.

Much appreciation for these teachings, any corrections or expansions will be gratefully received!

Blessings,
Star

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

The Place

#5 Postby Elder Gideon » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:42 pm

Shalom Tau Malachi:

Adonai Yeshua teaches that he goes to prepare a place for us, and likewise that he will come again and gather us in, and this corresponds with the power of a complete self-offering, complete self-nullification, the giving of his entire life-force or light-power in the movement of generating heavenly realms, uplifting souls and gathering them to himself, gathering them into the “house of the Father,” the palace of the Messiah. All in a great and supreme mystery, he himself is the “house of the Father,” the Pleroma of Light being embodied in him, manifest in the world with, in and through him, and as him, and through his self-offering, his “going” and “coming,” the Pleroma of Light - “fullness of light,” is revealed and made known, so that we may know “the place” and the way to enter into it.

I'm most grateful to hear the place not as a location outside of oneself, but the very deep habad that inspires and manifests the place wherever one has fully offered themself. Rather than aspiring to the place by an immature faith of entering heaven after one has died, that same experience of heaven is manifest in earth wherever there is a full self-offering.The place Yeshua has gone and prepared for "me" sounds guaranteed and vouchsafed only according to how I've lived to serve others. If in faith alone without works, this is one grade of 'place'; if in faith with many works, a greater grade of 'place.'

The World-to-Come then seems to depend upon the awareness of the willingness to see another's good equal with one's own. I recognize the fullness of the World-to-Come is far removed from this planet and our physical experience, yet I'm also sensing how indeed, this world is the vehicle for the realization of the World-That-Is-Coming, and how we live this life, how we live in this world, can generate a “place” for us and others in that true kingdom of heaven, the heaven of heavens, the Supernal Abode. Thus, on another level the World-To-Come is intimately connected with this world and they are inseparable from one another, just as being and becoming are inseparable from one another in the evolution and realization of souls.

As I consider how a soul transitions from one heaven to another, it is all by greater and greater degree of self-offering. That you've aligned the house of the Father with the sefirot of Atzilut brings forward a whole new awareness of Supernal Malkut as the gate into the place. This to say that the entrance into the heaven of heavens is the place a soul has entered from the depth of their self-offering.

If I'm correctly hearing the place as you're describing it—the awareness others for whom one offers themself—then it suggests that heaven and earth, the World-to-Come and This World, can actually join in such moments. Is Yeshua's promise then, contingent on more than belief? Is one's being gathered in the afterlife to have already acted in self-offering?

Gratefully,

Elder Gideon

Martina

#6 Postby Martina » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:40 am

Greetings in the Light of the Holy One!

Praise be to Imma for these beautiful and uplifting teachings!

I have been contemplating how this is a teaching about our spiritual work here and that it is done for its own sake as a love offering to the Holy One demanding nothing in return just as Lord Yeshua lived. On the other hand we can contemplate the heavenly mansions with the help of our Christian Kabbalah:

"Consider this! The house of the Holy King is a great palace, and the house of the King of kings and Lord of lords is a palace of palaces, having countless immeasurable palaces within it, such as no mortal can conceive or speak. If we wish to gain some sense of this, let us remember that Hokmah-Abba corresponds with Atzilut, the supernal universe, and as such the “house of the Father” is the entire supernal universe. Therefore “dwelling places” within it correspond with countless worlds in the supernal universe, and the countless realms within them, worlds within worlds, realms within realms, without end. Such is the “Father’s house” and there are, indeed, many, many dwelling places in it, most subtle and sublime abodes of brilliant supernal radiance, the most unimaginably wonderful, glorious, blissful realities of unspeakably beauty, harmony and unity; there is no expressing in mental concepts and words, or mortal imagination, the least or outermost of these worlds and realms of the supernal radiance - the True Light, or Pure Light."

Is this pointing to the teaching that the divine name Yahweh contains all other divine names? This brings to mind that Yeshua is the divine name Yahweh with the Letter Shin inserted in the middle, suggesting the embodiment of the heavenly palaces.

I am grateful for any corrections.

Shabbat Shalom,
Martina
Martina

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#7 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:03 am

Grace and peace to you in Hayyah Yeshua!

There is something more that we can share concerning the “house of the Father,” for as has been said the Father, Abba, corresponds with Hokmah-Wisdom, and as we know, in the Zohar the house of the Father is the Mother, Imma, and corresponds with Binah-Understanding. It is through Binah that the potential held in Hokmah becomes realized and actualized, and manifest, the seven Sefirot of Construction and the Olamot emanating from Binah. Binah is the house of the Father, and the Sefirot emanating from Binah is the house of the Father; the Mother, Imma, is the house, and she builds the house, emanating, creating, forming and making the matrix of countless heavens and worlds within which the Shekinah of Yahweh dwells, while at the same time containing all that arises and appears.

Now, when Adonai Yeshua teaches that he goes to prepare a place for those who cleave to him and follow him, truly he does create dwelling places for the souls of the righteous beyond in the heavens, and in the worlds and realms of supernal radiance, and it is not only Messiah Yeshua who engages in this divine action, but also Anointed Tzaddikim - Holy Apostles, as we are taught in the Acts of Thomas. In the story told in that scripture, through acts of loving-kindness, charity, on behalf of a mortal king, Thomas creates a great heavenly palace for him, and ultimately brings the king to the Lord, and with the king his subjects also, further establishing a place in the Supernal Abode and World-To-Come for the soul of the king.

There is this play of Divine Grace, and divine assistance, divine intervention, on our behalf by Yeshua Messiah and Tzaddikim in the Messiah; and as we mature we are also called to take up this spiritual labor, this divine action, helping to generate light-power, merit, for others and a place for others in the heavens, or in the worlds and realms of supernal radiance. Likewise, though a place of prepared for us, so we must labor to workout our salvation, and co-labor with the Messiah and Holy Spirit to create a place for us in the World-That-Is-Coming.

As we know, souls emanate from the Holy Sefirot, and as souls awaken and are realized, and reintegrate with the Light of the Infinite (Or Ain Sof), cleaving to the Sefirot they merge with the Sefirot and become vehicles of the spiritual power of the Sefirot; thus, as souls are realized there is an ongoing realization of the infinite potential of the Sefirot, the Attributes of the Infinite and Eternal One. This, naturally, corresponds with the generation and expansion of heavens, and with the generation of worlds and realms of supernal radiance, an ongoing co-creation with the Shekinah of Yahweh, the Eternal; hence, the reality of the World-To-Come is being generated and realized through the actions of souls, and realization of souls, in this world, in the incarnations of souls.

Every thought, word and action in this world is connected to corresponding spiritual forces, and dependent upon our thoughts, words and actions there is a weaving of the matrix of spiritual forces in the astral and spiritual dimensions, and the formation of corresponding realms in the worlds of the inner dimensions. When we enact what is good and true, when our thoughts, words and actions are in accord with the will of the Most High (Elyon), there is an increase and strengthening of divine forces - angels, and an expansion of corresponding heavens; when this is done with clear and conscious intention, and the full force of our will and desire, in the love of the Eternal One and love of one another, there is a reaching into the supernal dimension, and a stirring of divine forces of the supernal universe, the realization of worlds and realms of supernal radiance, the true kingdom of heaven that is eternal.

As we know, the Ten Commandments correspond with the Holy Sefirot, the Divine Attributes, enacting the Commandments, cultivating the Divine Attributes in our soul, and in our mind, heart and life, we are actualizing and realizing the kingdom of heaven and we establish our soul in the kingdom of heaven, co-creating a “dwelling place” for our soul in the “house of the Father.” The essence of all of the commandments is in the single commandment, “Love one another as I have loved you,” and therefore all commandments are encompassed by and fulfilled by charity, or active love and compassion in self-offering.

The distinction between a lower, outer heaven and a higher, inner heaven is that form one to another in ascent the heavens are composed of a greater light and love, and an experience of greater nearness to the Infinite and Eternal, and therefore a greater holiness, presence and power of the Almighty (Shaddai). Thus, through the generation of greater light and love - charity, souls co-create with the Holy Spirit the cause of their ascent, establishing themselves in a better resurrection.

The generation of light corresponds with the generation of the body of light, body of the resurrection, and corresponding with the generation of the body of light is the heavenly world and realms a soul will experience in the World-That-Is-Coming; this generation of the body of light corresponds with our spiritual realization and the good works that are accomplished, our self-offering.

Here we can speak an open secret. Our holy neshamah corresponds with our dwelling place in heaven, and realizing and embodying our neshamah, enacting the good inclination, which is the desire of our neshamah, something of our dwelling place in the house of the Father is manifest in our experience in this world; hence, truly, the kingdom of heaven is not far removed from us, but it is very near!

Concerning Shin in the Blessed Name, this is the embodiment of the Holy Shekinah in the Messiah, the fullness of the presence and power of the Holy One, and likewise it is the embodiment of the kingdom of heaven so that with the coming of the Messiah Yohanan the Baptist proclaimed, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near!”

May we labor always for a better resurrection, a greater capacity to uplift souls in return to God! Amen.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Christian Kabbalah”