Zion

Moderator: Tau Malachi

SophiasNemo

Zion

#1 Postby SophiasNemo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:49 pm

Hello, I was recently reading psalms and came across the word Zion and realized that I do not know what it means kabbalastically. Is there is anything you could tell us about its meaning? Zion and Israel seek to be spoken of as places? Or is there more to it? Thanks!

Mark Daniel

Re: Zion

#2 Postby Mark Daniel » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:02 pm

Shalom SophiasNemo,

I thought I would quickly point out two resources to help you with your inquiry.

First there is a post on "The Mount of Olives" that talks about Zion as often referring to the sephirot Malkut-Kingdom. The post can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=107. This might be a good place to start.

Second, while the boards can be difficult to navigate when we are looking for a specific teachings or writing on a specific topic (there is a massive amount of information here) there is a great way of using google.com to help zoom in. If you type into google "site:sophian.org zion", you will get a list of posts that touch on that topic.

I hope that helps.

Blessings and love,

Mark Daniel-

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Zion

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:42 am

Shalom,

As Brother Mark has shared Zion is often understood as a cognomen of Malkut, at times though, understanding 'Holy Land' as a cognomen of Malkut, Zion, the temple mount, is attributed to Yesod when speaking of secret mysteries of the Middle Pillar. So, most often Malkut, but at times Yesod.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Christian Kabbalah”