Tikkunah

Moderator: Tau Malachi

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Tikkunah

#1 Postby Elder Gideon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:51 pm

Solstice Eve Shalom!

When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. (Acts 2:1)

As we’re preparing our hearts and minds for the Feast of the Ascension and Pentecost, I’m enjoying a contemplation that expands my former understanding of the Hebrew work tikkune. “Mending, repairing, healing" are all very helpful meanings as Isaac Luria intended with his use of this word for the release of divine sparks in all things from qlippot, shells or husks of ignorance. As one grows into a greater awareness, even to breaking through a barrier, this liberative movement releases a spark of divine energy hidden in the barrier. Such breakthroughs into greater being are my understanding of Lurianic Kabbalah’s insistence that God is everywhere, in everything, but unaware of Godself in us and our materiality. As we awaken to a greater sense of ourselves in the One, so the One is released from within us. This is my understanding of tikkune.

There is another Aramaic sense of this word that balances and adjusts how one might hear this principle of tikkune with fixed mindset of “sin” or “brokenness” which oversimplifies the dynamism of our becoming. Yes, there are limitations to overcome, ignorances to penetrate with the experience of awareness, but so also are we “prepare, adorn, and enhance” the Shekinah. These meanings follow תקונא tikkunah as it appears in Zohar. Daniel Matt’s team of translating scholars offer these nuances where the word for “preparing,” “adorning,” or “enhancing” appear in the Aramaic text. This fascinates me. Rather than only hearing tikkune with a fixed mindset of what’s missing or broken in my life, tikkunah offers a growth mindset of how I’m preparing, adorning, even enhancing the Spirit of God in my spiritual life.

This is entirely evidenced in the mystery of spiritual gifts the apostles gathered in one place receive at Pentecost. What is this one place but an entire community turned deeply inward towards the One, waiting expectantly for the promise of being clothed with power from on high (Luke 24:29)? What is such an influx of embodiment but tikkunah? Enhancement from on high! Such are prepared and adorned with every necessary spiritual gift to draw the light of tikkune out of the hearts and minds of others. This enhancement of the apostolic women and men, not disembodied doctrine, is precisely what drew so many people to their movement. Irresistible energy and charisma drew the crowds. These apostles possessed something others recognized and desired for themselves. It is this light—this tikkunah—that I’m enjoying in myself and my friends in Continuum, praying that the One indeed continue to equip and clothe us with greater power from on high.

May we put on the One!

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Tikkunah

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:29 pm

Grace and peace to you in the Holy Shekinah of Messiah and El Elyon!

This writing of yours from some months ago is filled with lovely insights my brother, this interplay of tikkune and tikkunah - repair, restoration, mending, and enhancement, ornamentation, adorning. As we are now moving towards the opposite holy feast of the solar year, the Feast of the Mother and Child, the Holy Spirit has set in my heart a new teaching on tikkune and tikkunah for you and the community. With God’s blessing and a flow of the Spirit of God may this secret mystery be revealed and may we be blessed with understanding! Amen.

As we know under the law there is no salvation - enlightenment and liberation; salvation is realized through the coming of the Messiah - the Anointing, through Supernal Grace. Although there were a few great prophets, messengers, who embodied the Anointing with the Supernal Light and Spirit before the appearance of Adonai Yeshua in this world, there was no outpouring of the Holy Light and Spirit upon all people through them, and therefore they were not Messiah, Son of the Human One, Son of God.

Understanding this we may say that there was tikkune under the law - restoration, mending, of souls from the effects of sin, but there was no tikkunah - enhancement, adornment, of souls, or the actualization and realization of souls as they are in God, the True Light. In this understand that tikkunah is the fruition of tikkune, the completion and perfection of tikkune - fullness of tikkune. Through our own efforts and labor it is given that we can accomplish tikkunim of the soul and of the world around us to a certain point, but the fullness of tikkune - tikkunah, comes through the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit; it is the Holy Spirit that accomplishes this Great Work, the tikkune of the soul and tikkune of the world - salvation of the soul and the world.

It is Divine Grace through which all good things are accomplished.

As in the upper room, when the Risen Messiah breathed the Holy Spirit upon the disciples and when the Holy Fire of Pentecost came upon them, so when we receive our anointing with the Holy Light and Spirit, being ‘reborn from above,’ we are enhanced, adorned, with the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit - we are indwelled by the Messiah and Holy Spirit, and surrounded on all sides by the Divine Presence, and that Divine Presence takes up our person and life.

As we know, when through the mercy and grace of God our soul ascends reaching the station of passing away in oneness with God, in our passing away God replaces our human attributes with the Divine Attributes, or rather the Spirit of God transforms our human attributes into the Divine Attributes; through this the fullness of the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, is embodied in tzaddikim - ‘righteous ones,’ and their righteousness is the Righteous One (God’s Righteousness - Messiah). This is the completion and perfection of the tikkune of the soul and the world - fullness of tikkune, tikkunah.

Through Yeshua Messiah, through his incarnation and self-offering on the cross, and the revelation of the Risen and Ascended Messiah that transpired through it - the outpouring of the Holy Light and Spirit upon all people, we have been enhanced, adorned, with the Holy Light and Spirit of God, and through that Holy Light and Spirit our salvation, our full tikkune, is accomplished by the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit - Divine Grace. Praise the Lord!

Receiving our anointing with the Holy Light and Spirit it is given to us to live according to the Truth and Light revealed, and to engage in a complete self-offering to God, a total and complete surrender, submission, to the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah Holy Spirit - Divine Grace. Therefore, following the teachings of Messiah Yeshua - the Gospel - we go within and live within, and we go deeper still, seeking to realize our innate oneness with the Messiah in God Most High; ingathered, open and sensitive to the Holy Light and Spirit, as God is revealed in our heart and soul, we engage in an active and dynamic surrender, co-laboring with the Holy Spirit for this Self-realization in the Messiah - tikkunah.

Here let us remind of an open secret in the Holy Kabbalah. If any soul ascends and reaches the station of passing away and those highest, inmost stations beyond, it is through the Holy Spirit that this is accomplished; and regarding those secrets of the Messiah and God Most High that are revealed in those stations, it is God and God alone who reveals them. We may say what the Holy Spirit alone accomplishes, what God alone reveals, is tikkunah.

There is tikkune we can accomplish, and that it is given for us to labor to accomplish with the Holy Spirit, and there is tikkunah that God accomplishes - Messiah accomplishes.

Now there is something more indicated by tikkunah as it occurs in the Zohar - Book of Radiance - and as often cited in teachings of the Jewish Kabbalah, and likewise Christian Kabbalah. Through our devotions to God, through our prayers, meditations, contemplations and worship, and through righteous thoughts, words and actions - good works spiritual and material, we enhance, adorn, ornament, the Holy Shekinah, opening the way for the greater action of the Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, on earth and in the heavens. Indeed, to live the Life Divine, to live according to faith and love in this way, and proclaim the Gospel - the Living Word and Wisdom of God - is to glorify God before the people; the glorification of God is tikkunah.

Here we may say that in the Messiah we are no longer to live for our own glory, but for the glory of God; but do understand that those who bring glory to God, God will glorify, just as God glorified Yeshua Messiah who humbled himself on the cross so that God’s Great Glory might be revealed in the world.

As we witness in Messiah Yeshua, quite naturally the greatest glorification of God is the realization of oneness with God - passing away in the Oneness God Is, and the full embodiment of the Divine Presence, Holy Shekinah, Holy Spirit, that happens in this supernal realization, enlightenment.

This is what the Holy Spirit would have me share with you today, and in this is the understanding of tikkunah in our Christian Kabbalah.

May many be blessed with tikkunah this day, receiving their anointing, their enhancement, from God, and may they live from God, to God, for God, and keep awake! Amen.

Yeshua Shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “Christian Kabbalah”