Prayer Weapons of Perfect Success

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Prayer Weapons of Perfect Success

#1 Postby Elder Gideon » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:52 am

Shabbat Shalom, Tau Malachi!

Some months ago, approaching a big decision and the full engagement it would require, I discovered in prayer that the five base prayer weapons in our tradition—sphere, wand, cup, dagger, and pentacle—superbly support an essential and effective prayer ceremony framed by your teaching in chapter thirteen of Living Gnosis called "Perfect Success": The View of Perfect Success, Consecration to the Divine, Complete Commitment, Completely Positive Energy, and Perfect Performance.

With the sphere, I held in my heart the View of Perfect Success and spoke my intention aloud.

With the wand, I offered this intention, inviting the Divine to witness and take it up with and for me.

With the cup, I vowed to release all of my energy into this intention.

With the dagger, I vowed to root out all obstructions to this intention from within myself.

With the pentacle, I stood in faith that this intention would be manifest by my action.

As simple as this is, there's a great depth for me weaving the five prayer weapons with the five steps of Perfect Success. As I continue to reflect upon and revisit my intention, taking up each of the prayer weapons in a gentle, meditative succession, I return to how this began with the talismans of each step in my hand. This way of support brings clarity and immediacy to the mystery of how intention becomes manifest. I'm most grateful for our lineage and how grounded its teachings and practices truly are.

When two agree in one house,
they shall say to this mountain, "Move!"
and it shall move
(Thomas, 48).

Elder Gideon

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Prayer Weapons of Perfect Success

#2 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:39 am

Shalom Brother!

This is a good practice you have shared. Remember, the first step though is the formation of a clear conscious intention - 'seeing it in ones mind and heart,' then consecrating it, and so on as it taught.

Also, instead of a "vow," perhaps a statement of the corresponding intent, action, in the movement - 'I will'; hence, an affirmative statement as in theurgic invocation or prophecy.

These were two points that I was inclined to adjust.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “The Gnostic Path: Spiritual Life & Practice”