Yahweh in the Sefirot

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Yahweh in the Sefirot

#1 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:24 am

Yahweh in the Sefirot: Invoking the Inmost Ruhaniyot

As is known there is an outer and inner issuance of the Holy Sefirot. There is shefa, their everflow, influxes of their spiritual power, and there is ruhaniyot, their spiritual essences, and these are likened to ‘blood’ and ‘breath’ of the ‘Body of Adam Kadmon,’ or the ‘Body of God.’ In much the same way that we find that within our breath, within breath in the subtle body, there is a ‘breath within breath,’ a ‘radiant holy breath,’ so there is an inmost ruhaniyot of the Sefirot, ruhaniyot within ruhaniyot, and this corresponds with the Great Name of Yahweh in the Holy Sefirot; hence, this inmost ruhaniyot is the secret of how all Names of the Holy One emanate from Yahweh and depend upon Yahweh, their inmost essence being Yahweh.

Receiving the anointing with the Holy Light and Spirit, having recognized and realized the radiant holy breath, and awakened and uplifted the holy fire within, those with understanding who know how to ascend and unify their soul with the Holy Sefirot, with The Name, may intone and invoke The Name, invoking and drawing upon the inner ruhaniyot of the Sefirot. In this way prophets and apostles - great tzaddikim, invoke the Anointing, revelation of the Messiah; hence, inmost gradations of Light Transmission.

Understand, a vocalization of Yahweh is taught corresponding with each Sefirah from Keter to Malkut, though the vocalization corresponding with Malkut is internal and hidden. Thus, from one Sefirah to another a specific vowel point is associated with the letters of the Great Name and with that vowel point The Name is vocalized and intoned.

The Vowel points that are written under the letters of YHVH for each Sefirah are as follows:

Keter = qamaz

Hokmah = patah

Binah = zere

Hesed = segol

Gevurah = sheva

Tiferet = holem

Netzach = hiriq

Hod = qibbuz sefatayim

Yesod = shuruq

Malkut = no vowels at all, only YHVH

*This is as given in “The Generations of Adam”

Just as these vocalizations of The Name might be invoked for the revelation of the Messiah - the Anointing, so also for the revelation of deep secrets of the Holy Sefirot and intimate knowledge of The Name, but to invoke then an initiate must prepare themselves, purify and consecrate themselves, as is taught in the tradition, and must remember to honor and keep the Third Commandment.

Among the various practices of vocalization of The Name there is this:

Waiting upon Ruach Yahweh, engage the radiant holy breath, intone the vocalizations of The Name, and the ruhaniyot and your breath will be one; with Malkut the breath is stilled, The Name is held in the heart in silence, and then there is the utterance of the word of the Lord, Yahweh, and what is spoken shall come to pass. Those with understanding will understand this essential instruction for a prayer, meditation, and taking it up the Holy One will reveal secrets to them.

Here there is nothing more that may be said about this; these hints will have to suffice.

May the Holy One be praised! Amen.

Yahweh Shalom!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

The vowels.

#2 Postby Elder Gideon » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:51 pm

Shabbat Eve Shalom, Tau Malachi:

I'm most grateful that you've shared this mystery. I've seen and contemplated how we might better understand the role vowels play. Memorizing how they move Hebrew words takes some time. What's marvelous is how the same letters, by different vowel points, make completely different words. This forum space doesn't support graphics, so posting what these vowels look like is not possible. However, as I'm remembering them, I hoped to contribute what I understand of their sounds.

Keter = qamaz=ah as in 'yard'

Hokmah = patah=a as in 'had'

Binah = zere=ey as in 'they'

Hesed = segol=eh as in 'bed'

Gevurah = sheva=silently contracts whatever syllables are between

Tiferet = holem=oh as in 'hole'

Netzach = hiriq=ee as in 'machine'

Hod = qibbuz sefatayim=uh as in bull 

Yesod = shuruq=oo as in flute

I've read what Isaiah Horowitz has said, quoting this mystery from Tikkuney Zohar, but I didn't comprehend what he is saying until you clarified: In much the same way that we find that within our breath, within breath in the subtle body, there is a ‘breath within breath,’ a ‘radiant holy breath,’ so there is an inmost ruhaniyot of the Sefirot, ruhaniyot within ruhaniyot, and this corresponds with the Great Name of Yahweh in the Holy Sefirot; hence, this inmost ruhaniyot is the secret of how all Names of the Holy One emanate from Yahweh and depend upon Yahweh, their inmost essence being Yahweh. I now sense how the intention of holding each of these sefirot while pronouncing the Great Name per its particular vowel is another realm of communion with YHVH.

Traditionally, we work with four principle vowels pronouncing the Great Name that are rooted in olamot and their interior partzufim:

Ah for Atzilut, rooted in Abba
Eh for Beriyah, rooted in Imma
Oh for Yetzirah, rooted in Zer Anpin
Oo for Asiyah, rooted in Nukva

What you're presenting here is much more detailed. These are incredibly delicate mysteries, the root of the vowels being primordial and entirely unspeakable. But like the parts of soul, one within the other, these vowels are not only transcendent but make everything possible in Creation just the same. I praise the One for your elucidation and clear help.

Elder Gideon

Return to “The Gnostic Path: Spiritual Life & Practice”