Essential Invocations

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Essential Invocations

#1 Postby Elder Gideon » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:17 am

Shabbat Shalom!

Tau Malachi requested that I start this thread listing essential invocations that anyone can take up in their prayer life. They may even be held in the heart throughout our active life. By quoting lines from revealed Hebrew scripture, we draw upon the energy of the revelation as given. If anyone requests, I'm happy to do my best in offering a pronunciation as well.

Many simple lines from the Hebrew bible make wonderful chants, such as:

Exodus 8:10 There is none like the LORD our God:
ki eyn ka-YHVH Elohenu

Exodus 13:14 I am that I am OR I shall be that I shall be:
Eheyeh asher Eheyeh

A help note regarding the Sh'ma which is not to be chanted more than once:

Exodus 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD is our God, the LORD is one:
Shema Israel, Adonai Elohenu, Adonai Ahad

There is a chant of its essence in the middle that we may chant:
The LORD our God, the LORD: YHVH Elohenu YHVH

As God wills, more lines from revealed scripture will populate this thread for practitioners to peruse and try.

May the power of the One within and ever around and beyond be praised this day!

Elder Gideon

Anna

Re: Essential Invocations

#2 Postby Anna » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:46 pm

Shabbat Shalom, Elder Gideon!

Thank you, and Tau Malachi, for this thread! Praise Ma for her way of wisdom with her children in these times!

Yes, I would very much appreciate it if you could also post the pronunciations of each of these invocations. They are lovely and simple, yet I sense they contain deep mysteries that Holy One may choose to reveal over time as practitioners take them up.

God bless and keep you in all that you do!
Anna

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Re: Essential Invocations

#3 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:47 am

Blessings in the Holy Light of the Messiah!

I'm inclined to share a few more of the essential invocations taught in the Straight Path.

There is Yahweh, Yahweh El, drawn from Exodus 34 and the utterance of the Thirteen Attributes of Mercy.

Also, there is the heart essence invocation taught in the Straight Path, Yah Yahweh Yeshua, corresponding with the Essence of God, Being of God, and its knowledge and embodiment. (At times this is shortened to just Yahweh, Yeshua).

Another common essential invocation is El Gadol, 'God is great.'

Also there is, El Elohim, 'God, God.'

Drawing from the Middle Pillar and the three great grades of ascent through nearness into oneness there is also Eheieh, Yahweh, Adonai, and this is akin to Yah Yahweh Yeshua; or the order may be reversed specifically with the intention of an ascent of the soul and 'returning to God.'

These were a few more essential invocations I was inclined to share, and these are used not only during times of prayer, but in between times of prayer as a way to cultivate constant invocation, remembrance, of God Most High (El Elyon).

In this regard you will understand that any of the primary Names of God may be used as an invocation, and so various combinations of them, either softly outwardly or inwardly in your heart.

Shalom Aleichem!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “The Gnostic Path: Spiritual Life & Practice”