Greater Community

Anna

Greater Community

#1 Postby Anna » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:56 am

Blessings and greetings in the Light of the Risen Messiah!
In contemplation of challenges facing us and all our relations on this planet today, it comes to mind that this Sophian Community actually reaches in a mandala around the globe, with study groups and Forum members on most of our continents. Yes, we are working toward a better resurrection and we pray for our communities and the larger world at least in a general way. But it seems that there is a latent potential that is not being tapped at this point, a very crucial time in the world.
When our beloved Tau was critically injured and dancing between life and death last year, this greater community was galvanized into action, posting and praying up a storm on this Forum! I wonder if Holy One was showing us something very important, a function of this greater Gnostic Christian community.
In vision I see a wider purpose behind this world-wide Sophian mandala, and I wonder if anyone else is receiving such visions. We are called to more than personal spiritual study and practice. We are in a position to extend the Light of the True Cross in new ways, hitherto undreamed-of ways.
In the Blessed Name of Yeshua Messiah I pray, may Mother Spirit activate her mandala according to Ratzon Elyon!
Shalom!
Anna

Martina

#2 Postby Martina » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:47 pm

Shalom Sister Anna,

since my visit to Grass Valley in the summer I have been praying for a greater extension of the Sophian message. In the last two month the European Skype sessions lead by Brother Jonas have become a wonderful new opportunity to share teachings directly with Brothers and Sisters from many parts of the world and hold the continuum together although we live far apart. It is a great blessing!

I would love to hear more about your visions and it is my prayer, that actions grow from those visions that bring Sophian Brothers and Sisters from many parts of the world together in the extension of the light in this time, in which there is a great need for it everywhere in the world.

Blessings,
Martina
Martina

malochim

Syncrhonized global effort

#3 Postby malochim » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:32 am

Shalom,

I've been thinking about this as well Sister Anna. One idea I've had is to create a website or add functionality to the current sophian website so that you can log in with your account and then create a daily/weekly schedule with spiritual practice. You drag-and-drop practices like primordial meditation and silent witness etc into your schedule, but here you can also add prayer sessions and get up to date prayer requests that you can include in addition to your other prayers. In this way it would also be possible to create synchronized group actions both in inner and outer continuum. When you are finished with your schedule you could import it into your google calender or export it in an iCal format to import in Outlook or what ever calendar one might be using.

edit:

Just listened to the latest shabbat discourse:

http://voicethread.com/?#q.b2543849.i13491169

and realized that this connects alot to the translation of desire energy into power.

Joining thought and emotion directing it God-wards.
Blessings,
Jonas
”Only love has meaning, it raises the smallest action into infinity.” , Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

Martina

#4 Postby Martina » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:49 am

Shalom friends,

Jonas, I think what you are suggesting is a wonderful idea. Contemplating it, the question arose, if different languages could be used? This could create a closer connection to the community for those who don’t speak English.

It is my prayer, that more of the truth and light manifests in this time.

Many blessings,
Martina
Martina

sheryl
Site Admin

#5 Postby sheryl » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:38 am

Shalom Dear Brothers and Sisters,

What a marvelous discussion!

As Sister Martina shared, perhaps we have already begun moving in the direction suggested by Sister Anna?

We know when the Grass Valley Circle is engaged in regularly scheduled study and/or ritual and we are invited to join with them in time and space, connecting with the continuum in the same movement.

The following is already in place:

Shabbat discourse at 12 Noon Pacific Time each Shabbat.

Worship and wedding feast at about 3 PM Pacific Time each Shabbat.

Zohar Discourse Thursdays at 7 PM Pacific Time

Skype Chat at 5 PM Sundays

Chat Room at 7 PM Sundays

Feasts about every six weeks on Fridays at 7 PM

Added to this is the new international skype study on Thursdays at 11 AM (Pacific Time)

Is there not a mandala affect when we join together in these events, carrying the blessings specifically to our location in the world as well is allowing them to blossom on the inner planes?

I wonder though if there is room to create a scheduled time that would work internationally for all of us to join in prayer and meditation? Thus we at a distance could join together in a single movement. A possible time might be 12 Noon each Shabbat (Pacific Time) so that we would also be joining with the Shabbat movement with the circle in Grass Valley.

Also, perhaps it can be said that this mandala also already exists in our maintaining a daily continuum of prayer and practice, one especially that is tied into the movements within the continuum originating in Grass Valley as we join in the discussions and contemplations offered on the forum.

Sister Anna is so spot on that we have an incredible opportunity to bring blessing to our community, and to the inner planes, through being plugged in to the greater community within the continuum.

Thank you, Sister Anna, for bringing up this topic and perhaps it is indeed Mother's Will that we do something, to add to, to enhance, what is already there, given the messages we each seem to be receiving?

Praise and gratitude to Mother and her workers in the fields!

Shalom!

Sheryl

Anna

#6 Postby Anna » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:32 am

Lovely thought processes going on here! This Forum actually plays a central role in this vision. Yes, it is a great Wisdom Treasury, a place for personal research, personal prayer requests, but it is also a vastly underutilized space for discourse and sharing of energies. I see it as our virtual Study House, rooted in the physical Study House in Grass Valley, a sacred space where all of its members will come and share insights, questions, small and big contemplations, prayers not only for individuals but also for what is happening around the world. It has great potential to act as a hub of energies for the growth of the Body of Christ.
No, the Forum cannot substitute for physical visits to our Tau and the Circle of Companions there, but it can be a place where all of us can grow and support each other as a more cohesive community. Certainly we must visit the physical Study House as often as we can, and this requires great commitment on the part of those of us at a distance, but moving toward illumination is not a hobby, it's a blessing and a vocation that moves us to this self-offering. And so we offer all that we can. Even then, Holy One gives such abundant blessings that it seems we have really done very little, and nothing on our own, praise God!
This wonderful virtual Study House could be a place where all those blessed to actually live near our Tau could share their own self-offering in thanksgiving and in a desire to build this Greater Community. Always we are called to think bigger in the lap of our Mother who blesses us with her incredible abundance! Recognizing this larger body seems part of that more expansive thinking. Praise Ma for those who already share in this space. Things are shifting in new ways, and perhaps it is time for everyone to add their portion here, their part of the journey, as Spirit calls!
May we live and grow together in Hayyah Messiah!
Shalom!
Anna

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

The Great Vision

#7 Postby Elder Sarah » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Shalom!

I really enjoy and appreciate this insight and vision of the Greater Community you are drawing up here Sister Anna. Thank You! I agree, the forum and its vastness represents the greatest medium we have available in reaching out to all who might be seeking.

It is said in the teachings Study and Contemplation is essencial in the Spiritual Life, in fact it is said to be greater than Prayer, because it is through Study and Contemplation that Prayer is empowered. The forum represents the Traditions greatest body of teachings, greatest source for study and contemplation. While a person can read and read for years the teachings present on the forum, which is good and true, in time though, it is only through questions and drawing out what is read that insight may grow to new depths. In this way Study and Contemplation involves an active exchange of sparks. We learn this in great mystical Texts such as the Bahir and the Zohar. These texts are made up of beautiful exchanges taking place between Taddikim and their companions.

As you point out, the benefit of various cycles of teachings being drawn out by both Tzaddik and Companions is immeasurable and touches many. Also, as you point out, the exchange is one of the most powerful prayers we have available to us today! And Praise Be The Holy Shekinah for such a vehicle!

The Zohar speaks of a “Lamp” in each generation, a Holy Tzaddik whom is a knowledge keeper. In Tau Malachi there exists an endless depth of Wisdom, Understanding and Knowledge. This precious resource and the ability to impart is dependent on the ability to receive. Each member of the Community has a role in that receptivity. I hear in your message a call to activate each of our roles, to activate in full force this potential within each of us. In so doing, the fullness of the Light moving with Tzaddik and Community can ray out to all beings! This activation involves an active engagement with each other and with Tzaddik. The ability of Community to receive the power of Tzaddik seems a similar movement to the ability of creation to receive the power of God. The reception of this power is what dissolves the illusion of separation, the delusion of lack. Not only does this dissolution happen on our own lives but the lives of many whom we will never know!

May we all rise to the occasion, allowing the Mothers Force to flow within and through and enact this great vision! May we be empowered to share and exchange the Light Presence and Power that moves within and all around!

Many Blessings and Shalom!
Elder Sarah+

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

How To Draw Forth

#8 Postby Elder Gideon » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:06 pm

Shalom Friends!

Jesus said, "If you bring forth what is within you, what you have will save you. If you do not have that within you, what you do not have within you [will] kill you." (Thomas, 70)

From cycles of dream earlier in my journey, I was granted insight into the legacy of this lineage for future Christians, where that of the Cross we're particularly called to take up in the way of the Perfect Master, Adonai Yeshua, will not only endure into future generations, but influence and revive the mystical core of Christianity for those coming after us, pouring forth through us all who are gathered in one intention, even this forum.

Hundreds, sometimes thousands of people are reading this forum over the course of a twenty-four hour period. Many posts have been read over ten, twenty, even thirty thousand times. What Sister Anna calls a mandala is equally a Light Palace, a Body of Vision, unfolding in our very time to reach far and wide, inviting those whom it calls to enter and know directly the Tzaddik before them and within them.

Unlike so many blogs and forums, this is probably what is most extraordinary, most precious: We can interact with a Living Tzaddik, a senior lineage holder of a living tradition which guards, preserves, and still possesses what much of postmodern Christian religion relegates to the mythological, allegorical, and psychological. I repeat: The questions and experiences we bring aren't sent on cyberwinds for random comments from strangers, but through this very medium may be grounded, expanded, and contextualized by an entirely realized human being in whom is a living experience of the Divine that can be transmitted, glimpsed, and even felt.

As last year taught us, what can be drawn out has a limited duration; our access to this well of knowledge and experience will someday close. Does that mean revelation and insight will cease? By no means. Will it be as accessible? By no means.

What Tau Malachi has realized and is realizing still has come by way of his being a spiritual prodigy from childhood, initiated by a great tzaddik who was an emanation an aspect of the soul of the prophet Elijah, sharing the truth and light of his journey integrated and refined over nearly forty years of experience. As there is no one in our generation who will ever match this wealth, the simplest and most auspicious response of our part is simply this: Ask questions.

While he is here, let us ask what no text or commentary can answer.
While he is healthy, let us collaborate with him to build for those after us a sanctuary in this forum. Let us keep asking questions.

As Lady Mirya kept asking questions of the Risen Savior Pistis Sophia to invoke his abiding emanation in the assembly, so may we keep asking questions of our Beloved Tzaddik to invoke his abiding emanation in our assembly.

For the benefit of all asking, may we receive.
For the benefit of all seeking, may we find.
For the benefit of all knocking, may we hold open the door of Da'at.

Elder Gideon+

Anna

#9 Postby Anna » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:34 am

Grace and peace in the Light of the Risen Messiah!
I give praise and thanks to God each day for all of my brothers and sisters in the Sophian Gnostic community. There are no words to describe the blessings I have received from Holy One as a result of being joined to this body! It is with gratitude and respect for Mother Spirit and the community she has built that I again post concerning possibilities for the future. I pray for guidance in Ruach Ha Kodesh. May all beings be blessed in our dreaming!
In contemplation of this vision of Greater Community, the Body of Christ around the world, the need for deepening commitment on the part of all of its members arises. What is seen is connection between the members of all groups and the members of our Mother Circle in Grass Valley. As sacred friendship grows among members of circle, with each other and with tzaddik at the center, so with each group these relationships can grow with all members and the Mother Circle at the center.
In the past each circle was an insular entity, and this was the way in a world where travel and communication had not developed to the point where people could easily access each other. Now we are blessed with access to each other through internet, phone, and ease of travel between states and countries. What world of possibilities has opened to us, praise God! Does this mean that Mother is drawing out something new for us in this time? If we look around us we can see that our world is entering greater challenges than ever seen before in the history of this planet. With the gifts we have been given in Sophian Lineage, how do we respond? What is the vision being given to us as the Body of Christ in the world today?
I see a greater exchange of sparks in our Virtual Study House here on the Forum, a center for meeting that doesn’t require us to physically be here at the same time but awaits our input according to our own schedules. If each of us were to visit at least once a week to read and to post it could serve to energize the greater body, particularly the parts at a distance from the actual Study House in Grass Valley. Imagine the teachings that could be drawn out from such extensive involvement! Imagine the positive energy of such unity in this Body! From there, further sparks would continue to be exchanged through the other outreach efforts, chat and skype and mentoring. But all of us meeting here, in this place, still shines as the center of activity in vision.
From these discourses the motivation for the commitment of those of us at a distance to travel to Circle in Grass Valley may arise more powerfully, all as Ma wills. It is necessary to physically sit in the presence of our Lamp in Circle, to be physically present for higher grades of Light Transmission in our Mother Circle. And this commitment on the part of multiple members of each group at a distance has the potential to increase the grade of light shared among their members.
This is a wonderful dream of deepening unity and passion among Sophians around the world, integrating with each other in a great cohesive body, walking together in conscious union, as Emanation Body of Tzaddik, as tzaddikim in a world that sorely needs the Light we have been given. Does this dream resonate with brothers and sisters? Is this a vision others carry as well?
No one after lighting a lamp hides it under a jar, or puts it under a bed, but puts it on a lampstand, so that those who enter may see the light. Luke 8:16.

May we be guided and blessed in our walk with Holy One and with each other!
Shalom!
Anna

Yonah

#10 Postby Yonah » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Greetings and Blessings to all!

I have really enjoyed this thread. I think it is a wonderful contemplation that is totally in line with Tau Malachi's vision for the future of the church.

There has been much discussion around how we can make the lineage known to others, how to help distance members be in closer connection, how to encourage and grow our study groups, and, of course, the end result of bringing more beings closer to enlightenment and liberation.

I am really moved by the many ideas and creativity that I'm seeing. I deeply believe that reaching out to others is as important to us as it is to those we reach.

We have made some relatively recent changes in the Austin Circle to try to energeticly link even more closely with the California Fellowship including moving our Shabbat to Sundays.

I would love to start brain storming some of the ideas around how we can enhance the practice and study of Sophian initiates and how we can reach more people with the message of Yeshua Messiah from a mystical perspective.

I think that study group leaders, circle leaders, and Elders need to dialog as ideas come up and the spirit leads so we can bring the unified vision of Ma to fruition. I love & respect all of you and am very thankful for being brought to this community.

Shalom,
+Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Return to “The Gnostic Path: Spiritual Life & Practice”