Blessings of the Holy Light!

In contemplation of the Six Essentials:

1. Cleaving to the Risen Messiah
2. Cleaving to the Holy Tzaddik
3. Cleaving to the Living Body
4. Gifted Worship
5. Hitbodedut
6. Good Works

I seem to notice a correspondence of these Essentials to the Interior Stars, with number 6 corresponding to Malkut and the Root Star, 5 to Yesod and the Navel Star and so on up to number 1 correlating to the Brow. Good Works seems to be how we ground our faith, hope and love. Hitbodedut, secluded prayer, seems to stand as the foundation of our walk on the path, nurturing and sustaining us in the Way Of Transformation.

Gifted Worship brings up some intriguing contemplations, particularly for one with very little access to this type of worship in a group setting, one at a distance from Circle where this worship is a regular part of the Life Divine. Gifted Worship by oneself seems part of Hitbodedut, but the elevation to Gifted Worship in Group settings requires something more.

This Essential brings up the possibility of a broader view of what characterizes Gifted Worship, when the Holy Spirit takes up the community for the glorification of God. Looking into group dynamics of such worship in Circle there is a sense of great surrender. It does not seem that self-consciousness is present but instead a bowing down so that worshipers are taken up in concert with each other's energies in deep surrender. This energetic quality in groups is coming out for me, and seems to point to a way of greater sensitivity in moving successfully as a group.

It seems that when one is able to surrender deeply to enjoy Gifted Worship in a group, then this elevates the energies of all members, bringing up the Essential of Cleaving to Living Body, drawing us into Sacred Heart together.

Cleaving to Holy Tzaddik, one who embodies the Christ Spirit, brings to mind preaching the Gospel, which is not only in spoken word but in living the Gospel. Yeshua as the Holy Name of the Throat Star, powerfully brings up this embodiment of the Christ Spirit, our person and life taken up by the Holy Spirit.

At the Brow I am seeing Cleaving to the Risen Messiah, for this seems the ultimate restraint of self, requiring cleaving to attributes including courage, and discernment, in passionate desire for embodiment for the sake of uplifting all beings. In the teachings we hear of "cessation in the Brow," so that it is not we who live but Christ who lives in us, to paraphrase Paul.

The six water jars filled at the Wedding of Cana also come up in this contemplation. The passage states that these jars were used for Jewish rites of purification, just as the six Interior Stars must be purified with the Father's force, White Father Seed from above, before the arising of the Serpent Power, Red Mother Seed from below. In living these Six Essentials we are invited to walk the path of purification, in preparation for Thunderbolt Illumination, as has been mentioned in another thread on this Forum

So these ideas are coming together in this contemplation of the Six Essentials. I pray for deeper wisdom, understanding and knowledge to be shared of these Six Essentials in our tradition, that God may be glorified through our lives.

Shabbat Shalom!
Anna

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

opening of the heart

#2 Postby Elder Sarah » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Shalom Sister Anna,

I have been enjoying your contemplation, thanks for drawing it out. What first arises as I read and contemplate what you have shared is a certain insight regarding the interior stars. It has been observed through out the journey, that in a way, we walk in the various ‘bands’ or ‘rays’ of colors of the interior stars. For example, the root star rays out a ‘red’ vibration and we quite literally have a being that walks and moves within that band of vibration. So, too with each ‘band’ or ‘ray’ of vibration throughout the stars. It is as though we have a being within us that walks in each star. Somehow, how pure or impure we deal with our walk within each star, determines how well each of the stars are connected. For example, our dealings with the affairs of the root, and how well we work with these things, determines how much the root is unified with the other stars. You can see, how if we deal with the energies of each star in a purified manner, we can begin to unify our being. If not, our being remains fragmented, and we have a separate being walking in each of the stars. Hence, the affairs of the root are not unified with the navel, the navel is not unified with the solar plexus and so on.

While it is according to the purity in which we work with these stars, whether or not they come into alignment, it is also dependent upon whether or not we can draw these into the heart. It seems, it is the heart star that joins them, joining the three lower with the three upper. The heart and how much it can open is what seems to bring purity to these stars. It would seem, we cannot access the truth of the six essentials without the heart being open.

This reminds of Yeshua’s one commandment, “to love one another as I have loved you”. When we really examine the six essentials it seems as if they are all ways to get at this one commandment.

In this way, as I look into the correspondence you laid out with the six essentials, it notice, the first three have to do with ‘cleaving’ while the second three have to do with actual work. This is not to say ‘cleaving’ is not work, just to point out the shift from ‘cleaving’ to gifted worship, hitbodedut and good works. In this way, it appears, we cannot access the truth of gifted worship, hitbodedut and good works without the opening of the heart. It is this opening that seems to bring truth to our cleaving which in turn brings truth to our actions in the Divine Life!

May the Sacred Heart be in extension this day, drawing together all living spriits and souls!

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

Anna

Inner and Outer Person

#3 Postby Anna » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:30 am

Thank you, Elder Sarah, for your insights here! I love the drawing out of the inter-connectivity of all the stars, all joined in the heart. What is coming up is the dance of the Inner Person and the Outer Person, how they are not in unity until the heart opens, for that is where they join.

The upper three Essentials of Cleaving speak to me of the Inner Person of Light, the Living Yeshua, Neshamah, while the lower three speak of the Outer Person and the "actual work," as you put it, which, I am hearing can only be accomplished through grace, through the influence of our Neshamah. As we turn inward, upward, Godward, in faith, I am seeing that we are given the grace to recognize this Holy Soul within so that we might be guided as by a guiding star. In turning our thoughts, speech and action to the Six Essentials, taking up these works of cleaving and the interior life and moving to manifest these in our daily life, this is what helps us turn the "vessel" of our life toward alignment with God the True Light.

In the heart I also hear the shift from obeying the Law to living in Love, with the Law of Love written in our hearts, hearts of flesh rather than hearts of stone. The heart also seems to be where we shift from Fear of the Lord to Love of the Lord.

What I notice in my journey is that it began in a highly pressurized state. The metaphor of a deep sea diver coming to the surface in stages comes to mind here. Rising too quickly can do great harm, even cause death, as the diver experiences decompression sickness, also know as "the bends." These Six Essentials seem to be the process by which I am experiencing "de-pressurization," purification of the vessel and the drawing out of the Holy Light, Holy Love that is already there, waiting patiently for me to embody it for the people, if I am willing.

"If you love me you will keep my commandments," Yeshua told his disciples. This love in the Sacred Heart seems the key to true service in the Christ Spirit, the key to embodiment for the sake of the liberation of all beings, and the healing of our Holy Soul. Praise God!

Yeshua Shalom!
Anna

Anna

Gifted Worship

#4 Postby Anna » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:15 am

Blessings in the Light of the Anointed Bride!

In contemplation it is coming out that gifted worship is truly a gift of the Fiery Intelligence, whether it takes place in individual worship or in group worship. Is this perception correct? The opening of the heart is essential for reception of this gift of Spirit, that sets in motion this worship.

In the Revelations of Angels part of the Forum Gerviel is described as the archangel with "deep knowledge of charismatic, or gifted worship," and the heart-songs of Miriam and the elder women are mentioned as an example of gifted worship "through which true wonders transpire." These are connections that had not come out for me until now.

Even in "solitary" worship, though, it seems that we actually do join with all beings worshiping Ha-Shem, lifted up into spiritual community, in heaven and on earth, despite the physical appearance of separate bodies at a distance in the material realm. In worship there is a sense of entering into the Continuum, beyond space-time, where all there is is love, union, a sense of never having left the Light Continuum. Indeed, I am beginning to see how very essential it is to move in invitation of this gift of Holy Spirit. Hale-lu Imma Gadol!

May all beings be taken up into rapture in the heart-songs of the Mother!
Shalom!
Anna

Kathleen

Re: Six Essentials and Interior Stars

#5 Postby Kathleen » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:46 pm

Elder Sarah wrote:What I notice in my journey is that it began in a highly pressurized state. The metaphor of a deep sea diver coming to the surface in stages comes to mind here. Rising too quickly can do great harm, even cause death, as the diver experiences decompression sickness, also know as "the bends." These Six Essentials seem to be the process by which I am experiencing "de-pressurization," purification of the vessel and the drawing out of the Holy Light, Holy Love that is already there, waiting patiently for me to embody it for the people, if I am willing.

Greetings Elder Sarah and Sister Anna!

This is an enormously enlightening and helpful discussion. I have, in the last year or so, been experiencing a great deal of internal "pressure" or intensity quite difficult to manage, much less understand. I have read in Yoga philosophy that blocks or obstructions in the bodies can cause more or less severe discomfort as Prana moves and begins to flow more freely throughout the energy pathways. But it has not occurred to me until now that the internal pressure I am experiencing is due to a need for purification and a clearing of obstructions (healing!) and an opening of the heart! In these Six Essentials I see an invitation to a deep rest and a letting go, which is also "work"...especially for me! This is huge sisters! I'm deeply grateful. If either of you have any further insights to share, I'm all ears!

your lil Sis,

Kathleen

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

#6 Postby Elder Sarah » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:42 am

Shalom Kathleen!

I really appreciate your insight, thank you for sharing your experience!

Sister Anna actually shared the 'pressure' metaphor, of which I too really enjoyed. What moves me in a contemplation of the six essentials is the simplicity of them. These six essentials lay out a way to walk the path in which naturally over time purification happens, healing happens. Our way is an organic method, as has been said in teachings, " it is like water wearing away a stone ". I think it is important to look deeply into the contemplation of coming to this peace, this rest. This reminds me of a teaching we learn in scripture, specifically the Psalms. We learn David speaks certain Psalms from the awareness he is already moving with the Shekinah, the Holy Spirit, and other Psalms where he is inviting the Holy Spirit to come upon him. From this teaching we learn we flow in and out of the awareness of Gods Presence and this is perfectly natural, complete as it is. Where the idea of work comes in is in the times we feel separate perhaps we work to come into the awareness of union, though, I ponder this at times. Indeed, it is very liberating to recognize that to walk these six essentials, following these, we will come to more and more accept the natural flows of the Holy Spirit, accepting when and when not we walk in the awareness of the Shekinah. In this way, it seems over time, if we follow these, purification happens naturally, spontaneously.

I really enjoy your mentioning an invitation to a deep rest, a letting go. I admit there are times I find work involved in this, though, more and more, I think the actual work is setting the work down!

Many Blessings to you Dear Sister!

Shalom
Elder Sarah

Kathleen

#7 Postby Kathleen » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:03 pm

Elder Sarah wrote:These six essentials lay out a way to walk the path in which naturally over time purification happens, healing happens. Our way is an organic method, as has been said in teachings, " it is like water wearing away a stone ".

Thank you Elder Sarah,

The process of "water wearing away stone" seems agonizingly slow, doesn't it?

My dear and elderly Catholic neighbor once told me, "Your problem Kathleen, is that you really don't trust God." Ouch!
But it is more to the point, although she has a point, that there has been struggle and confusion between the necessity of effort and the equal necessity of surrender, and of fully acknowledging inwardly, that of ourselves we can accomplish nothing. The essential thing underlying this truth is that, of course, it's already a done deal, it's already been accomplished, and nothing we do or ever can do will bring us any nearer to Ha-Shem then we already are.

And yet, I am convinced, and as the Sophian Tradition confirms, conscious spiritual living and practice is the fruit of this faith; the work of this faith, which can be effortful indeed, and that without some struggle to maintain the organization of ones' life around this Center, things can quickly go adrift.

But Tau Malachi says somewhere in his writings to the effect that it is for the joy and pleasure of spiritual living and practice that we come, and in delighting in this way we can let go "getting anywhere" or "accomplishing anything", and simply rejoice that we have been granted the desire to go this way, which is a great gift.

The word "cleaving" interests me. It's as if one is to make a tiny slit deep inside one's inwards parts, up high under the diaphragm, and "tuck" the Messiah, the Tzaddikim, and the Body there...like seed in freshly tilled and fragrant soil.
As our Tau might say, "it is simple, and it is good."

Shalom, and Blessings to you,

Kathleen

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#8 Postby Tau Malachi » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:25 am

Kathleen wrote:The word "cleaving" interests me. It's as if one is to make a tiny slit deep inside one's inwards parts, up high under the diaphragm, and "tuck" the Messiah, the Tzaddikim, and the Body there...like seed in freshly tilled and fragrant soil.

As our Tau might say, "it is simple, and it is good."

Shalom, and Blessings to you,

Kathleen

Shalom,

Devekut, "cleaving," is a very interesting word, for it can indicate dividing or separating, or it can indicate joining or uniting; to cleave can indicate a radical purification through cutting off or separating from negativity, but it can indicate a passionate attachment to the Holy One that leads to the experience of union.

It's similar to the word waiting, as in learning to wait upon the Spirit of the Lord." Waiting can indicate a state of stillness, rest or repose, but also action, work, serving; hence apparent opposite meanings, much like we find with the word cleaving.

Blessings!
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Kathleen

#9 Postby Kathleen » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:43 pm

Thank you Tau!

I so enjoy words with layers of meaning.

Devekut is an interesting word, especially as it indicates meanings that appear polar opposites to one another. One is tempted to see some fertile ground in the gap between the two apparently disparate meanings, as if they are two sides of the same coin.

Blessings to you!

Kathleen

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

#10 Postby Tau Malachi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:11 pm

Kathleen wrote:Thank you Tau!

I so enjoy words with layers of meaning.

Devekut is an interesting word, especially as it indicates meanings that appear polar opposites to one another. One is tempted to see some fertile ground in the gap between the two apparently disparate meanings, as if they are two sides of the same coin.

Blessings to you!

Kathleen

Indeed they are inseparable, and I'd propose that to cleave to what's real the unreal needs to be released - cleaved away. Shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

Return to “The Gnostic Path: Spiritual Life & Practice”