Contact during Practice

lleyr

Contact during Practice

#1 Postby lleyr » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:57 pm

Greetings & Shalom!

A couple days ago during practice I had an experience that I have never had before. I had finished primordial meditation and middle pillar. I had laid backward and was just sort of abiding and praying.

During the contemplation I felt a presence and I was scared half to death. I have felt various presence's before and have felt everything from wonder and awe to discomfort. This was different because it was shear terror. I can't explain why and I'm sure it was not a "dark" presence, but maybe I just couldn't handle the intensity and was caught off guard.

I was telling my partner about it and he asked if it was possible to make contact in practice with anything you dont' want to make contact with. I think he was alluding to a dark and hostile force.

My response was that as I understand it we contact spritiual forces based on our thoughts, feelings, & actions. My assumption is that during practice and prayer the forces would be those of the light, but that he had to remember that the spiritual forces of light have both blissful and wrathful aspects - it all depends on where you're at, what you need, etc.

I also suspect that it is possible to contact a force you are not concsiously trying to manifest. For instance during contemplation I was not trying to bring forth an Angelic presence, but it certainly could happen depending on the circumstances.

Are my assumptions correct? Is there anything I am missing?

Blessings, Mark

Marion

putting spirits to the test

#2 Postby Marion » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:34 am

Dear Mark,

In practice, there has often been the experience of a hostile being putting on the "Garment" of a being of light. Espesialy in parzufim meditations. This seems to be a common trick that beings use. Because the astral demention is a deceptive realm, beings can assume a myriad of forms, looking like one thing, but really being another. Therefore, it is important to put all spirits to the test, to see if they are really from the light kingdom. One may visualize light streaming forth from ones body to the being or force, or one may speak the great name, or trace a banishing pentagram. If the being or force is from the light kingdom, they will become brighter, and if they are dark or hostile, they will disappear. As Tau Malachi often says, what happends when one turns the light on in a room? all of the shadows go away. :) The practice of testing spirits is much akin to this.

There is also something that one must bear in mind. When one is confronted with the light presence, it is common to become very frightened, or terrified, actualy, I don't know anyone who wasn't at some point. I remember, early on the path, being very frightened when My tzaddik would ask me questions or when I would ask questions. This seems to be because sub consciously or consciously, one knows that one has contacted something, and one will never quite be the same. The light presence is also a huge threat to the egoistic self, so the ego naturaly will regect it.

Blessings and Shalom!
Marion

Brother Christopher
Site Admin

#3 Postby Brother Christopher » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:53 pm

Shalom Mark

It would seem by your remarks that you did indeed have an authentic experience. Your expression of shear terror reveals that often what we have conceptually conceived about Angels and Arch-angles may be a bit anthropomorphic. However, the teachings suggest otherwise and point out that Angels are indeed quite other-worldly and often times quite removed from human interests....

It also seems that an experience can transpire when we are least expectiing it....or thinking about it....and is more often times than not ordained in those moments....

Sounds like a cool expereince.... :)

Many Blessings,

Christopher :)

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Angels

#4 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:01 pm

Greetings Brother Mark!

I'd have to agree with all that has been said, though specifically with Brother Christopher - the feeling that comes when you speak of this is one of an angelic being. It seems that it took you by surprise and that fear took hold - which is not uncommon early on.

The first key is to seek to abide centered within the sanctuary of the heart - to be non-attached and non-adverse. Then, put the spirit to the test to see if it has come from the Light (God) or not - use the power of the Names to do this and use the holy signs to do this; center yourself in the image of the Risen Christ as you inquire into the nature of the spirit and its nature will swiftly be disclosed.

To say all spirits that come during practice are inherently divine is untrue - consider the temptation of the Master in the wilderness following his anointing with the Supernal Light at the baptism.

In putting a spirit to the test one will also serve to integrate one's own energy to the experience if it is a divine spirit - so it serves a twofold purpose.

There are two common difficulties practitioners experience early on, and generally speaking a practitioner will be prone to one or the other. Either the practitioner falls into a bliss intoxication or into fear - fear seems to frequently arise for you during new or more intense spiritual experiences. Being aware of this and relaxing into the experience can prove very helpful. Blissful intoxication or fear are both the same, and ultimately we do not wish to fall into either of them. These are the result of psychic tensions - a kind of excitement and resistance to the movement of spiritual energy.

Breathe, remember to breathe! :lol:

Blessings & shalom! :)
Tau Malachi
Sophia Fellowship
Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

lleyr

#5 Postby lleyr » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:22 pm

Greetings All!
Thanks for your responses.

So, is testing the spirits the methods mentioned by Marion? Shining the light from within on the entity, speaking the name of YHWH, or the banishing pentagram?

How do you trace a banishing pentagram?

I believe that in a dream I encountered Kamael at one point, but dreams seem to be less frightening in some ways because you expect the unexpected. Now that I have encountered the presence I don't think I will be as terrified as last time - it was just so unexpected. I have touched a presence before but nothing so strong or "alien".

Blessings, Mark

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Pentagram

#6 Postby Tau Malachi » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:12 pm

Greetings Brother Mark!

You might wish to request a copy of the corresponding ritual from Rebekah - that will answer your question as to how we trace a banishing pentrgram in our tradition, which is a bit different that what one might find in anything published.

Various divine names could be used - generally starting with the name of Yeshua, Adonai Yeshua or Yeshua Messiah, as this name bears the power of all of the divine names.

The sign of the cross may be used in place of a pentagram - a cross of fiery-light can seve quite nicely.

When put to the test, righteous spirits and angels will grow more luminous and clear (stronger), while admixed or dark spirits will suddenly appear as they are and be weakened, or seem to be dispelled or driven away. But in the long run, experience is the best teacher of how to discern spirits, and practice develops our actual ability to conscious direct spiritual beings-forces.

Indeed, the angels of the Most High are an "alien presence" to the present human condition, as the present human condition accords more with demuirge and archons, and with the dark and hostile forces.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

loveful

Spiritual Experiences

#7 Postby loveful » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:25 pm

I have been combing through these forums quite extensively lately, learning so much from each of you and grateful for your sharing hearts. Many posts I felt were meant just for me, they spoke so eloquently to what I have experienced or am experiencing. As I read this post, my heart quickened, as I new just how safe this place was I have landed.

I have experienced some phenomenal things in the last several months. Many to which I have no explanation, although I believe my heart holds the key, and I need to be patient for the answers. I trust they will come.

I would like to first start with my early childhood. I was a very gifted little girl in that I remember talking to angels, particularly after my grandfather died. I was also able to distinctly see auras or bright (sometimes not so bright) energy fields of others. I have a grandmother that was very supportive in this aspect and I was able to openly share some of these things. As I grew older, I forgot my true self. However, after a series of "life experiences" and failing health that modern medicine doctors could not reverse, I decided to turn inward and spent a great deal of time trying to figure things out. This is when my deep attraction to Mary Magdalene began and I ultimately found my path and this forum through Tau Malachi's books.

Since I have recommitted myself to remembering my true self, the most magnificent experiences have sometimes overwhelmed me. The intensity on a couple of occasions was a little much for my human body. I am getting better at centering myself during these experiences. However, a new experience has arisen that I am unsure what to do with.

I have started experiencing voices that almost come to me as if they are someone else's mental chatter. With each experience to date the intensity has increased, however they are followed by a teaching experience that I believe to be revealing the purpose of the experience. My heart tells me this is good, and more answers will come in time along with understanding. However, another part of me (maybe ego?) needs to know for sure. In my reawakening, I almost know the very instance that I tapped into something, and since then some abilities have amazed me. Pertaining to spiritual gifts, to which I am not absolutely positive I am ready for nor real sure what to do with, how do you know and what shall I do?

I have asked the Holy Bride to help me down my path and reveal what she would have know along with experiences. I have such peace in knowing she is with me when I call on her. I enjoy to share in dance with her and each experience allows me to grow in many things, especially love.

I want to be sure I am not missing something major or being tricked in any form or fashion.

Any light that you might could cast on this would be appreciated.

I send blessings as you read this.

Namaste'

Kelly

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Discernment

#8 Postby Tau Malachi » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:01 pm

Greetings and welcome Kelly!

It is good that we walk in circumspection and that we question our spiritual contacts – the cultivation of spiritual discernment is essential as the Gnostic experience unfolds, for as the saying goes, “All spirits are not necessarily from God.” In fact, the lack of spiritual discernment is a great problem in a significant percentage of modern spirituality and the new age movement, so much so than many are led astray from the Path to Enlightenment, however good their intention at the outset might have been.

Often it is not the egoistic self that challenges our spiritual and mystical experiences, but rather it is the intelligence of our heart and soul probing, seeking to discern between truth and falsehood, light and darkness – and that circumspection is good and true.

That said, it is one thing to fall into self-doubt and insecurity, and it is another thing to question the nature of our spiritual contacts – if it is an issue of self-doubt and insecurity, then we have an insertion of the egoistic self. That is another matter entirely. If that is the case, then doubt and insecurity must be banished and dispelled through prayer and meditation, cleaving to the True Light.

Here is the key: We must learn to go within and live within, with the conscious intention for the reception of the Light from above, and abiding in this way we learn to wait upon the Spirit of the Lord, learning to discern the movements of the Holy Spirit. In terms of the discernment of spiritual contacts, if we are open and honest with ourselves, and we cultivate the Silent Witness – a presence of awareness without self-grasping, attachment and aversion, we can look and see what the spiritual forces we come into contact with encourage in us, and that reveals everything. If I am encouraged and empowered towards Christ-like virtues such love, compassion, understanding, tolerance, generosity, kindness and the like, then that is good and true; on the other hand, if I am being flattered and my egoistic self is becoming inflated, and I am being encouraged towards vices such as pride, arrogance, intolerance, greed, selfish ambition and the like, then there is something wrong with that picture – in other words, we can discern spiritual forces by their influences and effect upon us.

Perhaps our greatest safeguard is our abiding in the Sanctuary of Grace – cleaving inwardly, in faith and gnosis to the Risen Messiah and Shekinah of Messiah; by this I do not mean cleaving to creed or doctrine, but to the Sacred Heart of love and compassion, and to the Light-presence (Christ) and Light-power (Holy Spirit) in us. In this, being open and honest with ourselves in the presence of the Holy One, we will not fall into error, for we will find perfect discernment of spiritual forces – the similitude of the Christos being our measure.

It is delightful, sister, to hear of your reawakening and of the movement towards the Holy Remembrance of the Human One of Light in you – I praise Adonai for this, and I trust that the Spirit of Yahweh will guide the unfolding once again of your soul’s intelligence; I have no doubt that the Shekinah of Messiah, the Holy Bride, will make these spiritual lessons clear. As you have said, it is all a matter of patiently waiting upon the Holy Spirit, for she will make all things clear in due season.

May the Spirit of Truth lead us into All-Truth, Truth-Consciousness; amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Last edited by Tau Malachi on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

loveful

Thank you..

#9 Postby loveful » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:21 pm

Thank you sir for the wisdom you shared with me today. As I wrote my message in the forum yesterday, I prayed that devine wisdom would be shared with me and that intimate things would be revealed to me. You answered questions I held in my heart, that I did not write about. Thank you Holy Spirit.

Along my quest for truth and rememberance I have stumbled upon people and things not true to my heart. My intentions are pure and my heart is full of love and compassion and I want to remain firm and strong on my true path.

As I reread the posts and re-evaluated the experience I wrote about and applied your words in regards to it, the truth was revealed. I was never scared in these experiences, but I did often get annoyed, mainly because it came during quiet time when I simply wanted to be-be in spirit, be in love, be in peace, be in joy, etc... Because I felt I was in a good place, I wondered if this was good.

After I read your response, I asked myself what word would you describe the experience with? Chaotic instantly came to my mind, and the truth was revealed. I could never really understand what was being said and I would get nervous. It was only after centering myself and focusing on the Spiritual Sun in my heart, that it would soften, then become quiet again. Then I would experience the teaching aspect of what I wrote about. Now I truly understand what was revealed.

I am like an infant learning to do everything in regards to my enlightenment path, and often wish for someone to hold my hand and someone to talk to. There are no circles in my area, but I believe I found friends here to which I am grateful.

Is there something I may have done to attract darkness, or are they naturally attracted to try and stop rememberance?
Is it common for people to become drawn to you when you begin to remember your true self? Should I be cautious of their intentions?

I do not wish to align myself with a new age movement, I want to be only a part of Truth.

Thank you to any and all who can help me along my path.

Thank you Spirit of Yahweh and Kallah Messiah for what I have learned and for what you continue to reveal to me. Thank you for the rest you give my soul in your love and light.

In Light and Love,
Kelly

Tau Malachi
Site Admin

Play of Forces

#10 Postby Tau Malachi » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:45 am

Greetings again, Kelly!

There is a vast play of cosmic and spiritual forces within and behind the events that transpire in this world – divine, admixed and dark forces, and we may say that there is a great conflict of forces here; in this world, in the present human condition, it is admixed and dark forces that hold dominion – thus in the psychic and spiritual atmosphere of the world there are myriads of shades and shadows. Quite naturally, in the midst of our spiritual labor, the spiritual life and practice, we will encounter forces of resistance, admixed and dark forces.

In the Gospel we find a very distinct teaching regarding admixed forces, as well as dark and hostile forces; when a soul begins to awaken and seeks its freedom, forces of admixture and darkness enter to deceive and bind the soul once again to the ignorance – they seek to distract the soul and prevent the soul from the Way of the Great Exodus. This reflects our need for the Sanctuary of Grace manifest in Yeshua Messiah, for through the mystery of the cross a ransom is given, the cords that bind us are severed, and through the mystery of the resurrection and ascension the Way of the Great Exodus is opened to us – in the Risen Messiah the illusion-power, the ignorance, binding us is dispelled and the spell of forgetfulness broken, so that we might remember the Human One of Light in us, the Divine I Am.

It is only natural that we should experience the shades and shadows, along with the influences of divine and enlightened beings – we have no independent and substantial self-existence separate and apart from all, but rather we are interconnected and interdependent with all. Thus, regardless of how illumined we might become, or regardless of the degree to which we unfold our realization in Christ, still shades and shadows will come, and trial, tribulation and temptation will come as long as we are in these bodies and this world. Yet, all of this does us a service, and all may be said to be a secret operation of the Holy Spirit – the force of resistance is like a fire refining the gold of our soul, or like the intense heat and pressure forming our soul into *Diamond Being*, the full realization of Supernal or Enlightened Being.

As human beings we are fashioned to be vehicles or channels of the Divine Presence and Power, which is to say vehicles or channels of spiritual forces; thus human beings are the principle vehicles of spiritual beings-forces in this world. In the unenlightened condition of humanity, more often than not, it is admixed forces and dark forces that people become vehicles for – hence, the crucifixion of the Christ-bearer. Therefore, yes, as we sojourn in the Way we will find individuals coming to us bearing other influences – klippotic forces; however, we have a ministry to all, to whatever possible extent, for established in the Sanctuary of Grace our spiritual labor becomes facilitating the enlightenment and liberation of all, the harvest of souls. Rather than worrying about what spiritual forces come with people attracted to us, our concern is seeking to draw out the innate goodness, the innate light, from within all who we come into contact with – in so doing we will not be susceptible to undue influence, but instead will be cleaving in faith and gnosis to the Risen Messiah and Shekinah of Messiah, trusting in the Spirit of Yahweh (the Light Continuum).

Granted, there are conditions in which we will walk away from individuals, in effect separating ourselves from them, honoring their free will in situations that we cannot participate in according to the intelligence of our heart and awareness of God, the True Light; but, generally speaking, our intention is to embody and reflect the Human One of Light so that others might recognize the Truth and Light within themselves and seek their enlightenment, their salvation. This is active compassion – concern for the welfare and well-being of others more than our own self-interests and well-being.

If we become too concerned with the spiritual forces that may come with people in our lives we will swiftly fall into a kind of neurosis and judgment, and fall to our own shades and shadows – a terrible state of alienation or self-righteousness can arise from this; such is quite opposite to forgiveness, love and compassion as taught by Adonai Yeshua. Thus, in our interaction with people it is better to look and see how we can be of service to them and how we might glorify God, the True Light, with them – cleaving in faith and gnosis to the Human One of Light in all our relations.

Essentially, as disciples of Yeshua Messiah and Kallah Messiah our aim is to live and move in the world as Light-bearers, Healers and Peacemakers; this is our task with all our relations.

May we be empowered with all necessary talents and spiritual gifts to serve as laborers in the harvest of souls – as the harvest is plentiful and the need is great, may Adonai send many laborers out into the fields with us; amen.

Blessings & shalom!
Tau Malachi

Sophia Fellowship

Ecclesia Pistis Sophia

loveful

Gratitude

#11 Postby loveful » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:53 am

Thank you again for your insight and wisdom. These words so eloquently spoken give me such peace. Grateful, I am to have you and others to help me on my path.

When I read St. Mary Magdalene, I found myself and was able to truly experience devine love and compassion. For the first time I understood why I had struggeld for so long and understood how my experiences would help me attain my ultimate goal. There is such a fire in my soul to love people, to show them love, tell them of love, as well as peace, compassion and most definately light! I feel this for all, and upon learning your practice of the Silent Witness, I was able to better see the light in those who I found it more difficult to before.
You said,
"generally speaking, our intention is to embody and reflect the Human One of Light so that others might recognize the Truth and Light within themselves and seek their enlightenment, their salvation. This is active compassion – concern for the welfare and well-being of others more than our own self-interests and well-being."
..this has been my intention in dealing with people of different awareness, because regardless, my heart loves them and wants to help them find their gift. I am able to see past fronts, or egos to their true self, and as I speak, share, dance or whatever, I say a prayer and bless that part of them ~ each time. I asked if I should be cautious, because of my infant like state in this knowledge and wisdom of gnosis, I understand that I may be vunerable or naive, and want to avoid confusion, now I will perceive it through my learning eyes asking for insight to what I should learn from the experience ~ as always careful not to judge. I am encouraged and inspired by your words.
I feel as if Kallah Messiah breathed into my soul and ignited a peice of her in me. I see the world very differently. I understand the world differently. I interact differently.
I have found my purpose. I am a lover and healer by nature, and chose a time when these would be my strongest attributes. I will make the best of this lifetime dedicating myself to loving, healing, and nurturing the light in others.
I look forward to learning from each of you and sharing the very best of myself with each of you as well.

Tau Malachi, you have brought and smile to my face that is placed in my heart. Thank you.

May you be blessed in all the ways you have blessed us!

In Love,
Kelly

Return to “The Gnostic Path: Spiritual Life & Practice”