The Principle and Person of Tzaddik

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

The Principle and Person of Tzaddik

#1 Postby Elder Gideon » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:46 pm

Shalom My Friends:

But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace; in his flesh he has made [Jew and Gentile] into one and has broken down the dividing wall, that is, the hostility between us. He has abolished the law with its commandments and ordinances, so that he might create in himself one new humanity in place of the two, thus making peace, and might reconcile both groups to God in one body through the cross, thus putting to death that hostility through it. So he came and proclaimed peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near; for through him both of us have access in one Spirit to the Father. So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are citizens with the saints and also members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the cornerstone. In him the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord; in whom you also are built together spiritually into a dwelling-place for God (Ephesians 2:13-22).

It is with delight that I share how we are already a week away from another high day in our solar year: The Feast of the Apostolic Succession. "The Harvest of Souls," as it is also called, is exactly what it says, a gathering of all that is ready and ripe to be brought into the house. We are empowered to this work of gathering-in by the Grace which gathered us in, our work being the work of the one by whom we were initiated.

"The Way," as the earliest apostles called it, is as simple as serving others, expressing belief with action that speaks louder. What is one serving in another, but the Righteous One within them? Throughout the Book of Acts, the Apostles describe the Savior as Righteous One. This is entirely Jewish, even Kabbalistic, for to call the Living Yeshua "Righteous One", they're plainly declaring him Tzaddik. What is Tzaddik is simply Enlightenment, the whole of Kabbalah itself. Tzaddik is an enlightenment principle and an enlightened person at one and the same time.

It is all too easy to remove ourselves from Tzaddik in one of two extremes: Tzaddik the Principle may be abstracted and theorized ever out of reach or beyond who we believe ourselves to be, while Tzaddik the Person might be dismissed for her or his human form and name, accent, biography, and idiosyncrasies. Either case, Tzaddik, Enlightenment, is missed for thinking, "I don't know" or "I know," each of which is half true and therefore misleading.

I wished to introduce this play between Tzaddik as a Principle and Person, because it's so common in practitioners' experiences. To overvalue either the Principle or Person of Tzaddik fails to meet Tzaddik; to undervalue either the Principle or Person also fails to meet Tzaddik. So Tzaddik itself, Principle and Person, is a balance of the what and the who one is as they are in God.

It is timely to inquire of this as the Harvest of Souls is a mutual mirroring of Tzaddik: Where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am (Matthew 18.20). How else does harvesting happen? Am I actually so separate from the gaze of the one initiating me, or in this initiatory gaze am I finally meeting myself? You see, not long after the Upper Room at Pentecost, the community of The Way was swiftly exploding into a proliferation of Tzaddikim.

To reflect on what first brought you to whatever layer of this community you find yourself today is to admit to Tzaddik within meeting Tzaddik without. A Principle and a Person, the reality of Tzaddik is a balance we bring forth from within ourselves through active kindness. Actions speak louder than beliefs. Salvation is to serve.

See, now is the acceptable time; see, now is the day of salvation! (2 Corinthians 6:2).

Elder Gideon

Martina

Re: The Principle and Person of Tzaddik

#2 Postby Martina » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:53 am

Shalom Dear Elder Gideon and Friends!

Praise to Our Mother for this delightful and timely contemplation she put in your heart! I would like to add to it what Tau Malachi teaches about the Sixtieth Name of Gevurot:

“Now, the holy tzaddikim who may come to us – the “outer tzaddik,” reflects our inner tzaddik, the presence of the Messiah and Holy Spirit in us, or what may be called our “Christ Self”; in fact, in the experience of higher consciousness and self-realization in the Messiah we find that the outer and inner tzaddik are inseparable from one another, and are the very same Light-presence and Light-power. Thus, this Holy Name is also an invocation of the awareness of our inner tzaddik – the man or woman of God in us, our inner and higher self as we are in the Messiah.”

The visitation of tzaddik and the formation of sacred friendships with them is a transforming and life changing experience – just to meet a holy tzaddik with faith and love is an exchange of sparks and spiritual transmission, an initiation or empowerment, and forming a relationship with them, a sacred friendship, is to entertain a very powerful dance of the Holy Shekinah and Light Transmission.”

You wrote:
“It is timely to inquire of this as the Harvest of Souls is a mutual mirroring of Tzaddik: Where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am (Matthew 18.20). How else does harvesting happen? Am I actually so separate from the gaze of the one initiating me, or in this initiatory gaze am I finally meeting myself? You see, not long after the Upper Room at Pentecost, the community of The Way was swiftly exploding into a proliferation of Tzaddikim.”

To meet tzaddik in this world in an emanation body is an immeasurable blessing as it teaches us that our humanity can be completely uplifted. This is what we see in the life story of Lord Yeshua and all true tzaddikim that appear here. All is uplifted regardless if it seems to our surface consciousness auspicious or inauspicious. On deeper levels of soul we receive all as for the good and seek to embody this understanding so that others can access it as well. It seems in this process something of the separation from inner and outer tzaddik is dissolved.

Gratefully,
Martina
Martina

sheryl
Site Admin

#3 Postby sheryl » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:50 am

Dear Elder Gideon, Sister Martina and Friends,

Shalom and blessings to all in the Light of the Messiah!

Praise to our Source and Sustenance for this contemplation as we move towards the upcoming feast.

You both, with your sharing, have inspired many thoughts, many contemplations, praise Ma, that continue to unfold.

If I first might thank Elder Gideon for sharing the beautiful teaching from Apostle Paul. This is a message of faith and hope reminding us that there is an intelligence greater than ourselves at work, praise God, one that echoes the message repeated often times in scripture. Two verses come to the forefront of thoughts:

One from Jeremiah: For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope.

And one from Esther: For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”

And so with pride we know that God's Will be done, and with humility we know that God will make fit vessels to accomplish God's Will. The Principle, and the Person, of Tzaddik.

Hallelu-Yah! Praise God!

A couple of other thoughts come to mind.

With Sister Martina's insightful sharing about the inner and outer Tzaddik and Elder Gideon teaching by saying Am I actually so separate from the gaze of the one initiating me, or in this initiatory gaze am I finally meeting myself? saying 22 from the Gospel of Thomas came to mind.

Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the (Father's) kingdom."

They said to him, "Then shall we enter the (Father's) kingdom as babies?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."

When a Person of Tzaddik appears in our life, can we say that there is a quickening of making the outer like the inner, and the inner like the outer? For it seems that we are uplifted in both the inner and the outer with such a meeting, and through the presence of the Person of Tzaddik, the disharmony between the two is revealed. Perhaps we can even say that inner is Tzaddik in Principle and outer is Tzaddik in Person? And the meeting of an external Tzaddik is actually Person and Principle, the meeting of both, if neither is undervalued or overvalued?

It also comes to mind that to overvalue or to undervalue Person or Principle is to view either as nouns instead of verbs. Fixed objects instead of energetic movements. A teaching once heard comes to mind, that the Chariot and the Rider of the Chariot are in Essence the same thing.

Any adjustments or clarifications to these thoughts will be received with gratitude.

Sheryl

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

#4 Postby Elder Gideon » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:57 pm

Shalom Sisters!

Powerful insights from Tzaddik within both of you! Praise Shaddai El Hai!

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s own people, in order that you may proclaim the mighty acts of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
Once you were not a people,
but now you are God’s people;
once you had not received mercy,
but now you have received mercy
(2 Peter 2:9-10).

Sister Martina's insight is quite inspired: "All is uplifted regardless if it seems to our surface consciousness auspicious or inauspicious. On deeper levels of soul we receive all as for the good and seek to embody this understanding so that others can access it as well. It seems in this process something of the separation from inner and outer tzaddik is dissolved." The encounter with an embodiment of this enlightenment--Tzaddik--shows us that we also are more than we appear in this world. Our life display is a prescription from the Holy One of the most precise diagnoses not only for ourselves, but for others who alone will benefit from our way in The Way. Let's stand then, not in the surface of our personal history, but in its vehicle, its unique capacity to best benefit those who are linked with it. Sister Sheryl's insight is equally subtle and deeply connected: "The Chariot and the Rider of the Chariot are in Essence the same thing." The vehicle and its director are in Essence the same thing. To hear that our life display, the Chariot, is also a vehicle for others who can best relate with the Rider, the Presence, is bringing us precisely to a beautiful synthesis Ma will further, with Her help.

Tzaddik in Principle and Person is One. There's an entirely feminine nuance, a capacity to receive and gestate and manifest, pervading Tzaddik when the Divine Name Almighty, Shaddai, שדי is recalled in exquisite coincidences with other Hebrew words, such as breast, shad, שד, and field, sadeh, שדה. Whether in hills above or fields below, both point to what becomes of the internal and external displays of Reality As It Is from what we suckle and in what we plant. What grows is what has been planted and suckled, what has been most desired.

Do you not say, “Four months more, then comes the harvest”? But I tell you, look around you, and see how the fields are ripe for harvesting. The reaper is already receiving wages and is gathering fruit for eternal life, so that sower and reaper may rejoice together. For here the saying holds true, “One sows and another reaps.” I sent you to reap that for which you did not labour. Others have labored, and you have entered into their labor’ (John 4:35-38).

This Harvest of Souls, this Apostolic Succession, is without credit or compliment. I cannot say "I" was the one who gathered-in or supported the Light within another, for someone long before me planted the seed of light, so to speak. God made the seed grow. It won't harvest itself, nor gather itself in, so my sensitivity to its cycle of development reflects my sensitivity to the Living Spirit. Tau Malachi always says, "The labor is ours. The fruit belongs to the Mother."

For when one says, ‘I belong to Paul’, and another, ‘I belong to Apollos’, are you not merely human? What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Servants through whom you came to believe, as the Lord assigned to each. I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. The one who plants and the one who waters have a common purpose, and each will receive wages according to the labor of each. For we are God’s servants, working together; you are God’s field, God’s building (1 Corinthians 3:4-9).

Tau Malachi shared of this mystery of shad and sadeh that, "Our life and livelihood is really below, in the field, sadeh. No one in their right mind lives on top of hills, but below in the fields." From this, I heard that while we might experience a peak from the breast, from shad, what becomes of it is what we till, plant, nurture, and harvest from below, from the field, sadeh. The entirety of this, what truly makes Apostles, is the full circle of tilling, planting, tending, and harvesting from the field of souls growing on vines of God. As of a precious crop, like a lineage of rare wine grapes tended by a professional vigneron, so the close and intimate detail of the vigneron's watching, waiting, and patient encouragement of the ripening of the grapes cultivates the glory within such a delicate fruit.

Who is this with such capacity, but a Tzaddik? St. Peter answers us with something magnificent and astonishing. If we are initiated and received into this covenant, this agreement with Messiah, we are vignerons, vinedressers, cultivators of precious produce, in a word: Leaders. Whether in our family, our relationships, in our creative, recreational, or professional communities, our neighborhoods, we who are anointed in the Blessed Name are leaders. We are light-bearers. While we might have been ignorant of this Light Presence, this Tzaddik wearing us throughout our growing up and coming into being, that ignorance ended in our initiation and reception into this greater community, this royal priesthood of holy women and men uniquely qualified to extract light out of darkness, illumination out of ignorance, release out of suffering.

It is time to wake up to this leader, this light-bearer indwelling us all the while, and labor according to:

its Spirit (East),
its Wisdom and Understanding (West),
its Counsel and Might (South) and
its Fear and Knowledge of YHVH (North) (Isaiah 11:2).

Such is the destiny of what it means to be anointed in the Spirit of Messiah, anointed as a laborer in the sadeh of Shaddai.

Elder Gideon

Yonah

#5 Postby Yonah » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:04 pm

Greetings and Blessings in the Name of the Risen Messiah!

Thank you Elder Gideon for this beautiful teaching and thank you to my sisters for their insights.
As you bring this idea of Tzaddik, apostolic succession, the gathering of souls, and then this wonderful insight of the feminine nuance – I can’t help but think of the Second Coming and Mother Israel birthing the new humanity.

My experience of Tzaddik has gone from one of not truly seeing beyond a word or title, to an experience of knowing the truth of Tzaddik and the blessing of the presence within one’s life, and finally to understanding that Tzaddik is a gift, but also experience of our potential. This is much like my experience of Yeshua. First He was a person I heard about, then I came to experience His presence, and now I know that what He is we are becoming!

I see this in the Feast of Apostolic Succession. I believe that many times we have been called and because of fear we have believed we were not able to answer this call. I see in my Tzaddik the call answered and lived beyond anything I could ever have imagined. This tells me that we must also answer and be ready for El Elyon to use us. All is possible because it is God who is doer and not “us”. Paul states this so well in Philippians 4:13 – “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

Elder Gideon states “Tzaddik in Principle and Person is One”. There is something about this that inherently points my mind to the Second Coming. I have often heard Tau Malachi speak of how we are to be mid-wives for the birthing of the new humanity. There is something in Elder Gideon’s post that makes me see Tzaddik as more than mid-wife, but instead something of an embodiment of Mother. There is such love and cultivation that Tzaddik takes up on our behalf, just as a parent does for their children. In turn, this loving preparation calls us to take up our mantle, to use our gifts, and as Elder Gideon states, become leaders and apostles. This person and principle urges us toward service for the people and the land!

I think the questions we need to ask are: How can we break down the fear that holds us back? and What is ours to do? I also believe that these questions are not to be asked in stagnation. We are called to dynamic surrender which means we need to start moving forward, serving our God and our community, and keep asking how we can refine this vehicle that is our incarnation.

I know many of these answers are individual, but I think that as a community we are here to support each other. I wonder what this can look like and how we can all be powerful instruments of change for the Second Coming?

We are all so blessed to be in the presence of Tzaddik, to be part of this amazing Tradition, and to be a companion in this Community. I pray that the mercy of the Holy One touches beings across this planet and that all can know this great love.

Shalom, Yonah
Shalom,
Yonah
EPS Columbus Gathering

Elder Sarah
Site Admin

#6 Postby Elder Sarah » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:38 am

Shabbat Shalom!

Praise El, Gods mercy, for this message!

I am taken by this to one of my favorite parables (Matthew 20),

For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard. After agreeing with the laborers for the usual daily wage, he sent them into his vineyard. When he went out about 9:00, he saw others standing idle in the marketplace; and he said to them, 'you also go into the vineyard, and I will pay you whatever is right.' So they went. When he went out again about 3:00, he did the same. And about 5:00 he went out an found others standing around; and he said to them, 'Why are you standing here idle all day?' They said to him, 'Because no one has hired us. He said to them, 'You also go into the vineyard.' When evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his manager, 'Call the laborers and give them their pay, beginning with the last and then going to the first. When those hired about 5:00 came, each of them received the usual daily wage. Now when the first came, they thought they would receive more; but each of them also received the usual daily wage. And when they received it, they grumbled against the landowner, saying 'These last worked only one hour, and you have made them equal to is who have borne the burden of the day and the scorching heat.' But he replied to one of them, Friend, I am doing you no wrong; did you not agree with me for the usual daily wage? Take what belongs to you and go; I choose to give to this last the same as I give to you. Am I not allowed to do what I choose with what belongs to me? Or are you envious because I am generous? So the last will be first, and the first will be last."

This parable reminds of the idea that the work is One work, it is One labor, the work of our Tzaddik is our work. I love how the owner of the vineyard says, "Why are you standing here idle all day". This speaks much of our purpose, the reason for which we have come. No matter when, how or why we have come to consciously participate in the work, the work is the work and it is the reason we have come. In this way, we leave behind our karmic past, who and what we think we are and we take up the work according to our portion. When there is a call, to do anything else is "standing here idle all day". James says, Faith without works is dead. We come to the work through faith, though it is our work that enacts our faith.

This parable also speaks another mystery of Apostolic Succession. Within each of us is each of the laborers. We are the laborers that came in the morning, the ones that came midday, in the afternoon and still later in the afternoon. Within us, in our soul, we are all of these at one time. Just as Elder Gideon spoke of the process of the harvest, the cultivation, the seeding, the tending and the harvest itself, how each step is essential to the whole, so too, each laborer is essential to entire work. It is very liberating to recognize within us is the part that is cultivating, hence tilling and preparing. Within is the part that is engaged in seeding and sprouting. Within is the part engaged is tending, watering and weeding. Within is that part that is ready for the harvest. Within is the part that is the harvester! All one movement, all one dance!

Tzaddik without is always showing this, always working towards the message that we are so much bigger than we think we are. Always showing how to engage the whole of ourselves. Leading by example. Unifying Tzaddik without with Tzaddik within appears to be an ability to engage all of these parts of self. To be both a Disciple and Tzaddik. To engage our humanity in a Divine way. To be the harvester and that which is harvested.

May the people and the land be empowered this day to enact the fullness of this great work!

Shalom,
Elder Sarah

sheryl
Site Admin

#7 Postby sheryl » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:46 pm

Shabbat Shalom Dear Brothers and Sisters!

I am in awe this day in reading what has been shared on this thread. Praise to the One who brings us illumination and healing.

Something new for me is being seen in the Master's parables with this sharing by our Elders. This something new perhaps is found in what Elder Gideon quoted:

The reaper is already receiving wages..

I cannot help but imagine that when Adonai Yeshua was speaking to his disciples about the first and last laborers receiving the same wages, a Light Transmission was occurring so the hearers were uplifted into a higher perspective seeing that the wages have already been paid, are being paid and will continue to be paid.

So not only is the Great Work One and the Laborers One, but in this higher awareness it is seen that the Wages are One as well. Thus the reward is found in the labor itself.

Is this not what is been said in the teaching by our Tau: Our life and livelihood is really below, in the field, sadeh?

Hallelu-Yah!

PS if i might add: Thank you, Elder Gideon, for sharing the verse from Isaiah on the directions and the Spirit of God. It is fueling delightful contemplations.

With Gratitude,

Sheryl

Elder Gideon
Site Admin

Wages

#8 Postby Elder Gideon » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:59 am

Shalom!

Much praise and celebration for your luminous insights! Apart from an experience in Light Transmission, in Messianic consciousness, many of the parables of Yeshua such as this one favored by Elder Sarah make not a moment of sense. To the solarplexus (ego), these parables of the Gospel are foolishness. To the heart, they are sublime and precise articulations of the Supernal reality.

Now when the first [laborers] came, they thought they would receive more; but each of them also received the usual daily wage. And when they received it, they grumbled against the landowner, saying 'These last worked only one hour, and you have made them equal to is who have borne the burden of the day and the scorching heat' (Matthew 20:10-12).

The matter of everyone being paid the same for greater or lesser hours worked is simply not the way of the job market. Their complaint is entirely reasonable. These who laborers who grumbled speak from a space parallel with the elder brother who also grumbled against the party of his returning prodigal, younger brother:

‘Now his elder son was in the field; and when he came and approached the house, he heard music and dancing. He called one of the slaves and asked what was going on. He replied, “Your brother has come, and your father has killed the fatted calf, because he has got him back safe and sound.” Then he became angry and refused to go in. His father came out and began to plead with him. But he answered his father, “Listen! For all these years I have been working like a slave for you, and I have never disobeyed your command; yet you have never given me even a young goat so that I might celebrate with my friends. But when this son of yours came back, who has devoured your property with prostitutes, you killed the fatted calf for him!” (Luke 15: 25-30)

I've witnessed this same energy in the generation of companions with whom I'm also practicing. If someone has been in circle for a period of years, an expectation of some promotion or status inevitably rises. So, to the laborers all paid the same for different hours, the elder brother jealous of the generosity showered upon his undeserving younger brother, or any other entitlement that takes root in a practitioner's effort in community over some years, the Perfect Master is speaking a sublime mystery.

These are only words until the experience to which they point can penetrate us from inside out: In the Sovereignty of Messiah, all is realized, all is gathered, all is accomplished. This integrity is the space in which the Perfect Master dwelled and from which he spoke. For him, Supernal Malkut is near, spread out upon the earth. While he was within looking out, others then and now are outside looking in. From outside looking in, it's not fair that all are paid the same for working different hours, or someone gets a party after squandering an inheritance, or some are ordained more swiftly than others in community. Yet from inside looking out in Messianic Consciousness, the work is already accomplished, redemption is now, and realization is so.

Until this experience of Supernal Malkut dawns, we are wise to submit our imagination to the wages of this greater reality of the Christ already present within all, waiting to be revealed by our mutual labor.

In the least of these, may we remember you, Messiah, and respond.

Elder Gideon

Anna

#9 Postby Anna » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:19 am

Blessings in the Light of the Great Mother, Imma Gadol!

I am enjoying the contemplations arising in this thread! Praise God for Knesset where Messiah is sown and nourished!

The "embodiment of Mother" that Bishop Yonah points out above is speaking in a powerful way to me in my journey at this point. I'm being blessed with very positive experiences of psychotherapy with a highly compassionate and skilled therapist--God bless her work--which reminds me very much of the work of Tzaddik and Anointed Community in cultivating and nurturing initiates. There is a process of "re-mothering" or "re-parenting" that is part of the therapeutic cycle moving me into greater maturation as an adult human being. More than that, I am engaging a type of "life-review" so that places where I am resisting life in relationship with self and others, are revealed so I may enact a surrender to life as it is and to who I am in God! Also, seeing the good in myself and having compassion for myself is growing my capacity to see the good in others and to have greater compassion for others as well. It is growing a deeper sensitivity within that is increasing empathy with others, deeper listening, deeper insight, more powerful prayer for self and others. Without this struggle to be renewed, "born again" I might say, I cannot move toward realization of the potential of this incarnation, this marvelous and unique portion God has given me.

This therapeutic process of re-parenting seems mirrored in the Supernal Re-parenting I am experiencing through Tzaddik and Anointed Community. It requires engagement of my Inner Supernal Parent, as it were, because nothing could be recognized or realized without my own "active and dynamic surrender," as Tau often puts it, my own work on myself in cooperation with God's Good Grace. The person of Tzaddik nurturing spiritual friends through the process of generation stage is a labor of pure love! The points made above, that this is a process engaging both Inner and Outer Tzaddik, where the Inner is awakened and drawn out by Outer Tzaddik in the matrix of Anointed Community, is what I am experiencing in this "uphill climb," in myself and others. One of my sisters just told me yesterday that she felt a new person arising within her, a gentle, loving and strong person coming into being. Her desire is not only to realize this "true self," as I recollect she called it, but also to share this with her family and friends. Praise Ma for miracles of healing our person and life!

Indeed, the way is wide that leads deeper into unconscious existence. The way is narrow and challenging that leads to life--but what fullness of life awaits us in this Narrow Way into Self-Actualization, Illumination!

May we enter that "birth canal," that narrow way to life, with growing faith, hope and love, surrendering to all that God has for us, whether it seems pleasant or unpleasant. May we be blessed with the Joy of the Lord that is our Strength!

I look forward to what new insights Mother inspires in this thread!
Shalom!
Anna

Return to “The Gnostic Path: Spiritual Life & Practice”